Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

FlamingLiberal posted:

This was basically a live murder

i can't stand ben shapiro at my most level of times but some days i can't stand him beyond the capacity constraints of my slender frame

He's pulled me into the latter category most recently for his "do curiously note how none of them said they would ban ~crime~" tweet

i thought it out, and figured that what gets me the most about him is that he's supposed to be the Intellectual Vanguard of conservatism even though the summary of his great works is that we watch him light his own nutsack on fire live on social media weekly and then keep watching as he tries to put it out with a staple gun, and yet without fail at any given time all he has to do is write a book called something like "liberals, satan hitler? facts word inside" and he makes enough to buy out the entire building i live in overnight.

Like with the latest crop of populist figureheads, the right wing grift creates an artificial elevation of these people to the highest total exposure of anyone in world history and i hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

FilthyImp posted:

It does suck that he gets the unearned credit but at least you can rest easy knowing the little oval office relies 100% on his dad's astroturfing to be legit and is likely miserable because all he wants to do in life is mechanically play violin.

i am glad to hear he is probably miserable, but i prefer not to associate him with any gendered slurs.

(especially after his profoundly bizarre vendetta against the musical celebration of various wettened anatomy)

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Hollandia posted:

Right Wing Media: liberals, satan hitler? facts word inside

[watches a mod change the thread to that title]

[watches that mod purchase the building i live in outright tomorrow]

i sWEAR TO GOD

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

I don't know if I'm really up to actually trying to read a book he actually wrote long enough to really understand that it's as bad as you all say, but I would participate in a Drunk History style reading of the most unintentionally hilarious passages

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

FlamingLiberal posted:

That’s pretty much the Behind the Bastards podcast episodes on the book

[sighs, installs spotify or whatever]

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

ah, an admirable step forward from the midcentury "society isn't real, checkmate altruists" act by notably more successful or even original sociopath ayn rand

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

That sort of inspires an interesting question: where's the literally most pro-trump neighborhood/housing community/zip code in all of america, and what's it look like on google maps

and what's the most anti-trump place look like

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

I'm having some fun poking through Miami TX right now and there's two things that jump out to me

1. gently caress that's a lot of midcentury brick
2. i grew up in the glorious, tree-and-sun choked mountains and places like these always feel a bit dystopically flat and bland to me even when perfectly normal to others, but this place more so than usual
3. so much midcentury brick
4. i live in new england now and i am always impressed with how vintage asphalt can get in the parts of the country that rarely or never have snow. like their main street has blacktop which has aged into a sandy clay color. or do they just use a different mix? idk
4. brick in every brown over hyer
4 1/2. one church to every 7 homes or sommat

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Critical Race Theory got thrown up on the wall as part of a ceaseless staccato beat of poo poo they're desperately trying to get stick

we're gonna watch them suck that poo poo dry like a bunch of relevance vampires, but we have to remember it only seems like big time stuff compared to the pathetically, fully desperate energy of poo poo like "cancel culture is cancelling dr. seuss" and "biden is banning meat" and whatever the last ten bullshit things they flung up were

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

i remember liking Glenn, then i remember that day i read something of his and i was like "This feels ... off, exactly what happened here"

then i remember reading something Glenn wrote a while after that and feeling like i must have hallucinated that Glenn was the left wing activist source i thought he was and i absolutely MUST have been thinking of someone else who wasn't this contrarian weirdo crank

now i read practically anything he writes and i'm just like just give him a fox news show with Tulsi Gabbard already, this is obviously where it's going

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

i know you Don't Gotta Give It To the NSA but if they are spying on someone like tucker directly it usually has to do with weird criminal conspiracies and he has to play the "how dare you investigate me" playbook

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Right Wing Watch has to be one of the more dramatically voluminous sites on youtube, with a substantial audience to boot

the idea that it can be triggered into a sort of automated permanent deletion through runaway algorithmic systems that produce additionally automated rejections of appeals

and nobody at youtube was even going to do anything about it before it exploded on other social media

well, that's a thing

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

bannon, in this analogy are you the flailingly bureaucratic deep state of the weimar republic or are you the self-styled radical populist outsiders with reactionary revolutionist overtones and a reliable tendency to agitate for overthrow of the current system in favor of your own brand of nativist nationalism? bannon i need you to think about this extremely loving hard, like put all your remaining brain cells to work on this one,

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

hearing that it's mostly old fuckers certainly makes me feel a bit better about it

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Dr Christmas posted:

I just got a YouTube recommendation for a what appears to be a cartoon on Babylon Bee’s official channel, titled “This monster kills you if it hears you… say an opinion it doesn’t like.” The thumbnail is two people menaced by A Quiet Place monster with a pink wig, horn-rimmed glasses, and a tank top with a rainbow on it.

:suicide:

wow a rare hit from the garbo wienerlords. look, see, the people who think weird non-cishets standing up for their rights visibly are terrifying sjw monsters. ha ha lmao lol?! god the fuckin height of comedy over here

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

i hold here in my hand the approved list of statues. they are as follows

- dinosaurs
- bob ross
- mr. rogers
- The Exile from KOTOR II (canonically woman)
- mary seacole
- alexandria ocasio cortez's feet, in 3D-mapped high resolution detai

my absolute apologies, please excuse me, disregard that last one. can security do a sweep of my office again and find out how ben shapiro gets in there

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Is gutfield the one who argues that because ivy league women won't date conservatives, it proves that they represent an ideology of autocratic despots who would burn the constitution? or am i getting my tarpit-brained epistemophobic mendacities confused again?

fake edit: oh poo poo right gutfield is the one with the lasagna and mondays

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

i've had partners with EDS

among its many unforgivable crimes as a hell disease is that it sucks so much i can't even feel easy mirth at crowder having it

crowder still fortunately has plenty of time to hopefully die of something much more schadenfreudy like getting fatally injured in a prank to own the libs for his channel

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I read this when the discussion came up in another thread. Don't skip this, it's amazing history. In the same thread Cessna goes into detail about tanks and industrial manufacturing thereof and how fascism can't help but poo poo the bed in every aspect of life.

the problem with fascism is that it shits everyone's beds. it has all the power in the world to get bedshitters into positions of authority and then they go and do what they do

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You're slapfighting on the internet because someone's anti-chud take is slightly different from yours, not confronting bigotry

this is a black hole i often feel the immense mental pull of

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

that's fascinating. thanks. it's amazing to notice the comorbidities to poo poo like that and Rightward Drift™

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

je1 healthcare posted:

Wasn't Coulter a never-Trumper?

coulter has some degrees of consistency in terms of what she will ideologically put out for ... but is, at heart, an opportunistic shill

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Casimir Radon posted:

Edit: Ok, turns out that was Jimmy Fallon, and not nearly as funny as I remember it.

just redo it with Ted Lasso and it's funny again

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

PhazonLink posted:

fwiw, there's some bird popular posts saying that "Rogan is the Gwyneth Paltrow/Oprah of men"

to escalate to the truly Goop level, gonna need a little work and some more merchandising grift, but he's in a position for it

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Lotta fuckin mormons in that rent-a-riot van

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Oh good we can once again have xannie russian coma bender guy mainline some steak puree and tell us to wash our rooms or feminism chaos dragons will vore us. Thank u musk you save twitter

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Prager's bullshit is still blowing my mind because it's entirely on the cusp of understanding something that it absolutely must refuse. He's incensed by the constant influx of his followers explaining that their political views cause their grown offspring to stop voluntarily associating with them, and he has to find some way that this is intolerance and that for some reason old bigoted fucks are entitled to the gracious presence of their family

And to do this he must completely erase any professed knowledge of any circumstance where conservatives estranged their liberal children, despite the part where they hold a virtual monopoly on epidemic estrangement of children who come out as lgbt

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

James O'Keefe... that name takes me back. Back to the panty stealing rape barn & dildo boat thing

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Why is crowder so sweaty these days. Like in a literal sense just somewhat under siege by moistness

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

AtomikKrab posted:

Crowder I think has some legitimate health problems, like things that can actually kill him that are also not even faults of his lifestyle or other choices, just genetic bombs he has.

Be real curious to find out which one of them is making him sweat harder than papa john. Expecting it just turns out he got unhinged enough to get a new habit but still

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Is PragerU having, like, that moment where they trip and all their pocket spaghetti comes pouring out

Because some of these video titles are wild

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Mr Interweb posted:

anyway, in other news, the Fresh and Fit podcast got permanently demonitized on youtube and Myron (Fit) was so devastated he literally left his studio crying (in his underwear) while still filming :lmao:

Watched those two dusty "monster energy drink presents: Bro Hotep" miami coke fiends go after aba and preach, probably with the all attention is good attention mentality, figuring a youtube beef was going to get eyes on their channel and keep the growth going. Or who loving knows maybe they were just hosed off their face on toot toot and thought they were invincible

either way this turned out to be one of the dumbest moves in the history of social media because a&p are both professional comedians who know how to work on their feet and pick apart their critics at a submolecular level and good goddamn they got busy

Best individual portion is that f&f were like WE'RE GONNA FIGHT U, BRING IT and etienne is sporting a boxy loving haitian build and pro experience that would have deleted either of them. They reverse course on that so hard it changed time like in superman

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Mr Interweb posted:

what's great is that even after those two had that racist meltdown, yt still didn't THAT was worth punishing them over :fuckoff:

btw did Aba and Preach ever respond to them after that?

Aba and preach kept tabs on them from then on out for sure and it was

uh

It was interesting

Like because a&p were surgeons in identifying the parts where "red pill manosphere" poo poo had made them fragile homophobes, and this sort circuited their brains completely and had them hootin and hollerin and jumping around like orangutans in an unintended parody of their own racial self loathing

This video in particular is like a forensic analysis of manosphere poo poo. Their brains broke. Absolutely majestic. One hundred percent the energy of a post you can respond to with "nice meltdown".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t26bgsjW01Y

Also sorta evidence to me that they're cocaine based lifeforms at this point but you know

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

predicto posted:

Wait until you appreciate some Master Shake…. Err Mark Levin

America is thirty or forty years old and does NOT deserve this, carlson

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Hoo boy I bet he'll be super embarrassed by this hypocrisy!

hypocrisy ... their secret weak point, you catch them on that and they explode into pixie dust, never to do harm again

works like a charm, u catch them and go "you claim to be about america liberty freedom, but you want to put all minority in forever jail. four pinnochios." and their reign of terror is over

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Aztec Galactus posted:

He's basically a dollar store OJ

Gon suit up, sit back, and watch him zimmerman into the "erratic behavior and DV" phase of his life

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

OgNar posted:

Cant wait to hear this one.

guarantee you that stone is a 100% cooked unit while lusting this sentence out

like it will be obvious over audio that the man is gurning so hard that his brain makes sounds like grinding teeth

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

DarklyDreaming posted:

Naturally we'll be hearing about this nonstop for the next few months

Listen up guy, I'm a need to see the long form notary

/

The Artificial Kid posted:

I’d bet that if you asked Mike Judge why public discourse is so poo poo you’d hear something about the erosion of education and the role of the wealthy in perverting the media. But a dickhead on an ATV impaling his balls, and a sad couple progressively explaining why they can’t reproduce yet as they age and die, is funnier than a montage of money flowing through every tiny crack in the edifice of society and government.

This is all true and is part of the reason why it fucks with me when people say that Idiocracy was a 'documentary' or 'prophecy of the future' for literally any reason other than the part where the costume designer ordered a bunch of obscure shoes for the cast to wear, because these shoes were cheap poo poo from a startup and she was certain they were too ugly and stupid to catch on, and today those formerly unknown shoes are the official footwear of overworked americans

Staluigi fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 14, 2024

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

the poo poo i love the most about how trump having to be on trial really exposes how much privilege was baked into the system for people like him? watching trump obviously stress-test the limits on what it will let him get away with that would get normal people jailed in seconds. like here he is on a progressively stronger round 17 of ~oh won't anyone rid me of these meddlesome judges~ teasing around just 100% ordering a hit on Engoron and Kaplan on truth social right out in the open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Killer robot posted:

See also "classic cyberpunk is so prophetic!" when classic cyberpunk was almost entirely either things that existed in the 1980s, things that 1980s mainstream sources would tell you were right around the corner, and things that have aged as badly as older sci-fi heroes exploring the jungles of Venus.

yeah classic cyberpunk was 100% from the minds of an age where the telly was full of people having total meltdowns about the japanese tech takeover eclipsing US industry because of the sheer audacity of selling products like video players and cars that, how you say, "actually work"

and they were like ok we need to extrapolate our fears to, ummm, the distant future year of 2010 where we are installing the vcr's into our brains