Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

Thanks for the invite to DGKK last night. Looking forward to sorcerin' it up with some bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

I just tested this and moved my 25 warrior to Mount Tyrannas. The box that pops up says the restriction is still level 40, but it let me go ahead and do it anyway. When I selected my 17 Berserker, it said it was unavailable.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

I thought Popori just looked like raccoons or whatever. I then went into the Popori character creator to actually see what they were.

Oh my word. I have never been so wrong.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Velveteen posted:

If you make a popori make sure the tails match. Don't make like a ferret popori with a stupid raccoon tail. That totally doesn't fit and drives me crazy.

I'm gonna make a pug popori with a cat tail.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

I tried my warrior the other day and it looks like they had a lot of changes since I played them, as there was a tonne of skills to buy from the trainer. I'm only level 25 with him but can't remember how to play at all, and getting four or five new skills didn't help much.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Yeah I play with one. Download MotioninJoy Dualshock 3 tool and you should be able to make your controller emulate an Xbox controller - this was the only way I could get mine to work in game.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Are the rewards for BAM quests worth it? When I hit one with my most powerful attack and did less than 1% of it's HP I gave up instantly.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

I am only playing this casually for an hour or so every day so I don't mind being relegated to an alt guild or whatever. IGN is Kytain, if you want to kick me.

I like having people to chat with while I play and maybe group up with, but since i'm leveling at the minute and also on EU time I tend to just do solo quests since it's easier than finding people of my level range that aren't just the general public (I read chat, I don't want to team with any of them because I am too afraid).

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

I just quit out of DGKK but I don't think I can actually join a guild on my sorcerer for like 5 days. I will join KGDK on my Warrior instead. I will apply on Kalyr.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

That last shot is awesome. Pretty excited for when I get to that zone, though i'm only in my 20's at the moment and that place is probably like, the end game.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

How do the priest and mystic class compare to eachother? I like the idea of buffing dudes more than the idea of just plain healing, but it said that mystics use summons to help them and I hate pet classes in MMO's. What do each one offer that's different than the other?

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Okay, thanks guys.

I'm playing a Slayer at the moment, and just joined my first group to fight the basilisks. I tried fighting one straight up and did pretty well but mis-timed a dodge and got wrecked, so figured it was better to just team up. It was a lot of fun, I hope the rest of the group content stays that way.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Yeah I love how damage is avoidable and that I can actually come away from fights without taking a hit.

After trying a couple of classes i'm currently on a Slayer and I think it's the class for me so far. Decent damage and melee which is always more fun than ranged in my opinion. I was just going out of Popilion or whatever that town is called to start questing in that zone, and found these two wolves with red names but I don't think they were BAMs, just harder enemies or something? Either way, I took them on, and while my tactic ended up being "do backflip kick to stun them, whirlwind + overhead strike, run away til backflip kick was off cooldown" it worked pretty well and I ended up winning with a fraction of my HP left.

If this had been an MMO like WoW, i'd have had no chance as a melee class since it'd have just been me missing while they did a third of my HP a hit with no way to avoid it.

When I was teaming up to fight the Basilisks earlier it was me, 2 warriors and a sorcerer. The sorcerer obviously didn't take damage, but both the warriors ended each fight with no health. They both died at least once too. I was coming away from the fights on full health, and while I know I wasn't tanking them, I did solo one and it was easy enough to avoid as long as I was smart about it. I think the warriors just sucked.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Yeah as my Slayer i've started pulling the entire amount of mobs I need for a quest at once, then just burning through them. The first time I did it I went from pulling 2 mobs to pulling 12 and was pretty concerned for my safety, but it turns out it wasn't that bad!

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Basically even if the chat isn't talking about them, the next time you look at it the subject will be Elin, and the topic will be the worst.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Due to this event just showering me in keys and the fact while leveling he was a magnet for lockboxes, my Castanic warrior now has his very own Kill BAM jumpsuit :allears: It cost me like 1100G but it was worth every penny, because he looks amazingly out of place and that's what this game is all about, right?

Though, I am only level 25. Maybe I should have saved that cash. OH WELL.

edit - oh god so i've just managed to get into a zone with no map and no anything at all and I don't know how to get out. To get in I jumped over a little wall that I probably shouldn't have been able to outside Sinistral Manor or whatever it's called teleportal, and then fell off a giant cliff (which looked hilarious). It's quite a pretty place but there's no map, no enemies or allies or flora or anything.

bonus underwater horse

Thievery fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Feb 19, 2013

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Unbound posted:

Is it worth it to by keys in bulk, open boxes, then sell the goods? I've had good luck with the keys that I get from the post so far and I've been thinking about it.

I don't think it's worth buying them but I think using the ones you get free is great. So far I managed to get up to around 1100G on a new character, buy a thing for 1000G, then make it back in the first box I opened.

If you're feeling lucky though, go for it. Now is probably a good time to buy them assuming people are selling lower than 100G, I suppose.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

I didn't even know side saddle was a video game thing. I play male characters because they are ripped like me.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

If I ever made an MMO, i'd make it so if you were roaming an area you shouldn't be able to get to, there's just horrific creatures that will come out of the ground/ocean and eat your character.

Every time i'm in a zone with nothing in I feel like this is about to happen. It's something about being where you're not meant to be, and as a newbie to TERA, I didn't know if it was a common thing or not.

How amazing would it be to just have the ground explode around you as your character gets snared, and the creepiest, most terrifying thing you can think of emerges, moves slowly towards you, wraps it's arms around you and pulls you into it's mouth. That would freak me the gently caress out haha.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

An Unoriginal Name posted:

Dear everyone applying: guild is full! Sorry. You'll be accepted in once space is made (soon).

If you have tried applying recently try again just to be sure someone didn't throw out your app or tried to accept it when we were full.

You can come join the other guild with me and the other 15 people in it :unsmith:

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

So happy to hear you disabled PVP there. While I was there a week or so ago on my sorcerer, the then-vanarch disabled PVP for like an hour and the area chat was just so much rage. Death threats and so on. People get really upset when they can't gank their lowbies!

edit - how long are you Vanarch for? Is it a week or a month?

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

w00tazn posted:

"paying 50g via mail for the location of any Dragongod Knightkings member outside of a town PST"

This vanarchy has been so good so far.

If you guys aren't all just gathering in the same locations and inviting them into a massive trap you're not playing the game right.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

The Lumbergate Scandal.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

I just found out something pretty amazing about Slayers that has made mine go from "pretty fun" to "pretty fun and unkillable". I'm just level 30, but it turns out the glyph that says "Heals you for 3% immediately" on overhead strike actually heals you for 3% per target hit apparently. It's made me go from killing everything but running low on HP sometimes to killing everything but keeping full HP.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Zasraik posted:

I read through the OP and the official website, but their class descriptions seem to be meager at best. What class in TERA is considered the jack of all trades? It's all right if it's the master of none as well. In WoW I loved my druid, in Guild Wars 2 I have my engineer. I played a necromancer in Everquest, but that doesn't count. I like being able to have my cake and eat it too. If that's not possible, I guess I'll default to a heavy class.

I have limited knowledge but Berserker is a heavy armour DPS class with self healing attacks, and Warrior is a medium armour class who can DPS or tank. I don't think there's any other "hybrid" classes of any kind in TERA though I might be wrong, i've only played a couple of them. The warrior is really the only one i'd say can do more than one thing well.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Yeah there's that half-second where you can pass through enemies and I always thought that bit was invincible.

Up until I saw that Popori Slayer video earlier I didn't realise how loving COOL their dodge were (I assume that's what they were doing when they just breakdance on the sword?). So cool.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

I am enjoying these threads and all I am doing is posting hugely supportive short phrases in them. People sure are mad. I like how that one guy that posted both these threads is of the opinion you must have exploited to get voted in. He is obviously a huge ganker and just can't deal with this.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

As a Slayer I have to really do this anyway, due to Overhead Strike attacking in a line. I made a Lancer yesterday just to have a quick play as them and was surprised that the lance hits 3 times at once. Felt pretty strong but I only played it very quickly to level 3 or whatever.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

So i'm level 33 at the minute and am questing in Pora Elinu (kill me) but I am just aimlessly following my story quests to the zones it tells me to go to. I noticed that I have unlocked a buttload of new flight paths when I hit 30 - Can I just go to these places and begin questing there too, or is it recommended to follow the story?

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Okay, I figured i'd get everywhere eventually anyway but so far i've spent my entire in-game life just in this one tiny corner of the world. It looks like there's so much to go out and see but all my quests are just Velika and Poporia. I did have to go to Chebika and sorta liked the look of that place but after doing all the quests in the mine I unlocked another story one that sent me to Cutthroat harbour - and again, once that was over, it was back to Poporia.

I've only been to like 5 zones in the entire world. At the moment I sorta went off the story mode path and found my way into the Eldritch Manor which is really cool, so i'm questing here. The enemies are 2 levels above me but that counts for nothing, especially when I can still gather up a room full and AOE them down with Slayer power.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Yeah it's all about the broker.

I keep finding a bug with my Slayer which I find hilarious. If you overhand strike on a target but hit a terrain hiccup mid swing, your guy will just hop up in the air a little then as he lands the enemy takes the overhand damage.

It's pretty great to just bunnyhop someone to death.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Tried to solo a BAM just for the sake of it. I'm level 36, it was one of those giant rock monsters in the desert that look like rocks until you hit them.

Did fine for a bit, got cocky, died. I'll have to try it on some lower level stuff to get back into it.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Question to Slayers - does Heart Strike have this stupid minimum range thing or am I just incredibly bad at hitting with it? The attack seems pretty strong but if i'm in melee it'll always just go through the enemy unless I make an effort to step back before striking.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

My Slayer is human, so a bit bigger than Castanic. I don't know what the issue really is but I feel it's when i'm too close...though even with that said, i've had times where i'll step back but still miss with it even if it looks like i've hit dead on.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

I've been playing my warrior some more and just hit level 28, and got Traverse Cut/Blade Draw. They make combat go a lot quicker and easier, but I still feel like i'm taking a lot of damage in fights without really having a way to restore my health. On my slayer I can kill forever and never really have an issue, but on this warrior i'll have to stop after a short while and wait around to regen.

What's the most efficient way to regen health outside of combat without having your own personal priest? I never had to use any potions or bandages on my slayer but i'm pretty tired of having to wait for so long now i'm playing this guy.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

At level 28? Have you tried Pristine Vigorous armor crystals? I'm not fully aware of how big a Warrior's HP pool is at that level, but I'm thinking at least having four of them stacked in Superior armor would still make a difference in slowing the health bleed during grinding.

Neat, I picked some up. I always forget about crystals, and all my gear is just stuff from quests. Just threw 3 into my armour and it's like +100HP a sec which is great.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

I just finished a level 41 story quest, that involved me fighting a semi-BAM then a noruk who summoned two additional BAM's as it got low on health. I didn't expect the noruk, yet alone the two other BAM's, but I got through it since they died as I killed the noruk. Was pretty intense, but a lot of fun. So much more fun than generic gather them up and AOE them down gameplay.

I really want to do a dungeon but getting in as a DPS isn't ideal.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

I was planning to get to 50 so I would get the mount tomorrow, but after a hectic couple of days where I didn't have a chance to play i'm stuck at level 44 and can't see myself getting 6 levels in what, 12 hours? Oh well, shades are good enough :unsmith:

edit - not that I need them on my main, though.

Thievery fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 23, 2013

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

I logged on to claim my rewards for the leveling event and realised my warrior is now Liquid Snake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

HandsomeBen posted:

Oh nice, I have a 27 Lancer I'll be moving then.

Edit: Or not. You have to be at least level 40. Guess I have a goal for this weekend.

You can do it at 20, the page says 40 but if you click it it'll say 20.

• Locked thread