Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I think it's more likely to be depression than boredom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Those of are interested in the D&D campaign might appreciate this. Spencer posted a quick write-up listing a lot of the stuff that's been missed and some alternate routes they could have taken.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Harmontown/comments/1hg8jt/episode_62_blinking_1200/cav2lhs

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I enjoy Harmontown, but I absolutely cannot imagine planning a vacation around it. That's some Adam Goldberg poo poo.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
It's in Portland this week.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I think we can all agree that people who shout out from the crowd are the worst. Shut up and let the funny people be funny.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Erin is pretty bad, but at least she seems to want to play along to a degree. I kinda wish they'd spin off D&D into its own podcast, but I'm sure that's not practical.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I think if Erin really did kill off her character, that would fix a lot of the problems with D&D.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Also, their divorce is going to be a spectacular disaster that may end his career.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I love Dan and Jeff, but their anarchist political leanings get pretty stupid sometimes.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Kumail is definitely the best. I really wish I could enjoy his video game podcast, but his wife is very irritating. X-Files Files is great though.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I wish DeMorge would take over Erin's character forever.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!

Moronic Farce posted:

I can't wait for more D&D to see if Jeff was serious in his vow to kill Erin's new character.

God, I hope so.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!

HUMAN FISH posted:

Sorry dude, but stop peddling your garbage comics nobody gives a poo poo about.

It's amazing to read this thread after the reading the Harmontown subreddit. It's like everyone over there is incapable of seeing a single flaw in Dan or anyone else on the podcast.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!

Golden Bee posted:

Hahahahahahaha nope. You need to click "view children".

Yeah, I hate that about Reddit. If you go against popular opinion, your voice is silenced.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Can we start a betting pool on when the breakup/divorce will occur?

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I think this was the worst episode so far. Dino making GBS threads on everything and some guy made cutting boards as a bribe to get on mic forever and say nothing interesting. Cutting boards?

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
That poo poo is really hard to get right.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Is it pronounced like Forest Gump saying "Jenny?"

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
The reason this was hard to get through for me was the most god drat annoying laugh in the audience. Maybe it's always there but usually mixed lower?
HAH! HAH! HAH! HAH! HAH! HAA!
HOO! HOO! HOO! HOO! HOO! HOO!
Every loving joke.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I'm surprised anyone can stand Kumail's wife. Everything she says is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I'll never be able to un-hear the loving laugh. I think Harmontown is ruined for me.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
It's really hard to believe that Erin went through improv comedy training.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
You're probably right. I'm thinking of how many successful comedians talk about taking classes at UCB or performing there, but I guess you don't really hear from the ones that failed.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!

drunkencarp posted:

Well, I'm apparently the only one who likes Erin, so let's form a club.

You and everyone on Reddit, apparently. Any dissenting opinions are downvoted into oblivion.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Adam, you exist here and you also created the subreddit, so I feel like you're qualified to answer this. Why is the subreddit such an extreme circle jerk to the extent that anyone who criticizes the show in any way is completely vilified?

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I think the worst episode was probably one of the tour episodes. They all kinda blend together in my mind. Whichever one had the most rapping was the worst.
The SXSW one was really bad though. I wonder if any of the people who poo poo all over the negative review have since realized that they should have listened to it first.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Hey, you can't blame a man for being loco for Four Loko.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!

Zsinjeh posted:

Most people? As far as I can tell it's just you
https://www.reddit.com/r/Harmontown/comments/30o01l/demorge/ I take it back, clearly all these people are pointing out his lackluster presence

Maybe you haven't noticed by now, but that subreddit is wall-to-wall circle jerks.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
God drat this was a hard one to get through. It was like listening to two hours of stoned high school sophomores talk about philosophy.
Take a minute to process the idea that someone is paying Emily Gordon to write a book.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!

drunkencarp posted:

Demorge is good during Shadowrun and great when he's talking about a thing he's interested in, but he's not great at situations where Dan drunkenly drags him into stuff he's not geared up for.

MY RANKING OF HARMONTOWN REGULARS like you asked

Erin when she's firing on all cylinders and getting under Dan's skin
Demorge when he's doing a thing
Kumail, who always delivers a quality time
Normal Jeff
Normal Erin
Normal Spencer
Normal Demorge
Extra-High Spencer, the Tryhard
Random Idiots
Drunk rear end in a top hat Jeff

You have terrible opinions.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I thought the UCB episode was the worst non-Erin episode until she finally showed up.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I didn't mean to pin it on her. It was just funny to me that she popped in right after I realized she wasn't around for one of the worst episodes ever.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I think what it comes down to is that Dan is capable of being really funny if he's not too drunk, the guests are good, and he doesn't get mired in pseudointellectual freshman philosophy bullshit.

That's been the case less frequently lately, but he probably doesn't realize it because of the Harmontown echo chamber fan base.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Who had the closest day in the betting pool?

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Dan probably has to be nice to Erin because imagine how much dark poo poo she probably knows about him by now. Even the stuff he admits is pretty questionable.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
If you ever go on the subreddit, it seems equally divided between people who find Erin unfunny and the people who downvote those opinions to defend m'lady.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Yeah, it's in the dictionary near the term for people who make everything about gender, even when it's not. You don't like this person? Clearly it's vagina related!

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
He's definitely a comedian of his era. I'll always remember him from his appearances on Dr. Katz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKDmrY4GRb4

MY ABACUS! fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 11, 2015

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Shadowrun always sucked. It's just too much for everyone.

I think almost all of the episodes are listenable if you're willing to skip through rap segments and whenever Dan is too drunk to function.

Less Erin is a definite improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Good point. The randos are also pretty bad.

It's not that people listen to the show just to poo poo on it. It's still really funny because Dan is funny and most of the guests are funny, but some of them are just terrible.