Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

I get the feeling it's not the fire Mikaila's thinking of using to blow up some goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Someone already mentioned the creepy dead things appearing in pages 104 and 105, but is that Murkoph in the background? If so, is he part of the flashback or part of the current state of things in the Khert starting to seep through?

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

It may not mean much, but I think on the Unsounded Wiki it has a list of Tainish words, one of which is 'galit' which translates to (funnily enough) 'galit'. I'm thinking that even with the supposedly cresician thugs mutilating Duane that there are definitely Blacktongue/Aldish involved with zombifying him.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Takezio posted:

And he MIGHT have rambled to Duane at least a little bit about what was going on, but Duane was too what-the-gently caress-is-happening-to-me delirious that he doesn't remember.

And I'm wondering how much Mikaila dying disrupted whatever plan they had.

I'm not sure Mikaila WASN'T part of the plan, Lemuel asked for her to come to the temple with Duane.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

I wonder if the recent pages have anything to do with Elsa's mention of core leeches? Missing their organs seems like a pretty vital flesh aspect and the khert can't affect first materials, so maybe the slavers cart is like one reality-bending glitch with the core leeches constantly trying (and failing) to remove the silver carriers.

...Christ.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Friendly coffee makes a return :3:

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Sette there is no way in hell that hiring Murkoph will work out for anyone involved. Please be back in the happy tentacle for less suicidal reasons.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Alternate theory: Sette is trying to hire Tit-Bird :v:

Fabricated posted:

That would make absolutely no loving sense

This is Sette we're talking about. Even with the recent chapters giving her confidence a knock, I wouldn't put it past her to think she can manipulate things in her favour. Having said that I don't think she's stupid enough to intentionally release him.

Intentionally.

DrSnakeLaser fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 28, 2014

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Elan seems a sure bet for death. If Starfish bites it then Murkoph is probably the replacement creep.

Also I didn't realise Starfish was heading towards Sette :gonk:

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

That silver is starting to get a bit close to Sette there.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

I hope the plod handler gets out ok, he's the only one with any actual sense near the silver.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Captain Bravo posted:

Haha, what the gently caress, that bird has tits.

This dream is getting real weird real fast, I don't wanna see any more.

Don't worry, the tits were inside the bird!

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Murkomania running wild.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why did everyone ignore the silver growing out from the boat? Even if they weren't thinking it would go off so rapidly, how would the boat manage to sail with tendrils rooted in the building itself? I'm just bothered by the efforts to unblock the passage and not the magic-immune metal.

Also I feel like Dawn's hair is coloured with a pymaric, which I'm sure will turn out fine.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

I take it back about the Plod handler, he was dumb enough to stick around so he's fair game.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

That monster is radical and Jivi should be incredibly thankful he got away in time.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

The Silver-flesh-lump-monster looks similar to the wandering root from the first chapter, of all things. Maybe the Black Toungue's found a way to create Senet beasts.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Please don't transform and eat Dawn's face, baby. :ohdear:

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

It's a nice touch with Duane's pymaric eyes also being blocked out along with Boo.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Maybe Duane will meet Elan on one of his Khert excursions?

:smith:

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Someone mentioned in the comments that General Bell also has a bite mark on his throat, although I have no idea what that means for the story. Sonorie is setting up her own coup?

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Oof, these last few pages. Some of the comments on the site are better at lying to themselves than Sette if they think Nary didn't sell her out.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

So are Iori and Lori twins? They certainly look similar.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

I hope no one has a fear of holes for these pages.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Ruffles is adorable, so she's obviously going to die :smith:

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

With the Gefendur twin sacrifice, I always assumed the surviving twin had to cannibalize the other but is it the queen instead?

If that's the case then maybe Bell tasting blood is also a power play.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Something about the hover text it's not safe to die is incredibly unsettling but I'm sure Cope has even worse wonders in store. :kheldragar:

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

From the comments asking what the blue juice is that Bastion keeps being force-fed:

Ashley posted:

Strychnine that won’t kill him. His signature torture juice. He used to torture the hell outta that kid right along with the two-toes, and didn’t see a great deal of difference between them when it came to fodder for his experimentation.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

isndl posted:

What's the significance of titty bird in this scene? Is titty bird here to watch torn titties be thrown?

One theory I've seen is that this is the female equivalent of the Blacktongue initiation.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

So Jivvi's hat being used as a soup bowl was just a pleasant side effect of robbing everyone.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Motherfucker posted:

Oh cmon its no less gruesome than a regular landmine

Based on Ashleys comment,

Ashley posted:

Soon as a certain Material comes in contact with it - boot leather, rawhide, human skin - it lashes up with a spell to expand the Contour Aspect of any Human Blood it encounters. So your blood swells until your body gives, and you burst like a fat tick.

In my original script it was just an incendiary landmine but I thought that was a little dull for this world.

Landmines just don't cut it in the magical explosive gore factor for Unsounded :unsmigghh:

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Unsounded: poo poo storm's a comin', lemon!

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

New updates, and the Dhammakhert has a new, terrible use to add to it's growing list of atrocities.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

Ding. I think Mallory's just gearing up; it's not an accident that the Silver lieutenant was the first to take a run at Roger. The Jets are frothing, and the Coppers are getting there shortly.

It's been a while since we've seen Will on the page; has anybody been able to figure out where he is? I got odds that his arm comes off Monday, or Wed if we skip the Monday update.

Will is still being held by Dhampir, I think you can just about see him under her arm.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Jeez, Claggart popping his arm out of socket trying to kill Roger. It seems like the Etalarche curse takes out a lot of bystanders as well.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Another of Duane's good qualities is the face he's pulling in this update.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Out of all the messed up body horror things in the comic, this is the one that makes me nauseous.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

This is almost responsible fatherly behaviour from Quigs. Or as close as we're going to get.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

How specific can Sette be with the amulet? I get the feeling Sara is going to get murdered on stage if she hasn't worked on the details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Pierson posted:

I think it's meant to be a pymary glamour or maybe a POV shot because there's no way everyone else is that calm and willing to argue with Duane if people were for-real shattering like clay pots.

It's a POV, Duane saw the kids as faceless things just before he burnt the painting of Queen Sonorie , which was only slightly before he had to be put down for the night so this doesn't bode well.

I honestly expected the pageant to go disastrously wrong with the arrival of Toma and Elka but it seems the kids are doing okay on their own.