Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Patter Song posted:

So a lot of people criticize Nintendo for the glacial release of N64 titles, but how many first-party-owned titles do they really have to add to the list? Star Fox 64 (likely coming when Star Fox 0 launches)? Pilotwings 64? Super Smash Bros? (Maybe they don't want to confuse people?) Wave Race?

N64 had a pretty limited first party library.

I think some of the criticism is because there are ONLY first-party-owned titles available? There's no need for that to be the case.

Nintendo lets all kinds of cheap-looking poo poo onto the eshop, but they keep this dumb bottleneck on the Virtual Console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

There's a handful of N64 titles that are a bit overdue, but the pickings there are kind of slim.

I want Jet Force Gemini. :(

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Buy an Xbone!

I think everyone who bought Rare Replay thought they wanted to play Jet Force Gemini again but they were so, so wrong.

Oh man, I didn't know about Rare Replay!

I do plan on getting an Xbone at some point, since I already have a ton of games for it via Games with Gold. (And because I will want Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Mass Effect 4 when they come out) So I guess I will get to find out just how wrong I am eventually!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

In Training posted:

What you just described is Halo 1.

I don't remember getting to play as a hover-dog in Halo.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

elf help book posted:

I want to see this "Ashley's Halloween" theme.

I wonder if it's Ashley the witch from WarioWare?

Edit: Oh, yup!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's some footage from Fast Racing Neo, out this week:

Comparison of the three speed settings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzasnULJnhM

Hero Mode: (top speed, mirrored tracks, must place 1st, boost meter doubles as a shield meter, crash/off-track = game over)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4eujD0JITQ

Why are you posting about this irrelevant stuff, can't you see that this is the Pokemon Picross thread

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

It's also pretty easy to find tutorials on putting together Raspberry Pi emulator consoles!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Jakk posted:

This sounds pretty cool! Is it possible to get a R Pi to interface with an actual cartridge ?

Not that I'm aware of (but maybe!), but you can hook it up to a tv and a usb controller pretty easily, from what I've heard!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Is it still true of the New 3DS XL?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Disargeria posted:

So they're condensing it all into one thing that they split into... 3 things?

The Nintendo Holy Trinity.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Wouldn't the reference actually be Candyman, since a mirror is involved?

Edit: beaten.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

jivjov posted:

Well it certainly is neat of Sony to offer that...but it's not like "multi-platform access forever" is a required feature of digital game purchases.

Xbox/Windows is also starting to roll it out. It's becoming the norm.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

There are some games originally from the GBA on the 3DS VC, so is there anything practical stopping them from putting the GBA remake on the 3DS VC?

Are there GBA games on the 3DS VC? I don't think there are.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Echophonic posted:

There's the Ambassador games, but that's it.

And they were only available in a limited run for free, and had none of the usual VC features.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

hadji murad posted:

Where's the best place to buy eshop cards in Canada?

I always just get mine at the grocery store (Loblaws, Independent, etc) once I get enough PC Plus points... I would imagine you can also get them at Best Buy, since they're the designated Nintendo Zones available for Canada.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

In Training posted:

loving FINALLY

I think a lot of people are looking forward to it due to the fact that the replacement for Nintendo's shuttered loyalty program comes out at the same time, to be honest. I know I am, at least.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Scratch-O posted:

If only there was some other way to add profiles to Miitomo, like perhaps some manner of code your friends could share with you...

Yeah, if only, because there isn't. You can't add friends by friend code or QR code.

Edit: Just realized that I'm not sure whether you're being sarcastic because you thought you can add friends that way, or because it's dumb that Nintendo wouldn't also include the friend code system that it already uses.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 31, 2016

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yes. I noticed that there's a place to redeem point codes though on the My Nintendo page so maybe they'll start including them with physical games again in the future.

This is what they say about point codes on the FAQ:

"From time to time, Nintendo will distribute point codes that can be redeemed for My Nintendo points. The points will appear on the points history page of the My Nintendo website when signed in to your Nintendo Account."

Also, reading the FAQ, it's pretty lovely that points expire six months after you collect them.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 31, 2016

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh, hey, I think I found another secret mission? got thirty coins from entering the nintendo website while signed in on my Nintendo Account, in my history it says "Completed: Sign in to your Nintendo Account on the official Nintendo website (weekly)" which doesn't show up in the mission list.

Thanks for mentioning this!

jivjov posted:

Hrm; I've been messing around on the main Nintendo website for a few minutes and I'm not getting that mission to trigger.

I got it to trigger by clicking on a link to the online eshop from the marketing email that they sent.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

jivjov posted:

Ahh. I haven't gotten that email yet

You could probably do it from any Nintendo email!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Am I missing something? I thought the games needed Gold points?

Twilight Princess Picross and Wario Ware Touched are both available for 1000 platinum points each. The other games need Gold points, though.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 1, 2016

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

jivjov posted:

Gotcha. So all the $4.99 eshop titles are completely reward-less.

Why would you expect this? Just because you buy a game does not entitle you to free rewards.

A few coins would be nice, but expecting stuff for free seems ridiculous to me.

(Did you see what I did there?)

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

In Training posted:

I'll be very calm and nice and say that Shovel Knight is a good game, and the Plague Knight expansion is a straight up fantastic one.

And there are two more expansions in the works! (That will also probably be free? I don't know if they've specified.)

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

nerdman42 posted:

I'll grab U then. As long as the graphics don't gently caress up like they do sometimes on Steam, I'll take bad load times any day.

It seems like you don't have to choose which with the bundle, it gave me valid codes for Shantae for both systems!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

homeless snail posted:

You get both for Shantae, but you have to choose for Citizens of Earth

Ohh, okay, my mistake.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

jivjov posted:

Miitomo isn't the loyalty program; although you can earn coins for the loyalty program through it.

Well, and half of the loyalty program rewards are useless Miitomo things now.

It's pretty fair to blame Miitomo for My Nintendo being lamer than Club Nintendo.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

I made $300-400 dollars selling my club Nintendo rewards on Ebay. This new loyalty program is poo poo.

Oh, what, you're not excited by the chance to get a digital bee costume for Miitomo? How is that possible?

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 29, 2016

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I don't even know what to save up for with my gold coins, considering they expire after what, six months?

I already have Super Mario 64, Six Golden Coins and Metroid Fusion, I don't really want Super Punch-Out, and Donkey Kong Country Returns costs a ridiculous number of gold coins. (And I would only kinda want it.) And I don't have either of the games that there is DLC for. And most of the rewards don't expire for another 3 or 4 months. So I guess I'd better hope the next crop of rewards include something I actually want, or I'm out of luck. What a terrible system.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

No, you see if it's not .99 or free it's not worth buying!

Oh hey why did all of those mid-tier developers and publishers all die I just don't get it!

This is a pretty disingenuous argument, considering Steam Sales give huge discounts, and yet Steam has far more success stories for mid-tier developers as of late than consoles/handhelds do.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Rexroom posted:

Screw you, Club Nintendo didn't work here anyway. MyNintendo is the vengeance for that humiliation.

Anyway, we'll probably see some new rewards when some of them expire on that day.

You wouldn't prefer a vengeance without expiring coins?

Yeah, I'm sure we will get a new batch then, it's just with the turnover being 3-4 months, and the expiry being after 6 months I'll only have one more shot at getting something I want/don't already have before my coins expire.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

In Training posted:

Do you get coins for DLC as well?

No, you don't, only for full games.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Rexroom posted:

It's either expiring coins or no coins.

No... it was no coins, now it's expiring coins. That's definitely an improvement, but there's nothing saying they couldn't have expanded Club Nintendo or made My Nintendo coins non-expiring... they just chose not to do those things.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So just three hours 'till the new My Nintendo rewards go up, hope it's something good.

Looks like it's just more discounts.

How did you know that new rewards were going up?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Fryhtaning posted:

I came here expecting to see everyone :neckbeard: about Earthbound and Link to the Past on the n3DS, but I was disappointed.

Everyone's busy playing Pocket Card Jockey.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Rexroom posted:

Those mobile Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing games are going to be "free-to-start" (read: microtransactioned) games.

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/730334019145990145

Ugh, but Nintendo is so stingy when it comes to the F2P model, I'm not really looking forward to those. :(

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Color Printer posted:

Pretty sure you can play Majora's Mask through Wii's Virtual Console.

Yeah, you can, I have it on my Wii U that way.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Fremry posted:

I think a lot of people waited until the end because there was a lot of buyers remorse every month. People remember the end being good because there was a large selection, and no reason to hold onto your coins since you knew it was going away.

Yeah, but with My Nintendo, you can't even save your coins for longer than 6 months, so it's not like it will even ever have an equivalent to those end of days.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I was always kind of annoyed by the Wario Land games as a kid, because the first two Mario Land games were some of the first games that I owned, and then out of nowhere Wario and his gameplay mechanics co-opted that line of games.

5 or 6 year old me wanted more real Mario Land games!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

less laughter posted:

5 or 6 year old you was a moron

Well yeah, I was 5 or 6.

To be fair, I didn't actually OWN Wario Land, which didn't help. I only played it a couple of times.

I ended up playing some of the sequels a few years ago by emulator and I was much more able to appreciate it. But it just seems weird that it supplanted the Mario Land series entirely instead of becoming a side-by-side franchise sort of thing.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Alxprit posted:

It starts tomorrow at around the same time the actual livestream starts.

Yeah, the My Nintendo news page for it says that it starts at 11 am PT, and runs til the 21st.

quote:

Nintendo eShop sale: Starting at 11 a.m. PT until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 21, Nintendo is offering discounts on some of its most popular games as a special treat for fans. My Nintendo members who are signed in will also get a special bonus if they buy select games included in the sale. Anyone who hasn’t signed up for My Nintendo yet is encouraged to do so now to avoid the E3 rush. To get the extra discount, My Nintendo members must link their Nintendo Account to their Nintendo Network ID and access Nintendo eShop on their device at least once before they make a purchase. The discounted games can be purchased in Nintendo eShop or at e3.nintendo.com. Details about the discounts can also be found at e3.nintendo.com.