Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I have to know...what sorts of hats have people received in the past?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I hope people ost pictures. That's hilarious

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

My god this episode is such a blast from the past in regards to the 00's anime scene. Thank you, I didn't know this was something I needed

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Like seriously, I have not heard the terms Seme and Uke thrown around so casually in such a long time. It was almost quaint.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Midjack posted:

I can't really recommend going to nerd conventions in general but at least yaoi paddles and nonconsensual hugs are both banned by name just about everywhere for the last decade.

This is a pretty good watch if you are interested. Basically they started out as a joke but people kept asking if they could buy one and it just kind of mutated form there. Honestly, banning them was a good idea. Ahegao clothes next, please.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8yuFmJVwtY

I still go to cons semi-regularly and I feel like things have calmed down quite a bit on that front? You've got the whole "Cosplay Is Not Consent" thing going and at least Sakura con has condemned its glomp circle to the one area outside the main con area and that area only.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Sitting Here posted:

oh god, is that what the clammy circle of people touching each other in freeway park every year is

Yes. Yes that is.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Everything about the Supernatural fandom ensured I will never watch Supernatural.

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 8, 2021

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I'm terrible, I definitely started singing along to the theme song in the car

no regrets :colbert:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

yea this was some classic dumb internet 'lol these kids are silly' poo poo and not 'oh no it's all racism and fetish poo poo' you'd get from the adult crowd. A+ job.

I lost it at the Sweet Dreams bit. I mean, who hasn't had their OC randomly break out in whatever song you were obsessed with at the time for no real reason other than you want your OC to sing and be ~mysterious~

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

God I love weird fanon episodes :allears:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

What's the episode where someone is reading and you hear Lemon in the background (away from his mic to make it sound like he's farther away) going, "HEY! HEEEEEYYY" and then dives in to the bit he's reading, essentially interrupting what ever reading was in progress?

God, does that make any sense?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I can't remember, but I think he cuts in like that because the current reading was just some inane rambling that could probably just be cut off at anytime and you get the idea .

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

This should fall during my planned week off from work so I'm :stoked:

I think I say this every year, but seriously, thank you for always raising funds for the Abortion Network. You guys are awesome

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Oh yes :sickos:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I can't entirely hate on this because I would have written almost this exact fic at that age except it would have been about RENT :allears: there is just something so alluring about the idea of Characters You Like enjoying Show You Like

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

The Chairman posted:

the best part of this episode is Kumquat's and Dijon's little "wow"s

I am lightly obsessed with the way Kumquat says, "how can you sleep without pumped up jams?"

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I can't remember the name of the ep but the one about Amy Lee (not that one) is the perfect Dozerfleet companion

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

oh my god it's two and a half hours long

:getin:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

"Fanom Wiki For My Made Up Right-Wing Global Empire" was not something I was prepared to read when I woke up this morning

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

My god, the word "stuffies" raises the hair on the back of my neck .

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I am shocked and saddened no one made the incredibly easy GumSwap.avi joke

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Mega64 posted:

There's something wholesome about the weird poo poo kids post. That's what makes up most of my favorite EC episodes.

It's the most endearing kind of cringe. The Hamilkids ep of extra credits was great because I probably would have written almost that exact same fanfic as a teen, except replace Hamilton with RENT or Wicked

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Shame Boy posted:

Yeah what kind of kid is writing fanfic about plays when there's perfectly good animes and sonic the hedgehog and homestuck to write about

Clearly someone didn't go to Musical Theater summer camp as a teenager :colbert:

Broadwaystuck was totally thing I remember this

God, I feel like wherever the theater kids flock to online would make a great ep

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

new sudden wave of gratitude: that my Art Camp Years came before social media, blogs, or any other way for my child idiot self to live-post all her insufferable "adventures"

Oh, believe me when I say I agree with you 100%. At best I had livejournal and aboutmylife, and one of those sites no longer exist.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Meowywitch posted:

dont forget xanga

I remember xanga :cripes:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I haven't listened to the F Plus or Extra Credit for like 4 years, and I want to jump back on. What are some recent greats?

The Wookiepedia episode is a classic

https://thefpl.us/episode/318

Extra Credits does a two parter about Smurfs fanfiction. Michael Jackson is involved. Also Jesus?

https://thefmin.us/caution-these-fanworks-are-a-little-blue/

https://thefmin.us/category/episodes/page/12/

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

RandomPauI posted:

Edit: As for literature, it's hard to measure up to this episode about Morgan Blayde. A man armed like a gun merchant, fueled by booze, yadda yadda tadda

https://thefpl.us/episode/299

God, this one is also an all-timer

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I love when Kumquat was rambling off the Harry Potter Wikihow titles

HOW TO MAKE A HARRY POTTER BROOM

HOW TO MAKE A HARRY POTTER ROOM

HOW TO DO TAI CHI HARRY POTTER

I feel like kumquat should have had his own Harry Potter themed episode at this point

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

Just like the Jack Chick Night Before Christmas episode!

Yes!!! Exactly!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Got my mothman sticker in the mail today

Thank you, Lemon :yayclod:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

You weren't kidding when you said this was an old doc :stare: I have not seen people talk like that on the internet in like a decade. Takes me back to simpler time

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 1, 2023

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

The comment about, "now I just eat it off my hand" actually made me gag. Thanks, Extra Credits

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Sorry to hear that, Lou :( Do what you need to do

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

God, this reminds me of this dude i overheard at Rennasaince Faire* who trapped this couple in a 20 minute conversation that they were too polite to walk away from where he explained in great detail the story that he was writing that was basically just Avatar the Last Airbender, The Witcher, Shadow and a Bone, and Harry Potter all put together

*yes I am throwing rocks in my glass house, leave me alone

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

The Ghoul posted:

I'm starting a doc on Renn Faire swingers right now.

Oh gently caress yes

....God I need to join the ball pit :baduk:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Important question: has anyone on Ballpit drawn the sword?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Please keep reading fanfiction from 2008 please and thank you

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

depends where you are. /mus/ and /x/ are normal goofy sections. /pol/ and /r9k/ will probably create the next mass shooter.

I spent a lot of time on /cgl/ which I like to call the more well-adjusted board, if only because these people made cosplay for the specific purpose of going out and meeting up with other people. Still full of petty assholes who will pile on anyone even slightly cringy and turn them in to their lolcow mascot...until mods fully banned threads made with the sole purpose of calling out specific people.

The board is still full of every -ism you can think of, which was why I eventually left. It stopped being fun, though, I do have to have a long time to think with myself about why I found it fun to begin with. Bouncing off of what Kitfox88 said, it's weird that this site somehow became the Less Bad version of 4chan, at some point

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

For a forum about perfume they sure do talk about cum a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I Don't Even Own A Television, with sometimes F Plus collaborators J William Friedman and Chris Cllsn. They have unfortunately called it quits but their back catalog is still worth listening to.