Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

Jerry Cotton posted:

A penguin on its way to the fish shop.

Why am I wearing the skin of my brethren?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

My housemates spaniel understands the word penguin. He understands that it means that somewhere in the house THERE ARE PENGUINS and he must find them RIGHT NOW. Queue a tiny, super fluffy yellow spaniel skidding over the house barking and looking between bookshelves for those awesome penguins. He actually knows what penguins are as well. If they are on TV in a documentary and you say penguins he runs up to the tv and paws at the stand. He also barks at lions.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

Clinton1011 posted:

All of these are great. I love the change from shock to disbelief to uncontrollable laughter that everyone seems to go through.

I wonder if he actually owns all of those women's clothes or if he is raiding a girlfriend's / sisters’ closet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAQhG59zqZc - Here is another from the same person.

His girlfriend is the exact same size as him if he's stealing her clothes. This dude is great, but he is making me want to try out chatroulette to see if I can get in on the hijinks. I know from hearsay that these people got off lightly being in his video.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

Buggiezor posted:

I think my favorite part of this is the fact that nature makes beautiful symmetric crystals like this

And us humans can only make artificial snow that looks like this

Nature is just so :allears:

To be boring - artificial snow looks like that because it is formed so quickly. The gorgeous, symmetrical shapes of most natural snow form because they have more time to crystallize and grow. The beautiful patterns formed are ones that minimize a number of physical factors, such as energy.

There's a lot of things in chemistry that you know you've done right if they end up looking amazing, and you've screwed up if they end up looking rubbish!

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

Safari Disco Lion posted:

MGS gets the tiniest bit of a pass from me because they tend to treat the male characters in a similar vein with gratuitous nude shots or silly outfits, and the series has some really strong female characters. It still has the same standard sexist tropes but it...sort of tries to subvert them? A little bit?

MGS 4 had the camera staring up a woman's legs with her outfit showing the outlines of her vulva while she explained she had been traumatized by war and accidentally suffocated her brother to death while trying to hide from enemy soldiers as a child and things like that. Enjoy the game all you want, but Raiden having big butt shots doesn't really make up for them filming models naked to mo-cap the expression of their girly bits as they explain their PTSD and all the 'good' women characters constantly having their boobs out.

Produce a game where Snake explains how he's been traumatized by war while we inspect his testicles through his latex trousers is what I'm saying.

A game where you had to train up an adorable puppy to be your spying buddy would be amazing though. He could have his own tiny card board box and everything.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

Vorpal Cat posted:

Or you could produce a game that dosn't sexualize the mental trauma if either gender because its creepy and weird either way. Its just worse with women because its so much more common and men generally don't have to deal with being objectified in thier everyday life.

But yea, puppies are adorable and video games could really stand to have more cute animals and less T&A.

Edit: cute baby animal pic go's here as soon as I'm not phone posting.

I was being silly, I don't want anyone waving their bits at me in a computer game - traumatized or not.

I get really worried the moment I see a dog in either film or game, because I become attached immediately and terrified they are going to die in the story.

I recently saw a video of a grumpy looking shiba inu doing aerobics wearing sweatbands. I've tried recent pages but can't find it here, or when I try googling about. Does anyone know the video I'm talking of or have I gone mental?

In return here is Cookie the baby penguin who apparently has a condition called 'bumble foot'. The cutest condition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wTWWjYTe1I

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

Wedemeyer posted:

Staring for a long time at a dog makes the dog think they're doing something wrong, and immediately stop what they're doing so you don't get mad at them. At least, that's the way it was explained to me. They're just being mean to a dog having fun :(

That's wrong, don't worry. Dogs can pick up on body language easily so they know if you're disapproving or not.

My chocolate labrador likes to wait until someone is watching before she rolls full body into piles of mud and water. She also makes a 'huff' noise and stomps her paw if she wants your attention, usually before pegging it round in small circles or trying to kill her sleepy pillow. If you stare at her while she does something naughty she carries on doing it, just really slowly.

Edit: Embarrassed dogs are the best.

Lethemonster has a new favorite as of 12:31 on Oct 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

Baby Pangolins :D

http://laughingsquid.com/tiny-newborn-pangolin-gets-fed-bathed-and-cuddled-at-the-taipei-zoo-in-taiwan/

• Locked thread