Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

SpaceMost posted:

I've been watching Legend of Galactic Heroes and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good sci-fi manga. Everything I've come across seems either for young audiences, or involves giant robots, but I'm looking for something space opera-ish or otherwise more Western sci-fi.
Unfortunately space opera and more serious scifi fare manga rarely get translated. There are a few though like Planetes or Pluto give those a try. Space Opera is going to be a bit more difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

KittyEmpress posted:

I like shounen and senien manga/anime where people get their rear end beat into the pavement, and could care less about plot.

I enjoy fighting and HEROIC WILLPOWER in these.

Series I am currently reading/watching: The Breaker: New Waves, HSDK, One Piece, Assassination Classroom, Onepunch Man, Claymore, and Beezlebub
The new Hunter X Hunter is right up your alley.

Some other stuff you should check out is Air Master, Bakuen Campus Guardress, Battle Royal High School, Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star, Hurricane Polymar OVA, Kite, Agent Aika, Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer, Variable Geo, Shootfighter Tekken and Natsuki Crisis.

From the Hurricane Polymar OVA.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

If I remember correctly Zorak doesn't like General Questions threads or General News threads and has said if you can't find a thread that the question or piece of news already fits in make a thread for it.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

When you're done with the other 45 years of Lupin III you could try Cat's Eye. It's about three sister thieves based on a manga by Tsukasa Hojo the guy behind City Hunter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LpFar3U_9A

It's 80s as hell, also animated by TMS like Lupin.

Guyver fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 11, 2013

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Fenrir posted:

Is there anything else, old or new, that captures the same kind of feel as Berserk? The closest I've ever found was Claymore, minus the dumb anime ending.
It's not anime but Berserk draws heavily from Robert E Howard's Conan stories. Del Rey has three massive collections out and you can find all of it on Project Gutenburg Australia.

But as far as anime goes I say Berserk is pretty unique. There was a ton of "dark" medieval fantasy OVA's in the 80s and early 90s but they were all giant pauldrons and jrpg writing. The Heroic Legend of Arslan comes close but it never steps off that edge that Berserk does and the two main characters are world's apart in characterization and look.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Any recommendations for a good soccer/tennis sports anime?
Aim for the Ace. Osamu Dezaki directed tennis anime based on a 70s shoujo manga. Fully subbed as of last year. The first couple episodes of Gunbuster are a beat for beat homage to it.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Blhue posted:

I dunno, the main emotion Planetes inspired in me was wanting to punch the male lead in the mouth.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I may revisit it some day because obviously the point is to give them room for growth, and Eureka Seven (for instance) started out nearly as bad. But not today.

wielder posted:

Outside of certain parts where you are, in fact, meant to think about punching him...I felt he was a jerk but a relatively sympathetic one.

Generally speaking, I'd say the series worked for me and it did have plenty of heartwarming moments but also others where it almost kicks you in the face.
Read the manga. Everything wrong with the Planetes anime isn't there. The stupid moon ninja, Ai being forced into every god drat scene, the lame third world space pod plot, the loving filler episode where the parents of some kid take him to the moon so they can have a good old fashioned family suicide because their business failed (I hated this episode so much), the massive amount of filler in general, Hachimaki being insufferable most of the time and it's better paced. The anime stretches out a part of the story that was a handful of chapters into a good third of the series.

The manga is by Makoto Yukimura who is currently doing Vinland Saga.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I don't think you're ever going to find a show as "realistic" as Gasaraki. The amount of thought that went into "if you were going to make a military power armor how would you go about it" for the TA's is pretty unprecedented in anime and in everything else for that matter but...

Read Appleseed. If you like AT's and TA's from Votoms and Gasaraki you'll like Landmates. Plus it's probably one of my favorite manga.

There's Blue Gender, another Takahashi show, which I liked well enough but a lot people didn't. Mostly because there's big chunk of the show that has absolutely no budget. The mecha in it are drat cool though.

There's this one shot OVA called Dead Heat about racing what is basically a motorcycle on legs with arms. Think Rideback with out transformation part, the stupid poorly thought out political stuff and it being from the 80s. It's not that great but some of the race scenes are fun. Might as well try Rideback too.

Another one shot called Metal Skin Panic MADOX-01 about this guy who finds a prototype power armor/mecha that fell of the back of a truck and accidentally activates it trapping him inside. Having a date with his girlfriend across town that night he has to make his way through the city in the 12 foot robot suit all while the military is trying to get the thing back. It's funny and there's a ton of super detailed mechanical animation.

Innocent Venus a show from 2006 about two special forces soldiers who take a young girl under their protection instead of kidnapping her for the government that for whatever reason wants her captured. The Big Problem with it is the robots are CG and they look like warmed over poo poo. The action is really well choreographed in both 2D and CG so I'd like to say that makes up for if but it doesn't really. Only watch if you can take lovely CG.

There's also a few shows that while not really what you want would probably be a good idea to watch. Two of them Takahashi.

The first is Fang of the Sun Dougram. It's kind of the missing link between Gundam and Votoms. Dougram is about the son of a rich earth family who joins a guerrilla terrorist group after seeing the wrongs committed against the colony planet Deloyer by the Earth Government. The action is a bit more Gundam than Votoms but there's a lot of focus on politics and class.

Then there's SPT Layzner which probably has the best directed mecha action Sunrise made in the 80s and considering some of the shows they made then that's saying something. It's about a young alien named Eiji who is trying to warn humanity about his peoples planned invasion. Only he's pursued and in the crossfire both the US and Soviet Mars bases are destroyed. Having no one left to contact on Mars; Eiji and the survivors have to fight their way back to earth.

Lastly Round Vernian Vifam. It's about a group of 13 children who surviving an alien attack on the planet colony where they lived are forced to pilot a ship home to Earth themselves after having the all but one of the adults die in raids by the aliens. Vifam is one of those rare shows in the 80s that tried to be entertainment first and toy commercial second, they don't even get to the robots for the first six or so episodes and the show is better for it. Once the ball gets rolling though there's a lot of good action and surprisingly the mostly child cast isn't a negative. None of them are annoying, they stand out as individuals and they make for decent characters to watch. drat near the opposite of most every child cast in anime.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Looking for a good "We use magic, magic owns" anime. I'd prefer the MC not be loser or super special non-magic user, but those are fine, too. It can be action, romance, comedy or whatever. As long as it has magic and magic using people doing things that are awesome.

Edit: Just not Fairy Tail.

First thing that comes to mind is Slayers. It's about powerful young sorceress named Lina Inverse with a temperament that has her dropping the magical equivalent of a MOAB on people who slight her. Hasn't aged super well but it's not horrible or anything. Cardcaptor Sakura would work it's got magic people doing magic stuff. Great production but it's Clamp so there's stuff that can be a bit off putting about some of the side character's relationships if you sit down and think about them. Might want to check out this season's The Devil is a Part-Timer.

DamnGlitch posted:

Speaking of, what the gently caress has gainax been up to recently?
Hemorrhaging talent mostly. They're doing some airsoft club cute girls doing cute things show this summer, which is normal for Gainax to do a few adaptations to pay the bills, and apparently going forward with making Blue Uru a movie they've been talking about since the early 90s. Who knows when or if they're going to something original again.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

A lot of the flavor of Patlabor comes from Headgear member and co-founder Masami Yuuki. You can trace pretty much all the humor of the franchise from him and his style of manga. He did the original Patlabor manga of which two volumes were released and scanlations go up to volume four... of 22. Yuuki's work is mostly untranslated but two have a good amount in English Birdy the Mighty and Kyuukyoku Choujin R.

Birdy the Mighty is about an intergalactic police officer who accidentally "kills" an earth boy. To save his life she shares her body with his mind until the aliens can fix his body. It's funny, there's a lot of action and the story is pretty good. But like I said no one is tripping over themselves to translate it. Birdy has gone through a couple different manga incarnations because of magazine problems. The original Birdy is translated, Birdy II the longest running version is only about half translated and the newer Birdy Evolution from 2008 isn't at all. There was an OVA directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri in the 90s which is drat good with some slick action and a TV show Birdy the Mighty Decode a couple years ago which was also great. Decode was more of a modern retelling instead of a adaptation though. Still good.

Kyuukyoku Choujin R is about a robot. A robot named R that wants to go to school; hijinks ensue. That's it. It's a simple gag manga but the jokes and characters are funny. Only about two volumes have been translated. There was an OVA but there's no subs.

There's also Assemble Insert. Which has none of the manga translated but there was an OVA that made it over to the states. It's okay.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also why did no-one tell me there was a CGI Appleseed 13-episode series? Is it any good?
No.

Each episode was farmed out in whole to a different studio so there's no consistency in the art or animation. Briareos and Deunan have none of the chemistry they have in the manga. Mostly because Deunan is busy acting like a petulant child and Briareos basically being a board for Deunan to bounce off of. Most of the action is messy Landmate dogfights because animating the Lademates maneuvering on the ground would have taken some effort.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

DamnGlitch posted:

Japanese CG is poo poo garbage unless it comes out of their video game industry, for some reason.
It's because anime studios cheap out on the CG animation. CG isn't actually cheaper than conventional 2d animation like a lot of people think, it's just easier. There aren't a lot of animators in Japan, or the world for that matter, right now who can do mechanical animation in 2D well so they use CG to smooth out the process. The problem being to do it right it takes a lot of time which means a lot of hours clocked by animators and since anime budgets are tiny they have to weigh if it's good enough. Sadly a lot of the time it comes down to the fact that it would probably look worse if they tried to do it in conventional animation.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

RebBrownies posted:

Is Gundam Wing good? As a child I didn't understand it at all and I was wondering if that was because I was stupid or because it was very politics driven?

I'm just wondering why did LOGH get such a revival in popularity? I was a huge weeaboo in the early 2000s and never heard of it?
Gundam Wing is terrible.

One reason you didn't hear about it might be because good subs for the main LoGH series didn't finish till 2007.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Blamestorm posted:

Can someone recommend a show with a good romance that has an actual ending, some nice character building, an interesting protagonist who isn't a ridiculous introvert/empty space and maybe some drama/action/tension for kicks?
Maison Ikkoku. It's about a collage student named Yusaku Godai who falls in love with his recently widowed new landlady Kyoko Otonashi. A lot of the story is Godai trying to find his way in the world and Kyoko trying to come to terms with the loss of her husband. Lots of ups and downs, misunderstandings, rivalry, tender and comedic moments. It's got a great cast, an ending that's satisfying and is just a classic romance anime.

The big problem is the original creator. Rumiko Takahashi who if you have any experience with her works she has a tendency to run things into the ground. Luckily Maison Ikkoku is of her long works the lest effected by this since it was published in a seinen magazine. It's still long though at 96 episodes.

Probably one of my favorite TV shows.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The thing with anime from that time period is there's not that much translated so people's options are kind of limited. However there are some greats that have been translated.

Cutey Honey being one of them. Honey is one of Go Nagai's most enduring characters and the original series has a lot of fun characters, exciting action and some seriously trippy visuals. Honey spends her days at school and her nights tracking down the thieves who killed her father.

Space Battleship Yamato possibly started sci-fi anime as we know it. The earth will be a dead in a year from alien attack but there's hope that the Yamato and her crew can travel to the planet Iscandar and back with a way to save everyone before time is up. They may be remaking the show with a glossy new coat of paint but the original endures as one of the best anime ever made.

Future Boy Conan's influence on Ghibli and anime in general is still felt to this day. Years after a great catastrophe leaves the earth in ruins Conan lives on an island with his grandfather, one day a young girl washes ashore; she's the first person he has ever met and changes his life forever. Miyazaki's first and only full TV series Conan is great fun.

Space Pirate Captain Harlock would be worth watching if only for Captain Harlock's swagger but thankfully the show has a lot more going for it. Sailing the sea of stars Harlock and the crew of the Arcadia live lives of free men in an age of sloth and decadence all while fighting to protect the Earth that vilifies them.

If Yamato was the origin of sci-fi anime Mobile Suit Gundam took that and molded it and refined it. War is hell and Gundam was meant to make sure a generation of Japanese children knew that. First Gundam was a ground breaking piece of entertainment that spawned an megafranchise still going to this day. A young Amuro Ray climbs into the Federation's newest weapon just to survive an attack from Zeon forces on his home colony and is conscripted to fight in a war he never asked for. Gundam explores revenge, PTSD, the horrors of war, the grey uncertainty of it all and where humanity is headed. People give first gundam crap having a low budget but there are parts of it that look better than most of what you'd see today. If you can't take what's in between there's three compilation movies you could watch instead. Personally I think the series tells the story better.

Rose of Versailles is a good show when Nagahama is directing but when Osamu Dezaki takes over it just gets this unbelievable flare to it that gives the show a life of its own. Oscar Francois de Jarjeyes is assigned to protected Marie Antoinette in the french court and the rest is history. Love, drama, scandal and intrigue all with the a backdrop of the waning French Empire and Revolution to come. There's more but you should really watch for yourself.

The more I write the more shows I think of like Gatchaman, Aim for the Ace, Genshi Shounen Ryu, Zambot 3, Daitarn 3, Triton of the Sea, Yamato 2, Devilman, Combattler/Voltes V and Galactic Express 999. Then there's the shows that are in the process of being subbed like Casshern, Hurrican Polymar, Tomorrow's Joe, Sabu to Ichi, Starzinger and the original Cyborg 009. It'd take me all day.

Just a couple quick things on manga. Comixology has a bunch of Ishinormori stuff to check out. For more early manga take a look at Happy Scans. Go Nagai's Devilman, Black Lion and Gakuen Taikutsu Otoko are fully translated and great reads. Also translated is Yokoyama Mitsuteru's(Tetsujin 28/Giant Robo) incredibly sad masterpiece Mars.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Senior Scarybagels posted:

So here is the deal; I am working on a (not a completely comprehensive) list of animation I want to watch. Most of it I have gotten from books on animation history. The animation thread has thrown me a few good ones, but I want to see if you guys could throw me some suggestions on what you consider to be the 10 important classics of Japanese animation.
There's a Japanese wiki called Sakuga@wiki which maintains a list of productions with notable animation you might want to check out.

http://www18.atwiki.jp/sakuga/pages/100.html

and here's a translation from 2010
http://2chan.us/wordpress/2010/05/01/sakugawikis-list-of-recommended-sakuga-anime/

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

There's always Cat's Eye. It's about three sister thieves who run a cafe as their day job.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Adult oriented anime doesn't really do adventure that often. Kaiba fits the bill, I'd think. There's a good bit of fun action, the story is pretty interesting and a lot of it has a nice sense of wonder to it. There are sexual elements but they aren't like what you'd see in Gurren Lagann where characters are out right sexualized.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

If I want some good rear end animation, but I've already seen the mainstays (Akria, Ghibli, Redline, GiTS, etc.), where would I look?
Just for animation? Youtube is a good place to get your bearings. Give "sakuga" a search. What comes up will be one of two things, either a video of the best cuts in a current anime or a spliced together video of an animator's body of work. Nearly all but the most budget starved or most poorly produced TV anime have some excellent work in them. Some shows with good animation are just lovely so personally I've given up chasing it through shows that never would have peaked my interest otherwise. If a show has some good animation in it then sooner or later someone is going to put it on Youtube or word will get out that lovely Otaku Show #134 has a 30 second cut that will blow your mind and you can just watch that.

Twitter has a lot of animation nerds so that's a good place to look.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

TheWorldIsSquare posted:

EDIT: Oh, and sort of broad but is there a single western/western-inspired anime that isn't a space western?
There's Leiji Matsumoto's Gun Frontier. It's about Harlock and Tochiro being cowboys. It's also skeevy as hell with tons of rape and sexual violence against women because Matsumoto is a creepy bastard when left to his own devices. I haven't actually seen the anime and I hear it's toned down but I have read some of the manga and it get's pretty bad. Though it might count as a space western in a loose sense because the entire planet is like a western movie.

There's also this one shot OVA called Early Reins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoDEtsJT7K8

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

sinky posted:

I found the first episode of Mnemosyne so :stonk: that I stopped watching it, so it might be what you are looking for. Maybe it gets even more super hosed up after that.
Three words. Cannibal Rape Angels.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Yawara fits the bill. The manga is basically what put Urasawa Naoki on the map. It's got a bit of drama and lots of comedy though it doesn't go really deep into the Judo since the story is more about Yawara's life than the sport. The manga last I looked is partially translated and there's a 124 episode series that is fully subbed.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Geek U.S.A. posted:

Can I talk about shows I recently watched here? Cause I finished Gargantia and I was pleasantly surprised. The writing gets goofy at times, but the main sci fi themes are solid and the series even has a 'first contact' bit which is pulled off very well. There is also a twist which will be a treat to fans of Herbert's Destination Void and Watt's Blindsight.

The pacing is set at a slow burn but the show's only 12 eps so that kinda offsets it. It's not an amazing show but I found it enjoyable and a nice holdover until the fall shows start.
You might want to check out the 1985 Ryousuke Takahashi show SPT Layzner which was a huge and obvious influence on Gargantia. It's not fully subbed but the subbers have 31 of 38 episodes done.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

You have no idea.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The closest you'll come to Redline is an OVA by the same director called Trava: Fist Planet. Takeshi Koike's style is really unique and there's not a lot of it. Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine has the style but the animation never lives up to the promise.

Jormungand is pretty close to Black Lagoon. Lots of fun gun fights and a sense of humor but having a darker more serious underbelly. Though Jormungand never gets as bleak as Black Lagoon. Fun note. The author of Jormungand's manga made a chapter in a Rei Hiroe (Black Lagoon's creator) tribute book where the casts meet and Hiroe made a comment that all the chapters in the book are considered Black Lagoon canon. So Jormungand in fact takes place in Black Lagoon's future.

As for Azazel-san you might want to try another comedy by the same director called Hare+Guu.

Guyver fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Oct 9, 2013

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

You wouldn't think it but there is a ton of swashbuckling in Cutey Honey in the original anyway. And if you're okay with space stuff definitely check out the various Harlock and Queen Emereldas anime.

There's a Three Musketeers anime currently being subbed by Live-evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzWIvjYT7M

No subbes but there's The Star of the Seine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koD_7Etbw80

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Violet_Sky posted:

Yay or nay on Magic Knight Rayearth?
It goes from okay to decent. Kind of a generic fantasy anime till they get the giant god robots.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

While Neo Ranga had a robot in it the thing was comic relief and all the real fighting is done by Ranga and other gods/giant monsters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6XIb7TIhV4

Also Ranga is Kaiju Santa Claus.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Good news Discotek licensed Devilman TV. So it should be out sooner or later. Yeah, Neo Ranga does the half episode thing it is one of the early ones if your only counting the ones when they started doing it a lot in the late 90s, there were a few before that.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

edit: I just finished episode 39, which seems to have ended the "main arc" and realized something: What ever happened with the "black kirin in Japan who meets Sugimoto" plot thread? It seems like it was just dropped once things started picking up with Yoko/Suzu/Shoukei.
Part of a book that never got animated and probably never will.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

Hi, I'd just like to say that I have uploaded a hard to find fan sub (I had to download it from an obscure blog) of Sally the Witch to youtube. I love Sally the Witch and I want everyone to watch it, so here you go!

Nipponophile posted:

Thanks for posting this. It's a quaint little show.

TSHS is obscure? The guy that runs it just finished subbing all of Giant Gorg. Everything they sub is pretty much gold.

http://skarohuntingsociety.blogspot.com/search/label/Mahou%20Tsukai%20Sally

For more. He did the first six episodes then switched to the color ones.

Nanto also subs Sabu & Ichi if you want some more really good black and white anime.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Conot posted:

Looking for something comedic, but with story to it (so not Nichijou). Fantasy settings, whether medieval fantasy or sci-fi are preffered to modern, although modern-fantasy is good.
xxxHolic springs to mind. It's a modern-fantasy type deal with the main character being some kind of bad spirit magnet who finds his way to a little out of the way shop that grants wishes. It's a fun little show directed by Tsutomu Mizushima based on a Clamp manga.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Rkelly posted:

I loved the new hunter x hunter and really want more. I am 50 episodes into yu yu hakusho and really want something with a large number of episodes to burn thru when i have insomnia. Any ideas?
Dragon Ball would probably be right up your alley.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Orguss has nothing at all to do with Macross they just used the 'Super Dimensional' thing in the title because it came out soon after and Macross was popular. The only thing they share is the character designer, as far as I know. You can also completely watch the Orguss 02 OVA series without watching the TV series and it's one of the better mecha shows of the period.
Actually Orguss and SDF Macross share a chief director (Noboru Ishiguro), musical composer (Kentaroh Haneda), head writer (Kenichi Matsuzaki) and several script writers, storyboard artists and animators.

But yes they are two completely different series apart from the staff.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

I knew I was going to be wrong about that. :v:

On that note, is the original Orguss TV series worth a watch? I could do with taking a break from going through my Tomino backlog but still feel like something 80's and I've never actually seen it.
If you're into '80s robot shows I'd sat so. The robot part of the show is actually kind of underwhelming but the characters and setting make up for it.

Out of the three Super Dimension shows (Macross, Orguss and Southern Cross) Orguss is probably my favorite.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

Alright, here's something of an unusual request. I want you to recommend me your favorite manga. I don't care what genre, what demographic, or even if it's finished or not. I'm looking for something new to read and I'm not feeling like anything in particular, so why not cast a wide net? Here's some of the more popular manga I have read/am reading, to be a little helpful.
Yokoyama Mitsuteru's Mars

An incredibly bleak classic robot manga from the 70's with some of Yokoyama's best art in it.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Haven't had the chance to sit down and watch it yet but I did skim through it and the action and visuals look awesome.

Except the feathered hair, holy poo poo Japan stop with the feathered hair.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Relambrien posted:

There is one single night of mahjong that had been happening in the manga when the anime was airing--and to this day still isn't over, if I remember right. Despite that, I thought it was great.
It ended a couple months ago, after 15 years spanning 20 volumes.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Nope. Still not over

Washizu just had some sort of near death experience and has come back. He appears to be super hosed up through.
Really? Goddamn Fukumoto. I guess it's been going on long enough there's just no way to end it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Smornstein posted:

Is Saint Seiya any good literally all i know about it what little of the anime got dubbed and i only vaguely remember a little of it from when i was a kid.
If you like shonen battle anime the original Saint Seiya is decent. Don't expect a great story but there are some fun characters and some nicely animated violence.

The filler sections can be a bit of a drag but there's plenty of lists that will tell you which episodes to just skim through.

• Locked thread