Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

White eggs used to be the more expensive kind, because people thought they were "pure" or some horseshit. Now the brown eggs are more expensive because they're more "natural".

Why? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The dog cookies at Petco look like people cookies. Like, an 8-year-old would be forgiven for thinking they were people cookies.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

First one needs to go on the hood. I don't care about the rest of the car, but metal burning-car space wizard needs to be on the hood of that car.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Cake is a vegetable.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

DannoMack posted:

It's not a stretch at all.

"Wir suchen dich" isn't pronounced anything even close to "we're suckin' dick" if that's what you're thinking. It is a stretch.

Somebody linked this:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

cobalt impurity posted:

Thank you, Something Awful Forums user Bertrand Hustle, for reminding us how we shouldn't be laughing at foreign words that look like dirty words in English, regardless of how they're natively pronounced.

I'll stop laughing at this picture immediately. Thank you for your assistance! :tipshat:

I'm not saying they're not funny, I just said that it was a stretch to read that German phrase that way. :shrug:

Wurt wurt

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Slim Killington posted:

Rammstein used to have a stage show back when their setups first started to be put up by Roy Bennett where Lindemann would set the drummer Schneider on fire (in a fire suit), and he'd play for a minute or two. Then he'd stand up when he "couldn't put the fire out" and Lindemann or Kruspe would rush offstage and come back with a fire extinguisher to put him out, except it sprayed fire instead of retardant and he turned into a massive fireball.

Rammstein concerts are awesome.

There's also a thing Till used to do where he'd walk out on stage in a burning fire jacket and just perform an entire loving song just standing there and stoically burning.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Ouzo On Ice posted:

Meth, not even once.

I thought that was just a poorly worded headline, but no, it means exactly what I thought it meant.

This is apparently a real place and there are houses for sale.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Haruharuharuko posted:

I'd like to think this is for a championship related to not barfing in public and whelp guess number 6 gets to move up a spot.

Hopefully after they clean the podium.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Pronounced /twɒt/ it's fairly common in America and isn't seen as an affectation of a Briticism, and it's been around for a while. According to the internet, /twɒt/ is also the pronunciation in New Zealand and Australia.

If you say it /twęt/ (rhymes with hat) you're either British or a dork.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

This still happens though, like when you have four kids in the same class named Chris.

That's why we have names associated with our families, so we can tell the difference between the fat Penn brother Chris Penn and famous wrestlemurderer Chris Benoit.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Roger Tangerines posted:

Oh man, cool. "I am the LORD." "I AM the Lord."

"The LORD" is frequently used as a substitute for the tetragrammaton (יהוה, YHWH) following the Jewish practice of never actually speaking the name but using "Adonai" ("Lord") when praying, and HaShem (Hebrew, "the Name") when speaking, or (when written) G-d. The name of God being held sacred, religious Jews are forbidden from discarding any holy object, including anything with the name of God on it. By not writing the actual name of God (or speaking it). In addition to avoiding inadvertently destroying a holy object or having to preserve something that's otherwise inconsequential because the name of God is on it, I imagine there's also a desire to avoid accidentally blaspheming.

I know, I know, not funny and not a picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

DiggityDoink posted:

It's never just cinnamon, it's cinnamint. I have one now that I thought was citrus, but again, citrumint.

Crest makes toothpastes that are just cinnamon.

• Locked thread