Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Schedule for upcoming golden key codes: http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/951/borderlands-2-golden-keys-incoming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Anybody set up for TVHM Flesh-Stick boosting on 360 wanna help me max out my Salvador? I'm at level 41, so it shouldn't take too long.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

ShadowedFlames posted:

Give me about 5 minutes to get my 360 fired up and my Siren loaded, if you haven't gotten help already. GT is same as my username here.

Thank you, sir.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Lowtax posted:

shmorky and I have both downloaded it, but it's not letting us access it or play it. Is some video or quest supposed to pop up when you first load a game after installing it? Nothing is happening.

It will pop up when you fast travel to the new location (Badass Crater of Badassitude).

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Does anybody on 360 have a level 50 Afterburner they'd be willing to dupe me?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

field balm posted:

Does the dlc lift the level cap? Me and my partner have been less and less motivated to play since hitting the cap, loads of quests that I can't be bothered doing if the most efficient thing to do is run past everyone.

Nope, cap is still 50.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Has there been any news about the third campaign DLC?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I don't suppose anyone on 360 has a level 55 Infinity they could dupe for me? :shobon:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

10 Beers posted:

I've got 2 level 50's. shock and flame.

I already have a 50, but I've kinda hit a wall at 55.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

delpheye posted:

What's the damage on the one you have? The ones at 61 are only 25-30k.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Seems like my kind of character.

"STRIP THE FLESH! SALT THE WOUND!" :black101:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Speedboat Jones posted:

Jeez, Krieg. Why are you so strong? Maybe it's just because it's level 61 against TVHM enemies, but almost a 2 million damage melee hit? Sick.

+50% melee damage when shields are gone from Empty the Rage.
+1.5% melee damage per stack of Salt the Wound (up to 20 stacks).
+250% melee damage from Silence the Voices.
+100% melee damage from Release the Beast.

Yeah, that's an insane amount of melee damage.

Imagine if he had a shield like Hide of Terramorphous.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Krieg's skill trees are online: http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/psycho-plus.html

And here is the build I'm gonna try for:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

haveblue posted:

The math multiplies the base chance, it's not addition. So if all your gear and badass ranks give you a 30% chance of elemental effect to start, a skill adding +100% brings you up to 60% and +200% brings you up to 90%.

So, you're saying that taking all of those skills in the Mania tree won't increase my melee damage by 430%?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Just a heads up, in just under an hour (4 PM Eastern/3 Central), 2K is doing a livestream all about Krieg.
http://www.twitch.tv/2k/

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

Haven't played this game all year and I'm in the mood to murder billions of dudes as Krieg later tonight or in the morning. What DLC should I grab and has anything major changed after the patches?

They added a third playthrough, which increases the level cap to 61.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Father Wendigo posted:

So is there a set time when we all hop on for KRIEG-geddon tomorrow, or is it a come as you will affair?

I will be online first thing in the morning.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I'm taking a bit of a break, but I've already got my Krieg up to level 4, with the XP bar about half-full. Soon, the rampage will begin! :black101:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

After giving it some thought, I've decided to revise my earlier planned build:

(I mainly changed it just so I could rampage longer.)

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

I don't seem to be getting any for either of those things.

I managed to get up to 60 during the assassins mission.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

It just wasn't going up for me at all, had it for about 2 hours and I didn't see the buff symbol come up once. Weird.

It seems that without taking the Boiling Blood skill, you lose the stacks just as quickly as you gain them.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

My favorite Krieg head, so far: DOUBLE SUPLEX TIME! It gives him a loving luchador mask!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Speedball posted:

Huh, I've died a bunch but don't seem to be dropping the grenade as advertised. Unless the explosion is so small I'm not seeing it.

Depends what what grenade mod you have equipped.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

Thanks to an errant comment by a friend, I will now forever imagine that Krieg is actually Dr. Krieger from Archer after being abandoned on Pandora.

*kills enemy while Rampaging* "YOUR AUTHORITY IS NOT RECOGNIZED IN FORT KICKASS!" :black101:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

jackofarcades posted:

Here's spunky, who you might know as the Brick master from BL1, using a Bloodlust/Mania set to death metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGNGpwlp4V4

THIS! This is the kind of poo poo why I wanted to play Krieg! :black101:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Kifisonfire posted:

There's a good idle conversation between his inner voice and regular voice about only killing the deserving. Krieg owns. I wish they'd add backstory to him and Gaige into the DLCs, even if it's just another echo challenge.

I'm pretty sure they have mentioned making a short movie about Krieg's backstory.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Thanks to tagging along with higher-level goons, I was able to skip most of TVHM with Krieg. Now, I've beaten it, and every enemy is 10 levels higher than me. :suicide:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Yeah the Psycho has a lot of weird melee interactions. He gets some sort of kind of noticeable melee damage bump per lvl up regardless of skill point allocation, and using a weapon with a melee attachment overrides it. At a high enough level you do less damage using a bladed weapon as you would without it.

Only if the melee bonus is 50%, guns like Law and Captain Blade's Rapier still do more damage.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Father Wendigo posted:

Could someone explain how most bladed weapons somehow make Krieg do less damage, but Law and the Rapier make him do more? Because I juat cannot wrap my head around this.

Most melee weapons give a 50% bonus, Law gives a 100% bonus, and the Rapier gives a 200% bonus.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

You know what's not fun? Having the friendly fire skill taken, and playing with a couple of dudes with Firehawk shields. :suicide:

Speedboat Jones posted:

Started in the Hellborn tree, but respecced as soon as I found a blue rarity Rage Sickle mod that buffs a few good skills in the Mania tree.

That sounds like something I might want.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Gamespot has a 40-minute preview video of the Tiny Tina DLC: http://www.gamespot.com/borderlands...review-6408882/

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

jackofarcades posted:

Unless I'm facing buzzards in which case I just die.

Buzzards can eat a bag of dicks.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Dr.Smasher posted:

If you want the excitement of big damage and not being able to hit anything, I recommend the Ordered Chaos tree (right most). Having 400 stacks of Anarchy is amazing.

Of course, investing in "Close Enough" from the Best Friends Forever tree helps compensate for your lack of accuracy.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Would anybody on 360 happen to have a level 50 corrosive Lady Fist they'd be willing to dupe for me?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Dr.Smasher posted:

I prefer using the axe to slice a guy's head in two and hearing 'GET STYLED UPON'

I prefer hearing that after killing a dude with a thrown axe.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Kifisonfire posted:

I can't wait until I level up enough for Bloodsplosion now. That combined with Release the Beast along with all my melee buffs is going to be awesome.

I just need to level up twice more. I'm so excited! :neckbeard:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I am Reverend posted:

Also I really hope that whoever designed the inevitable Dragon Keep raid boss is the same person that designed Pyro Pete and not somebody who decided on the dogshit mechanics for every other raid boss.

It's not the same person. Apparently, the other DLCs were outsourced, but Dragon's Keep is all Gearbox. And the raid boss is a whole bunch of dragons.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Anyone on 360 willing to dupe a level 61 Bee for me? I just do not have the patience for farming.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

ShadowedFlames posted:

So, gist of the PAX AUS conference:

Second level cap increase of 11 (max lv 72), $5

Imagine a level 72 Mania build Krieg.
The extent to which people will get styled upon...
Insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Anybody on 360 wanna help me beat the Peak on OP 7? This drat spidertank I need to beat before the boss keeps killing me.
GT: smashpro1

• Locked thread