Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

That is an excellent OP. Also, it should be noted that the existing metatag is full but you can still add it as a friend and see the first 99 who friended it.

I may go through and prune those who haven't logged on in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Only thing that sucks with using 2 of the same weapon type is you chew through your SMG ammo twice as fast.

Yeah I really wish they had made it so that if you have the same weapon type in each hand, you regenerate ammo twice as quickly.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

I'm thinking a top tier skill that causes him to deal additional explosive damage on any shot.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Having now played all four base game classes to 50, I think I can honestly say that Death Blossom is the best ultimate skill in the game, with Many Must Fall a somewhat distant second. Unfortunately, gunzerking is far and away the most useful skill in the entire game for a litany of reasons, chief among them being the fact that its usefulness scales with your gear.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Xidus posted:

I inadvertently got converge to drop enemies into lava pits (in Hyperion Slaughter Dome). Now I want to do that all the time everywhere :(

I basically beat Jedi Academy by using Force Grip that way.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Yeah if you stand in the blast radius of your own grenade it's pretty likely that you will die.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Russad posted:

Are you at least level 15? I don't believe you can access it before then.

My Mechromancer can at 9.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Borderlands 2 Xbox 360 metatag has been cleaned up a little, deleted the people who hadn't been online in a month and accepted some remaining friend requests. There are about 6 open spots still.

GoonsPlayingBL2

(61/100)

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Borderlands 1's story is pretty barebones and serves mostly to facilitate the gameplay. You don't have the constant interaction with NPCs that you do in 2 until the General Knoxx DLC.

Story takes a much more central role in Borderlands 2 (enough that when a 3 is made, I will most definitely advise people to play 2 first), but the story in 2 does seem to assume you've played 1, and like the poster above me, I hate playing sequels first anyway.

Dross fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 9, 2012

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

thebardyspoon posted:

If I blazed through Borderlands 1 (which will still take a long time) I'd be heartily sick of that style of game for a few months. I'd just jump into 2 personally.

Conversely, I played 1 for a month immediately before 2's release even though I'd beaten it previously, just to hype myself up for 2, but a new player might not feel that level of attachment to the idea.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

TheReverend posted:

So I'm playing the Torgue DLC after playing the Scarlet one and I feel way overleveled at level 37.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm not even grinding or farming or anything!

If you're still in Playthrough 1, I'm pretty sure it stops scaling around the mid-30s.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

I guess they're saving this General Knoxx-quality DLC that they were talking about before the game released for last, or post-season-pass continued moneygrabbing.

The first two DLC packs have advanced neither the story nor my gear and this one sounds poised to do the same.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

What is the amp damage range of the post-nerf Bee?

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Dr.Smasher posted:

It's not that bad, really. I downloaded the patch today and there doesn't seem to be an amplify shield deficit, so you can still blast away with the amp bonus. It does spread the amp damage across multiple pellets, so the conference call/maggie/etc all take a hit. It also takes away the amp bonus for Tediore reloads, the bullets in the magazine remaining don't have the amp bonus like they used to, so now Hyperius will be a complete pain in the rear end unless you bust out the Evil Smasher glitch (which I have yet to successfully pull off, I suck at it apparently).

The question was, how much amp damage does it have?

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Randy Pitchford posted:

We are working on a big add-on/expansion for next year with deeper progression. I will share details and timing as we settle in with them.

I am betting that that will not be covered by my Season Pass. Which I would not have bought if I had known that the DLC it covered would provide neither improved loot over the core game nor any meaningful story progression. Where's my General-Knoxx-quality DLC you promised me, Randy? Big bosses are great but I would be a lot more motivated to kill them if they had worthwhile rewards.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Xguard86 posted:

This is all speculation, the progression level stuff may be part of the season pass.

Confirmed that there won't be progression in Hammerlock's DLC, so they have exactly one SP-covered DLC left to do it in, which is one less instance of level-cap-raising than the first game had.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Minorities posted:

Yeah the 4th and final Season Pass DLC will most likely be the Knoxx-equivalent that will raise the level cap and be a lot bigger than the previous 3.

That's speculation of course but that's how it worked in BL1 and it would make perfect sense to repeat that pattern for BL2.

Knoxx was the third DLC. Claptrap was the fourth, and the level cap was raised first to 61 by Knoxx and then to 69 for Claptrap. Current DLC with its lack of meaningful story progression and loot improvement feels more like Dr. Ned than Knoxx.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

abaddonis posted:

It's bad enough the drop rate of legendaries is loving terrible.

I swear it's like people don't even understand the concept or point of loot rarity.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

I just want more than one not-farmed legendary drop per playthrough. Is that too much to ask? I do like how they attached certain legendaries to certain boss enemies this go-around, though.

"I just want rarer-than-rarer-than-rare stuff to drop commonly."

I feel that the mistake made by the developers was not in the drop rate of legendaries, but in balancing the game's difficulty so that they are needed. Legendaries are supposed to be a bonus with neat effects. I feel like one should be able to expect to progress well if outfitted in purples.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Well that's my point, purples are common at level 50 but by that point they're insufficient. The thing is that new bosses are a gear check but there's no NEW reward for killing them. Typically in MMOs and dungeon crawlers, loot progression goes something like

Level up -> collect base level gear from quests/world drops -> kill easy bosses -> improve gear -> kill harder bosses that require that improved gear -> get even better gear -> repeat last two steps until developers stop releasing new content.

Borderlands 2 goes like this:

Level up -> farm incidental NPCs for a specific set of best in slot gear -> kill bosses -> no tangible reward.

This is why I've been so bitterly disappointed by the DLC, it's all side stories with no main storyline relevance AND the loot from the superbosses isn't better than the base game's.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

gooby on rails posted:

Does it make drops of any kind more frequent, or just reroll drops that would have happened anyway?

It makes any loot that does drop 5% less likely to be white.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

HAmbONE posted:

My friend and I were debating this when we played. I guess in this day and age I could just have googled it for a straight answer right away. So it doesn't affect chances for oranges, purple, and blue? I was under the impression that it was horrible but still better then nothing; As in an orange with a 0.5% chance of dropping would now have a 0.55% chance of dropping.

I have an infinity pistol that was given to me, I might as well pass it along. It's lvl 50, no elemental, decent accuracy and I think 9.5k dmg/shot

Somewhere deep back in this thread is an actual explanation of the math, but what it came down to is that it mostly means more greens, but even that at a negligible rate.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

delpheye posted:

use the ES glitch and you can. unfortunately you'll get zero anarchy stacks because you never reload so it makes it somewhat moot.

That's not how Anarchy works...?

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Blotto Battalion posted:

Don't forget kills also get you stacks, it isn't just the reloads. In fact, the infinity guarantees you'll never accidentally reload so you can spend that discord point elsewhere if you want.

Yeah that's what I was going to say, you can still get stacks.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

How often do you guys seriously need more than about 15 different pieces of equipment? The vast majority of high level equipment in this game is novelty loot that is terrible in terms of actual gameplay.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

edit: I was misinformed

Dross fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 6, 2013

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Percent20edOut posted:

Are you talking about the Borderlands 2 Add On Content Pack? Because that's just a disc version of Captain Scarlett, Mr Torgue, Mechromancer, and a few other things tied together.

Whoops. You're right.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Kifisonfire posted:

The level cap for the first game was increased by a patch, which is what I imagine they will do here. I doubt you'll be required to have DLC to gain levels.

The first level cap raise was part of General Knoxx, which is why there's a "61" in the logo.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

I want a ringtone of the psycho Hamlet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Captain McStabbin posted:

Yeah, thankfully someone ripped the file and put it on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eUK5zBHzsA

This is great but does not help me put it on my phone :smith:

• Locked thread