Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

that is the video tape that fart sandwiches palm slaps into his vcr every morning

Back when you could only get 56k speeds and vhs tapes of dbz were 30 bucks a pop I would download and watch these.

High school was a shameful rear end time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Soulex posted:

Goddamn it his loving narration sucks.

Also gently caress the majority of dependa photographers and crew. Your poo poo sucks, adding a solar flare isn't artistic, selective color is shameful, and nobody wants to see your monstrosity of a watermark.

My cousin's wife is a pretty good photographer. I didn't realize it was a stereotype. Also I don't know what makes good photos.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

LostCosmonaut posted:

gently caress those Chinese assholes. 8 months after I got hired and I still haven't started working because my security clearance hasn't come in yet. I hope Chinese me dies of radiation sickness.

You still getting paid though?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Delizin posted:

Nice, thank you. I was searching around for it and was reading sunburnt_aphid's heroin adventures.

Lol at the dude that married a junkie

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Cojawfee posted:

This is the worst part about the military. Sometimes you have to fire someone but it's not possible.

We had a maliciously incompetent LPO (E-6 in charge of daily divisional affairs for you non-navy folks) and leadership (both officer and enlisted) knew it but no one wanted to be responsible for "ruining her career" so they just let poo poo slide. She made chief and was terrible at it so then she became an officer and at least if you're a terrible butter bar that's really all that's expected of you.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Dingleberry posted:

Did her last name start with a P and end with an N?

I only remember her last name but it was windham and she sucked. Also doesn't surprise me that it's a common thing in the military.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

McNally posted:

Soju straight from the bottle.

Great idea or greatest idea

yeah it's neither but it's the only alcohol I have right now

Sorry for your loss dude. The urge to drink is strong but at least don't drink alone.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
When I was a nub while cranking I would always get put on sump watch. Basically when you are snorkeling you have someone sit in the fan room and look into a tiny window and make sure not too much water is coming into the boat. You sit there with your little headphones and mic up every now and then to report status. The problem is the fan room is SUPER loving LOUD so I would end up talking over other people, not responding to requests for update because I couldn't hear, and one time I was up there for like 2 hours after we had left periscope depth because I fell asleep and no one noticed I was missing. Pretty sure I have hearing damage from that place.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
We had a command climate survey which is pretty normal. It's supposed to be anonymous but the command thought it would be a great idea to keep a record of who got what random login ID but that wasn't even an issue because a bunch of people just straight up put their names at the beginning of the comments.

We had a big command meeting when the results came back with our captain briefing us on the results. They amounted to junior enlisted are unhappy and think leadership is loving up, senior leadership thinks everything is fine and junior enlisted are just big dumb dumbs. I get it, they are covering their asses.

A year or so later she rotated out and we got a new CO. In his 2nd or 3rd week he held his own big command meeting and laid it all out for us: if he didn't fix the hosed up state of the command it was the end of his career. If he fixed it, he got a star. Our security posture was so bad we were at risk of losing our clearance as a command. Last CO had changed our mission so many times we may as well not have had one and we were at risk of being decommissioned as a shore command.

Leadership was so hosed up and none of them wanted to acknowledge it. New CO man turned things around and now he is an O-7 or something. For a noble he was pretty cool.

Fart Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jan 5, 2016

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

evil_bunnY posted:

This is only a good story if you also tell us what happened to the previous CO.

I had to look it up but lol she retired a few years ago as an O6 and then got a job at that same command she ruined as a civilian with the title Executive Director.
Just fuckin lol

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
20 bucks is such a small amount if you have a decent job that why not throw some money at powerball. Pot is over a billion now. Sure the odds are retarded but it's fun to dream.

If you're in a situation where 20 dollars is a lot of money then you're probably still enlisted and making payments on your mustang at 20% interest.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Oh I'm not enlisted, couldn't join if I wanted to. I'm 100% deaf in both ears, the US military doesn't want toys that are already broken. I just like reading stories about what goes on there. Fair point about the 20, though

Sounds like you got the end run of what an enlistment would entail anyway. Everyone I know has at least partial hearing loss, some with full hearing loss in at least one ear. This isn't even from being around gunfire or explosions.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
At this point it's likely there will be multiple tickets that win. I have nothing to back this information up.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Godholio posted:

Maybe it'll be an ISIS supporter.

:vince:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Guy who lived next door to me growing up just died of cancer at 27. He was a real idiot grade a shitbird piece of poo poo human but no one deserves to go like that. He was good to his daughter and that's more than you can say about lots of people in south Mississippi.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Good work!

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Wild T posted:

The funniest part of Mormon culture is that it's like a combination of a religion, a ponzi scheme and the FRG. They won't just let you show up on Sunday, sing a few songs, eat a piece of bread and go home. In order to be a 'good' member who's allowed into their temple and get into Superheaven you need to be donating at least 10% of your check (and they will schedule interviews to go over your income with you if they think you're skimping, and interrogate you about your masturbation habits while you're there), and be volunteering in one of the millions of little sub-functions they have around their ward. They have a hilariously bulletproof excuse if they want you to spend hours of your life working on some lovely church project, too, where they just say that they "went home and prayed about it" and your name came down directly from the mouth of God. It's no wonder Mormons thrive in the military; the stuff we consider unnecessary bullshit is ingrained into everyday life for them.

The funniest one I've seen is the 'Singles Ward' where they basically shove all the unmarried 18+ Mormons into a room and attempt to get them to marry one another because if you're 20 years old and haven't married and started pumping out those babies you're wrong.

Lots of mormon chicks are hot and I bet they are into butt stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Godholio posted:

You should probably sign your functional's office up for a wine/beer of the month club right now so they "forget" to put you on the VML to become an ADO at Minot or something in three years.

I stayed in Minot for a week last year and it wasn't too bad but if I had to be there more than that is probably hate everything.