Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
So how do I PvP as a sorc? I know I can't do poo poo to gankers above my level, but similar to my level I should be able to put the hurt on at least.

My main problem is that most of my powerful skills are slow, and they can kill me before the fast/weak spells can take them down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Phosphia posted:

I take it you're still leveling then. Sorcs are also very good at PvP while leveling, much better than most classes. Don't try to use any charge up attacks really, just use your abilities to keep yourself at range. Around 20+ the lock on skills are the best, combined with magma bomb. At level 20 I was able to kill three people at my own level simply due to the good kite abilities and that one nasty sleep lock-on skill.

Ice Needle is also much faster now after the recent patch, along with a couple other spells.

46, actually. I powerleveled so haven't done any PVP aside from the occasional "get ganked in lumbertown".

Mostly, it's because I'm white and they get to initiate combat while I'm busy with some trash mob. So I start at a disadvantage.

Stuns are what nail me, they start with a stun and I'm mincemeat before it wears off.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Velveteen posted:

We're third! Don't get stuck in Arcadia or we'll be the noob vanarch of noobs!

I also have a feeling we're not getting votes from our allies, or maybe Lolicon just has that many allies.

So is voting the only way to do it, or can we kill some people for our space?
Because gently caress democracy.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

gibbed posted:

So save up the necessary gold and buy it from the broker.

Yeah, gold is pretty easy to come by. I saved up 3k just leveling and dumping crap on the AH. Locked strongboxes go for a stupid amount, given how common they are and how useless they are (Seriously, how do you not have more strongboxes than keys? Are you dumping hundreds of $ on the market?)

I'm generally wearing quest-reward gear, with the exception of my weapon which was 20 gold (and doubled my attack power), so no money spent there. If I don't hit 60 with 4k saved up, something went terribly wrong.

That's not even counting the ~4-5k I have available due to the tawny pack.

In hilariously inept news, I tried to PUG Ascent of Saravash last night, with... less than stellar results. Apparently nobody in the party could figure out that the gigantic red circle and flashing "FANGSPAWN IS EMITTING POISON!" meant "move out of the big AOE nuke". The priest kept dying and we ran out of res cooldowns for him - oh, except we wouldn't have, but dumbshit rezzed _ME_, the sorcerer, instead of the priest, wasting his 20 minute cooldown.

Eventually the tank said 'gently caress it' and soloed the guy while the rest of us corpses watched. Next boss two weren't as much of a problem, people comprehended "kill baby basilisks while tank handles daddy, then focus on mom to keep her away". Saravash himself obliterated us, and we gave up.

Oh and to add insult to injury one douchebag went AFK so we couldn't disband the party, and we had to eat the 30 minute instance debuff. Yay.

I really hope that isn't as miserable if I do it with a real group, because that was godawful.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Lamhirh posted:

Ascent of Saravash is brutally difficult at its intended level range. Same with Sigil Adstringo and Suryati's Peak. They were originally 58 dungeons in Korea, when that was the level cap, but were scaled down. They probably should have just been scaled up to 60, as they're pretty fun and challenging. But they're much, much more difficult than anything you'll face while leveling up. With no story tied to them, one quest each, and low droprate BoP loot, usually nobody bothers to do them. If you actually get a BoP you can use to drop, you can usually use it for a long time. The lance from Saravash is the best you can get prior to 60 I think.

Yeah, despite grumbling, it was actually a fun dungeon. Something of a challenge (finally) instead of the complete cakewalk everything up to it has been. I guess I got lucky with Sigil Adstringo, I ran it twice with a good party each time and it wasn't too bad.

As DPS, what I do doesn't really matter. I try to stay out from underfoot and just keep making the red bar get smaller. That's why it sucks to get paired with bad tanks who have zero aggro skills - I spend a bunch of time running away instead of doing anything useful. Having silent (and worthless) party members doesn't help either. I definitely appreciate a mystic in party more than a priest though, crit aura + blue balls of DPS really shorten the amount of time a long slog takes. Especially since I can dump mana regen and convert to a full stack of +boss damage crystals.

Honestly though, I was just venting that people were that bad in their 50s. I know you can fail upward on a carebear server, but how do people this bad survive when their angry groups can KoS them?

Harik fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 19, 2013

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Alasuojus posted:

I kind of liked this game when I tried it on my laptop but I keep getting "Unable to contact reliable source" error message when trying to install it on my desktop pc. I installed the game on my laptop using happycloud so maybe that would help but I wouldn't want to install anything extra on my desktop. According to the forums people have had this problem before but it seems there is no real fix for it? The need to log in to the client before it starts patching is driving me nuts too...

turn off p2p sharing in the launcher/tools? That'll switch it from torrent-style to a direct download.

Edit: Also, Happycloud is a really good idea, because it's a 27gb game and you can play it once it loads the intro movies and the newb zone (somewhere between 2-4gb). If you have it on your lappy already, start the download, stop it, copy everything from the laptop to your PC, and use tools/repair game install. It'll crunch for a while and decide you're up-to-date.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
Is there an actual noticable speed difference between the 290 vanarch and the suite of 280-speed mounts? Someone using the default level 11 mount is obvious (and mockable) but that boring blue founder mount doesn't seem to get left behind when traveling.

Also, there's no mouselook while going in the same direction key, is there? I ask because it was only last night I found out the secret 'preview outfit look' combo button. If there is, it's not well known, because everyone I see zigzags all over the place.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Alavaria posted:

If the two people are turning here and there, no. But if you're both zipping along a nice open area in a straight line, it's discernible.

I'm going to infer from the non-response to the second half of my question that no, the developers didn't see the need to grace us with the ability to look somewhere without running towards it.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Alavaria posted:

Ironically, you can.

Start running. While holding down "w", press enter. Now you can let go of "w", then press enter again to exit the chat. Your character will continue to run, but you can now move the camera independently.

I do this all the time, yes.

I've tried this, it doesn't work right. W, enter, release W, enter again - I keep running, but the camera is back to turning me.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Tensei posted:

I've had it since it was available and I really can't see myself playing without it. The daily 1 hour XP boost is nice for the level 52-58 grind, but once you hit 60, Elite status gives you ~2000 gold for your daily quests, while you can only make about ~500 without it. Prices on the trade broker have increased correspondingly, so everything is twice as expensive as before the game went F2P, and you'd have to do a ton of grinding to get decent gear without elite status.

Is it really? Because prices for enchant fodder have tanked in the AH, to the point that all the blues I go to list are selling for less than vendor trashing them. This is at 59, so it's not lumbertown junk. Still, 6k in the bank should give me a start - and I haven't sold off the tawny pack toys because I can't decide if I want to keep the mount or not yet. I figure 'waiting for the price to keep going up' is a good plan.

If they re-price the 7-day atlas so it's less than $30/month I'll look into getting it. If they make elite chronoscrolls I'll probably end up buying them, though.

Hint for new players: Keep a stack of 50 of each gathering thing at each level (Ore/fiber/essence) When you hit (level 58, I think) they give you a quest to turn it in in 5 towns, for an extra inventory row. I had to buy-back the low-end stuff from the AH because I'd dumped it as junk.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
Hurrah for endgame.

Attempt at nexus #1: Died to monsters that never loaded, ended up in a raid, died to mobs that didn't load inside the instance, somehow didn't trigger the appropriate flag and got no credit for doing it.

What do you need to do at the end of traverse to actually get credited for doing traverse?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
Well I've learned an impressive new way to gently caress people over in this game. As tank, wipe the rest of your party when boss is nearly dead, then kill him. Wait for loot to go public, take it all. Laugh at them in black&white, and leave.

I didn't bother saying anything, it wouldn't have changed anything, and it was only normal mode. Explains why I died twice right at the end - vicious.vix was working to drag the big attacks at everyone else.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Alavaria posted:

You can usually do your 20 and turn them all in within 20 minutes.

Accordingly, gear goes for 35+k, and trying to masterwork and +12 it will easily lead to a month's worth of daily for that. By the time you've got some of the gold, the better people have already been hard at work bidding up the price, I think the items 20 days ago were like 20k, so you can imagine - after all, if you can get silly gold, so can the other people buying the relatively few things and thus you need really silly gold.

Yeah they desperately need a gold sink in this game. A vendor that sells poo poo like MES or master alk for gold - but only if you're elite. The main problem with the price inflation is that AH money goes to another player, who bids up something else. So it's not just the stupid amount of gold influx, it's that the only thing to spend it on keeps it in the economy.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

KaneTW posted:

Yeah, sure, go ahead.

Maybe discuss this on the clan forums and not in public? I know account sharing like this happens endgame on basically every MMO, but it's always technically against the TOS. Generally it only gets enforced if it's flagrant - but being in public is a good way to make it flagrant.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Tensei posted:

Tawnies seem to go for about 3-4k, and Semi-enigmatics for 4-5k.

more like 2500 - someone just gamed the market for them, don't expect semis to stay that high.

Totalizator posted:

http://nezroy.com/tera-guide/#intro

This is a pretty good endgame guide, adding this to the OP would be a good idea :)/

I was going to post exactly that. The only thing it's missing is pictures of the gear so you know how it looks.
Names, stats, who drops it, for every class. Lots of useful info for a new 60.

Edit: A couple minor questions. Red circle around you is obviously aggro - blue circle is what, secondary threat?

What'd we do to piss off Asylum so much? :laugh:

On the topic of PvP: do we have a battleground group or do we mostly carebear it up? I've wanted to try it but gently caress pugs.

Is anyone compiling stats on enchanting? I've been tracking mine. There's some work on the net, but it appears to be pre-overhaul so basically worthless for numbercrunching. I'm playing around with the theory that the difference between target ilevel and input ilevel has a factor - which would mean sacrificing +6 gear at the highend would be a viable strategy. Getting the +12 without fail achievement should give you +13 and a special particle effect. Seriously, that's insane.

Harik fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 1, 2013

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Demicol posted:

They patched the elite-boost abuse. There's now a 10 minute cooldown on them.

I wonder if that'll make a difference in gold influx? I.E. how much was this being abused?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Phosphia posted:

Yeah, it will. I'm assuming you can double it and it still happens twice on some days.

Three times on weekends, actually. They realized EU players are playing and added a 2am PST nexus - that'd be 10 am GMT on weekends, not too bad.

Right now there's 10 a week, looks like they're going to 12 total, with only Wednesday having none. Getting rid of the boons is nice too, they're just a nasty lag-generator. Maybe they can change the raid default to random instead of class-restricted rolls too, while they're at it.

I'm hoping the 120-player cap will help with the server lag - it's gotta be an N^2 problem with player density, and forcing them to spread out to different nexus means the same number of players require a lot less horsepower. Hopefully, at least.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
I was playing around with solo PvP and it was working out much better for me than BG - and now I know why. Every loving stun the sorc has breaks on damage. All the melee stuns don't. So if I get hit I can just get up and go refill my drink, since I have no control of my character until after the world returns from black & white. If I stun someone, I have to hope and pray that no idiot teammate blows a spitball at them and lets them out of my AoE nuke before it goes off.

Really REALLY terrible balance choice. I mean, I get how it's "supposed" to work - stun, celerity, overchannel fireblast. It just doesn't actually work that way in BG, and it makes playing a sorc in BG an incredibly frustrating experience, since you have no control over your idiot teammates loving up every single goddamned nuke you attempt.

So yeah, CC is worthless in PUG battlegrounds, as nobody understands how it's supposed to work. The only thing I can usefully do is follow around a lancer nuking every time he leashes.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

cathead posted:

good advice

I absolutely agree - it's just, if we don't have a good lancer on my team, I might as well just sit in spawn with a drinking bird tapping my spacebar to jump periodically. As a sorc, I depend 100% on specific team classes to both be competent AND well equipped, and that's around 1% of the time in BGs. Sure, I can stop someone we're chasing - for someone to hit them with a fast low-damage attack and off they go again, and I can't stop them for another 45 seconds of cooldown. I can't count how many times a lancer has leashed 5 reds OUT of my fireblast circle just before it goes off. So not only do I not hit them, but I've got limited number of much lower-damage skills to hit them with in their new stun. How hard is it to yank people INTO friendly hailstorms instead of OUT of them?

I'd absolutely believe sorcs are top ranked in BG. I generally end up in the top 5 no matter how badly our team loses - doesn't make me feel useful, just an artifact of the way the scoring system rewards AoE 'assists' and huge-damage nukes. That's what's so incredibly frustrating, being continually paired up with worthless teams.

I'll try the knockdown trap more though, that sounds especially useful anywhere there's 10v10 piling up since there's too much going on for people to see every spell effect on the ground.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

WanderingKid posted:

BAMs will one shot you if you are slow or late. Do NOT solo BAMs. Its not worth your time or effort.

At really low level you can play like an idiot because monsters don't do a whole lot of damage and you can just take it. Doing this in dungeons or against BAMs will get you owned however.

Odd, I generally use the Thrall of Protection to take the worst of the aggro, gather a huge swarm and close-range AOE them with the two terribad attack spells you get.

That said, I've only made l38 with my mystic and it's a serious drag compared to how fast I leveled as a sorc.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
I had to give up on my mystic for now - way too painful to level even in the 30s and I don't think anyone in-guild was near my level at the time.

For shits and giggles I rolled a popori as a fat bulldog smoking a pipe. I didn't want to go pure-DPS since I already have a sorcerer, so I went as a warrior. My internet poo poo the bed last night but aside from when it was really bad (30+ seconds of lag followed by returning in black&white) I was still able to get to level 25ish in one go.

I'd probably be mid 30s if I didn't have to back-quest through the tungawi swamp for some levels due to lag making it harder to play. It's amazingly easy-mode.

Do people solo warrior in defensive or aggressive stance? And are the smoke-shadow things worth while?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

So we have a pretty huge patch coming on July 2. Nobody seems to be forthcoming about posting what's in it, though, so here's what I've gathered from browsing through the official forums until I couldn't take it anymore. I'm likely missing a lot, so if anyone could add what they know, that would be appreciated.
    • Archers are getting an across the board 20% buff to the base damage of their skills, except Arrow and Arrow Volley, which are getting more.
    • Archer stances no longer decrease attack/move speed, but actually increase them by a small amount, in exchange for the stances only granting 20 instead of 50 power.
    • Heals can crit for 1.5x damage. Heals with multiple ticks can crit on individual ticks.
    • Mystics are getting thralls that aren't lovely (what)
    • Some sort of nebulous priest buff that makes them actually competitive with mystics at endgame dungeons that aren't KNHM (something to do with energy stars?)

Don't forget the most important part: They're taking our horses and turning them into glue.

RIP White Stallion.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Yeah, on a first character you should probably quest, even if you're capable of grinding, so you can build up gold.

Expect queues like that forever on a DPS, though. Just do other things, they will rarely be faster unless you're partied with a tank or healer.

The weapon gift boxes help - they're enchantable and I think best-in-tier outside from some super rare dungeon drops. When did they start those? I don't remember them on my first character but all my alts have them.

Honestly it's best to glance at quest rewards - if it drops better EQ than you have, do it.

Edit: It'd be nice if they did something for jewlery, I junk extra pieces since they're completely worthless.

There's like a half dozen in the entire game that have any value.

Harik fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 16, 2013

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

KaneTW posted:

It's a Korean thing to prevent people from grinding for hours without pause.

Combat panacea / cleric of restoration are so cheap as to make that pointless. Although I guess if kTERA has master alks available for gold they wouldn't have the hilariously terrible inflation problem we have here.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

KaneTW posted:

How can people die on ACNM meldita in ACNM period? Even in a jax chest cloth can eat everything.

Being slow as poo poo to get to your feet, basically. Meldita likes to knock you down then do the ice AOE. Couple that with the first worm spawning and it's really easy to die if you end up on your rear end.

Once you get the positioning down you're unlikely to be hit by more than one attack in a row though.

Another big problem is DPS classes don't get to do quest instances more than once - there's literal hours of queueing for them. I had no idea how much better a lancer had it - if I want to do SM, I click "Do SM right now" and teleport into the dungon 5 seconds later. It's crazy. I'm getting so much more boss practice now than I did bringing Rab up to 60. Soloing all the questline/story quest BAMs and two-manning vanarch bams.

Edit: Oh I dropped about 7500 PP in last night, turn off PvP again and give us more tears.

Harik fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 20, 2013

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

KaneTW posted:

None, really. Most of us are in No Fun Allowed (4chan guild) and I haven't logged in for weeks myself.

"dead guild/dead game"? That's pretty :smith:

Are you thinking of picking it back up in a week or two when there's the new alliance system or are you done?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
For background for people not keeping score - they rolled out the new alliance patch, with a 2-week time period to grind up 1000 contribution points to gain access to the special alliance BAM that has the crazy good drops.

3 days in, they accidentally ran the process and granted a tiny fraction of the playerbase access to the super-new content early, elected exarchs and basically hosed everything up. They decided to 'fix' it today by allowing everyone access to the special dungeons for the rest of the two weeks.

It went as well as could be expected: They wiped everyone's scores, rankings and broke all daily quests.

Servers just went down again for a rollback.

Edit: vvvv yes. Solo vault is a fat, slow BAM that drops an alliance vault ticket every other blue moon. In theory, when the servers come back up everyone should be able to do the alliance vault. We might even have working daily quests too!

Edit2: And I got distracted while answering and talked about solo vault and not alliance vault. Alliance is the 5-man that the ticket gets you access to, and normally requires you to wait 2 weeks for the server to get around to making you an alliance member and eligible for it.

Harik fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 20, 2013

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
I figured this should probably be noted, because the vault tickets were as high as 9k a pop, people might want to know how to not waste them:

Every entrance eats a ticket, no matter what. BAM won't spawn (or gate won't open, some lockout) if there aren't 5 people in the instance.
Verify every party member is eligible before entering.
If you crash, you burn a ticket to get back in.
If 4 people got in and one wasn't eligible, you all burned tickets for nothing.
If you don't disband your group and reform before going in again, the BAM won't spawn and you burned your tickets for nothing.
* Possible other undocumented gotchas that cause you to burn a ticket for nothing.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Lyer posted:

Never buy any gear to upgrade and/or spend money on fodder (lovely gear used to enchant weapons) because when you're leveling the quest rewards you'll inevitably get are miles better than the stuff you can currently buy/enchant. Basically you want to save all your gold until you hit level 60 so you can buy an level 60 set. The power creep that comes from gear in this game isn't gradual, it just loving jumps at times.

The weapon boxes every 10 levels are the best you can get at the time, period. Throw +6 at them and they'll hold you for 5-6 levels.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
Some non-goon took over DGKK promising to bring it back to life.
24 hours later they said 'gently caress it' and quit for XIII.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

KaneTW posted:

Hahahaha. I kind of expected that honestly. Did she at least pass GM back to me?

You're so adorable!

No it's on her alt, of course. I'll ask for it myself as basically the only active member without off-guild alts.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
Trying to decide between a slayer and zerker for my close DPS class.

Main is a (really good) endgame sorc who routinely gets a red ring of awesome DPS. I've got a level 55 lancer so no point in skipping a whopping 3 levels, and my wife is rolling a healer.

Slayer has better stuns 1v1 PvP, zerker is basically 'you stop it, I drop it'?

In endgame dungeons, does the zerker block work out better than the slayer's iframe jumps?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
kTERA patch notes:
"Fixed the issue where players were able to used the "jump macro" to skip terrain and obstacles."

RIP mountaineering. Honestly that may be a dealbreaker for me, because it's fun and challenging. Hopefully they just fix some instance skip exploits (but why? No point in making them tedious when you can kill the queen in 7 minutes flat) instead of breaking all climbing.

RIP alliance too: Their idiotic new reward system is winner-take-all for the mega-raid (aside from like 10 players who get paid for second place, and 1 who gets a trivial amount for third) so whichever faction wins the first time will have all the active players from then on.

Edit: In fact, the entire next patch is a mix of good and :psyduck: changes.

http://teratoday.com/tera-news/asia/ktera-sept-26-patch-preview

They "fixed" crafting by getting rid of intermediate junk - great, but now how do you get your crafting levels up? And aside from conjunct which you make exactly once, there's still no reason for anything but alchemy - the entirety of 1-59 weapon/armor crafting (which was nearly worthless to begin with) is completely and utterly worthless due to the new 'best at level' weapon drop system.

Harik fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 26, 2013

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Wassbix posted:

Only the players with the ranks listed below will be able to participate
Exarch (1)
Commanders (19)
Echelon I (30)
Echelon II (30)
Echelon III (40)

Doesn't this actually make it so you join the losing side and not the other way around.

Or atleast the least populated side.

No, because only the exarch and commanders get anything at all on the losing side. So those other 100 players get nothing at all for participating.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Lyer posted:

Wow double drop is fantastic for KG, I got 18 molten tokens between 2 characters.

Elite I guess? It was bugged for triple drop on friday, so I got 3 chests + 6 tokens on my run.

Only 2/4 today though.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Wassbix posted:

Nope, its super newbie friendly. Its recently gotten a nice influx of people. Super helpful too, I got to 60 doing pure CS and Wanderingkid helped me get geared up and ran me through couple dungeons.

I can run CS with you as well since you're level 30. Its a Battleground that gives a tonne of xp and gold.

Yeah we just got a bunch of experienced players and new players together and ran dungeons - 2 carry, 3 learn. A lot of us have lower-level alts that we play, it's just that right this instant people are learning and gearing our welfare 58s - getting dropped into endgame without the learning curve is actually fairly tough. I'll go back to my 30-range warrior and mystic pretty soon and work with people at that level range.

Seconding corsair's stronghold, where you're promoted to temporary 60 with level-60 gear. You're still lagging in crystals (can't use lvl58 crystals if your real gear can't) and you don't have your unique lvl60 skills, but you can still contribute. It's also a way to get one strongbox key a day for free, get your belicarium and KS credits, and good XP to boot. You can PvP your way from 30 to 60 via the win rewards and daily quest reward.

Question of my own:

Steadfast/Wonderhome gear is BoP in WH/WHHM, I know steadfast drops unbound from some of the reward chests (prince?) Does wonderhome gear drop unbound from monarch chests?

Harik fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Sep 29, 2013

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Septimus posted:

I've seen Bind-on-Equip steadfast drop from zenith chests, but Wonderholme gear only drops in WHHM and MCHM.

Well that can't be entirely true - there's BoE WH gear on the broker.

Wassbix posted:

Dunking another premade from the Top 100 is the greatest feeling :getin: one of my last game had a 1400 rating guy lose and he effectively went from sub top 10 to out of top 100.

Can't they force-close the game to avoid getting a loss? I see so many people vanish from the losing team it's not funny.

I found a wonderful new way to grief people - Have a bunch of insanely good DPS guys queue for KG together, and splatter the giant before he makes it to the end. Have your guys out of combat (so they can ride) before he dies, and rush to the loot chest and open it. Nobody else gets poo poo.

I've become incredibly vindictive now that I have a character that actually needs to run dungeons for better gear and I have to work at it since I don't have the slayer rhythm down. I'm refusing to change my name from My.Slayer.Levelup so I get a list of people who are bad at this game and blame anything but themselves. So far my record is being instakicked 4 times in a row from CW due to my name. When I got in, I was doing more DPS as a slayer than a well-geared sorc - so I voted to kick him and the other guy agreed. Knowing I blocked his last chance at double-drop zenith chests made me warm inside.

My new ride also goes well with the .Levelup name:

Harik fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 1, 2013

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Presteign posted:

I can tell everyone's really excited about Reapers tomorrow! Patch notes are up for anyone that cares, http://tera.enmasse.com/news/patch-notes/patch-2604

Loli of War is a fun enough class, really moves around a lot. Basically you start at 58, ilvl 138 which isn't terrible. I don't see the new crafting being that useful, though - yay you can grind one skill up to 800 and make useless crafted gear that nobody wants. I only played through the tutorial though, I'll see about getting to 60 and doing some of the dailies.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Sync posted:

As far as I know myself and Puda are the only ones left from DGKK who are now in NFA. Outside of NFA there are probably plenty of goons around in other guilds, but from DGKK we're the only two that I know of.

I'm still around from time to time as well. I stick in DGKK since I don't play very often (in fact, someone accept Rabaz, my loli-in-chains character).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Fenarisk posted:

Tried playing the last hour, and I've been disconnected about 4 times. Is this normal or are the servers making GBS threads themselves? This is on Mount Tyrannas connecting from central US.

Really not normal. They used to have that problem when Nexus was a free-for-all, but since they split the sites more and capped at 120 players it's gone away. For me, all the disconnects lately have been my shittastic ISP, not their servers.

• Locked thread