Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Why can the gunner cast their basic attack on the move while other classes can't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I played this game back when it launched for a (free) month, got to 60, ran some dungeons but that was it. I'm giving it another try now, starting fresh. What are the main things I should know? I remember back then the US version was superior, even to the point of having content patches earlier but that seems to have been remedied? Why else should I shun EU?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Flesh Forge posted:

So I did the first dungeon with my Mystic and a bunch of random people who had queued, and we didn't have a proper tank but it still went very well with me just kinda trying to throw some healing here and there and trying not to get lost. One of the 3 gunners did die once on the first boss but other than that everyone stayed up. I have no idea how to keep track of people without target selection and following, when everyone's bouncing and rolling around the room like a bunch of fruits but it was fun anyway.

I am leveling a priest and the first dungeon where you actually have to start paying attention to health bars is Sabex armory (61).

I am having the same issue though - not only is everyone constantly running around but friendly health bars are so tiny and get OBSCURED by boss models which just makes me go :psyduck: . Am I missing a setting in options somewhere that would make them bigger at least?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

lewtt posted:

Am I doing the right stuff and the community is poo poo, or should I be doing something prior to this?

Also framerate. I've tried every s1 config file edit that I could find on google. I've got a i5 6970 so I was kind of hoping I could net more than 30 frames in combat and town. Am I missing something with this either, or is the UI really based on macromedia shockwave?

Just keep trying I suppose, I am in the same situation on my priest as you, just hit 65 and the only instance I can get upgrades from has 30min queues or +12 requirements in LFG. At least your queue is instant :negative:

As for the framerate, the game is extremely badly optimized even though UE3 is one of the best engines ever made. No matter your rig you won't get stable 60 fps ever unless you are soloing.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Oh and I just learned that the only 5 man dungeon available to me as a fresh 65 can only be entered once a day. Yeah.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
What am I missing about the jewelry and armor (ambit) that drops from instances compared to the gear I got from the story line? Because the stuff I have is like 30 item levels higher. Sure, not enchantable but even enchanting the ambit armor only brings it on par with what I already seem to have?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Pro tip: if you join a guild, you cannot join another one for 7 days because Korea.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So, about crystals: fine brilliant niveot, the lvl 65 crystal, costs 400 reputation marks or like 1000 gold on trade broker and restores 42 MP/5, while fine brilliant crux is lvl 58, costs about 10 gold or drops all around the world from BAMs and restores 41MP/5.

Again I must be missing something here.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Red Suit posted:

Me and a friend are trying this game out tonight and I was wondering if it was super pay to win. From what I've seen the gameplay looks more involved for an mmo and I like that but pay to win stuff irks me.

There's cosmetic stuff and the standard XP boosters and whatnot but it also allows you bypass Korean RNG crap for cash so it is slightly pay to win.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

KaneTW posted:

Gameforge is the devil. If you value your time delete and get the NA version

I asked earlier in the thread and noone said why, could you elaborate? I know at launch they were behind on content patches but that's not true anymore, is it?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
If only the current endgame wasn't so light on content. BR is a fun dungeon, SC as well (I suppose, haven't actually seen it myself because no one will take you without +12 gear and 'skilled' on the character tab) but that's all there is.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I loving love the dungeon clears tab - it's like 'link achievement in WoW' except literally 10x worse (beacuse you need 10, yes, 10 clears before it says skilled and without skilled you won't get into any groups).

Man, if only actual good MMOs had this combat system, not this Korean crap :(

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So, how the hell do people pay for all the MES/MWA you need to get you gear anywhere? I spent all the MES I got so far on trying to MW one piece (failed, of course) and I'm down to 40k gold, most which comes from my old lvl 60 char. MWA is 100g, MES 500 on my server.

I suppose most simply buy the stuff from cash shop, it's not possible otherwise.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

KaneTW posted:

MES are 40 gold here, MWA is 25 gold.

Oh, I see. Yeah, I'm on EU-Fraya (supposedly the most populated PvE realm). I wonder why are the prices so different, something to do with Gameforge I guess ? :(

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

WarLocke posted:

What's tanking like in this game? I might try a lancer...

Extremely satisfying compared to tab target MMOs.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Well, it does make sense from a business perspective. The Steam page never mentions it's the US version.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Flesh Forge posted:

Perfect sense in that you should prevent competition rather than improve your product to the point where it's the more attractive choice, sure!

They hold publisher rights for Europe and they don't want the US version competing with them via something as prolific as Steam. Though the damage has probably been done already.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
It seems to me it depends on class: on my priest I can't tell a difference between full idoneal and full +12 discovery. Heals heal for roughly the same and even though I should in theory have much better survivalability, in practice I really can't see it, I'm getting hit for the same damage.

On lancer, as long as I block properly, I don't see much of difference either, except it's nearly impossible to hold aggro with idoneal against discovery dps. I have healed full idoneal lancer alts in brhm/scnm and again, as long as they blocked it went fine.

I don't play a DPS class but from what I can see, the difference between idoneal and discovery is like the difference between night and day. Seems like it doubles or even triples your output. The extra green lines on weapon especially are huge.

I personally went ambit +9 because it's cheap, MW ambit weapon, then discovery. I main a priest though. If you play dps and are rich you should just probably get a crafted disc weapon.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
It's all learning, though he has a nasty triple hit attack that he sometimes uses that will kill you, watch out for that. I believe he turns when he does it. That's pretty much the general rule of thumb of bosses - as long as they are facing the tank, you are relatively safe, once they turn be ready to spam dodge button.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Flesh Forge posted:

Holy poo poo that looks fun. I had an expression just like the Tuwangi dudes at the end. I like the punch mans thing.

Is this going in on July 7?

The new dungeons and berserker tanking, yes. The new class is coming this summer to KTera so it will be 6+ months before it's in NA/EU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
The brawler feels like a class from a completely different (and much better) game.

• Locked thread