Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Harmontown really got me and my friends into the idea of playing Dungeons and Dragons until we realized that all we really wanted was to do improv while drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Fiendly posted:

Ok, I've only listened through to the first D&D session so far, but it looks like they really hit the jackpot with Spencer.
Spencer's a genuine goldmine and looks exactly the way you are envisioning in your head.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Well, get to it, I guess.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Spencer's Dad. :allears:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I like Erin, but I genuinely didn't know if she was doing "clueless girl who has no idea how to play Dungeons and Dragons, har har" shtick, or if that's how she really is until they addressed it directly in this episode.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Jesus Christ, the newest episode is an emotional roller coaster of D&D goodness.

I wish this episode was what they were basing the animated series on.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Lisette's apology amounting to "I'm sorry if my words offended you" kind of got under my skin and I was secretly hoping for another audience takedown.

Randomly listening to older episodes out of sequence, Levi shows up in an early episode (in the 10-20 range?) and doesn't sound like a cartoon character wearing a velvet smoking jacket. A year or two in L.A. will gently caress you right up, yo.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

That psychotic Prairie Home Companion parody he wrote kind of shows that Adam Goldberg is pretty funny on the page, he just doesn't have any sort of talent when it comes to timing, delivery, inflection, that sort of stuff.

Also: psychotic.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I want Matt Gourley on Harmontown every week.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ah, to relive a shirtless Dan Harmon with a camera strapped to his forehead.

I've been wondering ever since that night whether or not it would make the movie.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Bridgetown Comedy Festival in Portland just announced live Harmontown. The exact date/venue isn't scheduled yet, but it runs May 8th through May 11th. Kumail's also doing the festival (including a Meltdown show) so hopefully he wanders in.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I always mix that fucker up with Sadness, Part II.

PART II, for fuckssakes.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Did he do Dracula Gottfried at any point?

Dracula Gottfried is the best.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I love old timey Hollywood poo poo. Gilbert makes me so happy inside.

If you've never heard him on the Stern show, he's a legit maniac.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Brekelefuw posted:

The Austin D&D was surprisingly good. They actually seemed to get somewhere and the audience member wasn't just trying to do something stupid like cut off a penis.
I seriously can't wait for Jeff to come back only to find Quark dickless, though.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Half of Dracula posted:

Who is DeMorge anyway?
The dude who always manages to walk into the scene as Dan's dropping an N-Bomb during freestyle raps at parties.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I want an Adam Goldberg coffee mug.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

And I can't wait for it when he does another Portland show in two weeks!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I have decided that I will let Dan know that Irish Joe is very, very angry when he's in Portland next weekend.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Man those brothers seemed like real assholes, at least one of them
I was sitting right behind them. One of them was wearing one of those types of suits where it has an intentional "Oh, this has been crumpled up in the corner of the room for the last week" look. They seemed weird, but I was coming off an acid trip, so everything seemed weird at the time.

Malcolm, however. That kid's going places. Probably to bed.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Evil Agita posted:

Spencer was better before he started getting high in the back room at every show
Spencer's been stoned since day one, the only difference is the level of confidence from having a loving audience.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

In It For The Tank posted:

That's surprising because in his last appearance he came off as really jealous and bitter when he kept ranting about more popular comedians saying stupid things on Twitter and wasn't funny at all.
That's been his act for the last 30 years and it's magnificent.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I randomly loaded up #100 on a whim over the weekend and was delighted as a dude comes onstage and he explains he was a storyboard artist on the upcoming show BoJack Horseman, tries to explain the premise of BoJack Horseman and then tries his best to insist that the show with such an insane premise is actually good.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 2, 2015

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

In terms of dudes pulled from the crowd, Canadian Guy ranks pretty high.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Just got tickets for next week's show since I'm in the area vacationing.

I will not rush the stage in any context, I promise.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

And it ends the only way it could end: with a Ween song.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I checked out Dino and Andy's podcast and kinda dig the scumbag antagonist dynamic where you hate them, they hate themselves and they hate each other. It's very Walking the Room if you listened to that show.

I also found out via the podcast that The Tick series for Amazon got picked up. :dance:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Spencer's on this week's Doughboys and is a goddamn delight.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Season 1 of Harmonquest is also free on VRV under VRVselect if ya haven't seen it (along with the pretty great My Brother, My Brother and Me TV show).

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Holy poo poo, Dez is a star.

Edit: Jeff nails it with the acid trip comment.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 17, 2017

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Oh hey, D&D finally got good again.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Season 2 of Harmonquest has begun on VRV, first episode is free.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Christ, the idea of doing whipits at a live show in silence except for the laughter of an audience sounds loving horrifying.

EDIT: They work best with a musical backing, I find. Doing them in silence just amplifies the silence. Doing them in a room of people laughing would probably give me a straight-up panic attack.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 28, 2017

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Muslims.
(Nope)

That one got a legit spit take out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Also their current D&D game is so hosed up they should just give it up and start a new one.
Is getting Patchens' Jewel back even the whole story arc or have they hosed up that bad because I swear that was the first task they were given and they still haven't managed to do it. I just turn off the last 30 minutes at this point and switch over to Dragon Friends for DND goofs.