Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Hey everybody, I think I kinda found the coolest thing ever, even though it gives me a feeling so complicated.
Love it, though I'm not sure everyone will appreciate this.

If you want to know what it is, it's a mash-up of Roundabout and Space Jam by the Quad City DJs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Hey guys, did you know Joseph's VA sung a Japanese version of One Jump Ahead from Aladdin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36MN5dc4O0E

It's sort of appropriate because Joseph faintly reminds me of Aladdin.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 17, 2013

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Yeah, everything looks more flat than usual. The character reveals are usually made with 3D models, but there's little hint of any depth here.

On another note, does anyone remember Angelo from Part 4? The guy who killed Josuke's grandfather? He had a stand that could turn into liquids and take away control of the body from whoever drank it. It reminded me of Soft & Wet and its ability to take away attributes using bubbles. I'm not sure if that will hold any significance to the story, but who knows.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I must say, I'm enjoying how smug Fatty looks here, considering he caused much a-bloo-bloo-blooing when he was announced.

"The final slot didn't go to Diego! It went to me, Shigekiyo!" :smug:

Of course, that statement isn't entirely accurate, since there's always DLC, but...

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

God drat, I already bought this game but I would kill if we could get ASB and a bluray of the anime in English.
It saddens me that we will probably never get to hear Crispin Freeman as Dio, though I wonder if he could pull off a good WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
But how can hair have a Stand when it's already dead?

I mean that literally. Hair is made up of dead skin cells.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Nahxela posted:

We've seen stands activate on the user's death :colbert:
So the pompadour was possibly like a never-living version of Foo Fighters, then. A collective of dead cells that "controlled" a stand.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

NovaPolice posted:

Regardless; agreeing with Soulcleaver on how everything should be like SBR; a more coherent reinterpretation of Le Bizzarre Avventure di GioGio would be great. Through, I also wouldn't mind the next arc of JoJo to be an original one and not a strange reflection of a previous arc like Steel Ball Run/Phantom Blood and JoJolion/Diamond is Unbreakable.
Clearly, Araki is saving that for part 10. 4 x 2 = 8, so 5 x 2 = 10. Flawless logic.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The new episode of the Abridged Series is out. My favorite scene was Zeppeli punching the frog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXfBJSnCKS8

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Speaking of easy targets, I think Antfish fit in some subtle Twilight-bashing in there. Fire is the only thing that can kill vampires in the Twilightverse, and Zeppeli questions what sort of book says vampires can be killed by fire. It's difficult to tell, because there are probably a million other works that make vampires vulnerable to fire. Maybe I'm just reading too much into a joke from a silly recut of an animated series.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Tarezax posted:

Cookie clicker has reached Japan.

I hope the Stand is named Monster, after the R.E.M. album.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Wonder if it's going to be one of those online-only deals, like Tokyo Jungle.

Also, if they have to change the names, I hope they change Purple Haze to Pestis Haze.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm actually sort of thankful for the monthly system now, because now I can take time to adjust to all the terrifying poo poo that just happened. Sweet lord, things escalated quickly.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
That seems a bit too harsh. Tsurugi is creepy and manipulative, but an ORAORAORA barrage could gently caress up a nine year old far more than needed. Maybe he'll be punished in some other way. After all, Soft & Wet has a lot of capabilities.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Man, what's with Yasuho and her tendency to attract creepily possessive males? I know Stand users are destined to meet weird people, but she seems to get a specific type of weird. At least Yotsuyu isn't possessive of her, though trying to drown her is hardly any better.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
What I like most about those designs is that Joseph actually looks like an older version of himself. Previous versions of older Joseph felt like different people, for whatever reason.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
So the plot revolves around mysteries, and Norisuke's Stand is comprised of puzzle pieces. I honestly can't tell if that's significant or not.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

I dunno. I thought it was kiiiiinda bullshit that Josuke wasn't the one to defeat Kira for realsies. Maybe he'll get more limelight the second time around.
Agreed, but I want Yasuho to have a big hand in the main villain's defeat. Like, she starts out not even knowing she has a Stand, and slowly improves until she ends up so skilled that she manages to get some good shots in on Josuke's time-loving nemesis.

Speaking of which, what time powers can Araki choose for Part 8's big bad? We've got freezing, rewinding, skipping, accelerating, and picking other selves from different timelines so far.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Maremidon posted:

They should authorize one of those spin-off light novels about her. You could do some fun stuff with invisibility and the power to turn other things invisible.
She's also a Joestar, so she needs a Zeppeli BFF who will inevitably die for her sake, just like the rest of her fellow Joestars. Of course, Jorge didn't know anyone named Zeppeli to my knowledge, but...

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

For example, I really didn't like Part 4's conclusion my first time through because I really wanted Josuke to be the one to take down Kira.
Imagine if Kira slipped in a reference to "the brat with the god-awful hair" in his rant to Hayato. He would have spent the rest of eternity as a fancy watch.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Shinobu getting the Kira watch would be all kinds of twisted. She'd lament the disappearance of her "husband", not knowing he's holding her wrist (in a sense) and suffering from the worst case of sexual frustration ever.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 9, 2014

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Momomo posted:

This is the only part of the fight I found truly disappointing. I thought the entire part was leading up to Kira insulting his hair, but unfortunately not.
That probably would have broken the tension. Kira insulting the man who saved him from freezing to death would have infuriated Josuke while also preserving the dramatic momentum, but how would he know about that?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Ideal proportions.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The most recent episode, for some reason, made me think of Part 6 Jotaro in Part 3 style with a full beard. I think Huge Jotaro would look pretty good with some facial hair, but 17 year old Jotaro with a beard would just make the contrast between his age and his appearance even more ridiculous.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I think of it as Diavolo travelling a few seconds further in time, while everyone else acts as if he's still there in the time he travels over.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

:siren: Part 4 is now fully retranslated! :siren:

Vol. 45

Vol. 46/47
I know some people wanted Josuke to finish off Kira, but Josuke hosed him up pretty good. Even if he didn't deal the final blow, he did do most of the legwork. He supported the team immensely, which is appropriate, since his Stand is one of the best support Stands out there.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You know what would've been great? If he was the one who had fought Alessi. We could've had BT Joseph return for a short while.
Alessi even had a submachine gun, which would be perfect for calling back to that one time Joseph shot up Straits and smashed his face in. Araki would have probably found a different way for Joseph to dispatch Alessi, though.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The faces of the other Crusaders and Alessi, to be specific. ASB really missed out by not including ridiculous "What If" scenarios.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Then the way he gets killed is amazing and hilariously fitting for him.
loving with Lucy Steel is dangerous, man. I wasn't expecting Erina's counterpart to explode the final boss's head.

Edit: come to think of it, that was the second time in a row the final villain of a part was dispatched by someone other than the protagonist.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 18, 2014

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

http://jojosbizarrevoices.tumblr.com/post/89078651655/propane-nightmare

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Concerning the latest chapter: how long do you bet that dog will last before it gets brutally killed?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
"Now experience the power of my Stand,「Wayward Son」!"

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

amuayse posted:

I hope the villain of Jojolion doesn't have a punchghost stand.
I hope the villain of Jojolion is a bit like OT Josuke. A laid-back attitude coupled with intense greed, maybe.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I should probably want something Italian for the Part 5 ED, but really I want something by NSYNC because Vento Aureo took place during the Boy Band Era of music, and I get the impression Bruno and co. were designed to appeal to teenage girls. This might work if you imagine Giorno singing it to the people under Passione's "protection".

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

darealkooky posted:

The best part of that, is that the credits are always about 1:30, just as the song hits a perfect point to fade out.

Even if it would break this trend that isn't actually a thing, I'm really hoping part 5 gets this
Maybe it would fit if it switched to the chorus at the end at around 1:13.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Eat poo poo :getin:
We're nowhere near Death 13, though.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The second part of Lovers plays out much like a road trip slice of life, as the Crusaders move on to the next town and enjoy the local niceties while Star Platinum drags along Dan for the ride and continues to clobber him.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Rubber Soul.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I hope he gets renamed after Heart or one of their works, but I'm going with Charlemagne for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
He wasn't infected with a Flesh Bud. It was actually Lovers loving with his nerves. If he tried to use the Ripple on it, it would probably work about as well as his first attack on the Empress.

• Locked thread