Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

quantum_squirrel posted:

That's whiter than white. That video is a perfect "How not to do a video for your Kickstarter".
Someone should really do an awful kickstarter bingo.

I couldn't find any decent bingo card templates, so I made this terrible thing in Word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

It seems to be pretty clear that Kickstarter won't remove a funded project unless it's outright illegal. Explicitly violating their TOS doesn't matter--I've reported those colored ziploc bags, those steel cups, and a couple other projects that were clearly just buying poo poo from Chinese wholesalers and making a project to profit hugely from them, but nothing ever happens. Simply passing Kickstarer's 'review' process seems to mean that they don't think it violates their rules and won't do anything about it unless something exceptional happens.

After all, removing it means that they don't get their cut of the project. Penny Arcade's was borderline at best, but KS made $26,000 from it.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Came across this, and it just seems particularly bad.
LEDGE; A Minimal Wall Mount for iPad & Other Tablets
Or, more accurately, put it in a narrow slow on a narrow shelf attached to the wall by 3M Command Strips.

You get a minimally-milled aluminum bar for a mere $28! And then you can put your $200-600 tablet in it, secured only by a slight angle and a dollar's worth of adhesive (ok, you can use screws or anchors, but that only secures the shelf; the device can still be easily tipped out).
I suspect it will get funded; 20 days left and it's more than halfway there.

(Bingo checklist: iAccessory, aluminum finish, minimalistic design, device stand, risks destroying expensive device)

Pyroclastic has a new favorite as of 04:47 on Jul 8, 2013

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

QwertyAsher posted:

Fanboy poo poo is always on dicey grounds because IP holders have a duty to enforce their claim on their properties, or they could lose the copyright. It can be kind of up in the air as to whether or not they'll go after a zero-budget labor of love but a 'professional' quality production that wants half a million dollars is either going to sign some papers with SE or end up on the losing end of a court battle. Stuff like eight bit theatre made money, but it is probably protected under fair use as parody.

You're thinking of trademark law, not copyright law. If you fail to defend your trademark, you risk losing it entirely.
Copyright law has no such provision--they can go after you whenever they want, regardless of how they defended it in the past. If you've been pirating something in its 150th year, one year before copyright expires (life+70 years), and the owners have never before enforced it, they're still entirely within their rights to sue you for infringement.

8-Bit Theater's parody status is questionable; Penny Arcade couldn't claim it for their American McGee's Strawberry Shortcake strip because it was parodying American McGee's Alice, not Strawberry Shortcake. 8-Bit Theater wasn't really parodying FF1, it was parodying the genre using assets from the game. He was basically just lucky Square never decided to be assholes about it and he never tried to really merchandise the strip (you'll note there are no books or games based on it; the only things in his shop using the game assets are 4 t-shirts).

The FF7 fan film isn't parody, and it's clearly a derivative work; SE would be entirely within their rights to squash it at any point in its development. Fan games have been stopped years into development and months from release.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

PassTheRemote posted:

Huh, I backed that game. drat shame, it looked interesting, and pewter figures looked really nice. I'm not expecting a refund.

Anyway, Bitcoin printer:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/299052466/piper-a-hardware-based-paper-wallet-printer-and-mo

Anyway, I cannot fathom that that printer cost more than $100 to create, but he sells a model b for $200? Also, why is the second batch printers costing more than first batch?

Clearly, the printers take more and more time to mine as the available blocks decrease, so naturally their prices will go up.
Down with fiat printers!

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Zybourne Clock posted:

Give me 2000 dollars so I can cover my studio floor in gravel. Somehow this will magically make him a better artist, because it reprograms his subconsciousness or something. Personally I hope that when his year of living on gravel is over he comes to the conclusion that it didn't help him make any better art, and that what he really needed to become better was to have three hungry tigers lurking around his house.

What the hell? He wants $2000 for 4 tons of gravel. A cursory glance at local dealers shows about $350 per 12 yards of gravel, and 12 yards is upwards of 27,000 pounds of gravel.

I searched for his specific 'Mexican Beach Pebbles' and found a site selling them as 'building stones' for $580 per ton. This is more than 10x the cost of other gravels on the same page. He could get three times the amount of gravel for like 18% of the cost. He ain't buying Mexican Beach Pebbles. He's gonna buy $100 worth of typical pea gravel or cobble and pocket the difference.

Well, he would, but it won't get funded.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Jett posted:

i don't disagree, i'm just saying it wouldn't have raised over $800,000 in two days if it weren't for those two magic words, "Smartphone Controlled"

According to KickTraq, it's a 60-day funding period that started on November 26th. Nearly 20x funded in 32 days is still nothing to sneeze at.
I'd be concerned that it's at the point where there are so many backers now they'll have to scale up production, which has caused a lot of projects like this to flounder.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Autechresaint posted:

FREE copy of the game.

No, 'free video game'. He doesn't specify what game.

His webpage is timecubish.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

MrAptronym posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2022604828/sprout-hifi-stereo-amp-that-transforms-the-way-you
An amplifier for audiophiles with two knobs. I cannot tell what is special about this except for a lack of options. Its $800 so its not like its a terribly cheap option. It makes a big hooplah about having analogue, digital and bluetooth inputs? Anyway $414,693

I particularly like how they mention it comes with a 1/8" to 1/4" stereo plug adapter. They even have a picture!

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why? It'll cost them like 100 bucks to buy all the magnets wholesale.

Check out his other projects. They're all magnet and cell phone/tablet related. And the ones he didn't cancel are all massively overfunded.

But Nope is an achievement. It's literally a pair of neodymium disc magnets that cost pennies apiece and tape you can buy in 1/4" 60-yard rolls for $22 apiece that's probably good for thousands of Nopes.

It's still got 40 days of funding left.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

So if it's permanently taped in place, why use a magnet at all?

This is just layers and layers of stupidity.

One magnet is taped solidly in place. The other magnet is attached only through the magnetism to the taped magnet. It's slightly thinner than the taped one, so it can rotate freely around the taped one without actually touching the device's surface (so it won't scuff the glass or whatever). It's basically just a hinge with no mechanical linkage. It can come off easily (so you'll probably lose it within a week).

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

If someone's spying on you via your device's camera they've likely got the mic going as well.

That's when you buy another roll of 3M 5mil tape, source some dense foam on alibaba, and make another revolutionary 1000% funded kickstarter project.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Tracula posted:

Edit: I forgot if it was crowd funded technically but whatever happened with Vessyl? I see that you can still preorder the magic cup of bullshit for about 99bux but I'm dying to see reviews on how awful it is.

Google says they're still taking pre-orders and the shipping is slated for 'early 2015'. Since 'early 2015' is now 1-3 months away and they haven't firmed up that release date, I'm guessing they're going to push that date out.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Nintendo Kid posted:

The main reason tri-wings ain't used anymore is they add expense and complexity that's unneeded, not so much about too much drag (the added drag is pretty much canceled out by having extra lifting surface). They're just unsuitable for any sort of really fast flying, much like biplane designs.

The whole idea behind bi and tri planes int he beginning was that we had heavy weak motors available and thus needed to have the planes as light as possible. With then-current technology this meant that you couldn't design a suitable single-wing design that would generate enough lift while staying strong and stiff enough to not flap apart. Both biplane and triplane designs allowed for using common materials, increased lifting surface area, and installing bracing between the sets of wings to keep it rigid enough to fly and strong enough to not fall apart.

Eventually better technology came around and biplanes and triplanes were obsoleted for just about everything. Some are still made because people want to use their unique flight characteristics or for use restaging historical events.

Incidentally, the first solar powered airplane that could carry a dude was a biplane: The 1979 Mauro Solar Riser, built out of a commercially produced hang glider design

Separately, that kickstarter projects method of tri-wing design actually has almost no visible struts betweent he layers, meaning it actually removes a lot of the areodynamic disadvantages of traditional triplanes. That's not to say it would work well in practice, just they at least removed the single biggest issue triwings had.

It still looks like it won't fly very well. All they had was a 3d model; it doesn't look like they even bothered to recreate it in X-Plane or do any of the basic aerodynamics programs that are surely available. If they had, they would've been part of the pitch video.

Two 200hp electric fans are mounted right on the plane's cabin, and they vent directly into the pusher prop box. Wiki tells me that a push-pull configuration means the rear engine is about 70% efficient because of how the forward engine disturbs the air, and usually the propellers are symmetrical. This thing has two smaller, faster props on either side loving with the pusher's air.

Of course, the solar won't provide enough electricity to make it worth the weight, and the 'wind turbine power generation' (a Ram-Air Turbine, in other words), are really only on planes with a surplus of power to shove the turbine through the air. And flaps on each set of wings? How much weight is that going to add?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

I mean theoretically those "vita beads" could be made of some kind of hydroxide salt (several types of nuclear power plants use lithium hydroxide to maintain a high pH in the primary coolant loops for an example from my field) but lol if anyone on their team even knows that much chemistry. And double lol if they think it's totally legit to just use solid pellets of sodium hydroxide or something :getin:

Edit: But we all know the answer is that they're something insoluble that does gently caress-all because no one who would want this kind of poo poo likely even owns a way of measuring pH

According to the FAQ, they're a blend of 'all natural minerals' and the main ingredients are magnesium, tourmaline, zinc, and silica. Heated to 800c and formed into pellets.

Their graph is amusing. Apples have a pH of 3.3-3.9; almost as acidic as coke! Oranges are 3-4.
All of the vegetables and fruits they list are all moderately to mildly acidic, around 4-6. None are alkaline.
Tea and eggs are mildly alkaline.

Googling around, it looks like this is mostly one of those psuedoscience prevent/cure-cancer-with-nutrition idiocies, where the foods you eat somehow changes your body pH, and if it's too acidic (because you're not eating paleo, apparently), you get cancer and everything else that can possibly go wrong.

Since alkaline is clearly better, you might as well just drink ammonia. With a pH of 11.6, it'll definitely alkalize your body tissues!

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

The laser razor is annoying the hell out of me. It has all the hallmarks of a scam.

1) Prototype device has few of the key features of the 'release' version
2) They "can't reveal" their actual technology because "special interests" will shut them down/steal their technology
3) Dyed-in-the-wool defenders who don't have any reason to believe they're being truthful
4) Incredibly short production timeline--they expect to start manufacturing circuit boards and diodes before the end of the year, and the product release by March/April, despite 'unknown levels of fine tuning' required.
5) Claim that 'wavelengths of light' will cut through hair without burning it, and it'll work on all hair colors. Because everyone has a particular 'chromophore'. They alone have discovered this.
6) After a clear reason why they were suspended from Kickstarter, they claim that Kickstarter was paid off by a special interest.

I seriously can't wait until November 2016 when thousands of backers are all bitching and moaning about not having their razor, and hundreds of defenders just saying "Give them more time!"

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Pyroclastic posted:

I couldn't find any decent bingo card templates, so I made this terrible thing in Word.

Quoting myself from almost three years ago.
Things haven't changed much.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Duke Igthorn posted:

HOLOBOX

This is actually a pretty neat thing that would be great for conventions and other action figure displays. There are two problems:
One:

Yes! It works for ANY figure of the exact same size and in the exact same pose! Up to 15 very specific special effects that work with 15 (same sized, proportioned and posed) figures!

And two: they have no idea how to Kickstarter

As I've said they have something on their hands that would be perfect for companies interested is displaying things at conventions so why are they doing Kickstarter in the first place as a primary source of funding, especially when their goal is a hundred and fifty thousand dollars? Here are the reward tiers:

Normal "thank you" tier

The very next tier

Then, for only $50 more, YOU can have the privilege to pay $50 more for the exact same thing at the exact same delivery time. They sliiiiiiiightly overestimated the consumer demand on this largely commercial use product.

These guys are 100% the first people who create something before someone else swoops in fixes the obvious flaws and gets rich.

Pretty sure I saw one of these at PAX last month at an exhibitor's booth, but I can't remember which one. I recall the projection screen being pretty low-res, and it had a noticeable screen door effect. Googling around found similar displays, including one from an auto show in 2014, so these guys weren't the first (the KS page says they founded the company in 2015). Others seem to have the same sort of built-in animations. They even call it a Holobox, but the KS company's branding isn't present.
As you might expect, there are a lot of different ones available on Alibaba. But, they're quite expensive; the Kickstarter pricing is actually very competitive.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, it's also for a very fancy limited run physical edition that's only available through the campaign.

Also to update the games so they run properly on Windows 10, and make two currently-unavailable games (Myst 3 and 4) available on digital stores. There are tons of complaints on Steam about bugs and crashing for Riven and Myst Masterpiece Edition.

Most of the requested amount was explicitly for production of the books and inkwell and pen. A lot of people are disappointed this isn't a remaster of all the games and doesn't have any intention of supporting Mac or Linux, since their team small and largely occupied with supporting Obduction and developing their upcoming game. They're looking into stretch goals now, but I wouldn't expect much in the way of coding resources.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

The General posted:

Let's make a game where you go from planet to planet finding stuff. Let's make it so your ship can't really be your base. Enjoy.

...No Man's Sky?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

You may remember the Ossic X, a pair of '3d audio' headphones with 4 drivers per ear. Over 10,000 backers pledged $2.7 million in 2016. The headphones started at $200 earlybird, and most people paid $250, with an "MSRP" of $400.

You also know what's coming next.

They announced they're folding, only produced 250 pairs in a production test run, no one else will get any, and there apparently won't be any refunds. They'd need another $2m to "complete" production.

One of the comments said he even demanded a refund back in 2016 (he said the video was misleading and assumed they were basically ready for production), and they ignored him.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They've been making various kinds of miniature Atari and Sega consoles with pre-loaded games for years before Nintendo finally got into the market.

Yeah, Nintendo's definitely a latecomer to this market, but they basically knocked it out of the park (apart from the supply problem). The other mini-preloaded-consoles are generally inferior, with cheap housings, cheap controllers, cheap output, poor menus, and poor emulation. Some company releasing Sega minis did a re-release of the Genesis/Master System mini after the NES Mini came out, and it wasn't much different from the like 3 versions they had released before.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty much, yeah. I think Nintendo wasn't sure how much room there was in the market for a more high-quality version (the NES and SNES Minis are certainly more expensive) so they had limited runs to start with, but they've recently put both back into production and they're everywhere now.

It was briefly nice that the classic style controllers are also compatible with Wii and Wii U remotes, but that's a bit moot now they've moved on to completely different hardware with the Switch.

I think the crazy Atari classic Kickstarter is going for more the high-end while also basically being a pre-hacked one. (since as every single remotely hardware-proficient person says over and over, why not just get a Raspberry Pi and download a bunch of emulators?)

Though come to think of it, isn't that basically the Ouya?

The Atari VCS doesn't even have Ouya's "benefit" of being cheap. It starts at $240 without any controllers. Also, I just noticed the two controllers are $60 together. The 'All-In' package that includes the console and both controllers is $330. A Switch is $300. The X-Box One S and PS4 Slim can be had for less than $300.

VCS is trying to do a lot more than the other mini consoles (and it's not even 'mini' sized) and it seems to be a SFF linux computer that they apparently expect lots of people to make games for. People are going to get it (probably a year late, at best), remember that Atari games mostly sucked and almost none hold up today, and development will dry up about as fast as Ouya. Then they'll realize a $60 Roku, Fire TV, or Chromecast do a better job with streaming services. The online service will go offline two years after release as funding dries up.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

THE ICOSAHEDRON IS ALL

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1002351374/the-icosahedron-0

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Rapulum_Dei posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spyassociates/spyfinder-pro-hidden-camera-detector-spying-preven

Another one hoping people don’t realise it already exists for 5% of the price.

I'm not seeing any straight-up duplicates on aliexpress, but there's similar devices for as low as a few dollars. They look functionally identical, though many have some sort of RF detector, too. The KS emphasizes how powerful the LEDs are. However, it is up for pre-order on other spy gadget sites, which is a no-no for Kickstarter (though they may not care if it gets them 5% of tens of thousands of dollars).

The comments are fun. A couple of people pledged and posted questions about why 6 LEDs, an intensity toggle button, a plastic lens & housing, and a pair of AA batteries are priced at $200. The guy running the KS is pretty shady and has a string of spy gadget companies and sites.

Also, I just noticed that Kickstarter doesn't seem to display the backers any more. You used to be able to look at the names of everyone who backed, and you could investigate backer fraud more easily--some campaigns got canned when suspicious users looked into backers' histories and found extensive histories of backing failed or destined-to-fail campaigns. Now it just tells you what are the top cities and countries of the backers and how many were new backers and how many are returning. Even for old campaigns--Night in the Woods says 840 new backers and 6532 returning backers. This Spyfinder has 50, and 14 are new. There are no positive comments from backers, and the amount raised is just over the goal. While there are certainly real gadget crazies on KS who probably backed this, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the backers are fake.

Pyroclastic has a new favorite as of 05:46 on Oct 26, 2018

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

If the cameras are undetectable then how does this detect them with just LEDs?

I think it uses a specific wavelength of red or near-ir LEDs, which can pass though the little red window. The lights will glint off the camera lens, but the filter reduces other light, making the flashing light stand out. There are apparently $3 phone apps that do this, but you have to use the flash and the range is poor.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Apparently Kickstarter doesn't care that the SpyFinder thing is violating their TOS, because it's still up with 7 days to go and $35k pledged, 3.5x its goal. Curiously, it still only has 16 comments, none positive. According to Kicktraq, it had two consecutive days of 7 and 8 new backers, who pledged over $3000 that day, but a day with 12 new backers had only $2300 added. One day had one new backer, and $70 added to the total, which is far too low to get anything, and doesn't cover any tier jumps. Still looks suspicious as hell to me.

The foam-block toothbrush one may hit a million dollars before the campaign ends in 5 days. They still have no actual evidence of its functionality, but a commenter did mention it 'barely had enough friction to pass the plaque test', so they may have had an update about it. To 'counter' claims that the foam obviously didn't reach all the tooth surfaces, they photoshopped the image to make the thing bigger: https://i.imgur.com/nqnjktU.mp4

Another commenter brought up several other very similar 'brush your teeth in x seconds!' projects, all of which have failed to deliver, though they all seem to be the 'what if toothbrush...but big enough for all teeth simultaneously?' style. Not a block of foam they claim conforms perfectly to your teeth.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

It's over 8.2 million dollars now, with 135,000 backers. This is going to implode spectacularly.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Let's check out some blasts from the past.

Remember flatev, the Artisan Tortilla Maker?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1104354043/the-artisan-tortilla-maker

Estimated delivery in 2016, raised $136k from 662 backers. To refresh your memory, it's a Keurig, except for tortillas. Individual pods, supplied by the manufacturer, and they make a tortilla about 4" across. Estimated to cost $.80 per pod, and the pods last about 6 weeks in the fridge.

As you might expect, no one has received their Tortiigs! Their updates are backer-only, so I can't see what excuses they're giving. The commenters are getting frustrated and the word 'lawsuit' has come up.

Tellspec, a food scanner that would tell you what was in your food as well as its nutritional information
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tellspec-what-s-in-your-food#/

It was supposed to ship in 2014, and it fleeced $386k from 1765 backers on IGG. Their latest updates are basically saying "Welp, we can't make Raman spectrometers for that cheap, so we'll let you have one of our $1500 scanners with a big discount if you pony up some more money". And, of course, Raman spectrometers can only tell you about what the light bounces off of, so it can only tell you what the surface of the food is. They haven't posted on IGG in nearly a year.

Shiftware, which were basically shoes made out of LCD screens.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/shiftwear-customize-your-kicks#/

Supposed to ship in October 2016. Pulled nearly a million bucks on IGG, and apparently got money elsewhere as well. Their latest update from April of last year was a link to their webpage, which is now parked by their host as a Demo of their hosting services, because they stopped paying for it. 4 months before that, which was more than a year after the shoes were supposed to ship, they were 'onboarding a world-class executive management team' to 'acquire the necessary funding to take this product to the next phase of development', which includes 'laying foundation for critical technical, corporate and R&D components'. In other words, two years after the start of their funding, they still hadn't managed to get a team to design the product.

Fontus, a water bottle that filled itself from air and solar power.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fontus-the-self-filling-water-bottles#/

$345k, delivering in April 2017. Of course, it was essentially impossible--it claimed to produce 17 ounces of water per hour. A small dehumidifier plugged into a wall outlet can extract about 6 ounces of water in 24 hours. The EEVBlog guy said it'd take a solar panel about 1.5m˛ at 100% efficiency to produce enough power to pull 17 ounces of water out of 99% humidity air in an hour. As you might expect, nothing was produced, nothing was delivered, and the company was forced into bankruptcy proceedings in Vienna last year.

Znaps, magnetic adapters for your charger cables to protect them and your device against damage.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1041610927/znaps-the-9-magnetic-adapter-for-your-mobile-devic/description

$3m Canadian and over 70,000 backers. Delivering at the end of 2015. The comments are full of people 'invoking' their right to refund. Project creators haven't updated in three years, and they're all talking about shipping updates. There are nearly 30,000 comments, and I'm not going to dig through them to see if anyone actually received their stuff. Their webpage is squatted by a Chinese gambling/lottery app, so...I'm guessing not.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Blue Moonlight posted:

While I’m sure that the thing is garbage at best and doesn’t actually use HP cartridges, if it did, I’d consider it a point in its favor - I can still purchase new cartridges from HP for the printer I got to go to college more than 15 years ago.

One of the reviews actually shows the cartridge (and prints it onto a paper cup and a small square of wood). It's a remanufactured HP 62XL.

All signs point to this printer being something that already existed , and these guys are just drop-shipping it at a 300% markup.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Ah, yes, let's go from traumatic kinetic injuries to burnt retinas and battery explosions from the immense amount of power this would need to cut through wet grass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I was browsing the Comics kickstarters, and for some reason, this one was in that category:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/359321040/naming-the-brainchild

She starts off talking about naming a baby, and that the series has 'already kicked off on TikTok', making it seem like it's some sort of animated series, but then it pivots into talking about...well, this:

quote:

More Than Just a Name
Here's the twist—I'm not just naming a company; I'm pioneering a whole approach to business. Forget the stuffy boardrooms and endless spreadsheets—my vision is all about putting mental well-being front and center.

Unlike traditional methods focused on financial metrics and key performance indicators, we identify associated possibilities by evaluating mental fitness. Our approach recognizes that decision-makers' well-being influences business success, directly impacting profitability and performance.

From evaluating mental fitness to fostering resilience in the workplace, my mission is clear: to create a culture of holistic health and well-being. And guess what? I want YOU to be a part of it!

So she's naming a business that's about 'mental fitness' in the workplace? And this has something to do with an animated series, somehow?

Oh, and it's AI-generated:

quote:

Use of AI
I plan to use AI-generated content in my project.

What parts of your project will use AI generated content? Please be as specific as possible.
I am using AI to create the series.

Do you have the consent of owners of the works that were (or will be) used to produce the AI generated portion of your projects? Please explain.
I use the AI programs to generate the characters.

She links to a website for the yet-unnamed? business, https://www.bb-xp.com , and it's largely more of the same. As near as I can tell, the propose to give surveys to employees or prospective investments, and tell you if they're mentally fit. I have no idea how the kickstarter actually fits in with this beyond some really dumb marketing.

She seems to be a real person, and worked in Fraud Examination in Europe; maybe she got a taste of the money sloshing around and decided to whip up her own fraud-adjacent buzzword company.