Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Mikael Kreoss posted:

Gaige is the best character.
This is the correct answer and if you don't farm up 600 stacks before venturing into Pandora then you're playing her wrong.

EDIT: Oh yeah if anyone has a purple Bullet Witch mod for Maya then I'll trade it for a level 50 legendary. I'm not that into her legendary and have an idea for a class setup I want to try out with her.

Kifisonfire fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

So I found a video of unused sound effects for a Torgue vending machine. Needless to say I hope they get added into the DLC because holy poo poo they own as much as their guns do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_sy4tXtjjY

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The Rokstar posted:

Random question - where are some good places to run a lot of quick chests? I feel like compulsively looting for a while.

Bugsy posted:

The Fridge has a pretty quick run with a normal green chest, a green dahl, and a red dahl on one side of the area. You just have to figure out which one of the 3 switches kills the power.

And a longer run with a lot more rats then ends at Rahkman. I cant remember how many chests are there total, but there should 2-3 more than the other area.

Or could just run the arid badlands for the 2 red chests which should take 5-6 minutes total along with killing Bonehead.
Arid Badlands was my choice for chest farming. One on top of the grenade store, one in Zed's after sniping the electrical fuse and one on the building by Saturn.

The Wildlife has a nice run too, especially if you have the Natural Selection Nexus. There's 2 vertical yellow chests and 1 big red chest, and another red chest if you head back to the docks with the big crane.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Marogareh posted:

It was posted a few pages ago but here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gcMGXaLWXQ&feature=related

It's a bit finicky but once you get it you can do it all the time.
I found an easier spot to use as a reference point once you reach the hard part. I pretty much just recorded this so it's kind of messy, but I'll try to explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv9Fx7wQ62I

Once you reach the invisible walls, turn to your right and on the wall you can see four blocks in a diamond. On the upper most block, there's a line splitting the light and darker side of the block. Aim there, hold back and jump. Eventually you'll hit that sweet bounce jump (Around 1:48 in the video, you'll know it when you see it). Let go of the analog stick and keep jumping until you don't get any higher.

Like Marogareh said, it can be extremely fiddly. Sometimes I'll get it on my first jump, others it will take a few minutes. The rest is fairly straight forward though, just be careful not to clip into the wrong rock as you can get stuck.

In a few runs tonight I found a scoped Maggie, a WTF shield, a nice purple cooldown relic and a few purple class mods. Nothing else has popped out at me, but I'm sure a full party would mean better drops in there.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Splits posted:

Anyone free to help me boost my mechromancer to 50? I had a hard drive crash wipe my characters and gear.

Xbox: bunnysplits
I can help, just give me a minute to respec.

GT: FREE SHRUGS

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Splits posted:

My girlfriend is half-way through a movie. I didn't realize. Can we do it in 45?
Yeah no worries.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Spergminer posted:

I've been farming Jimmy Jenkins for hours and at this point I would rather start a new Maya to get the 100 phaselock trophy and then join as my PT2 Zer0 later during the Doctors Orders quest. Would Zer0 get the badass challenge for killing Jimmy Jenkins or would Maya get it, since her playthrough will be hosting the game?
Maya would get it since all the challenges would be reset for a new character. Your best bet is to find a goon who hasn't finished Doctor's Quest and join their game with Maya, then hope he shows up.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

DominusDeus posted:

I have four flavors of Conference Call; fire, shock, corrosion, and slag. Is there an explosion one? Would love to add a nice level 50 one to my arsenal.

Also, are there any Unending Infinities with ridiculous fire rates? Mine is 8.0, though a siren I was playing online with last week had one that seemed to be firing three times faster than mine. Never got to see the stats for it, nor am I familiar with the siren character skill trees/mods/relics.

[edit] Also, an idea for a relic, perhaps. Equipped, it gives your more backpack space. Un-equiping or dropping it when your backpack is full will cause random items to drop to reduce the backpack to normal capacity. Put it in your bank, it turns it into a twink bank. You know... so you can twink items between your characters. [/edit]
Probably won't be an explosive CC since it's not Torgue but holy poo poo. I knew fire and shock CC's exist, but I had no idea a slag CC does.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Jervas Dudley posted:

Anyone have any tips for PT2 crystalisks? I'm playing as Gaige and I ran out of ammo (mostly) critical hitting a crystalisk with a sniper rifle and only broke one leg. Deathtrap is useless against them. I don't think I've killed one on this playthrough, I just run past them. Nothing else gives me this kind of trouble.

My Extra Large Deliverance was a joy. It went:
"Alright! Legendary Tediore shotgun!"
"Haha, it flies! That's neat."
"It homes in on enemies! Holy poo poo!"
"IT HOMES IN ON ENEMIES AND FIRES AT THEM BEFORE KAMIKAZING! I AM IN LOVE!:swoon:"
I think this is everyone's first experience with the deliverance. It's just fun to stand in front of a crowd of Rakk and let loose those flying shotguns.

As for crystalisks, try to get a bladed weapon since they can still one-shot the feet.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Marogareh posted:

Unkempt Harold is no joke :stare:. The treasure glitch is pretty much the best place to get unspecific legendaries. I've gotten a legendary mechro mod, shredifier, maggie, gub, veruc, whisky tango foxtrot, bonus package, hornet, invader, volcano and unkempt harold. Hell I'll probably get the god damned infinity in here than that loving rear end in a top hat with the titan grip on it.
What's the legendary Mechro mod like? I've been dying to see one of those just to see if it's any better than Terra.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Two questions: Does a shock resistant Bee even exist, or is it just corrosive, fire and explosive? Also does anyone have a shock elemental CC they want to dupe/trade? I've got a corrosive CC if you want to trade that even.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

KidKrampus posted:

I have a shock resistant Bee and I believe I also have a shock CC. Feel free to add me and I can hook you up, especially if you're willing to hook me up with the explosive bee.
e: also, I probably wont be on until sometime in the afternoon West coast time, but offer stands if you catch me online.

Also, Hyperius is stupidly powerful. I respecced my Siren to be a healer in hopes that between sniping people at a distance and healing them with my phase lock I can maybe keep 3 people alive long enough to beat his stupid rear end.
drat. I've got a fire Bee, but I've got other legendaries if you're looking for anything else.

I've added you on XBL, my GT is FREE SHRUGS

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Basically it's loving awesome loot without having to kill a boss or reset your system clock or whatever. All the skull lock chests (seven total counting the underground one) have guaranteed blue or better loot. Give that poo poo a whirl.
My haul from the DLC chest room:

A WTF
A Maggie
An Invader
A Slagga
A Madhous (Really happy about that considering the legit drop is glitched)
A Nasty Surprise
A Fire Bee
A Bonus Package
A Legendary Siren mod

It's not even funny the good stuff you can find in there.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Can you (or are you willing) to dupe the fire bee? Or is it a bee shield resistant to fire? Fire Bee is the name of a legendary grenade mod as well.
It's the grenade mod I've got, and yes I'd be willing to do that.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Wait do you have the 360 version or PS3 version? Also do you need any specific legendaries? I may or may not have one.
I'm on the 360. Right now the only legendary I'm looking for is a shock CC, but I'm just farming for whatever at the moment.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

TheTofuShop posted:

Any reports if the latest patch fixes the DLC Treasure Room Glitch?
Nope, done it a few times today. Got myself a legendary soldier class mod too.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

strangemusic posted:

Christ alive, why did no one tell me that Wreck is the best Siren skill? The damage. THE DAMAGE IS TOO MUCH. And it applies to Tediore reload hits as far as I can tell.... which creates some insane freaking one-shot potential.

(disclaimer: blue Scheming Cat class mod with +4 Wreck, +3 Accelerate kind of influencing this observation)
Because Kinetic Reflection is the best Siren skill :colbert:

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The Babymaker isn't quest loot either.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

OBi posted:

No. Using the Evil Smasher glitch, the Bee, and a shotgun I've seen 2.5 million damage crit shots. It really is the best glitch. If you keep repeating the reload animation you sometimes get a buff with different multipliers, your damage/accuracy/firing rate can get a bit insane.
Evil Smasher glitch, Bee, Anarchy and the CC is the best. It makes me annoyed that Borderlands doesn't have blood effects, since that would just paint the level red.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Arrath posted:

PC got a patch today http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22126761-pc-update-information

The Bee is nerfed and Flesh stick leveling fixed.

Get your power leveling in while you can, I imagine a similar patch is working its way through microsoft certification.
Also worth pointing out:

quote:

Increased the health of Terramorphous, Willhelm, and Blue
If you guys want your achievement for beating Terra, I'd get it done quick.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

abaddonis posted:

It is also worth noting that they didn't fix the treasure room glitch.
Actually yeah this is the best thing. Maybe they'll keep it like the armory glitch?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Draile posted:

It sounds like this patch takes the least fun part of the game, endgame grinding for gear, and makes it even less fun. Okay, I can live with that, because it will encourage me to move on to another game rather than slog through killing Doc Mercy another 200 times.
I understand it from a certain perspective. There's an entire game to play and if people are just going to use the win combo then what's the point in even farming legendaries? Plus with future DLC it means people might actually have to put effort into beating them instead of holding the right trigger with a Bee shield equipped.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

kalamaf posted:

I've got some oranges I can dump on the ground for ya if you're on now. All I need is to let my level 14 assassin follow you around a bit for some quick exp if you don't mind, trying to get him to 31 for the 10 second deception achievement and after playing a zerker since launch, I do not like this guy.
You can cheese that achievement by activating it and getting into the back seat of the bandit car and pressing A to switch seats over and over. Don't need a full tree at all, just level 5 to get the skill.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

kalamaf posted:

Sweet! I'm gonna go do that right now, thanks!

edit: that didn't work, it counts down the time normal and fades out. back to the grind for me.

My last achievement is all sidequests in the DLC, anyone want to do Hyperious and Master Gee?
It does work, it's just a little temperamental. I know because I did it with a level 5 Zer0. The best way I found to do it was to press A to switch seats just as it switches back to first person, so it doesn't have time to change. It's a little annoying, but 10 minutes of that is better than hours grinding to level 30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yob20mKu9eg

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Vicissitude posted:

How do I get into the creature slaughter dome? I've got the preorder, since I'm playing my mecromancer, but I don't have a quest to get in there. I also read on the BL wiki that I need a key or something, but I dunno how accurate that is.
It's in the Wildlife Preserve. Once you get in the building after Timon and Pumbaa, turn to your right to find 2 vending machines and a new entrance.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The Rokstar posted:

It's also a Gamestop exclusive IIRC.
The reward isn't that good anyway. It's good in FFYL I suppose, but that's it.

By the way if you want to see the heads you'll get from beating the Torque DLC, they've already leaked. With these and the Motorhead achievement being part of it, I'm hoping we get motorbikes.

Axton - Chopper Topper
Salvador - Nutz And Boltz
Zer0 - d00med
Maya - Pretty In Punk
Gaige - Grease Monkey

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

If you want to spoil some of the surprise of Torgue, here's some of the leaked quest rewards and new loot

Rewards:
http://i.imgur.com/a6zcy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Qgyen.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/crF40.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rDBJn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aUpNw.jpg

Seraph:
http://i.imgur.com/dseQr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DOSgk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gPML0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dHEWv.jpg That shield capacity :stare:
http://i.imgur.com/Fvxiw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gcf3V.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/L8UA9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bTjXi.jpg

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

Man why'd they have to add more seraph weapons? That whole mechanic is just awful due to the ridiculous bosses.
Hopefully they'll add new raid bosses. Ideally they should just change it so that Terra drops crystals too.

But yeah it was implemented so badly. Not like any of the old seraph gear is worth having in the first place either.

I just want a Torgue SMG :(

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

The new pink ones aren't Seraph weapons. They're bought using special tokens dropped in the Torgue arena now.

The DLC is confirmed for November 20th as well.

EDIT: \/ Yeah it's silly. These things should just cost eridium (but more than the slot/ammo upgrades)
Getting a very Underdome feeling about that... Gearbox can't be that stupid right?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

The Torgue arena is also apparently a free for all where enemies will go after eachother. It should be interesting.
I want to see them recreate Gotcha! with Terra and Veri.

gently caress it just throw all the bosses in, I'll watch that.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Hey, so you know those guys and gals at 2K? They loving ROCK!

They've sent us a bunch of swag to give away for our 48 Borderlands 2 marathon.

Check this poo poo out!

Firstly, you guys are insane for doing this for 48 hours.

Just donated for the ULC raffle, although I'm not gonna lie, those Top Trumps looks awesome.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Ah Pook posted:

Love Thumper isn't really that great, last time I checked. The level 50 one I picked up only did 4-5k per nova and a decent Order can have around twice as much roid damage.
My Love Thumper's amp damage is higher than my Order even without factoring in the nova blast. It's loving insane. Besides, to properly get the most out of Order, you need Law. Which is cool but I like my melee-focused Gaige to use her claws instead.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

ShadowedFlames posted:

Has it been confirmed/denied yet that this new compatibility pack fixes the Flesh-Stick exploit?

Because if it has not been fixed, I have about 3 hours to give people boosts (or even possibly getting my alt character to 50).
You do realize that not downloading the compatibility pack means you won't be able to play with people, right?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Philip Rivers posted:

So exactly how viable is straight melee Zer0 on a scale from doable to ahahahaha no? I really just want to pinball around with his execute + skill refresh, though that strategy obviously isn't quite as viable versus strong single enemies like bosses and super badasses.
As someone who tried this, it sucks. I think I got to Doc Mercy before giving up. I think a Gaige melee run might be better instead, since you'll have Deathtrap to back you up and she can be specced for melee pretty well.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Tonight I've had 4 Ultimate Badass Varkids spawn but holy poo poo is it hard to keep one of them in combat for 2 minutes straight just to even attempt Vermivorous to spawn.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

jackofarcades posted:

Been trying this all day, try to spawn it in the caustic caverns and have it try to fight crystalisks. They can't kill the cyrtalisks.
First time in the caverns, got to another Ultimate along with 2 Baddasses fighting a crystalisk, but he decided to get stuck in an animation and not do much of anything.

I can't be bothered to do the 4 player glitch either on the remote chance that a Vermi might spawn and on another remote chance that he'll even drop anything good.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

smashpro1 posted:

Has there been any news about the third campaign DLC?
Yes there has

For anyone that does it, is the 4 player glitch even worth it? Does it increase legendary loot drops to the point where it's worth busting my arse back and forth?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

abaddonis posted:

4 player glitch? Are you just having 3 guests join and increase the drop rate?

Edit: if you are, I wonder if you could dupe the rare loot relic and have all 4 players equipping it
There's a glitch with the new Invincible bosses in the Scarlett DLC. If you even enter the arena (You don't even need to pay, just walk up to the gate and it should work), the game seems to think you have 4 players, even if you're solo. You'll know if it worked if you have full ammo and can hold X at an ammo crate to pick up more (The game prevents this in solo and just says FULL). So everything is scaled for 4 players, including theoretically loot drop rates.

I've been using it to try to farm Vermivorous lately and it's been working out, but here's still a bitch to spawn on his last form. But I'm wondering if it affects things like Terra and Warrior drops, the treasure room loot and any general bosses.

By the way, Terra is actually a challenge this way. I've died on him plenty of times this way even with the Bee/CC combo.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

abaddonis posted:

How do you activate the glitch?

Edit: I don't think having multiple players affects treasure room loot, although I don't have much experience with multiple players in my session. I still turn on pub matches just in case anyone joins and I get lucky
Walk into either Hyperius' or Master Gee's gate. It should tell you you've entered their arena (For some reason it doesn't say it for Hyperius, but it still gives the same effect). Afterwards, fill up on ammo, then try to pick up more by holding X. If you can, then it's working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

abaddonis posted:

Interesting...

I haven't unlocked Master Gee yet, because I can't find enough/the right people to kill hyperius. Is Gee a pain in the rear end to get to like Hyperius is?
Gee's easier to get to than Hyperius, there's only crystalisk and skags inbetween.

• Locked thread