Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I played Revelaitons using the gyroscope to aim. It's immersive as hell and you can move and aim at the same time!

The Genesis + gyroscope aim also rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's gone from the page entirely now.

I remember they made Super Metroid a CN prize during the Wii U VC Trial promotion and then refunded everyone since it was available for 30c at the time, so I'm kinda thinking they took this down because they plan to make LTTP available for Wii U around the time LTTP2 drops.

Good because I just opened the Wii Shop for the first time in like a year to buy LttP over the weekend and they shouldn't let people have it for free now for this reason. :colbert:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Uhhh didn't Nintendo announce that Miiverse would eventually be on 3DS as soon as they announced Miiverse? That guy is a tool.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Donkey Kong NES with the pie factory level rules. :colbert:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So basically they should make Nintenhorse+Dinosaurs to truly get to the European market?

Um, they should make Nintenhorse+Dinosaurs to capture the entire world market. And my heart. :allears: Holy poo poo, if that game had unicorns I'd finally be forced to buy my wife her own 3DS.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

less laughter posted:

Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits
Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Odd you would include Mr. Driller but forget Dig Dug: Digging Strike.

Or my personal favorite, Resident Evil: Deadly Silence. Way to conjure up the image of a fart there, dudes.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Just to double-check I can redeem my reward for Earthbound now and enter my code into a Wii U in say, late August or early September when I actually, like, buy one and it'll still work?? I guess what I'm asking is how long the code will be good for. I have seen conflicting answers already.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Oh yeah, Mr. Driller has a ridiculous extended canon that claims your dude is the son of Dig Dug Guy and Baraduke Lady.

Also Dig Dug Guy and Baraduke Ripley got a divorce. Dig Dug Guy is now very bitter about that and the fact that Mr. Driller is more famous than him. I love the ridiculous Dug Family soap opera. :allears:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I try to download multiplayer titles that I always want to have on hand for a quick game. I downloaded Mario Kart 8, and intend to download Smash and Splatoon, but an adventure game like say Wind Waker I'd rather have on disc.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

MARIO GOLF IS LIKE HEROIN

This guy ain't lyin'. 420 Play Mario Golf Every Day

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

I bought Mario 3, Mario 2 and Punch Out. Goddamit nintendo I can't help myself. Almost wanted to get the yoshi's island game, pity it's supposed to be terrible. Yoshi's Island will never get the respect it deserves.

I almost bought the Mario series over again on 3DS but dammit Nintendo I won't support this business practice. :mad:

I do however own Double Dragon on both platforms but they'll only get me like that once. :negative:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

zenintrude posted:

If I have the Kirby's Dream Collection and don't care that much about off-screen play, is there any reason for me to blow coins on Kirby Super Star?

You can use off-screen play with Kirby's Dream Collection (with a separate controller, obviously) so if you own it already don't blow the coins.

Blow your Real Life Coins on Kirby Super Star Ultra for DS either way, though. Play it everywhere. :getin:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The Earthbound licensing issues things was great, because it was a better explanation than the real reason it wasn't released, which was, 'no one at Nintendo cared'.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

This might be worth a look:

https://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem

Someone was digging around Nintendo's URLs and found this URL: a work-in-progress version of their web eShop portal, and people are reporting that it's already operational in certain countries - if you drop a download code for a Wii U game into the form it'll automatically download on your console.

:swoon: Soon I can buy games at work and have them ready for me when I get home instead of watching progress bars like a CHUMP.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Ronnie posted:

Can we just go back to pretending it was a music licencing issue?

No, because they didn't change any music for the digital release of Earthbound :unsmigghh:

So hey, as a guy who likes Kirby games and Mario Golf games is Kirby's Dream Course worth my sweet Club Nintendo coins?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Ok, then. You can lie to yourself with a slight basis in reality, Ronnie.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Silver95280 posted:

Also works for the 3DS too.

:vince:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

There was a guy in the WiiU thread melting down a few days ago because apparently the WiiU bricked his flash drive. So while you probably can use one, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I believe that guy then got everything working and immediately started gushing about how awesome Nintendo was so he might just be insane.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Alright, i'll just buy a 16 or 32 gig flash drive and go for it. :)

Invest in a terabyte hard drive when you can though, I have an externally powered 2 tb I got for roughly a hundo and it's more than I'll ever need. Wish I could do that with my 360. :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Sarchasm posted:

Uh, can't you? I was under the impression that 360s can also have external drives hooked up.

The One can but the 360 uses up to 32 gb thumb drives or their proprietary hard drives and that's it. They just released a 500 gb but I am going to have to pay as much as I did for my 2 tb external for it. :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

greatn posted:

Damned if I know what happened to my NES carts though.

lol if you aren't slowly rebuying your childhood NES collection on Amazon and eBay

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Chronojam posted:

Do you really have room to laugh if you ever lost yours in the first place?

If I didn't I would cry :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

It's missing 12 games:

Baseball
Clu Clu Land
Donkey Kong 3
Golf
Ice Climber
Ice Hockey
NES Open Tournament Golf
Pinball
Tennis
Urban Champion
Wario's Woods
Wrecking Crew

plus the Miiverse integration, plus Super Luigi Bros., and it has no 3D.

Uhhh what are they alleging is the advantage to buying this version?? Because it sounds awful.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

RMZXAnarchy posted:

They literally cut all the bad games out except for Mario Bros. (Besides, Ice Hockey, Urban Champion, Baseball and DK3 only have a few bonus challenges in the WiiU versions and are not full fledged titles.)

So its NES Remix with the fat cut out.

Yeah but it's $30, literally as much as the two games on Wii U right? So what the hell, put back Urban Champion and poo poo or halve the price.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

SuperHappy posted:

Wow, I had no idea it's already time for Treasure Tracker. Time to say goodbye to my free time forever.

lol if you still have free time after both Smashes and Hyrule Warriors.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

There's a new 3DS firmware update, here's the US changelog:

There are also some unlisted updates for New 3DS: an Amiibo options screen on the home menu, as well as the option to make purchases with your SUICA card.

Shuffle Menu option is sooooooo gooooood, can not wait for that poo poo. :cool:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

oh gently caress shuffling menus makes me want to buy more menu themes :supaburn:

I didn't need much more incentive, real hosed up Nintendo.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

So Moon Chronicles is an episodic game that did poorly and thus will have no more episodes? Am I understanding that correctly?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Punch-Out Wii and Metroid Trilogy for 10 bucks, what crazy world do I live in?

A beautiful new one full of possibilities. :)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Kirby's Adventure Wii is Kirby's Return To Dreamland in NA, right? Because that game is like $70 used here so I hope we get it eventually.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Wiimote and Nunchuck is the best console FPS scheme, I really don't know how anyone could prefer twin sticks.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The Manticore posted:

STEAM demo is on the shop in NA, actually.

Yeah I am definitely downloading this right now and I am in the US.

JustJeff88 posted:

If you haven't played it, Mario Golf: World Tour is a lot of fun. I don't know if there are still live tournaments being held, but it has a lot of content (granted, some is DLC) and is a reasonable golf sim without being too hard core, but it's not too arcade-y either. It's much closer to real golf than Mario Tennis is to tennis, that's for ssure.

They are in fact still running tournaments and adding new equipment to the game. Everyone play Mario Golf, it rules.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

If you like Punchout, then get Doc Louis's Punchout as it will never be available again*

*Without homebrew, that is.

This is correct. Everything else will be available in the future and is relatively cheap and Doc Louis' Punch-Out!! hasn't been available for years and almost certainly never will be again.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

elf help book posted:

Weird, I just downloaded and did the survey for Lucadian Chronicles and it gave me 0 coins. The survey said it would give me 10 but I got nothing. This isn't like the normal little hiccups, it's actually listed on my Accounts & Coins page with 0.

Wonder if they turned the free stuff off.

Ughhhhh I was going to download all the free things today, noooooo. :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

JustJeff88 posted:

I hope that Blaster Master comes to Virtual Console in North America. That game was on my most-played list as a lad.

It's on the OG Wii shop, at least, but yeah they really need to let me upgrade it. :sigh:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

If there was a group of friends, you wouldn't get the loud, annoying one, but you'd get the one that doesn't do anal.

:dogbutton:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The Machine posted:

The only good Yoshi game is the first one.

... the puzzle game, "Yoshi"? :raise:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

My soundtrack loaded in iTunes with the proper English and stuff right away :confused:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

No joke the best song on the smash bros soundtrack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwKvxrlJB-M

loving hands down. Not even a contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The Lobster posted:

How the hell are some of you getting perfectly fine CDs with proper track listings, then some are getting them in German, and then some are getting no track listings at all? They're all the same CDs, right?

Full disclosure, I don't know how it works because I only bought Smash for my Wii U and not for my 3DS so I couldn't participate in that CN giveaway. Were the CDs shipped from different places or something?

I think the German ones are coming from Nintendo of Europe, which I believe is located in Germany.