Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Castille. Start off with a claim on a Muslim, strong enough to take nearby lands. Relatively safe from major powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

LP97S posted:

Recently got V2, backed that up, and got AHD. Is there a good LP on how to learn what the hell I'm doing?

I'm in the same boat. Is there a goon instructional LP of Victoria 2 like there is for CK2 and EU3? The game is so daunting and the let's plays I've seen on youtube confused me even more.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Thanks for the links. Bookmarked both.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

WMain00 posted:

You guys are literally the worst sales people! :v:

I might give it a shot if it goes on sale/is in a pack then. Kinda want to have the full historical set (CK2, EU3, Vic 2) and once I get into the rhythm of them they're good fun.

The Victoria Collection is currently :10bux: at Steam. Has everything but the latest expansion.

If you can play EU3 comfortably, Victoria 2 shouldn't be a problem.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

This Japanese AAR linked earlier in the thread has been a god send. The OP explains just about everything in the game and most of it is still relevant for the latest expansion. Had a fun time westernizing around 1856 or so and then dogpiled because I had 34 infamy from conquering. Whoops.

Was pretty easy to westernize. Get the reforms where you get more research points from conquering then go island hopping.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

There's also a National Focus for party loyalties.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Gotta increase bureaucracy for taxes to be meaningful.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

For those still waiting for a Heart of Darkness sale, Amazon will have it for $13.99 tomorrow.

The Amazon thread no idea if it's a steam key or not.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

HoD should be steam. AHD isn't unless you buy a certain pack

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

March of the Eagles is $9.99 today at Steam.

Wiz is currently using the game in his Azerbaijan LP.

ChikoDemono fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 20, 2013

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

LordPants posted:

I bought Vicky + all addons.

I'm Mexico, and USA keeps beating me up every 5 years. Is there anything I can do to stop this? Or is this inevitable unless you are really good at this game?

Try to get an alliance with the United Kingdom. It's pretty much the only way to survive. In a Mexico game I had, the UK and I soundly defeated the USA during the original Texas-Mexico war. Every five years since I would do the "cut down in size" CB just to get a boost in revenue.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Is there any kind of deal for preordering EU4? Any particular place thats selling it cheapest around? Want to preorder this thing, dammit.

GameFly has a 20% coupon. GFDAUG20

Europa Universalis IV comes out to $31.99

Europa Universalis IV Digital Extreme Edition comes out to $35.99

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Torabi posted:

Aww, how much will it cost? I doubt I'll survive long enough in CK2 to continue anyway. :v:

:10bux:

You can convert any save from CK2, don't have to reach the end date. In their video displaying the converter, they did the norse starting year.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

It's a DLC part of Crusader Kings 2 that you access in-game, specifically in the menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Last Emperor posted:

What's the best way to learn V2? I've been interested in getting into it for a while due to the period but it's always look very complex from the outside to me.

Kersch's LP is a good tutorial though its for the latest expansion which I recommend having.

• Locked thread