Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
There's this guy I work with that while in tech school had bought a $1000 laptop from one of those kiosks that sell you poo poo for way more than what it's worth. Well I guess it was worth about that much, only problem was the interest was loving ridiculous, said he ended up paying something like $3000 for it in the end. I think this is something you'd know not to fall prey to, but I'm guessing he wasn't reading the fine print.

We had these meetings in the breakroom every week for upgrade trainees and some NCO would see how far along we were in our CDCs and poo poo. Same guy hasn't been keeping up with them and gets a brilliant idea to give a random page number when asked how far he is. Since he already had a reputation as being a dipshit, they call him on his bluff and find out he hadn't started them. Helped him get a 3 on his EPR.

We're sitting around bullshitting one day, and from out of loving nowhere he says, "Hey, you guys ever have an urge to stick stuff in your rear end?" I tell him that this is probably not something you want to bring up with your coworkers. He then tells us he's afraid to do it because if it turns out he likes it, it might mean that he's gay and that his wife will leave him. But he already turns her down for sex to play video games so I'm not sure what he's worried about.

There's some two day class called Airman Development Course that he signed up for. Not real sure what it's about but it didn't take long for him to get into a shitton of trouble for doing something stupid. They were supposed to play a game where you take the first letter of someone's last name and come up with an adjective that starts with the same letter. Well of course no one wants to play something like that but he outright says, "I don't want to play this stupid game." Not real sure about the full fallout of it but it looks like he got at least an LOR out of it.

I almost feel bad for this guy but then I remember he's the laziest piece of poo poo I've ever known and that he's the cause of all of his problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Or like the guy who poo poo on the side of the road during a road run for PT. Also the guy who crashed his car twice in one week. Also the guy who fell down a hill and got scars on the front and back of his head plus a concussion. People don't forget.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Lazy Reservist posted:

Not tech school, but in the Deid, a couple of cops were caught under one of the Cadillac shitters.

:psyduck: oh god why? There were at least a few places on crappy compound that would have been far less dirty and less likely to get caught.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

LingcodKilla posted:

I've been saving this real life sign for a rainy day.

Lol, I know exactly where that is too. Used to live a couple minutes away.

edit: I believe there is a planned parenthood right across the street as well

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Cojawfee posted:

It appears that a guy in my squadron is finally getting what's coming to him. He's known to everyone to be a drunk but no one ever does anything about it. At the 2013 holiday party, he got super drunk, harassed people, acted like an idiot and started a fight. Instead of doing anything of any value, they took away his stripe and gave him a slap on the wrist. Six months later he got his stripe back and I think he got back pay. He's been known to show up to work smelling like alcohol.

A couple weeks back, I got informed that someone that someone hit another car, got a DUI and didn't bother telling squadron leadership. Commander is apparently really pissed about it so everyone had to be briefed about informing leadership about run-ins with the law. Then the other day, someone in my shop was talking about how the guy doesn't show up in Lync anymore. When someone else mentioned going to see him in the uncleared shop, I put two and two together. I assume he's entirely done now. If he doesn't get outright kicked out, he has to at least lose his stripe at which point he'll get kicked out for high year tenure as he made staff in his last chance.

I'm not surprised at all. I'm really kind of annoyed that it took him potentially injuring someone else before leadership would bother doing anything.

He's got a bright future

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
So every month we get an email about people getting kicked out for various reasons. The winner this month was a TSgt who got three separate article 15s for sexual harassment and got busted down to E-2, plus 45 days hard labor and a discharge.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

LCL-Dead posted:

From the Destiny forum or reddit, not sure as the original link wasn't provided:

Context: Bungie went through and banned a good amount of people for network manipulation/cheating and now their forums/reddit are spammed with "BUT WHY ME?!"

I used to moderate those forums... I see nothing had changed.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
We did an office pool so it'd be split 32 ways if we won. Still a huge chunk of change and plenty to live off the rest of my life. I'd go climb mountains the rest of my life. Probably die on some bullshit mountain where a rock slips like my third day hiking.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Wild T posted:

gently caress that, you're rich. Hire a mountain climber to go up there with a gopro while you stay at base camp drunk and surrounded by golddiggers. You need to stop thinking like a poor.

Dude would cause an avalanche and kill me anyway.

How much does a rocket cost? We could send one to Mars with a big flag of a dick so when the first people finally get there they'll know dick graffiti is an intergalactic phenomenon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
In Great Spirits

Basically the diary of an Australian named Archie Barwick that served in WWI as an infantry troop. He was there for 4 years or so and describes in great detail the horrible poo poo they went through. At one point they charged directly into German held trenches and suffered 60%+ casualties and he makes it out with a few cuts. He was in Turkey too and said the Turkish were much better sports about the war vs the Germans who would sometimes shoot the medics.