Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I've seen a number of people not liking Den-O in this thread. Is that just because TVN has the only subs.
I can't wait for Onore to finish and release their subs for it 'cause I've really been meaning to rewatch it but I really don't want to sit through TVN's subs of it again for obvious reasons.

Also Fourze is a great series and Meteor has probably my favorite transformation sequence. It's just so Disco.
:swoon::swoon:
I couldn't find a decent GIF of the actual transformation OK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

SpazmasterX posted:

GoBusters. Almost all of CB-01 is covered by the others.

EDIT: Unless you meant how little it contributes. In which case I point out Hurricanger's red is just the head. :v:

And Yellow takes up probably the largest portion of any mech ever. He's like 85% of the drat thing.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I'm gonna miss Candelira and Luckiero so much. :( They've been my favorite bad guys since Episode 1, especially Luckiero.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I feel I'd like a lot of the Sentai "movies" more if they were about twice the length they normally are. Why won't they make an actual movie instead of an episode of the show with slightly higher production values.

45-minutes to 1-hour with no commercials could be used to make a really cool story, introduce and develop a new character (villain, hero, or supporting cast member), make jokes, and have it all build up to a really cool fight at the end. Instead the Sentai "movies" always feel kinda rushed about everything.

I know it's shown as a double feature with the Rider movie so they can't make it too long, but I don't really think 45-minutes would be bad.

:words: about Sentai "movies"

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Blaze Dragon posted:

It leaves you in this weird spot in which the same person is responsible for Shinkenger and Den-O.

I don't see how that's even close to a bad thing. Den-O is great and Shinkenger is great. :colbert:

Also, that isn't a good comparison anyway since Den-O is primarily a Comedy and Shinkenger is more a Drama.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

These may be the greatest Mooks in the history of Mooks.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Looks like this series will be goofy as hell. And the costumes do look better in motion though I don't think they looked all that bad to begin with.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

They'll move the timeslot before they end the show.

They should move Super Hero Time back or forward an hour and see if not competing with Pokemon will sort out their ratings.

It probably will.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

everythingWasBees posted:

So the flashbacks to the musical in episode 29 of Kyoryuger contain some scenes that weren't present in the musical. Does this mean that there's likely to be a director's cut in the future? The movie's pacing seemed all wrong, and an extra ten minutes or so of exposition would go a long way.

If there is AzraelNewType will likely be quite miffed.

AzraelNewtype posted:

Yes. The movie listing on CDJapan referred to this as the theatrical version, which has me fearing that they've started the bullshit fake "Director's Cut" racket with the tiny Sentai half of the double feature now. I mean, they actually did it last year, but the extended version was available on the same day, they didn't even bait double dippers. The gross editing here suggests they might be.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Surec posted:

I vaguely recall the same thing happening with OOOs, where some people hated on it during its run but by the end of Fourze/beginning of Wizard it was mostly praise. Wonder if it'll happen to Wizard when Gaim is about to end.

Probably not because most of the hate it gets isn't really hate, it's more disappointment and boredom.

Wizard had a pretty good setup and plenty of potential in Episode 1 and just couldn't follow through with it. It ended up being really boring and a lot of people (myself included) dropped it before Beast showed up because nothing was happening. There was no real tension, no looming threat, no masterful villainous plan. Just a pair of underlings sending chumps out every so often to make people cry supposedly to revive their master, but we're given no evidence that it's working early on so our minds ignore it and without an actual threat to the world or our "hero" the story just kinda grinds to a halt.

Like I said Wizard's backstory/lore had potential to go somewhere and could have been engaging and interesting but they seemed to have shot themselves in the foot with the writing.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Dexie posted:

I guess we're only counting main Rider drivers in this, otherwise you'd all be listing the Birth Driver, right? :colbert:

Meteor Driver. :colbert:

So disco.
:dance::dance:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Monathin posted:

There's something about THREE, TWO, ONE that just makes me grin with glee. :allears:

It's because they use some very dramatic camera work during the countdown to let you know that things are about to really heat up.

Also, if we're gonna talk about overdoing a transforamtion sequence then I feel I have to mention Gaim's. Kouta spends too much time swinging the lock around for me. Meanwhile Bravo and Baron keep it simple and quick. I prefer it when a guy is strictly business about beating up monsters/other guys.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 14, 2014

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Justin_Brett posted:

It might have just been me, but that hat Deboss was wearing in the preview looked pretty familiar.

Nope. Nothing to worry about there. It's something completely different.

I am being serious in-case this comes off a sarcastic.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Well this is shaping up to be a pretty good follow-up to Dancing Dinosaurs so far.

Hopefully it doesn't drop the ball halfway through and just stays the course it seems to be headed on.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Pacific Rim footage at 1:17. :v:

Not really caring about Attack on Titan I'll admit it has a pretty good OP and this is a pretty great video.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Waffleman_ posted:

The joke is that the lyric there is "Jaeger."

My mind was too focused on parsing footage for me to make out any lyrics specifically.

I did notice the sudden German halfway through but beyond that it was all white noise as I tried to make out what I was seeing in all these quick flashes of various shows.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Dear Saban,

Don't gently caress this up.

Kyoryu-fans.

Dr Tran posted:

Dear Bandai of America, please make Lucky plush toys available. Thanks in advance.

I would buy this so fast. :swoon:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Blaze Dragon posted:

I think the actual important thing to think about is what role Tommy Oliver will have in this series. Gold or Silver?

Deathryuger probably. :v:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Race Realists posted:

the tv-n dickriders in the comments are pissing me off

quote:

Over-Time is okay but the reason I love Nihon is cause they put a lot more effort in subbing them.

Holy poo poo I've never seen an opinion so wrong before. I can barely breathe right now. :laffo:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Waffleman_ posted:

How does Saban get around Gokaiger footage using ranger suits that weren't adapted into the series?

They loving don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21iPZqVn_oY

Every time I see footage from this it hurts me. Physically. :negative:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

:golfclap: A perfect summary.

I'll never understand why PR people make "Meme" Generators. They never end up funny or very memetic and the reddit meme's they're trying to emulate aren't that funny to begin with.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 6, 2014

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Gekiranger is pretty fun. Shame about only having TVN subs but the choreography and characters were great.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

There ARE non-TVN subs for Gekiranger, though? Like some dude calling himself Geki-dan I think did them awhile back.

Didn't someone say those were just bad scrubs of the TVN subs?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Is there a Toku version of itshappening.gif?

Because that seems appropriate right now. :toot:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I seem to recall some dancing in Magiranger's credits.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Didn't Saban also get the rights to Decade when they started work on Samurai and then proceeded to do nothing with it?

I kinda doubt they'll bring KR over but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Maybe their version of Wizard will be better? It'll likely end up being equally terrible but for different reasons (actually being bad instead of just uncompelling/boring).

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
The big difference being that Animorphs doesn't end happily. Not even remotely.

Still amazed those were sold to children ages 7-12. Nowadays those books would end up banned from elementary school libraries for their content.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Solaris Knight posted:

I for one wait for the inevitable crossover between Tokkyuger, Den-O, Go-Onger, and Drive

All the trains/cars/machines combine into the biggest clusterfuck robot you've never seen to defeat the villain. :unsmigghh:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I really should catch up on Gaim. I think I drifted away from it around episode 16.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
They just had no interest in Gaim or Showa VS Heisei. If Drive peaks their interest they'll probably do that one.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Literally The Worst posted:

Then say transformation you twit. It's not a word that there's no loving english translation for, or it's hard to translate. The only reason people insist on using it is to be giant loving weebs. It's dumb. Just loving say "transform" or "transformation" Jesus loving Christ.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Sounds like it'll be a fairly light-hearted Rider series. Looking forward to seeing this all in action. Glorious mediocrely-rendered-3D action. :v:

At least they understand the need for a balance against Gaim's serious grim(er than usual) stuff with it running alongside Kyoryuger and ToQGer and being followed up by this.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Solaris Knight posted:

I suspected so. The Sixth Rangers are the best so of course they get the best Changers :colbert:

You can't buy the Gaburichanger and not get Zandar Thunder.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Is Akira ever going to show up in the show wearing that jacket he has in the Opening and the Credits?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Twelve by Pies posted:

I watched all of TV-N Blade and I like the series but it would be nice to watch it and actually understand what's going on instead of just being confused and sort of charging ahead not understanding it for most of the beginning of the series.

I watched their :negative:MagiRanger, GekiRanger and Shinkenger:negative: and they were all pretty good series but a competent translation for them all would make my year. At least Over-Time has the first 15 episodes of Shinkenger done with the rest working their way down the pipe I think?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

:toot: Hooray. :toot:

Now there's just 29 more to go.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Yeah Kuuga's biggest suffering is that it was made with old Eastern directing/editing style. So scenes that should be fairly quick are drawn out and the action scenes are the only thing that feels right.

It's incredibly jarring the first time you see the style especially if you're coming off something like a more recent Rider series where they've been using a more modern Western directing/editing style for a while.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I'd watch that show.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Drive may have the most explicitly brutal introduction to the series in a while. The bloody death of Shinnosuke's partner, people getting crushed by giant bowling balls and pins, cities worldwide exploding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Dexie posted:

What am I looking at?

A video driver/codec error. Someone posted about this problem earlier I think. Something about needing to re-download a codec pack.

• Locked thread