Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I hope they do what the ova did with Dio's world because the manga just makes Jotaro and co look really incompetent in how they choose to engage him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Spacedad posted:

When you consider the original Kenshiro is just an outfit carbon copy of Mad Max who turns into a Bruce Lee clone whenever his regenerating shirt is ripped off,

How the hell is this a flaw?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Annnd warner brothers blocked it. Do they upload these on any other sites?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The reason he appeared so ugly in his first appearance is because we saw him from the perspective of Dio who obviously thought no man could be as fabulous as himself.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Underworld was kind of sort of that.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

It wasn't the killing the harvest that did it, it was the actual explosion. It was right next to him.

He could have tried having all his harvests cover the explosion with their bodies, but since that'd take like half his harvests he probably would have wound up in about the same situation.

Thought in that case the damage probably wouldn't have been situated specifically in his face. It would have been dispersed across his body probably making it more survivable.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

You might just be thinking of his guards, but D4C does do some wacky stuff, so maybe. There's that whole part where Dio and Wekapipo think they shot Johnny because of dimensions overlapping or whatever. It settles down pretty quickly after that, though.

That section confused me more than King Crimson ever did.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Vagithug posted:

Isn't that the whole point of Stardust Crusaders?

no that's Diamond is not Crash

in stardust crusaders it was a bunch of manly men and psychopaths

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dudermcbrohan posted:

The sun's "important" for joseph's OH MY GOD! and jotaro's, polnareff's, and kakyoin's laughs. Other than that it's pretty filler.

So basically the most important part of Stardust Crusaders.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The part 8 time power will be nostalgia.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

darealkooky posted:

If you're going over the Jojo project translations, please remove the overuse of 「japanese quotation marks」. It sounds kinda 「cool」 for stuff like 「stand」 names but their use of it is 「loving stupid」 and 「overused」. Nobody 「talks」 like this in 「english」 and it often gets as bad as 「several」 in a single 「speech bubble」

Have you considered getting 「good taste」 instead?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

So are these PVS ever going to get subbed so I can shwo them to my anime only friends who have no idea what is going on?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

either that or the fact he is one the character portraits passing the torch to joseph.

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Apr 4, 2014

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Really if Joseph had had more than one kid the fight against Dio would have been a lot easier. Imagine if him and his 6 beefy grandkids had rolled up to Egypt.

The family would have ran out of Jo names pretty fast.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Orgia Carnaval posted:

I completely forgot about Shizuka.

achtung baby was probably a diabolical psychopath too though

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Nahxela posted:

I wonder how weird it would be to first have your Stand awaken and it's a loving cruise ship.

Not much if you're a hyper intelligent gorilla

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The lucky areas are naturally occurring all the stand does is tell you where they are.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kabanaw posted:

Can't wait till they find out what the final arcana stand is :allears:

When does the world get name dropped anyways

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

WickedHate posted:

They were just jumping punching the air really hard. :colbert:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Edit: Actually, Part 4 has Reimi the ghost girl finishing off Kira instead of any of the Stand users.

How is that finishing him off when he's already dead? Wouldn't the fire truck driver count anyways?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Perigryn posted:

(they're actually native Mexicans).

:ssh: Mexico is in the americas.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

amuayse posted:

Since it's implied that a large part of Passione are stand users and we see only a small number of the members, why haven't they taken over all of Italy?

If you run the biggest mafia in italy then you already run italy stands or not.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The Jorge Joestar novel says SBR and jojolion happened before parts 1 through 6 but other than that it's really stated at all where the two universes are in relation to each other chronologically.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Because flowers are fabulous unlike squirrels.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Araki loves his call backs.

She doesn't look fine at all!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Pomp posted:

Rohan survived the universal reset by being so concentrated on his manga work that he didn’t even notice Made in Heaven’s effect, somehow making him immune to it.

This is basically canon though.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I've been re-reading part 4 and realized fatty dies pretty quickly after being introduced. I wonder what the thought process behind that was.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Dio turning the guy into a vampire is different from healing Kayoin being impaled by a muscle ghost's fist and then being propelled at high speeds into a water tower, at which point he died.

Joseph got stabbed through the throat with a knife.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

Iggy had the saddest death in part 3. Can't wait to see people react to him having the poo poo kicked out of him. Assuming all the other dog brutality hasn't desensitized them, holy gently caress.

Iggy got off light compared to how he died in the ova.

Butt Ghost posted:

Uh, is the Jorge Joestar novel canon? Is Dio Brando actually Jesus Christ?

No but yes

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Okay most important jojo question of all time: Why didn't Kakoyin just run over hol horse with that truck?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Hol Horse was not the first thing on his mind.

He was however right in front of him.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I feel like that just spoils the entire premise.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

legendsuper posted:

Most of these fights don't need 2 episodes at all though. If they want the anime to be genuine, they won't add too many filler.

Justice honestly deserves zero episodes.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

standard owl posted:

Polnareff licking a toilet and then being made fun of by the others deserves at least an entire episode!

Have empress come back and end up on polnareffs chin somehow.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Obviously the cat is petshops friend.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You know when you think about it okuyasu would have probably been able to defeat sheer heart attack within seconds.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mr. Maltose posted:

I always like Survivor for being a stand even Dio thinks is completely loving useless. Nut King Call is the best stand name though.

It still almost got joylene killed though.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wouldn't kira be one of those white noise posters or just lurk?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Wonder what Crunchyroll is gonna change his name to.

steamy dan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Since he has the world shouldn't we call him DIEGO.

• Locked thread