Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Exmond posted:

Huh almost like the Tropes vs Women in Videogames kickstarter as well..

Um...the first video of that is coming out this month, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Offbeatr. It's still around.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dieting Hippo posted:

Every Metroid game, every one had her as an independent protagonist that was strong and didn't rely on a male protagonist to reach the goal.

I can't use my fire suit to protect me from the lava surrounding me because Adam hasn't told me I'm allowed to use it yet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Orzo posted:

Remind me again who loses in this scenario, i.e. why you're complaining about it?

We lose because of the Man and stuff. Only indie things should be funded through Kickstarter, like my upcoming balloon fetish visual novel for OUYA.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's so stupid I want to report it, but I apparently can't use "What the gently caress is this poo poo" for a report reason.

You need to get on that, Kickstarter.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Megaspel posted:

He's perpetuating the problem that I've been having Everyone keeps spelling my name as Cody instead of Kodie.

What a dick.

Cody2013.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Yo who wants a super-racist manga clone?

Meet Shaniqua No Ho.

And of course, the very first thing you see when playing the video is these guys.

Dude on the right, you're asking people for money. At least TRY to look professional. I mean, your friend at least has a collared shirt.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/902655470/headflat-the-smartphone-hands-free-solution

Obviously the best place to put my expensive phone is hanging off my hat a good foot from my face!

E: Did you guys know that your iPhone is as big as a 60 inch HDTV if you just hold it a foot from your face?

Waffleman_ has a new favorite as of 17:54 on Mar 19, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think the Bingo card needs a new space for "Use of product makes you look like a tool."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

BoutrosBoutros posted:

My computer broke last week so my only way to watch videos was on my phone. I would have paid ten bucks for a tv hat; my arms get tired.

My iPhone case came with a free stand. It's a simple piece of plastic that folds up to support the phone. You can get something like that for dirt cheap with the added benefit of not looking like a loving moron.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You have a table, don't you?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/364014223/daily-gaming-game-plays

Please give me $1700 to do Let's Plays.

Also, for a kickstarter that's really Something Awful, regular SA writers David Thorpe and Jon Hendren need $500. They need it to pour Dom Perignon into some adult diapers and drink it from the diapers.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/we-re-going-to-pour-some-dom-p-into-a-diaper

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Drinking Dom P Out Of A Diaper got shut down because of the controlled substances involved.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's so barely above average that it honestly doesn't matter.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/584273481/hungrometer-because-the-body-knows?ref=category

This is what America has been reduced to. We need a little meter to tell ourselves how hungry we are.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Madcosby posted:

That meter is so scientific, from very very hungry to kinda hungry to maybe hungry to starved to "neutral" to a tad hungry to somewhat neutral

get a thesaurus

Get a pencil and a notebook. Mark on the scale of 1-10 how hungry you are at certain times of the day.

Save $10,000.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nnep posted:

I would have thought this was a joke if i didn't know better

Alternate solutions: Pick up some grass and throw it. Lick your goddamn finger. FEEL THE loving WIND.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

One mom found this strange secret to RPG development the console makers don't want you to know!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I have no idea why this failed. I mean, look at all the games they've had experience on!

Batman Begins, G Force, AND Creatures Playground?! loving AAA talent here!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1080427607/the-ultimate-in-cookie-dunking-techonlogy

It's a bowl.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You know that one MMO that bombed twice and literally killed a company?

Let's Kickstart a spinoff!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No, you guys obviously don't understand! They're grey t-shirts, but the pocket is white with blue polka dots! That's not the same design at all! It's so wacky and quirky, you guys!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If he wants to be a real anime, he's probably going to need at least 20 times what he's asking.

For each episode.

Animation is expensive.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Guess what actually exists. If it's reported on Slashdot, it's got to be true. . . Right?

We've been talking about it in the OUYA thread in Games for a while.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Guys, you're not getting it! It's not just a website, it's an experience! We're creating new paradigms and shaking things up!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

OldMemes posted:

I'm curious to see how many other cult but cancelled TV shows will jump on the band wagon, either to fund a movie, or extra episodes online or something. It sets an interesting precedent.

Honestly, it's just a countdown to Firefly at this point.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

psychoticBacofoil posted:

"So guys I made this cool new invention I call a roundyroll that you've never seen before. You see while studying I discovered that round things roll so I invented a bigger round thing you can use on cars, bikes or even tricycles. But people keep telling me it's already been invented, to them I say poppycock! So I need at least $1,000,000 so I can take my invention to a convention and win a nobel prize.
Reach the $40 tier and I'll send you a picture of me holding it! "

Does that sound Kickstart worthy considering everything else that goes through? :v:

You know, this got me wondering if anybody owned a patent for the wheel. If you did, I don't know how you'd resist the temptation to be the biggest patent troll of all time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Your kid will make the next great game for OUYA with OUR HELP!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fatkraken posted:

Yeah it's frustratingly inefficient, but there are FAR worse things people can spend their money on, like $24,000 so a mother can humiliate her kids via the medium of badly made RPG maker games, or yet another useless iphone accessory.

That guy would have gotten a lot more money if you could put your iPhone in his prosthetic limbs to charge it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

I agree with this, and it's nice to have a name to the recipient, so at least the donors can see exactly how much bang for buck they're getting. I hope that any surplus he doesn't put to personal use goes into someone else's medical expenses.

With American healthcare, I don't think he has to worry about a surplus.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Madcosby posted:

Don't forget his other unsuccessful kickstarter
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/206259503/beaver-tst-shirts-incorporating-beavers-with-fun-s?ref=users

Some ideas of what I want to produce:

1. Beaver Lickin Good (Beaver licking a plate)
2. Stinky Beaver (Beaver with stink)
3. Hittin Beaver (Beaver hitting a baseball)
4. Pierced Beaver (Beaver with piercings)
5. Licking Beaver (Beaver licking a window or something)
6. Eatin Beaver (Beaver eating)
7. Big Balls Beaver (Beaver with big balls)
8. Petting Beaver (Beaver Petting a Beaver)

Those aren't even clever! They're not puns, they're not jokes, they're just pictures of beavers that look like they've been cobbled together in MS Paint! Come on, man! You're going to have to shell out for at least one Adobe product if you want to get into design! Photoshop at the very least, but for what you're doing, I'd probably more recommend Illustrator, and of course you're going to need InDesign to put it all together! COME ON, MAN!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

...of SCIENCE! posted:

His website (which he handily lists on his profile) is where the real comedy gold is at.

Nothing screams "designer I'd like to hire" quite like a guy who can't even pick a font that doesn't make his surname look like "gently caress"

Holy poo poo, is this site hosted on Geocities?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2009301036/abgo

It's a cell phone sized skateboard that you put on one foot that can only go on perfectly flat surfaces. I don't usually like watching project videos, but I literally had to to understand how this thing worked. And I still don't really get it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

death .cab for qt posted:

You know what is also a really good alternative to walking?

Just keeping a skateboard in your backpack

Seriously longboards aren't super expensive and aren't gigantic by any means, just use a backpack and let the top six inches of it stick out from the big pocket.

You don't understand. He doesn't want to get a skateboard or scooter. That is literally a thing he said.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Even without the nebulous legal ground of using rage faces without permission, even the use of the Pokemon font and the Pokeball imagery alone is enough to justify a lawsuit from Nintendo, even if you didn't outright copy their game. And you know, what better company to rip off than the company that literally proved that video game companies can be a formidable contender in the legal area when they brushed off loving Universal Pictures?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No, you guys don't understand! We were paying HOMAGE to the Pokemon TCG by deliberately ripping it off in some kind of parody. It just failed because YOU GUYS didn't get it!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Madcosby posted:

Can someone explain what Dyack did/what it means he's on the team? I'm not familiar with Eternal Darkness the game, or its drama.

The drama is actually not related to Eternal Darkness, which is considered to be a fantastic game. The drama you want to be looking at revolves around the studio's latest two games, X-Men Destiny and Too Human, the latter of which was Dyack's pet project.

Both these games were loving awful.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Penny Arcade needs recording equipment to restart a podcast they used to do.

Goal? TEN BUCKS. Literally funded in a minute.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They got like millions of dollars in another Kickstarter last year.

To remove one banner ad from their site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You sure are.