Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Planet Moneygrubber is also a great one just for Lemon's rendition of GAMER'S HIP CLIP and Jimmyfrank's Red WTF and Blue (the WTF stands for WHAT THE FUUUCK)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Another good one is The Private Life of Sinead O'Connor, because it weirds them out in ways Adult Babies and dragon dildos couldn't.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

A sexy submarine posted:

I love this podcast, I always listen to it at the gym. Not a good idea, cause I once dropped the bar during bench presses from trying not to laugh too hard at that one Garfield fanfiction you guys read. By the way how many of the reders are goons?

Only Isfahan (Squint) and Bunnybread that we know of. John always struck me as a goon, but apparently he isn't.
The worst part of being unemployed/working 5 minutes away from home is that I usually listened to the podcast on my morning drive, so now I tend to fall behind.

Kangra posted:

My favorite so far is the creepypasta one. (I don't have the number, but it is title is "The Episode is Coming From Inside Your House!" from February of 2012). The voice acting on the Barney story is simply amazing, especially the dad. He plays it so straight and so well that it doesn't feel like a poorly-written story but an actual radio comedy piece.

Jimmyfranks is legit the reincarnation of a 1950's radio announcer. Guy's got some serious chops.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
New episode dealing with body mods people

Say, are there any plans for an F Plus Live 3? I love the interaction you guys create with the audience, and I really need to witness Lemon's Craft Corner.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Thing is, there are motors that could help people like these.
NASA prefers to use them on their space shuttles, though.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I gotta say, episodes where the readers are loving furious at the content they are reading are by far the best type of episodes. You can taste Lemon, Jimmyfranks, and Portaxx's anger.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Squint posted:

Victor works in medicine, which is why he was specifically tapped to be in on the fatty episode and the mothering one too, since there was plenty of people being Wrong About Medicine in both. He's such a mild-mannered person, however, that he just gets sad and depressed instead of angry.

Honestly, I'm surprised he still answers your emails after Sissykiss.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
You know, there was a time I considered compiling some of the worst MLP stuff I could find and send it to you guys, but I decided not to because I thought exposing the readers to that kinda stuff was too cruel (and besides I'd have to trawl the internet looking for MLP poo poo and gently caress that).
Holy poo poo.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Bunnybread posted:

Yeah, have fun with that one. I was recovering from illness and already feeling a little nauseous before recording. The initial parts were tolerable, but the incredible magnitude of grossness eventually wore on me. I really just had to keep my head down, later, and try not to think about what we were reading. I have no idea how we got through the whole thing without anyone quitting or vomiting.

Plus, our brave little Acier did the editing on it. He has listened through that monstrosity several times.

God bless him. He is a true man.

On the plus side if you still have fangirls after this, they've been tempered in the fires of hell and will follow you to the ends of the Earth.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
You know, for asexual people, there sure was a lot of face loving and general loving going on in those stories.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I have no idea why, but this episode's made me laugh the most out of any other previous episodes. Just goes to show that monkeys make EVERYHING funnier.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

This was the first episode I've heard and I was almost crying with laughter on my commute yesterday at the woman who seemingly posted her credit card info on a message board TWICE and *shocker* got scammed.

Such a great podcast, keep it up guys.

For me it was when they started going on about Back Alley Dave, until I realized that this stupid, stupid, insanely stupid and crazy lady essentially mutilated a defenseless animal because it would not stop acting like a (very scared) animal.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

If you're slow like me, I solved it by deleting the Holmes podcast, unsubbing, and then resubbing and redownloading the deleted one.

I can't stop laughing at Back Alley Dave.

Back Alley Dave's back from Iraq and needs fifty bucks.

He'll do monkeys for free, though. He loving hates monkeys.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Squint posted:

Don't you worry about episode 100! It should be ready for release soon.

Honestly, going by the subject matter of the more recent couple of episodes, I wouldn't be surprised if episode 100 consisted of nothing but 1 hour 2 minutes of you guys screaming in sheer agony, terror, and pain, intro, bumpers, outro and stingers included.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The ska bands thing is honestly my favorite (relatively) recurring joke you guys have made, if only because Jimmyfranks sounds so earnest listing all the names.
Did all the readers contribute names or was it a one-man job?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Reivax posted:

Something I've been wondering for a while: why is The F Plus called what it is?

The podcast's tagline is "Terrible Things Read With Enthusiasm". In the American school system, an F is a failing grade. An F+ would be a failing grade, but a high failing grade at least.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man but the moment of silence that preceded the symphony of crunches as everyone bit into their dorito sandwich (for kids) was just perfect. I'll never get tired of food episodes.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What's the average ridiculist age anyway? Isfahan's comment makes me estimate ~really loving old.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I'm sorry I implied you or the ridiculists were old, Isfahan.

Anyway, now that I live in the US I hope there's an F Plus live going on soon (but it's ok if there isn't, too)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Squint posted:

I thought so too! The audio was definitely evocative of the Flash stuff he and Lowtax used to do back in the Jeff K/Fireman Comics days.

So did Lemon really just waste 10 bucks on some random blowjob hollering at his mic all for the sake of a joke? Man, he coulda bought a relatively decent fast food meal with that scratch.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Squint posted:

My assumption is that the name of the project scares people off, especially in the case of bronies ("What, 'Irregular?' I'm not irregular! They're just gonna make fun of me!"). I was the one trying to put together the brony episode. I got close: I had a fan artist and a fan composer lined up, but even they relied on other people referring me to them because it's not like I have a who's-who in bronydom written down on a Post-It next to my monitor.

The fanfic writer thing is where it fell apart. I wanted at least somewhat prominent content creators in the brony fandom; not just any bronies would do for me. This was because content creators tend to have a more well-rounded impression on the ins and outs of a fandom rather than the hooting peanut-gallery platitudes and cheerleading of the pure consumers. I even tried sending Robcakeran53, the writer of My Little Dashie, a Skype message, but he never replied. Neither did the other two or three authors I'd been told about. Aside from that, I was having a hard time finding a good couple of hours to schedule for the two bronies I did have on board and it just sort of fizzled. The time frame for all of this was from November 2012 to February 2013.

But yeah I guess now that we skewered My Little Dashie a bit, I'd hazard a guess that Rob's probably not interested in being interviewed.

Please tell me you tried My Nationalist Pony.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Squint posted:

Pretty much anything where we read either a story or a script gets a lot of listening time from me. The sock-transformation episode, the Transformers fan-script, and the Resident Evil/CSI/Star Wars & Robotnik script episodes are probably my most-played.

The Resident Evil/CSI/Star Wars episode is straight-up your best episode. Goddamn but do I love how insane and well-read it is.
A close second would be Roy Orbison wrapped in cling film because of the sheer, wholesome joy the readers are experiencing.
Third would be the cartoons one because of Kumpot's seminal role as Michael Barrier.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I'm just waiting for the day Lemon gets tongue tied and calls him Adam Bozack.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
A bit late, but having the squatters' episode end with who I assume is Squiddy's baby crying was too perfect.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
And would you consider having guest players?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh man now I wanna participate just to trip him up.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
From the few pictures of a couple of the readers available (F Plus Live) they look exactly like they sound ie huge nerds.
Handsome huge nerds.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Tracula posted:

Dumb question but I was watching through the AGDQ 2013 stuff and during the Pac-man 2: The New Adventures run is that Portaxx sitting in the middle of the couch? If not they sound pretty much exactly like her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miBPEMcrz58

Portaxx and John are both involved in adgq. Hell, they use her artwork all over the website.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Are you going to record video? I remember you guys said Live 2 was recorded but the tape got corrupted and hosed.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I hate Patreon just on the fact that the guy who does Questionable Content, a strip one degree removed from sprite comics of yore, where nothing ever loving happens, makes almost 10 grand a month.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Are you guys gonna have video this time?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
There's only like one person who doesn't sound like a total nerd in this Internet radio show where horrible nerds read horrible things written by other more horrible nerds and that's totally the appeal.

EDIT: jimmyfranks doesn't sound like a nerd either.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Djeser posted:

Kumquatxop doesn't sound like a nerd, he sounds like a radio announcer Muppet.

That is the absolute most fitting description ever. Wow.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Ixjuvin posted:

The F Plus is going out for beers with friends; Lou Reads is sitting alone in your room with a bottle of whiskey.

And a revolver with one bullet, and it's a spin of the roulette after every other bit read.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

BootsRaingear posted:

We really like Victor. That's about it.

I can't possibly imagine why Victor still likes most of you, after all the poo poo you've made him read :v:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I haven't listened to this podcast in years, wanna get back in but there's probably a lot of new content. Is there a particular recommended episode that is benignly goofy like the sasquatch lady or Roy Orbisson Wrapped in Cling Film instead of horribly legit disturbing and upsetting like that one live event where they read some awful book excerpts that should've landed the author at the very least on a watch list?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
How much has the cast changed

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Stog, Kumpot, Portaxx, bunnybread still in? Jimmyfranks didn't have to go back to the 50's to keep being a radio announcer?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Lumbermouth posted:

Also Zarla showed up again after like 4 years and she's great.

Was she the one who guested in one of the fanfic episodes? The Swedish author one? She was so good in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Sham bam bamina! posted:

This, but I'll also specifically recommend r/INTJ as one of the funniest drat things they've ever recorded.

Soon as I get home I'm downloading the good old classics (tvtropes, planet moneygrubber, allrecipes, sasquatch and dolphin ladies, CLINGFILM, the cartoons one, Garfield fanfic, the one with the CSI episode, a bunch more) then I'll start hitting your list