Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Anyone who wants to talk about "cultural marxism" should be demonstrated the fact that Soviet Union was very socially conservative.

B-b-b-but The Frankfurt School :freep:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

XtraSmiley posted:

Wow, I never thought I would agree with the Dilbert guy. He's right you know. Not about the Joker, but about Fox News and their audience.

Yeah it's kinda amazing to hear "Fox News exploits the human instinct toward pattern recognition to get you to buy their bullshit" from Scott Adams, whose misapplied sense of pattern recognition makes him say the dumbest poo poo imaginable :allears:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Twelve by Pies posted:

And there's still a bit of an age divide too. Even if they're spouting right wing talking points, old people generally want someone old like themselves that they feel understand them and how bad Kids These Days are. And younger right wingers want someone young and cool who share their goal of building up fascism, not some old guy ranting about Kids These Days.

Shapiro is kinda bridging that divide but yeah, Fox News remains the big prestige venue and anyone under 50 is going to be the opening act, not the headliner

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

STAC Goat posted:

And the little I do know about GamerGate I thought the political point of it was that it was a gateway into ostensibly liberal people who invest a disproportionate amount of energy in video game politics to try and poison them on the rest? So like doesn't it actually make sense that a lot of GamerGaters are the type of people who say stuff like "I'm a liberal/Democrat/progressive/feminist/whatever but..."?

It's because way back in 2014 most of these people would hold ostensibly leftist positions on weed/climate change/healthcare. They just happened to be massive racists and sexists who had a visceral reaction to anyone who didn't look like them.

Nowadays they're all watching Crowder tell them they don't actually need these things because he plays into that visceral reaction.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

No, and now we're going to talk about the legal implications of B.J. Blazkowicz's actions.

Unlike most WW2 games, B.J. wasn't acting as a uniformed combatant, but instead as a spy.

Definitely in The Old Blood and the tutorial level of New Order, but after that he's an Insurgent

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

OgNar posted:

It seems that in an interview Mike has also blurted out that he hasn't actually seen the 'Data' he is presenting this Thanksgiving.

He really didn't see any of the data he presented before his infamous cybersecurity symposium either, and yet people still believe in him.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

A masterful gormless stare and featureless pug face before 20. Dude's gonna be a billionaire, maybe even Tucker's successor.

Eh, that's what they said about Zimmerman and that one kid who yelled racist slurs at a native american activist at a Trump rally. Sure they love him *Now* because he did the thing they all want to do and got acquitted for it, but who knows what they're going to think a year from now when he stops being the teenager Qmoms always wanted

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

PhazonLink posted:

Just want to state again that The Regressive Welfare Speaking Circuit is also mostly a myth a all these people have 5 mins of fame before being dropped.

Like the best the Rittenhouse or the racist highschooler that yelled at the pipeline protest is they have ONE line of fame on their resume before being another peon in the regressive machine. (or they could win the rng lottery and actually be the next supa star talkin head, but thats rng.)

Success in the Right-wing grift machine is dictated by your ability to say "Yes, and" to anything. You have to be as quick-witted as you are shameless, and yeah not everyone can pull that off.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Nonsense posted:

I am seeing chuds in the wild claiming the parade run-over is an anti-white attack.

They just came down from their big win high and need that persecution narrative to settle back into normalcy before monday morning

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

tracecomplete posted:

Looks as much like godawful lighting as anything else. Of course it could be both, but I’m always struck at how fundamentally poor the right wing is at largely solved challenges in art.

It's because that would require learning lessons from masters past and present, while also knowing when to acknowledge criticism. If they could do either they wouldn't be right-wingers

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Xand_Man posted:

It looks like a lot of Democratic politicians still think this is a thing, and they haven't realized that after the GOP ensures their one party rule the base will start demanding executions or less charitably they are cool with it and ok with the cops slaughtering increasingly desperate disenfranchised voters

I mean yeah not long after this happens Tucker is fifth to go against the wall by whichever Patriot Militia deems him ideologically impure in Chudmerica, and he'd have to be the biggest loving moron not to see it coming and do everything he can to reverse course.

We're doomed :negative:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mellow Seas posted:

Mel Gibson* (seems to stick around no matter what, it's crazy)

Gibson still gets work because he keeps his bullshit off the set. Contrast Segal who is one of the most notorious prima-donnas in Hollywood and frequent Gibson collaborator Jim Caviezel who is literally and unironically a danger to himself and others

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Astrofig posted:

Wait whay did Caviezal do? I know he's got that nutty turbo-Christian thing going on--he apparently won't do nude scenes at all, he insists on having some article of clothing on--but what else has he done?

By the end of Person Of Interest his character was almost fully replaced by a stunt-double in a ski-mask because he'd take every action scene as a license to hurt everyone around him including himself. And yeah, more recently he's gotten into Q poo poo

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

OgNar posted:

Did you lose everything in the recent Tornado devastation?
You may be sleeping in a school gymnasium and have no hopes left, but at least your head will be comfortable.
Thanks Mike Lindell.

Finally, a worthy successor to "Trump throwing paper towels at hurricane Maria victms"

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Twelve by Pies posted:

Jay Johnston lost his job as Jimmy Pesto on Bob's Burgers because he was allegedly at the January 6th insurrection. Supposedly Tim Heidecker confirmed it was him, but deleted the tweets because he said he didn't want to be quoted as an official source.

This sucks man, I thought everyone from Mr. Show was cool.

They'll inevitably recast him but I really think they need to write that into the show somehow. Just have his pizzeria go under from negative press and Bob spends the rest of the episode wondering about what his life is like without an arch-nemesis before they introduce Jonny "O'Brian's" Irish pub

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Twelve by Pies posted:

Hell has some nice golf courses apparently. I guess Satan really rewards his buddies well.

The ironic punishment is that every time you set a course record, a black man immediately gets on the course and breaks your record. Yes this even happens if you somehow score a perfect 18

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

This makes me think we're gonna find out Some poo poo about him pretty soon and he's trying to get ahead of it.

Or he's just narcissistic enough to insert himself into any tragedy he's loosely connected to

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Jagged Jim posted:

Oh, for gently caress's sake...

Oldest trick in the internet. When someone has good reason to call you the dumbest motherfucker alive, just say "you mad bro?:smuggo:"

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, there is no doubt in my mind the dudes behind Geeks+Gamers, Nerdrotic, the 600 pound baby-looking motherfucker, and that weasel-faced duded with the massive fivehead are all true believers of Jone's bigoted lunacy. The B, C, and D-tiers of that crew, maybe not so much, but who knows.

Gary Buechler in particular has that deranged, disheveled type of look to him that says he never leaves his house because he's paranoid about women broadcasting 5G into his testicles with their nefarious second X chromosome and turning him hypergay.

The Quartering meanwhile has openly admitted that he's a grifter. I mean yeah I'm sure he believes some of his bullshit but more than half of his videos exist because the algorithm commanded him to make them

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

WILL NO ONE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS HORRENDOUS TRAGEDY :byodood:

Next headline: Vaccine mandates are the worst form of tyranny ever delivered by any government in the history of ever, and here's why.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Whoopsiedoodle!

https://twitter.com/daveyalba/status/1477646895849877504?s=20

Apparently it was for having over 5 strikes' worth of COVID misinformation, which, yep, that's our girl! (Sadly, this is just her personal account and not her official one, bu then she's been far less brazen on that account. Somehow.)

The congressional account is most likely run by some underpaid Georgia GOP employee, as it usually only shows regular updates about her pretending to be a congresswoman. That said she'll probably shift over to that one before getting banned again sometime soon.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

VitalSigns posted:

This one's the best because the UV light stuff, if you remember, referred to some hilarious right-wing cope where they were telling each other that Trump, in his infinite sagacity and preparedness, had secretly marked every single paper ballot in the country with a UV stamp, so the fake Chinese ballots Biden had shipped in at the last second would be easily identified.

Don't forget the reports of "Bamboo fibers" on the ballots because China you see.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

FlamingLiberal posted:

At one point Beck’s site was hemorrhaging money and I don’t know if that ever changed

None of these places are ever genuinely profitable. It's just a question of whether or not you can find an oil billionaire who thinks your propaganda is better than the other guys'

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Comrayn posted:

I just walked by moms muted tv and the Fox News chyron was something about an Illinois school hosting an after school satan club and I just find out more about this fever dream. Anyone know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dAKyO9J2dA

Serious answer:

The Satanic Temple is once again trolling local extensions of Christian hegemony. Fox News really should know better by now not to take the bait but here we are.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

OgNar posted:

Its designed to please one person.

They should do Fox next though if they are going that route.

A few months ago it was revealed that Directv provides 90% of their budget, Fox News would probably survive a similar event but OAN will probably have to switch to the podcast game if they even want to exist as a corporate entity.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mercury_Storm posted:

Wonder if OANN getting shafted is a result of the earlier (embarrassing?) reveal that AT&T funded them (through DirecTV).

Yeah it's probably this. The person who made the call probably still has their job and an obscenely high paycheck but it makes for better optics

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Gettysburg was like Midway, in that even a "Win" for the Confederacy would have meant losses that couldn't be replaced in exchange for the vague possibility that it would demoralize the enemy and leave them unwilling to fight. Then pop-history remembers these battles as "The Turning Point" because the maps start changing colors at a much faster rate.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Dpulex posted:

A lot seem to hold Ripley as the ideal female hero, but yes anyone who isn't straight and white in a lead role is seen as pandering to chuds.

See also the countless "Why do we need (movie with a black protagonist) we already had Blade" concern trolling every time

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

nine-gear crow posted:

I think with the amount of money Spotify spent on him, they are ride or die on him... straight into the ground, apparently.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's something in that infamous 100mil contract that says they're stuck with him for at least another year

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Twelve by Pies posted:

It is pretty incredible how the biggest dumbass dipshits are becoming superstars in the right wing media sphere. For how hateful and evil he was, Rush was incredibly smart and talented. Buck Sexton at least sounds like he knows what he's talking about most of the time, and has his "former CIA agent" label that a lot of people will view as making him credible. Then on the other hand you have complete loving morons like Charlie Kirk, Candace Owens and Ben Shapiro that are right wing superstars.

Not saying every leftist is a super cool genius or anything, of course. Maybe it's just because there's so much right wing media and so little left wing media. If left wing media was actually somewhat existent in the US, maybe it'd be overrun with complete morons too, I dunno.

What we often forget is that "Convince people to vote Republican" is not what they're actually getting paid to do, if that was the job they'd be replaced with someone better and more shameless by now. What they're getting paid to do is polish Robert Mercer's boots with their tongues. They're good at reading the scripts put in front of them and not much else is expected of them

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I mean White Dragon isn't exactly The Joker or Lex Luthor but he's been a part of DC comics for a while and showed up in a few well known story arcs, most notably as a recurring Suicide Squad antagonist. How do these guys get to call themselves nerds if they fail to recognize characters like that?

I know why, we all know why

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Twelve by Pies posted:

If Putin never would have invaded Ukraine if Trump was president, and it's actually a good thing that Putin did it, then doesn't that mean it's good that Biden won instead of Trump?

Any answer would require more ideological, spiritual, intellectual and personal consistency than anyone who currently works in Right Wing Media

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Twelve by Pies posted:

Apparently the latest anti-vaxx conspiracy is that people who got the vaccine are testing positive for HIV.

KF covered this a few weeks back. Apparently 2021 was the first year a majority of new HIV cases emerged among heterosexual couples in the UK. This means chud media have to re-arrange their ideas of AIDS being the punishment of a wrathful God around something else.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

VitalSigns posted:

I imagine it would be more like Reagan/Bush's attitude to Saddam. They loving loved him for being an authoritarian dictator who killed commies and caused problems for our enemies, but the second he hosed with America's geopolitical interests he became "Hitler reborn" and oh we've always hated that guy.

And Noriega, don't forget him

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

"Have you ever wondered why this thing we keep insisting happens never actually happens? Well it's all because this one guy wants to destroy western civilization"

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Twelve by Pies posted:

So question semi-related to right wing media. I know Glenn Beck is an idiot and grifter and for years has been predicting the downfall of society so he can shill those MREs. I'm not worried about a complete Mad Max style apocalypse like he's claiming will happen, so no worries there. But I have seen that Ukraine is the source of 10% of the world's grain, or something like that? And combined with climate change and the already existing supply chain issues, I have to ask: how likely is it that we here in the US are going to experience some problems with food supply?

Absolutely not, in fact if anything we're gonna be the ones to fix the grain shortages in affected countries and gain a lot of soft power in the process

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

bird food bathtub posted:

America could very much un-gently caress food supply issues if dumb poo poo like so much of our corn
going in to making ethanol wasn't happening and a ton of other stuff like that. Outside of extremely acute circumstances the problem with food supply is basically never the lack of food it's the lack of profit when letting people die of starvation makes more money.

And yeah this, I'm being very optimistic in implying the possibility that infamous supervillain corporation Monsanto would do anything to help with food shortages a continent over even when heavily incentivized

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

greazeball posted:

ugh what have you done that forced cps to actually get involved in loving Idaho

After some googling of the case it appears they weren't feeding him and he had to be rushed to a hospital for medical complications relating to malnourishment

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Panfilo posted:

-Finally, it is just one of many fascist boogeymen in that pedophiles are dangerous because they are a threat to children, yet they are craven and weak and so must be confronted directly. Note that no conservative worries about being overpowered or victimized by a pedophile in the same manner as their children might be.

This logic is also demonstrated by right-wingers talking about defending themselves/their property. Wherein they are the only ones with the moral fortitude and mental acuity to buy a gun and shoot at paper targets on the weekends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

"My secretary ate my homework" is a hell of an excuse for escaping a treason charge