Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

my wife has ordered in the past some kind of little cards that are disney themed that say "for mousekeeping" on them or something off etsy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

does anyone wear earplugs in lines/etc? I am looking to try this trip

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Pop Century is great, and the cost to upgrade to the other resorts on the line is not worth it

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Jock Lindsey's was a lot better when they had themed music :colbert:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

What is it about Velocicoaster that kills people? You can spoiler tag it, I am not going to Universal any time soon (at least until Minions go away, or JKR dies)

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

People get real mad about things children like being put in a children's theme park.

nope its the fuckin' boomer memes all over FB from family

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Upsidads posted:

Big shout out to Disney janitorial staff, the bathrooms are the only place I'm comfortable to make a Wreck It Ralph quake burger deposit, outside my own home

dude the men's bathrooms in MK and Epcot, guys just lift off in there all day every day, like warm seat head in immediately after the previous guy, and they are immaculate

alg
Mar 14, 2007

barclayed posted:

I replied to this when it first got posted but I’d like to update. My disability accommodations finally got approved so I bought a pair of Loop Quiet earplugs to wear when I’m working in the booths during the fireworks. They work pretty well; it muffles the big noises but I’m still able to hear when people talk to me semi-decently, which I definitely need.

Thanks!!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/OOCParks/status/1716640087155347771?s=20

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/DisneyParks/status/1720457299632767301

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Those wouldn't be my choices, but I think they are perfect for Princess kids. I think there is a Princess meal in DHS too.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

its not really that dark, i have horrible night vision and I am fine in there. it's lighter than any normal movie theater.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Take your kids to Victoria and Albert's. You'll thank me later

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Our trip is almost here. What is the name of the anti-chafing gel people suggest?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

thanks folks, I usually use baby powder but a stick will just be more covenient

alg
Mar 14, 2007

he looks absolutely high out of his melon

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Welp after the most hosed week I've had in a generally poo poo year, we're on our way to WDW tomorrow :cheerdoge:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

we had a pretty good 10 day trip overall. the weather was Hot, then chilly, then hot. The weather overall was great, but it was super nice to not be sweaty all day, and wear hoodies in the park. it didn't rain til literally our last night in the resort.

Jollywood was a pass for me next year unless they do a lot of improvements. They need more food/attractions, literally everything had a massive line. The ride lines were not that short either. The Muppets show was great.

Dapper Days kind of ruined one of our days in the parks, they were literally everywhere just...inhabiting stuff. Like there were places that were basically off limits, like Tune In Lounge and Bassline, two of our favorite places, because they just took up all the space. DAK wasn't as bad but we got in early at Nomad Lounge to try and avoid them.

Tron is kind of whatever. Not really worth a wait, but its a cool ride. Basically how I feel about Avatar at this point.

Merch was very focused on toys this year. There wasn't much clothing or jewelry for me to get my wife for Xmas. She didn't want any of the Dooney bags this year.

The changes to Harambe in DAK to include breakfast were really really good. And getting breakfast at Ronto Roasters and finding a quiet seat in Galaxy's Edge worked out really well for us too.

Overall, we had a really great trip. We did all the rides we like and got to eat at the places we like. Jollywood has potential and MVMCP was awesome as usual. Pop Century remains the best place to stay.

Oh and I was also picked to be in the Hoop Dee Doo Revue lol

edit: also wear your masks folks, literally every person there was death coughing

edit2: also the new fireworks show at Epcot is 1 million times better than the old one

alg fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 12, 2023

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Hazo posted:

Yeah I agree, it’s a great time but still just entirely too short to be worth the long wai—

:dafuq:

Rise of the Resistance and Guardians came out and Avatar is just not that impressive to me anymore. Doesn't help that the source material sucks.

I forgot the worst part of Jollywood: they closed the Skyliner early so we had to ride the bus back???

alg
Mar 14, 2007

We like Ogas but it is way too fuckin packed in there and we still have not gotten to sit in a booth. I wish they had outdoor tables or something too.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

it's annoying as gently caress to take out your phone all the time and it slows the line down

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Unless there is no wait time it wouldn’t actually slow anything down.

:shrug: all I know is watching other people with phones slowing the line down when I was in line a couple weeks ago. magic band just works

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I know food is controversial in this thread but Nomad Lounge is wonderful for relaxing drinks on the verandah, and the new breakfast options in Harambe will knock your socks off

alg
Mar 14, 2007

h*ll yeah

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1765040267264958518

alg
Mar 14, 2007

this seat at Ronto Roasters is the best place in the parks to sit and have a coffee and breakfast

alg
Mar 14, 2007

idk man, everyone saying Disney has to get their poo poo together for Epic Universe, that looks, totally forgettable to me. Just about the only thing there that I am interested in is Nintendo World, which could easily be a one and done thing based on how small it is

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Has anyone been to Gartner before? Just got invited for work, booked Caribbean Beach for $140 a night :smug:

Hoping I can get out of things around 4 or 5 each day and take a chill trip to the parks, since we have our regular trip like 3 weeks later anyway.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

The kind of people who abuse that program are just gonna say all 12 people are immediate family

alg
Mar 14, 2007

V&A was one of the highlights of our honeymoon. Everyone should do it once. It is worth it

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I usually average 30-35k steps a day at Disney but I am the designated walker in my group while other people sit on benches or stand in line for food

alg
Mar 14, 2007

we love Pizza Rizzo because we can go upstairs and sit outside in quiet and not elbow to elbow with people, and watch DHS as we eat. The pizza is definitely kids pizza but we are OK with that. The theming is wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

got Halloween Party tickets for when we're there for Gartner :hellyeah: