Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

ah great a thread to poast my shame in

2015 Core Set x1
StormWing x1
Fire Giant King & Queen x1
Pretty Deadly x1

I ordered another pretty deadly cause that lady oni :swoon:. by the time these show up we'll probably have stopped playing anything and I'll be over this painting folly I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Bad Munki posted:

I haven't gotten to play since before the first bones campaign and yet here I am, dropping half a G on plastic mansters again.

one of the guys in my group brought our attention to the second ks and I shot it down saying we haven't played in months and they'll just gather dust in my closet. well, we're playing again and i'm looking forward to these models gathering dust in my closet

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Yes, this is exactly what I want.

Clearly female, clearly feminine, without tits falling out or whatever, complete with a real badass stance and tons of details.

Cat Face Joe posted:

I ordered another pretty deadly cause that lady oni :swoon:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Got a silver dragon done up for a coworkers DnD game and as a test for DDS

i somehow missed this. this is real nice and a great use of metallics

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

The recent ogres and bugbears are real good.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

So in conclusion, just go pick out whatever you think looks sweet as hell cause there's a whole lot.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

If I wanted to pick up a huge batch of plastic models, what's the best way to buy prior reaper bones batches in bulk? I have ordered a bunch of season 3 models via the pledge manager but would be keen to pick up some KS 1 and 2 sets. The obvious channels are eBay and just a huge pile of stuff from an online store but wondering if I am missing anything / what's the best value

What do you consider huge? If it's enough Reaper themselves would probably sell to you.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Yeah it's captain invictus. He has an SA Mart thread.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

moths posted:

Weird, I'll try on my desktop when I get home.

Are you on your phone? I've always gotten a cert error from the pledge manager on mine.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Heat up a pot of water on the stove. Some people say boiling but I don't think it needs to be. Drop the model in for a bit and pull it out. You know when it's ready when you touch it. Hold it in the shape you want and dunk it in a bowl of ice water. This is also a good time to scrub the poo poo out of it to get the mold release off it.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

New update about freight shipping bankruptcies and poo poo, but who cares about that(since it doesn't matter to Reaper really), Bones Core Set pictures!

the most sugoi mr. bones

ugh im regretting this purchase

my great shame will force me to paint every one of these :rip:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Bachtere posted:

Great shame. Great.

I have actually had the mini painted for about a year. Just not the base. I've also not painted anything in about a year.

I blame Munki, somehow.

hey there great shame buddy :negative::hf::negative:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Signal posted:

I think it's like an inch, inch and a half. Definitely doable as an objective, although it will not fit on a 25mm base.

What about a 40mm?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

PirateDentist posted:

Looks like it'd fit on a 40mm no problem. I hope to use it for a beacon marker, which is 25mm. If it's a bit over it'd probably be just fine. No one busts out the micrometers around here.

Yeah, this is what I'm after. I was looking at these the other day for the same purpose as you.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Julie Guthrie and Bob Ridolfi look exactly like I imagined them, right down to their concerned expressions.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

A lovely Reporter posted:

Y'know, as someone who back this last one as their first Bones Kickstarter, maybe they shouldn't be starting a new one until they actually deliver their last one. But apparently that's crazy talk, since I never see a company do that.

This is exactly what the previous two poasts are saying Reaper is doing.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

I can't even remember. Core set obviously. The fire giants? Something else probably.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

^thanks^

Cat Face Joe posted:

ah great a thread to poast my shame in

2015 Core Set x1
StormWing x1
Fire Giant King & Queen x1
Pretty Deadly x1

I ordered another pretty deadly cause that lady oni :swoon:. by the time these show up we'll probably have stopped playing anything and I'll be over this painting folly I'm in

there it is

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Ashcans posted:

Oh good, I was worried that I was the only person not to have bought the entire farm. :v:

Obviously I was roaring down the pledge manager clicking add on anything remotely interesting but my survival instincts kicked in and I walked away from the computer for a bit.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

Someone ought to contact his congressman and push for this project to receive federal funding

Already done. Once I informed them that Bones plastic is white they pushed it right through.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Bachtere posted:

Bone zone. Got my Wave 1 shipment today.

It's one thing to see the previews of some of these next to Sir Forscale, but in person, these are just massive. Not just Ma'aldraakor, but T'Raukzul, the Purple Worm, the Froghemoth are big rear end miniatures. T'Raukzul is practically a statue like Ma'aldraakor.

:jackbud:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Falstaff posted:

Got my bones assembled, washed, and sorted! Ready for painting!

(...yeah, I'm basically never going to finish all these.)

I've gone from hype to nauseous.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I've found it helps if you separate and bag your minis by type. Like, all the orcs in one bag, elves in another, Asian-style beings in a third, all the spacemans, the lizardmans, why do i have so many lizardmans....

...Okay, maybe "helps" isn't the right word here. But it's great for, um, keeping perspective! :suicide:

the issue is more that we just moved and there's no place to put all this. It'll be in its box for a long time.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Wasn't their answer "just keep it" during the last one?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Just got the postage notification.

Cat Face Joe posted:

I've gone from hype to nauseous.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Has there ever been a description of the Bones casting process? I assume it's the same as the metal models but plastic flows differently than metal so I'm not sure.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Bad Munki posted:

It's not anything special, but it's injection molding, not casting. So there's a multi-part mold that hot molten plastic is forced into under a pretty high pressure. Then the mold is cracked open, the part pops out, and the process is repeated. You can actually get relatively cheap hand-operated injection molding hardware, but it's the molds that are expensive, as they need to be hard, resilient, and very accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1U9W4iNDiQ

Cool, thanks. That's what I figured it was but wasn't sure.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Got mine yesterday. It's all too much.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

There's no cost effective way to mold that in one piece. You'll all get your loose chicken legs to do what you want with

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

headlor posted:

I'm wave 1 (and in the UK) and haven't got poo poo yet. It's a bit loving cheeky to start teasing about Bones 4 when half the world hasn't got Bones 3 yet.

youll back it and you'll love it

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

headlor posted:

Oh no doubt.

And then in a year I'll get hacked off that they have hosed up the shipping of bones 4 in a spectacular fashion.

It's still cheeky.

They claimed that they wouldn't launch 4 until everyone had their poo poo from 3 so here's hoping

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

nor have they put up for retail sale items that aren't delivered to some backers yet.

actually...

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

hell yeah wave 2, way better than wave 14 or whatever last time that ultimately didn't matter at all

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

The core set is always nice for filling out flak but I kinda wish they didn't put the dragon in it.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

boooo at over $300,000 just for Chronoscope models.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Is there not a single sculptor on this planet who has ever seen a titty?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

JackMann posted:

Julie Guthrie too, but she mostly does dragons these days.

Do the dragons have boobs?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Atlas Hugged posted:

Breasts? Milk? Breasts that breathe milk like little grenades?

Bad Munki posted:

Breathmilk

all good guesses

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

gotta get that sabertooth pug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

It's a trap to get you to buy the trolls set!

*makes eye contact with u as i step into the spike pit*

• Locked thread