Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.
What I'd really enjoy is a SALR-style option to have threads you've read with new posts be listed at the top of the thread list. For some reason I prefer the Firefox addon's way of doing this where the stickies are first and then threads with unread posts are second, but putting them above stickies would be okay, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

pokeyman posted:

Is it better than:

Show OP if you've never read the thread. Show last poster if you've read any of the thread.

I think this is a great way to do it.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Okay, so, what am I missing?

Edit: It shows up in my main thread listing (without being a favorite) and I can read the threads.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

jojoinnit posted:

Click a thread, go out of it and post a screen of the thread list again showing the unread count. I'm curious.
Sure.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

The sad part is I don't even read it. I wish I could share my magic.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

It seems like randomly when I load a thread (maybe just bookmarks? Not sure since I don't spend much time outside of bookmarks) with unread posts everything gets colored blue as if they were seen posts. Then sometimes they aren't and everything is fine. I can't exactly see much rhyme or reason to why/when it happens, though. Latest version, iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6 and dark theme.

fourwood fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 13, 2014

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Loaded for me, iPhone 5 on iOS 7.1.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

This is a total nitpick, but can you gray out "Previous posts" more on the dark theme? The contrast isn't great and I tend to think it's enabled half the time it isn't.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Blackula69 posted:

I am having a new issue as of today, unread counts don't update properly in bookmarks. Threads will reorder themselves and clicking on the takes me to unread posts but when it's 1-4 new posts I don't see the number

I seem to remember something about the forums themselves only updating it once in a while. If you wait a bit and refresh does it update?

Or I could be totally wrong.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

FWIW I never got a database unavailable message. I still had a forums list, but trying to refresh my bookmarks or load an actual forum thread listing just gave a blank page.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Xabi posted:

Dark mode is pretty nice but the "new posts" numbers are too hard to see IMO.

Yep, this. And yes, on the thread lists, not bookmarks.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Is the tap target for starring forums really small or am I just a fat fingered goon?

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

If I'm looking at a single user's posts in a thread, the pages spinner still has all the page numbers of the full thread. Like, the thread has 100 pages and the user has 3 pages of posts, it says "1/3" at the bottom, but then you tap it and the spinner goes to 100. Picking 1, 2, or 3 in this example would work as expected (only that user's posts), but any other page number just comes back blank.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Brighter unread counts and sorting unread threads first? Loving it. I will now go make a sacrifice to the App Review Gods for graciously providing us with this update.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

NESguerilla posted:

Sorry for the dumb question, but I've been a luddite for years when it comes to iCloud and I'm just uploading my photos now. Is there any way to set them to delete from my phone once they are uploaded, or what kind of options do I have in general?

If you use the iCloud Photo Library or whatever there's a setting like "Optimize iPhone Storage" or something. This'll only keep low-res previews and the full pics will stay online and only download when you want to look at/use them. Should be in Settings->iCloud->Photos I should think.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

The Lord Bude posted:

in the bookmarks tab you have to do the 3d touch on the actual icon to the left of each bookmark, not the text.

Definitely works on the text for me...

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Tap and hold, Mark Unread.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

My test sample size of one happily reports that I quickly swiped back from a link and could continue to use the app in iOS 9.3b3.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

carry on then posted:

Hmm, so crashing is probably not the best reaction to "the forums list wasn't what we were expecting." But what would be?

Is the dropdown list something that usually fixes itself on a reload, or does it last for a little while?

If the former, maybe just a "couldn't get the forums list, pull to refresh" or something.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

smoobles posted:

Dumb feature idea that would appeal to me a lot:

Light/dark mode on a schedule, so it can go to dark mode at night and white mode during the day without having to manually switch it.

Tweetbot does this and I love it. Well, better yet, it switches in response to the backlight level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Stare-Out posted:

Could it be added to the favorites page too? The old spinny iOS loading thing is still there.

Yes, all app spinnies should be replaced with the new throbbing. e: because it's the best

• Locked thread