Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The Secret of Unicorns (Canceled)

quote:

What could Nikola Tesla, Aphantasia, Mental Sensory Perception, the Law of Attraction and Unicorns possibly have in common? And what is Mental Sensory Perception? It sounds like a professional term but it was actually made up by a guy with Aphantasia; he doesn't even have the ability of MSP. This guy also wrote a book about Nikola Telsa and only after he finished it, did he learn he had a remarkable disability he never knew existed, and it was what he wrote about Tesla before being diagnosed that actually helped him overcome what turned out to be an ability and not a disability at all. It was precisely this synchronicity that allowed the Secret of Unicorns to be written and everyone should really understand what this secret is, it will likely change your life in remarkable ways.

quote:

Risks and challenges

There is zero risk in this project. In fact, the book will change your life or someone you love dearly, that I will promise you. The money raised will fund a full length documentary and promo videos to promote The Secret of Unicorns as far and wide as my efforts will take me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/3rb8zi/the_average_color_of_every_frame_of_a_given_movie/ - November 2015

And the top voted post for that thread from 5+ years ago is "Wow, I kinda want a printed version of my favourite movie framed on my wall".

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

Join Our Member-Supported Network

As a self-funded, non-profit initiative with a focus on collective learning, we want to create a member-supported network, built in a sustainable way. This is why the Knowledge Exchange Programme will rely on a simple, annual paid membership model equivalent to €20/month (to be paid annually: €240 including 21% VAT).

I wasn't aware that Kickstarter allowed organizations to advertise in this way on their platform. "Back us for the equivalent of a single month's subscription and then pay for a whole year upfront!"

Looks like it is a series of online seminars about "the digital economy" but, uh... there's very little mention of what they think about it. Will the seminars just be about setting up your own cryptomining rigs and how to best market NFTs?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

My favorite about this one has to be the “featured on” section, which has an assortment of logos for, uh, websites. Like PR Newswire, which hosts press releases for literally anyone.

Also the lady in the testimonials is a clinical homeopath. She totally looks like a doctor, though!

Over 500% funded.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

After years of delays, this finally got released today; $49.99 on Steam (or pay $39.99 for the non-adult version). (Autoplaying NSFW trailer warning)

I think that is really stretching the price threshold for horny games on Steam, even ones that attempt to be a step above the usual shovelware offerings. It looks janky and the low-poly WoW-like models having stuttery mocap animations mapped onto them. The launch trailer shows lots of boob physics and girls kissing and it looks so bad. Why would anyone subject themselves to this for fifty dollars?

Anyway, you'll also be pleased to know that the devs have announced a prequel (Iragon: The Amulet) and they'll have a kickstarter campaign up for it soon.