Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

The Boxx is all electric, which almost by default means that the motor (motors in this case) are (in) the wheel hubs. It also means you need to cover up a shitload of batteries and electronics.

Madcosby posted:

edit: my major point was that the box shape does not offer any sort of functionality. It just serves to make it look like a different product than the dozen or so electric scooters that are already in existence.
Totally valid point imho.

Flipperwaldt has a new favorite as of 20:38 on Apr 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Jett posted:

I don't know if I can even think of a movie quote that would take more than .1 seconds to recognize if one word was replaced.
Here you go: The most memorable quote from Patton has got to be "Nuts!"

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

I've got to be mixing up Patton with Battle of the Bulge or something then.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Are there some special numbers I can put on my bag, so that people would know that I drink cider sometimes? It's really important because I like cider.
I don't know, but I like cider too and I'm quite fond of the number three. Maybe we can get something going.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

dijon du jour posted:

3:30 drink cider in the mid-afternoon, bro.
Okay. Maybe we should make some t-shirts saying "Keep calm and 3:30 drink cider in the mid-afternoon, bro." or something.

I also have got an idea for an iPhone accessory that is exactly like a post it note with 3:30 written on it. But for your iPhone.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Prop Wash posted:

Also who knew that even mentioning the term "flac" would summon a joyless defender of the audio compression faith to the thread?
Such a thing has not happened.

cthulhoo posted:

You need a better sarcasm detector.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

wa27 posted:

Is this a... rack mounted clock? :psyduck:
It's not for reading the time on, it's for syncing audio gear. Having it rack mountable makes a modicum of sense.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

BloodWulfe posted:

I think you guys are being pretty unfair to Teqball. It looks like fun.

...wait. Is that where they got the name from?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Paladinus posted:

They all are not exactly great, but this one made me angry for some reason. There are EQ presets on your phone already, you don't even need that option by his logic. And the device is not even portable! You can only use it with stereo, so any decent 5.1 audio system is out of the question. All that, while there are plenty of portable preamps that you can basically strap to the back of your audio player, plug your headphones and that's it. The audacity of this prick, when he says there's nothing like that. Ugh.
Conventional logic would have you refute his claim by quoting examples of other existing products that are like his. You try to do so by mentioning how it's lacking features of completely different products aimed at completely different niches. Just wanted to point out that that's a bit weird, maybe :confused:

I don't care for headphone amps, portable or otherwise, nor do I care for 5.1 or EQ presets. A simple stereo amp with that selection of input options would work perfectly for me. For the love of god, drop the infuriating audiophile marketing bullshit (which makes this kickstarter well mockworthy) and sell it at $200-$250 or something, but yeah. I even like the way it looks.

I have no idea whether something with the specific featureset already exists or not, but dude's got a point that there is a niche for a thing like this.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

MrAptronym posted:

My issue is that people generally pay the big bucks for the large feature set. Here he took out the big feature set for simplicity and is still charging $800. You can get a good simple amp for 1/4th that. 3 seconds on google got me this for half the cost http://www.crutchfield.com/p_022AS500/Yamaha-A-S500.html?tp=34948&awkw=75620905825&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=47439151345&awdv=c Yamaha makes good poo poo in my experience.
Oh hell yeah, I'm with you on that. I guess I just didn't get what you were saying initially.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

tonberrytoby posted:

If puppyplay doesn't count as a fetish to you, I don't want to know what you consider one.
You know, maybe he was actually thinking of puppies, playing.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

None of these solve the problem of "Why not buy a proper laptop?" I mean, you're already paying almost the same for an iPad Air and keyboard as you would for a laptop with the same or greater power.
"No distractions"

Like so many other aspiring artistic types, writers think they can buy their way out of lacking mental discipline or talent.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

How about something useful with a probe in your rear end to determine oncoming fart or shart? Simple green/red LED affair.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Non Serviam posted:

holy poo poo... that's just loving shameless.
Love how they went through the effort to make fake protoypes, schematics and all that poo poo.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

A dog ate my kickstarter.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

wa27 posted:

I don't know how I missed this: The world's first levitating turntable!

:lol: Is that smoke part of its normal functioning? I thought this would reduce friction!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Gann Jerrod posted:

Remember Bagel, the smart tape measure? It actually was released, but guess what it doesn't do very well?
I don't know if it's just speculation, but some of the comments mention a Bagel v2.0. Also how they apparently they have surveys to harvest data like age, gender and household income from people who want to lodge a complaint or something, presumably to sell on?

Irredeemable shitheads if so.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I wish I had the lobes to pull of a repackaging Ali Baba scam.

Is it really even a "scam" to repackage a thing and give it a flashy brand and pitch it to rubes? Monster cables are a thing, after all.
A large part of the economy works like this. Non-food store brands work like this, basically. Who do you think AliBaba is selling to, with stuff like "cordless drill with custom printed logo, minimum order 10000pcs"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

canis minor posted:

But it isn't smart, you see - the obvious step though would be to connect it to the cloud, and make it automatically order toilet paper (with attachements that will fit only ZeNa); also, there should be a phone app where you'll track your toilet paper usage - who knows, it might even save lives, as if the toilet paper usage spikes, there might be something wrong with you!
But can it take a picture and alert the head of the household if someone mounts the roll the wrong way round?

Alternatively use facial recognition to flip the roll around the preferred way of the current user?

Track who uses the least amount of paper and post achievements awarded for improvement on facebook?

DDOSing a random small government is a given, as well as the fact that the roll should be locked behind a steel plate or set on fire if contact with the server is lost.