Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
How do I make a little house? I don't see doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Blockheads is pretty cool. I'm bad at these games but its cool.

I just want to say thank you to whomever decided to make it portrait or landscape. That is such an awesome feature because depending where I am I can still control the game even if I'm holding it one handed.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Make IAP that allows the progress bars for crafting to go up while home'd out

Done.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Despoiler posted:

Blockheads would be fun if I was unemployed and had aspergers

Same feelings although I want to love the game. Please add IAP to queue up actions while you know, working in real life :)

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

Oh phew. I was starting to think I was the only one with that opinion. :unsmith:

I'm with you. "Retro" is getting really old now. Shame, as I love the style, just wish it wasn't used everywhere.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

The Walking Dead: Assault is really kick-rear end, especially for free. Thanks for the heads up!

$2.99 here in Canada

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

Can anyone go into greater detail on this? It sounds great, but it's also seven dollars.

Yeah, this game looks pretty sweet. Wondering if its worth it.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
gently caress the haters, Vet.

I've been only playing Akinator. If you don't know what this is, oh boy.

...and just so I'm not that guy that forces you to then Google it yourself, you think of a fictitious or real character and this app will loving guess it. I can't stump the drat thing.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

radge posted:

It's more of an actual game but still not that great to be honest. I deleted the beta after a few plays as it was more tedious than anything.

More insight into the game and why it's good/bad?

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Necroneocon posted:

He is joking. He is one of the devs.

Confusing! But any impressions on the game? Can't wait to try it out

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
I'm really liking this Borderlands clone that came out. It controls really well with an ipad mini. Engrish is horrible but who cares, the game seems to hold up in the 5-10 minutes I played it

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Tiger Woods is cheap at the moment and really fun.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
There's a jailbreak app that shows PSX buttons on your screen. You drag/resize them over the shity dual joystick or whatever config the game has and you can then use your Ps3 controller via Bluetooth to play it. Don't know the tweak but it's cool.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
So there's a new app that let's you join and create servers with the Minecraft Pocket app. It even has built in voice chat. It's retarded. I'm going to pair my PS3 controller and see how it runs.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/multiplayer-for-minecraft-pe/id609704981?mt=8

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
People vote with their wallets and it seems like the way it's going is working in some respect. I just choose to not do too much IAP cuz most of it is stupid IMO.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
I'm glad I'm not the only one that's getting really annoyed and bothered by IAP games. There's something to say about paying once and then never having to pay again, and also having it be more like a complete game.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

jerkstore77 posted:

Am I the only one who would've preferred Star Command as a freemium spaceship builder/sim a la Tiny Tower or Pocket Planes?

Jesus no.

All love for Nimblebit, but I'm downright tired of IAP. Give me a full game and I will pay full price. I am just plain annoyed at the model if done wrong, which the majority are.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Oops
E: ignore had wrong thread open

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
More of a rhetorical question, but you spent money on that? It doesn't even look impressive

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

Is there a way to view all of my purchased apps? There are tons of games wasting space on my hard drive I want to delete, but I don't want them all to fall into the abyss where i will totally forget about them. I really don't understand why iTunes can't just work like Steam where a purchased item remains in your library even if it's not installed.

App Store - updates - purchases

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

SpookyLizard posted:

Requires iOS 6 :argh:

Why are you not on it?

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Thanks to the guy who talked about that Kerbal clone - first crack at this genre and its awesome. I have no idea how to do the satellite mission without it blowing up though. I'm not too good with ship part knowledge.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
So how do I reliably "spread out the circle" my orbits in this game?

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Survival craft can't have good controls, right?

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Fallom posted:

It's a first person game on a touch screen. The only thing it could possibly have is "good controls, for a touch screen".

I just can't imagine building anything if its anything like the movement/crafting in Minecraft iOS

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

Just finished Mission 16 in Space Agency which is a full-on recreation of the Apollo Moon Landing and Jesus Christ. It took me well over a dozen, perhaps 2 dozen attempts and it's a 10-15 minute mission. I can see it being the ragequit point for a lot of players. It doesn't really help that the Moon has a landing zone which is about 4 lander widths long, and that matching lunar rotation requires your velocity to dip well into the orange "rapidly plummet into the moon" zone. It did bring back memories of the old Windows Lander game although not quite as fussy as that legendarily was. The Lander (both ascent/descent modules, but particularly ascent) seems a bit more fidgety than every other vehicle in the game up to that point. At least the ascent module's auto-launch is pretty cool to see in action.

If anything, this game has given me a new appreciation for just how loving insane it was that we managed to put a man on the moon with 60's technology/experience without killing dozens upon dozens of astronauts in the process. Like I have.

EDIT: As a tip, I've found it much easier when docking in orbit not to line up and dock horizontally but to roughly match speed and dock on the vertical (from above or below) with a well-applied thruster boost. Not exactly kosher I'm sure but it's less risky and time-consuming.

In free mode I want to go to the moon, land on it, then take off. It seems like that would be impossible due to the sheer weight of it all. How do I do this? 2 ships? How does that work?

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

bobfather posted:

What do you have unlocked? You'll need the Lunar Lander unlocked to land on the moon without self-destructing.

I bought everything. I'm just wondering how to make a rocket that will bring everything I need with me. Basically, what parts did you need to bring up to do a moon landing/takeoff?

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

With Apple's new policy about non-widescreen apps not being allowed to be updated, I hope this doesn't screw up DJMax Ray because it's not widescreen but it includes new song packs with each update.

Maybe it'll just force them to make it widescreen, I hope?

Where can I find this new policy?

JazzFlight posted:

With Apple's new policy about non-widescreen apps not being allowed to be updated, I hope this doesn't screw up DJMax Ray because it's not widescreen but it includes new song packs with each update.

Maybe it'll just force them to make it widescreen, I hope?

Where's that new policy? Sounds interesting.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

bobfather posted:

Easiest way would be to build a Saturn V.

I think it's:

S5 1st stage + Large-Large connector + S5 2nd stage + S5 3rd stage + Lower LAM + Upper LAM + S5 Fairing + Apollo Service Module + Dockable Crew Module + Escape Tower

Otherwise, you'd need to build 2 Large/Medium rockets - one to lift the LAM into orbit around Earth and one to lift the Service+Crew module into Earth orbit. Then assemble them in orbit and blast off to the Moon.

What's a LAM?
E: and Apollo service module?

Dr. Video Games 0050 fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 10, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Everyone download Say The Same Thing. Wonderful word association game that is really fun to play.

I hope this video works

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=2sP1DqyagXE

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Davincie posted:

It does not.

I assume you mean this instead of OK GO though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXdfqW3OBF0

No, it's actually coded by the band Ok Go. Plus my video is much more entertaining!

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Yeah I've had to ditch like 3 games so far due to it just getting stuck.

Also I hate how ads will pop up over the keyboard/screen WHILE YOU'RE TYPING.

I will buy no ads because I feel this game is worth $2.99 of entertainment.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
This was insane

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Count Chocula posted:

I just tried Triple Town. I don't get it.

You and me both buddy.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Sad lions posted:

I did that successfully with everything until nanobots. Doesn't exactly work when everyone's aware of you from square one.

This. The game is really easy for like 90% of it. Do things that will spread that don't show symptoms, wait till everyone is infected, then bam, symptoms.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Anyone playing the new Ultima game? It's pretty buggy - I'm at a spot where I'm supposed to get a new spell to get past a part, but I can't select the spell.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Corridor posted:

There's an iOS Ultima game?

Coming from a UO veteran, don't play this

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Reciprocator posted:

How dare you!

(Can you abuse z-levels by stacking bread?)

Not even a single "corp por" uttered :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Corridor posted:

I just want to see how far the license has strayed from its parent.

The art actually looks pretty awesome. Too bad the game itself looks kinda bad even from the tiny screencaps.

This has got me thinking how hard I'd play an iOS U7. You'd need to do a fair bit of typing though so I guess it wouldn't work.

You can be a fighter, or a Mage! What choices!

• Locked thread