Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

The date could be tomorrow and it wouldn't be soon enough. So excited!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

Vento Aureo JoJo's Bizzare Adventure is genuinely good for most of it. It just stops making sense toward the end.

I feel like this is a more correct sentiment for each part.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

The current list of confirmed anime for the fall is still relatively small. I would think, right now, David is still trying to see how much they can actually get to make more JoJo. The appropriate answer is all the money but I'm sure budget negotiations are part of why we haven't heard anything yet. Aside from Neptunia.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah, that chapter, I, uh... :raise:

For some reason I thought that was Joshuu in the tree. Back story seemed solid, if not completely :catstare:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Maremidon posted:

Watch as the game turns out to have QWOP-like controls so that only computers can play it with any efficiency.

Obviously you need to develop a Stand to play it properly.

"Mash all the buttons, Play With Me!"

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Check this out. It's an incredibly cool Gyro Zeppeli shirt someone posted on Tumblr. I don't particularly want to spent 22 dollars on a shirt, but god drat am I tempted.

Thanks a lot. I just spent 20 on this. (I regret nothing.)

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

It's gonna be the perfect gift.

On more JoJo news, the latest rankings for video game sales came out and All Star Battle sold over 425000 copies for the week. I can't imagine this isn't good news for the thought of more anime but I guess we'll have to wait and see since there doesn't seem to be a peep out of the studio.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

onepixeljumpman posted:

I also heard a rumor rolling around that Araki enjoyed the game. It'd be nice if that influenced him to giving more anime the go ahead.

Is Araki what's holding it up? I thought that the main issue was that the studio had already signed up to do Neptunia.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Sex_Ferguson posted:

So what you're saying, onepixeljumpman, is that Hirohiko Araki... is the Ultimate Being?

Little did we know that all the art has been hand drawn by squirrels this whole time....

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

NovaPolice posted:

Somewhere, there should be a story about Giorno going to Miami to see Universal Studios or something and just completely missing out on this whole "Stone Ocean" business.

I would totally understand read a version of stone ocean where Green Dolphin Street is replaced by Disney. Dress Pucci up in a Mickey Mouse costume as he strives for Walt Dio's perfect world.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

I think that story wise, part 7 is probably the best part. Part four will, I think, always be my favorite because it seemed to encapsulate so much of what the manga actually is. Crazy abilities used in cool ways, bullshit powers for no reason, fights that actually convey a sense of urgency, and a villain who wasn't hellbent on some ridiculous outcome. Kira was a stone cold killer, yeah, but you can't not feel a little bad since all he really wanted was a normal life.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Is there a reason that there seems to be conflicting information about when this game is due out? I've seen 2013 and 2014 being offered as dates. Is 2014 the more accepted date?

Because let's be honest, it'll be sitting next to my import copy when it comes out.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

Wasn't that in the tv broadcast, too?

I do believe "To be continued" was. It was a perfect teaser.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Neptunia 2 :unsmigghh:

If waiting through Neptunia is what it takes to get the rest of the series animated, they can go right the gently caress ahead. I'd much rather have half a year of waiting for new Jojo than not having any Jojo. :colbert:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

I think this is the right thread for this but does anyone have a link to the Bloody Stream opening version with all the stand powers?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

That's it! I showed it to a couple of buddies and it, more than the animated series oddly enough, got them hooked.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

It's JoJo; there's always punching. It just sometimes happens with your brain instead of your fist. He needs to just punch with his brain more and harder and the mystery will be solved.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Part 4 was a story about a poor guy that just wants to have lunch with his girlfriend and then saves a cat. :colbert:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

So are they going back and recording just the bits and pieces for stand names, or is it gonna be really awkward when Bruno/Kira/whomever just flat out uses English?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Broseph Brostar posted:

It's gonna be really dumb when the guy on the screen is clearly saying DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAPU and the subtitle reads The President.

gently caress them fabulously if they don't just go with D4C for that one. I can't even remember if he actually says the full name in the game.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Well, there's that then.

Don't most of the Stand/naming issues come for part 4 on? I could see them just dropping the dub after part 3 instead of dealing with that kind of hassle.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Your way works too posted:

Not really, before stand names were bands and musicians the characters were. Like Enya, J. Giel, Rubber Soul and oh yeah DIO.

But they're not actually doing anything with DIO since he's just dropping his last name. I guess I'm just not familiar enough as to what would end up constituting a name that needed to be changed. I can't imagine any of these bands going "Yup, people are gonna mistake us for neon-pastel animated characters."

Edit: Aeroplano or Aereo would work too, Sabato Nero, Esperienza d'Oro, etc.

Robviously fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 24, 2014

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Perigryn posted:

Heh, good ones. I'm putting together a list of names myself. I currently have King Crimson as "Sovrano Rosso" and Aerosmith as "Aviatore"

Sovrano seems a little beleaguered when Re Rosso works just as well and with alliteration!

hoobajoo posted:

R.E.O. Speedwagon. Cars, Wham, ACDC. Polnareff. It's pretty hosed the whole way through.

The only one that's really changing is Polnareff, unless I just missed out on something. Cars, Wham, and ACDC are just gonna be spelled the way they're pronounced in Japan and Speedwagon is going to be Speedwagoning coolly.

I dunno, I get why it's being done but I still find it somewhat dumb.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

That hand quote...

Araki just wants to life a normal, peaceful life. :ohdear:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Isn't it all but confirmed that Rohan was Araki's self insert as well? I could have sworn I remembered reading that at some point and I can't really take anything for granted in JoJo's really.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Ah, I felt like I had it slightly mixed up. Seeing Rohan later in the series, and in the spinoffs, made me think that it would have been a good self insert. It even feels like a stand that Araki would love to have.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Dan of Steel

Was that (and the other name changes, for that matter) a copyright/trademark thing or a mistranslation?

You can hear him say "Steely Dan" over the subtitles. Not that "Dan of Steel" isn't a pretty great play on words.

Copyright I'd imagine. Just like J Geil was changed to Centerfold, even though it's been pronounced J Geil when spoken.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Something that controls time and thereby his youth.

There's a reason he thinks that time is the strongest power.

Araki doesn't need a Stand to control his youth since he is actually a vampire. His stand allows him to continually put out better material on a regular basis. That or see the future of fashion 20 years from now.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Araki being fueled on our collective hype is fine by me. At least my energy is going somewhere productive.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

amuayse posted:

Araki really did miss a critical detail of southern Italy when he was did Vento Aureo: There isn't enough trash. Seriously, like Naples is 90% trash due organized crime there.

To be fair, the trash thing only really got bad in the mid to late 2000s and Vento Aureo wrapped up in 99. Maybe they'll rectify this if they get around to animating it.

Edit: Also most of southern Italy is great, Naples is just their version of New Jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

That really is and always will be the best way to explain it.

• Locked thread