Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Zero Mission, Zero Mission, Zero Mission.

I want all the GBA-era Metroids and Castlevanias. Give me Fusion. :(

codenameFANGIO posted:

Holy poo poo, if you don't buy Etrian Odyssey Untold for $10 you're a loving fool.

:rip: PAL store. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Those PAL "sales" are starting to make me think I should've imported a 3DS from the US and just lived with buying everything digitally.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dehry posted:

From the 3DS Eshop:

So is any of that ever going to go on sale on the PAL store? :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL dudes, we're getting daily sales starting Friday and ending Monday, "up to 40% off popular Nintendo titles".

All I want is EO Untold 1 for £7.50, Nintendo. :(

Thanks for posting these!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
To be "fair," Europe doesn't do Thanksgiving or Black Friday, but splitting store sales like this is still incredibly dumb garbage.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Black Friday is becoming a thing here I think (in the UK at least)

Sort of, but not really. I mean, Amazon and other retailers have seized on the fact that we're dimly aware of it from the US and use it as an excuse to do sales, but we still don't have people traditionally trampling each other to death over discount TVs the day after Thanksgiving. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Today's daily PAL discounts: Kirby Triple Deluxe for 30% off, Codename STEAM for 40% off.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

less laughter posted:

3DS
Xenoblade €26.99

How bad is Xenoblade on the 3DS' tiny screen? I can't imagine it's particularly playable.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

quote:

Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £7.40 from December 10-24

Finally!

(Thanks for doing these roundups as always, Ninja.)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

gently caress you, region-locking. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Does anyone know what time the PAL eShop deals actually start on Thursdays? Is it midnight tonight, or noon tomorrow or something?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

It updates after midday in EU, (1-2pm GMT or something?), so early Friday for AU/NZ.

Thanks! I can stop waiting for SMT4 to go on sale and just go to bed, then. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It'd be swell if PAL could've also gotten sales on Devil Survivor Overclocked but I guess I can't expect too much of Atlus when it took them two years to release it in Europe.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

DSO was on sale early this year, bought it for 10€.

Sadly, I've only had a 3DS for a month. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Umihara going on sale the same week the publisher shut down the developer. :bravo:

Steel Empire looks pretty cool, and it looks like I'll finally be picking up the Ace Attorney trilogy and Pirate's Curse. Good sales week.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The publisher's parent company shut down the publisher, the developer's fine.

Forgot to post this yesterday, but that doesn't seem to be the case. :(

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-12-15-japanese-studio-agatsuma-entertainment-closed-after-18-years

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
There's four Zero games (which are all good) and like, six Battle Network games. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Did SSF4 3D ever get the Ultra upgrade, or is it something Capcom basically stopped supporting?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

In Training posted:

I'm not 100%, but I'm fairly sure it's the latter. Sorry.

Help Im Alive posted:

No you'll have to buy it on console for that (the PS4 version is fairly cheap/actually has playable online/comes with all the costumes too I think so that's a good deal)
version)

I already own it on PC so no real need to get it on 3DS, I was just wondering if it was worth owning. Shame that Capcom didn't bother supporting it, though. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

WE'RE GETTING ZERO MISSION FINALLY

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/metroid-zero-mission-wii-u

nintendo reads my posts and only mine

Ugh, release GBA titles on 3DS already, Nintendo. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Looper posted:

it's weird because in fusion she actively talks back to him and demonstrates limited agency

It's because Fusion isn't garbage written by trash, unlike Other M.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Medabots game is officially going to be too edgy for kids: http://gematsu.com/2016/01/medabots-girls-mission-rated-cero-c-japan

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
There hasn't been a bad Castlevania game on handhelds since before Circle of the Moon. There also hasn't been a good Castlevania game in about 8 years. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Rexroom posted:

Space Hulk? Isn't that the Games Workshop classic boardgame? I remember playing a computer version of it in the 90s, and it was good.

It's a port of the newer computer adaptation, which got some very mixed reviews, largely for being too much of a direct adaptation of the boardgame and lacking any real single-player campaign. Hopefully, the WiiU release is a port of the Ascension Edition rerelease, which fixed quite a few technical issues with the game.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

A newer version came out on PC 2 years ago that isn't poo poo.

That's the HD version.

Which wasn't poo poo, so that dude's wrong. It's a great port, especially since they fixed mouse aiming a month or so after release so the mouse now acts like a mouse instead of emulating a Wiimote.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

Is it even worth buying the Riot Shotgun?

Its final upgrade is a 100 shell magazine, which will carry you through some of the harder difficulties because upgrading ammo capacity fills your magazine to the max.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Feb 5, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

C-Euro posted:

That's the Striker actually :eng101: Which also takes up less inventory space.

Oh, :rip:, you're right. I completely forgot there's a 1014 in the game in addition to the Striker/Ithaca.

The 1014 does have one advantage, which is that it has crazy range for a shotgun due to the tighter spread, but that's about it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You've labelled most of the 3DS sales as WiiU. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Rising Star Games announced they're bringing over Sadame, a Japanese top-down action-RPG; it'll be out in PAL-land on February 25 and NA "soon":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZtPdbCc37U

That looks cool.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

They already got some discounted 3DS games a few months ago: Ocarina 3D, Starfox 3D, some other stuff.

OoT3D is definitely not discounted - it's still £30 in the UK, instead of the £15.99 that the Select stuff goes for.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
If we keep getting the BlazBlue prequel VNs I'm sure the odds of us getting an actual VN are higher.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

greatn posted:

I assume the alternate costume is skimpier.

Yep.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I love Musou games, but you basically have to play them in relatively small doses and not try to 100% the mainstream ones, it'd take an insane amount of time.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
DQH is different enough from Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi that it's noticeable. Same with Hyrule Warriors, to a lesser extent.

The Gundam Musou games are definitely mainstream Warriors games. Not sure about Arslan (I imagine it is) or the One Piece ones, though.

Really, when people say "the main Musou series" they mean Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's essentially New 3DS only, but since it technically "runs" on an old 3DS, they didn't put the label on, which is pretty silly. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lord Lambeth posted:

Is revelations worth getting on the 3ds? I am a crazy person who enjoyed the core mechanics of RE6 if that makes a difference.

It's a solid (if a bit short and repetitive) RE game which controls like RE4/5 with the ability to strafe while aiming but no gun upgrade mechanics (instead, you have boring numerical stat mods to slot in to your guns), and is closer to older RE games in terms of tone. It's good for $5 if you enjoy both styles of RE games.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's slightly less terrible if you do the PSP-1000 stick cap mod but yes, it's still terrible and I still wish Nintendo had just put a second thumbstick in. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Is any of the Awakening DLC actually worth getting?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Gold Coins aren't a straight 10% cashback like the old Premium system - there are incremental tiers every $5 or $10, maxing out around 80 Coins for a $60 purchase.

80 points is for £50 here in the UK. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The art style reminds me of Wonder Boy in Monster Land a little.

That looks good, though. Shame it's not on Vita. :(