Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

couldcareless posted:

That's a particular level of hell I never hope to experience.

I was once invited to New Years Eve in MGM by cousin and his girlfriend's family. Dear god, I lost hearing there and a fraction of my being. Everyone equipped with paper horns and blowing them insistently throughout the nite in close proximity to you, there is no space to escape as the whole park feels like an industrial slaughter house as you learn new meanings of personal boundaries.

Was also the same trip where the girlfriends family mistakenly only booked one room onsite and since it was New Years Eve we had to call about a dozen hotels to find a vacancy near the airport. Also they went on ahead and ate breakfast without us, as they didn't want to bother us as it really late by the time we got to our room and figured we would be tired and sleep in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Heading to the magic kingdom today,after wasting time for my nephew looking for the haunted mansion pop vinyls downtown Disney.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

Also does anyone know what kind of music the Star Tunnel music in Space Mountain is? It's so chill, i'd like to listen to more :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azxQYf9KT94

Love listening to it as well. It reminds me of a pbs show I use to watch, the stargazer, an astronomy show.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Got to say after coming back from my weekend trip, nothing is better than getting random Kungalooshes from cast members and guests throughout the trip while wearing my Adventurers Club pin.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

What was the adventurers club?

A nightclub in downtown Disney (now Disney Springs) that was themed about adventurers,archaeology, etc. With cast members(dressed as the for mentioned adventurers,archeologist,professors,etc)walking around doing jokes and skits with guests. At certain times of the night different rooms that would open up for shows. There was a songs, a creed, a salute, injokes for regulars, all around you were animatronics, everything was dripping with theming, the bar stools would rise and fall at the bartenders discretion. Also the Colonel,an animatronic puppet that interacted with guests.

Think jungle cruise but the guests are now the hippos,elephants and headhunters for the CMs to interact with,and thus allowing for fresh material each time. Also being allowed to be a little raunchier due to the nature of being a night club.

In short, it was too good for this world.

Quixotic1 fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 19, 2016

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

Yeah that sounds amazing. I would've liked to see that. Was it a real nightclub or like a dining location?

Twas a real drinking establishment, no food or snacks that I can remember. People loved the club so much someone recreated it in Gary's Mod. My nephew is bummed that he was never able to visit (last trip he had a chance to go, he instead went and watched Dark Knight in Imax in downtown), and just by watching youtube video of it and my tales of it,has a love for it. He was especially happy when he figured out one of the Citizens of Hollywood in Hollywood Studios was one of the CM in the club.

Quixotic1 fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 19, 2016

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I want to say the new planet you visit for TFA tie-in is the most jerky of them all, though I haven't gotten boba fett or the podrace in a while.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I still wished they had made the Little Mermaid ride suspension like Peter Pan like they showed in the dvd one of the the films. There was suppose to be a mist of fog(like the Mermaid show) that you dive below to simulate going under the sea.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

And now my nephew and his friends are tearing at their shirts at the news/ rumors that Disney is wishing some of the citizens of Hollywood good luck in their future endeavors.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Looks like I'll be one among the throngs coming this memorial weekend. Going to take my niece as she wants to go to the Jedi training before she reaches the cutoff age.

Last time I went was before the big costuming rules change, and I'm wondering would my niece(10yrs) be allowed to go to the park dressed as Rey this upcoming trip?

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Cais posted:

God drat, the new screen and theater at Soarin is gorgeous. And they've got the smells pumped up extra high.

And Patrick finally calls it Soarin' over California instead of being awkwardly edited.

Did not use the third track at Toy Story today though. We got sent to the old one.

Rode the third track today as it was closing and I love it just due to not having a pair of stairs to climb and the air cannons seems to be new and at full strength.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I hope Guardian of the Galaxy 2 has a Bill Nye cameo, just to keep his animatronic.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Does anyone know how the photo pass for gold annual pass holders work? I might not be able to make a trip next month with the rest of my family. They have silver passes, but they are under me in the website to manage them. Will I be able to grab their photo ops or does my magic band need to be scanned for that, maybe I can just give them my card so they scan it if that's the case?

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

There's got to be a private video somewhere by the cast-members of ToT bellhops and the HM servants doing the opening scene and the rumble from West Side Story, ala Captain Eeyore.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Parks aren't as busy as I thought it would be this week, though it feels like the surface of the sun with the humidity and rain. On to Epcot to race every to Frozen forever after.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Can I book fast passes for MVMCP?

If its anything like my trip for MNSSHP, fastpasses are only available for the regular hours and there are none for for the event.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Anya posted:

I guess I don't understand how this puck will work in the sense of wearing it or how big it is. Is it about the same size as the RFID roses from BOG? Because I have no interest in carrying that in my pocket all day. I really like the bands, and am still not quite sure what the puck would do better.

From what people have surmised, they will fit into a slot in new type of magic bands, pin lanyards , etc.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I goto MGM for the Citizens of Hollywood(they honest to god recognize my nephew and niece who have grown up with them),ToT,Rockin, and the Muppets when it hits me(though them getting rid of multiple Gonzos tap dancing multiple screen still hurts me). My last trip I ended up jumping back to MK from all the other parks after around 4pm.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I've heard the niece and nephew say Hocus Pocus Party Potion so many times now that it's lost all meaning.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Zero One posted:

:pervert:

Anyone else going to the 45th anniversary tomorrow? I'll be there for a while then hop over to Epcot for some F&W in the afternoon.

Heading to MK Saturday then again on Sunday for MNSSHP, family bought me a ticket without telling me, so I'll be the one of the weirdos without a costume.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Today was pretty ugly at MK, rained practically none stop until an hour before midnight. Every time the TTA entered and left a building it got worse, I thought it was going to be Waterworld at the end. Glad I wore my wool socks today.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Is there no way to sort pictures on photopass website, or I'm I just not seeing it. Went to download my MNSSHP pics and realized I have 1K+ photos, most of which I had bulked downloaded from my last trip and only want the most recent ones without having to scroll several times to the bottom as it loads.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Might drive down to the kingdom for one last food and wine trip. Is it sweater weather there yet?

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Drat, I love it when it's freezing in the parks,even better when you get those super lite drizzle of rain(maybe I should move to the northwest territories). Nothing better than the freezing your face off from the wind while waiting 30 for fantasmic to start.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

It might be too late to make a booking but you could try and get them haircut at the Mainstreet barbershop.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

New special effects on the last hill for big thunder and just standard refurb for Dinosaur as far as I know.

What I wouldn't give to have Countdown to Extinction again, have your spine readjusted while having a day at the park.

Also I added a fast pass to my monorail to enter my park proper in Planet Coaster and I am now what I hate.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I'm against it mostly cause it will emboldened Universal to light projection a minion onto the lighthouse.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Man, did Shanghai cost them so much, that anything and everything that was thrown onto the idea board is now up being taken into consideration? Luckily the transport one doesn't have an effect on the average visitor. The paid Monorail pubcraw, I'm neutral to negative on, due to the potential taking of an area away that was free for fireworks viewing, and I'm still laughing at paid view people get from "Tiana’s Riverboat Party" for the parade.

Quixotic1 fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 3, 2016

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I'm I reading this right, is the temperature feel going to drop to 30's to 40's at night this weekend at the parks? If so I'm packing my things and hauling rear end over there.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Sun came out for the first time today at the park a few minutes before sundown to laugh at the people who came in shorts.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Love me the moment when everybody gets on the trams and turtle-up as they know what's about to happen.

If you saw a guy in a blue jacket and little girl Naruto running in MK to try to keep warm in a dumb way, that wasn't me and my neice.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

I think the quick service restaurants would see the brunt of the damage and there'd be even less places to sit and eat then there is now.

Tha'ts probably ym biggest problem with Disney World; there's not enough seating at most of the quick services and it's infuriating. Especially that one Mexican quick service that has like only 5 tables GRRR

I thought they were policing seating to only those with food at Pecos Bill's, and was surprised last week when they weren't. Luckily, the seating area that almost always curtained off whenever I go was open. Also Pecos has way to many tables, you got practically shove yourself into another parties table in order to pass bye sometimes.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

Also I guess figment is hidden in the new guardians ride :3

That can't be good, furthers my belief his pavilion is going away and making way for I dunno, a Stark technology pavilion ala Captain America​ movie.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Alien part of the ride is also my favorite part(though the Robert Osborne narration ruined it for me a bit) if we don't include the hijacking of the ride, cowboy version is better cause of the fire though I like the atmosphere of gangster area.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

From what i remember if its empty you get gangster hijack; if the park is full or everyone rushes into GMR due to sudden rain(especially due to all the ride/area closures), one group gets cowboy and the other the gangster.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Haven't been to avatarland yet, but I'm afraid of Disney thinking/tourist being of afraid to try the strangely prepared food(I got a couple of family who refuse to try tapioca bubbles) and thus dumbing down the food, which I think they done in other parts of the parks(pure conjecture though). Ex regular ol burger just called a banshee birger. Though maybe the Cameron has a clause in the licence that they can't mess with his vision.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I like how no one has mention anything in MGM(scifi doesn't count); is Star Wars land getting the only new restaurant(s) or is Toy Story land getting some as well?

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

I guarantee one thing in new Epcot is gonna include Neil Degrasse Tyson. Spaceship Earth sure fits that bill. Or more appropriately, Mission Space.

NDT chuckling to himself and the ride guests: These aren't real people and are actually robots, also time traveling is impossible.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

i hope its just a cosmetic change and all they do is add some neon lights/decals on the cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I'll be the comicbook guy asking to be compted a free stay/tickets due to the experience being ruined by the out of cannon numerous jedi running around, and children jedi with lightsabers at that! All I asked was for the tatooine room so I could live the dream of being a moisture farmer.

Quixotic1 fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 16, 2017