Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

Bussamove posted:

With this going free to play and Hedonism graciously gifting me Storm Legion, I guess I'm jumping back in to this horrible mess. Apparently my rogue is still in the guild from the last time I un-quit, but I'll probably roll something Guardian side now that guilds aren't faction restricted because I loving love dwarves. And because Jesus Christ how do I play rogue again it's been nearly a goddamn year someone help.

Hit flame torrent over and over on many mobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Granite salvo does not stack with bard buffs, not much of a point to go past 51.

It takes a bit of finesse to get things down, if you're wanting to faceroll and do well, raiding as a dps mage may not be for you :3 On fights appropriate and support classes doing as they should, I more often than not 18k+ with warlock single target with my meager 5200SP and 948CP raid buffed. I've tried pyro on a couple fights and to do well with it... you need to pay as much attention as you do to the warlock rotation. Pyro lacks the ability to cleave for fights such as twins and without question warlock has the best survivability.

As far as mage guides at 60, there are many to sift through and some are just riffraff; I'll list the few I've used.
DPS:
61 Pyro - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/classes-telara/class-guides/mage-guides/357546-how-61-pro-my-first-guide.html - If you try to macro all of your abilities together, expect ability lag and poor cooldown management!
61 Warlock - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gen...en-valeryy.html
Heals:
61 Chloromancer - http://addictguild.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=6619 - That variation is amazing tank and raid heals and pairs very well with critpower. I'm not sure why anyone would opt for dom as a subsoul anymore with the utility it offers being kind of... not used like the days of old.

lsp fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 17, 2013

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

necrotic posted:

Arrested Presence is pretty drat useful for a lot of the trash in FT. Outside of that its kind of a waste, though.

Archon or Trash dom should probably be doing this while the chloro uses charge for entropic veil--

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

I love Trion! I received the codes for a Toxic Hellbug mount and Phero hellbug companion pet. Apparently a day ago, Elrar sent me codes from a twitch.tv lottery back in April, and they had lost my name in the shortlist. The fact he personally followed up with me is awesome.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Reasons to join GoonSqad/Everything is Fine@deepwood? New players are encouraged to liberate the guild bank of all of their free offerings:

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Tezzeract posted:

Do we need a specific guild rank to be able to withdraw?

Nope, you should be able to access all of the cowpants and bags you need from the first two tabs.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Asehujiko posted:

Are there any actually useful items that can't be obtained by new characters? Or is it just the Barnacle source engine?

They said something along the lines of being able to purchase the barnacle encrusted source machine with credits, and possibly in the future adding others that could be purchased for currency and that it would be a ways off for that implement.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/404734853 at 1:17:58 Daglar addresses the bind-on-account sigils and availability. A few mins prior they discuss more availability of past event items too.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Not sure if this means exactly what he is saying, my reward has been claimed so I dunno what the number actually is...
http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gen...tml#post4252213

Originally Posted by BrandGuru
"As others noted, keys have been restocked. We'll be working closely with Raptr to make sure they stay stocked between now and the June 12th launch. Storm Legion keys will only grant the free 30 days to new accounts and can no longer be stacked multiple times. Those that did stack keys have had the extra time removed (with the exception of a single +30 days), and stacking keys no longer works."

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Berious posted:

Any chance a kind soul could mail Berious some bags? I'm having no luck grabbing them from the bank - some other bag hungry person has always cleared out tab. Even lovely bags are too expensive for a freshly minted nub :cry:

There are plenty in the guild bank, but will send a silk pack or two until you can get there yourself
edit: I had to do a double take, they are all gone? Mother of god, I just put in like 20 something bags. OK. Will drop some off before I head out

edit 2: Ok, someone decided to take 10 out on one character -- don't be a shitlord and do this. Take 5 out for your main and chill out, please. They cost a few plat each to make and there are a lottttt of people coming.

lsp fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 20, 2013

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Someone asked before, but I didn't see a reply.

Is it possible to transfer regions? US-EU? I'd like to play with goons but I'm in EU and I'd also like to raid sometime at the end game...

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/general-discussion/355026-region-transfers.html#post4206866

In the latest livestream it was also stated that there were no plans to implement it still.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Some people were asking for a bag mod that lumps them into one giant bag, similar to those in WoW. http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info292-JABOB.html is probably what you are looking for.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Obscurity posted:

Oh! Guess I spoke too soon! Awesome. :)

I just read this also, will post a link when I get home.

If you do not have Storm Legion, this is a very good opportunity to get the expansion souls for free. Once the game goes free, they will only be available through the cash shop

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

vandiar posted:

If you're level 50+ and want a free 110% mount (retail price 125 plat), tomorrow (5/21) we're going to run River of Souls and get all the achievements. Getting all the achievements gets you a free ghost pony.

If you want one show up around 7PM server and we'll see if we have people who want to go. Raids reset on Wednesday so if people aren't able to make it we can run another later in the week.
Tonight (Tuesday 5/21) we're going to get this RoS run going, anyone level 50+(Have to be level 50 to zone in this raid) is welcome to come and encouraged to do so!

Gray Area posted:

Requesting an invite to the guild as Chromatotototron.

Keshik posted:

edit: also invite Kesi
Both invited :toot:

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

DeltronZero posted:

What time is the RoS run tonight?

7PM Server(PST) - Planning to start around there

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-test-shard/359652-dynamic-content-dendrome.html -- Strongholds!

quote:

Strongholds
Strongholds are powerful planar footholds that require a friendly Empyreal invasion to take down. Once destroyed, the Empyreal invasion will try to build its own stronghold to siphon power from the planar stronghold's remains. During these localized events, players can build aerial platforms and other upgrades to defend against waves of enemies as they invade from both land and air. In the final wave, one of a variety of bosses will spawn, teleporting from platform to platform in an attempt to destroy the Empyreal Stronghold.

Some strongholds can be fought alone, but others are intended for groups of 10 or more. This content will also offer another way to earn notoriety with the Torvan Hunters.
This sounds interesting, perhaps siege elements being explored? Please bring to pvp.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

So, the 2.3 up on the PTS has some really amazing stuff going on. The store is most certainly not p2w. The stuff on the store that you can 'buy' that is 'bis' requires the max rep still, all you gain is the ability to pay a few bucks instead of farming IS for 6 (or 12 if you're a tank) lessers. People won't have the best in slot within 5 mins of it going live, short of a bug.

Much of the items on the store are things from normal in game vendors that was put there for ease of access so that players didn't have to run around.

Personally, I have no problem with any of the potions; perhaps because I've only gotten a chance to go 3 and 2 bosses deep in the current tier for reasons out of our control such as raid numbers dipping. If this helps us get more bang for the buck no pun intended, awesome. Hardcore buddies just have to deal with it for now, we'll see if it changes though.

Remember the expert dungeon/raid trinkets we all have and never use because they sucked? Well I'll just leave this screenshots here...There's more trinkets that are upgradable too, just haven't found any screenshots
http://i.imgur.com/dQmjKXM.png
http://i.imgur.com/9uHcCXN.png
http://i.imgur.com/8ybb2pK.png
http://i.imgur.com/fkVMHcz.jpg
http://imgur.com/QG9gyi7
http://imgur.com/XLZ2SDa
http://imgur.com/9qvzRkr

I definitely suggest checking out the PTS though, lots of cool stuff to see everything going on

lsp fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 22, 2013

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Zoness posted:

I never won a roll for one :smith:.

And I ran expert empyrean core sooooo many times.

I remember finally getting one long after I had the freelancer's orb, now I wish I kind of saved it for my healing set since spellpower > critpower for heals piff. Same for that Irradiated Core rod, but that is upgradable now too to near raid quality. All of the expert weapons are :toot:

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

How do you access the store on the PTS? I get the new popup with vendors, but is there a consolidated shop?

Hit ] and it should pop up where deep's depot used to be

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Zoness posted:

A lot of the third-party websites give guides for how to make specs for end-game PvP or PvE. The class-specific guides sections on the official forums will often have a few grinding specs though.

Here's a collection of guides that may prove useful to those who don't want to sift through the forums. Read through, make your own decisions and feel free to ask, though most abilities are explained in their tooltips. Additionally, anyone else that wants to add to this or corrections or whatever go ahead and append.

:frogsiren: These guides are primarily for level 60, though can be adapted to lower level point spreads at your discretion :frogsiren:

Mage
DPS: 61 Pyro
DPS: 61 Warlock
DPS: AOE Damage+Support - 61 Dominator (Much of this crosses over to PVE as well)
Healing: 61 Chloro
Support: Archon (various builds)

Cleric
DPS: Melee - 61 Shaman
DPS: Ranged - 61 Inquisitor
DPS: AOE Ranged - 58 Cabalist
Healing: Raid Heals - 61 Warden
Healing: Single Target - 61 Sentinel
Healing: Raid Shielding - 54 Purifier/22 Sentinel
Healing: Damage Prevention + Heals - 61 Defiler
Tank: 61 Justicar

Rogue
DPS: Melee - 61 Assassin
DPS: Melee - 44 Nightblade/32 Assassin
DPS: Ranged - 61 Marksman
DPS: Ranged - 61 Ranger
DPS: AOE Ranged - 44 Tact/32 Marksman (Post title not updated to the new point spread)
Support: Raid Buffs/Utility - 61 Bard Really only want to use this if you don't have a chloro for ability cost reduction
Support: Raid Buffs/AOE Heals/Utility - 40 Bard/36 Tactician the standard expected bard spec
Tank: 61 Riftstalker

Warrior
DPS: Melee - 61 Riftblade
DPS: Melee - 61 Paragon
DPS: Melee - 61 Warlord
DPS: Ranged - 61 Tempest
DPS: AOE - 61 Champion
Support: Beastmaster Multiple variations
Tank: Higher Mitigation+Heals - 58 Paladin/18 Voidknight
Tank: Moderate Mitigation+DPS - 61 Voidknight
Tank: Highest Magic Mitigation+AOE - 58 Reaver/18 Paladin

Edit: Corrected the Cleric Purifier point distribution in the link
Can we get this in the OP?

lsp fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 24, 2013

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Caught up on invites to here

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Zoness posted:

It also has only one point in pushback reduction and no urgency ugh.

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmInritfezqcMIduRviMcxkz0zvz

I think something like this is what I use for purifier at the moment.

There really weren't many guides for purifier so I picked the nearest one~ Feel free to do your own guide.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

jkrotch posted:

It doesn't. It's good solo, but there are several better DPS souls.

Pretty much this. Harbinger is a good solo-questing spec, you won't be using it in raids successfully, sorry. Harbinger is the furthest behind melee dps class at the moment, probably at the cost of survivability. If you want to solo/farm on your mage, this is the path for you!

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Could we get my post with specs updated in the OP? I feel like that would help a lot of the elementary questions out.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

This is the livestream from today, http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/407749785
This is a good introduction to what raiding is like, and is pretty entertaining!

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

Is it bad that the first thing I'm doing when free-to-play goes live is getting myself a 150% mount?

This is probably the best thing you could do for yourself.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Zoness posted:

Psh, Just use descriptive icons. I mean, for starters, all my macros are called New Macro and I have ZERO PROBLEMS picking them. (Disregarding the times when I hit the wrong target macro obviously)

Seriously trion give us more macro icons I'm sick of using apple potion or root for everything.

It would really make more sense to unlock more macro slots with more role slots or just have unlimited macros, really.

Such as the SHUT UP ZONESS TRUCK MACRO 1, SHUT UP ZONESS TRUCK MACRO 2, SHUT UP ZONESS TRUCK MACRO 3, SHUT UP ZONESS TRUCK MACRO 4, SHUT UP ZONESS TRUCK MACRO 5 ... had to delete those for more mace :cry:
Edit: I used the beloved granny smith apple

Also, there was a bug on the PTS regarding REX and Loyalty transactions by buying patron day passes: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-test-shard/360932-patron-pass-bug.html#post4268560 which basically was: "Buy sub time for loyalty and the like, get a ton of loyal points way more than what was intended to transcend to the highest tiers of rewards" Trion got on that fast and are fixing it, this is what makes their dev team so good. Find a big bug like this, get to working on it fast. Especially since people are using their real money for funbux now, priority will be on this stuff I do believe! :toot:

lsp fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jun 1, 2013

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Invites should be caught up to here.

:frogsiren: Silk and Spellspun Silk cloth donations needed to make goonerocity starting bags for newcomers :frogsiren:
A bunch of us have paid out of pocket and guildbank funds (upwards of a few hundred plat) in making bags so far, those cloths are very welcome.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Lots of questions regarding gearing up at 60 so I compiled a list of things to get. :words: incoming

Level 60 and want to be raid ready?
Get better gear and closer to that 400+ hit requirement by getting things crafted. It is fairly cheap for the mats, augment is likely the most expensive part. Much of the crafted gear is near BiScurrently and will last you quite some time. You want this stuff.

*Before equipping Necklaces, Capes and Belts, have someone with Glorified or Honored reputation with SL factions to rune your stuff*

:3: Mages -- BiS spreadsheet - Augments to use: A)Stellar or Empyrean Cunning Augment (Int+SP) B)Stellar or Empyrean Cunning Augment (Int+Crit Power), created by outfitters
Artificer:
+Hit item Luminous Chrysoprase Treasure&Cunning or Brilliant Augment -- Get two of these crafted
+Hit item Luminous Chrysoprase Necklace + Augment&Cunning or Brilliant Augment
+Hit item Luminous Madrosa Staff&Cunning or Brilliant Augment
+Hit item Luminous Madrosa Wand&Cunning or Brilliant Augment
Outfitter:
+Hit item Luminous Empyrean Cowl&Cunning or Brilliant Augment
Luminous Empyrean Wrap& Cunning or Brilliant Augment
Intellectual Lucidity&Cunning or Brilliant Augment - This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is marginally better.
Armorsmith:
Callous Rhenium Cape&Cunning or Brilliant Augment - While base item is wisdom heavy, the huge amount of crit power makes this the best crafted option

:v: Cleric
-- Healing/DPS BiS Healing/DPS Spreadsheet - Augments for DPS A)Stellar or Empyrean Enlightened Augment Wis+SP) B)Stellar or Empyrean Fanatical Augment (Wis+CP), made by Artificers, Augments for Healing: Stellar or Empyrean Blessed Augment (Wis), made by Apothecaries.
Artificer:
+Hit item Callous Chrysoprase Circle& Enlightened Augment -- Get two of these crafted
+Hit item Callous Chrysoprase Choker& Enlightened Augment
+Hit item Callous Madrosa Rod& Enlightened or Fanatical Augment
Unclouded Foresight& Fanatical or Enlightened Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better
Weaponsmith:
+Hit item Callous Rhenium Maul& Fanatical or Blessed Augment
Armorsmith:
+Hit item Callous Rhenium Coif& Fanatical, Enlightened or Blessed Augment
Callous Rhenium Cord&Fanatical or Enlightened Augment
Callous Rhenium Cape&Fanatical, Blessed, or Enlightened Augment

-- Tanking(Requires 400 Toughness and Hit): BiS Tank Spreadsheet - Augments to use for Tanking Stellar or Empyrean Rugged Augment, made by Apothecaries
Weaponsmith:
+Hit item Reinforced Rhenium Truncheon& Rugged Augment
Artificer:
+Hit item Reinforced Chrysoprase Circle& Rugged Augment -- Get two of these crafted
+Hit item Callous Madrosa Rod& Rugged Augment
Callous Rhenium Cape& Rugged Augment
Armorsmith:
+Hit item Reinforced Rhenium Coif& Rugged Augment
Reinforced Rhenium Cord& Rugged Augment
Callous Rhenium Cape& Rugged Augment
Unshakable Defiance& Rugged Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better

:smith: Rogue
--DPS BiS spreadsheet, Augments to use: DPS tends to favor Stellar or Empyrean Insidious Augments (AP+CritPower, Bard/Support favor Stellar or Empyrean Keen Augments (Dex+AP), made by Armorsmiths
Artificer:
+Hit item Furious Chrysoprase Lariat& Insidious or Keen Augment
+Hit item Furious Chrysoprase eye& Insidious or Keen Augment -- Get two of these crafted
Outfitter:
+Hit item Furious Truehide Hood& Insidious or Keen Augment
Furious Truehide Belt& Insidious or Keen Augment
Armorsmith:
Vicious Rhenium Cape& Insidious or Keen Augment
Weaponsmith:
Practiced Deception& Insidious or Keen Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better
+Hit item Hardened Madrosa Striker& Insidious or Keen Augment **While this is a warrior tank bow, the weapon dps is high and is valued more than dex and the like -- this can be used until you acquire Pachis' Guided marker from experts)

-- Tanking(400 toughness and 400 hit) BiS spreadsheet, Augments to use: Stellar or Empyrean Rugged Augment B)Stellar or Empyrean Averting Augment
Artificer:
+Hit item Fortified Chrysoprase Lariat& Rugged or Averting Augment
+Hit item Fortified Chrysoprase eye& Rugged or Averting Augment -- Get two of these crafted
Outfitter:
+Hit item Fortified Truehide Hood& Rugged or Averting Augment
Fortified Truehide Belt& Rugged or Averting Augment
Armorsmith:
Empyrean Cape& Rugged or Averting Augment
Unshakable Defiance& Rugged Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better
Weaponsmith:
+Hit item Hardened Madrosa Striker& Rugged or Averting Augment **While a warrior tank bow, this has a massive amount of endurance on it

:haw: Warrior
--DPS BiS spreadsheet, Augments to use: A)Stellar or Empyrean Barbaric Augment or B)Stellar or Empyrean Brutal Augment, made by Weaponsmiths
Artificer:
+Hit item Vicious Chrysoprase Gorget& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
+Hit item Vicious Chrysoprase Knuckle& Barbaric or Brutal Augment -- Get two of these crafted
Armorsmith:
Vicious Rhenium Cape& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
Vicious Rhenium bindings& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
+Hit item Vicious Rhenium Greathelm& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
Apothecary:
Force& Barbaric or Brutal Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better

-- Tanking(400 toughness and 400 hit) BiS spreadsheet, Augments to use: Stellar or Empyrean Rugged Augment B)Stellar or Empyrean Impenetrable Augment
Artificer:
+Hit item Vicious Chrysoprase Gorget& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment
+Hit item Hardened Chrysoprase Eye& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment -- Get two of these crafted
Armorsmith:
Empyrean Cape& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment
Hardened Rhenium bindings& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
+Hit item Vicious Rhenium Greathelm& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
Weaponsmith:
+Hit item Hardened Madrosa Striker& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment
+Hit item Hardened Rhenium Longsword& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Invites should be caught up to here!

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Platypus Farm posted:

edit: just remember that a huge bit of your DPS spikes up after 50% on a mob's life is gone so you can start using death's door.

That is the only part of warlock that is :smith: .. on a lot of progression, and a few other fights that have quick target burning, you don't get to see warlock at its full potential. If you can get a fight where you can at least stay on the main target most of the time and it goes sub 50% the damage takes off, its fun.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

deimos posted:

Also, welcome back calling-specific trinkets:

While I am at it: Abu/Archons, this is a thing (parses ~1k under 61 pyro, has all the utility not overwritten by BM/Bard): http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcNzae0cI0zcocxqvAM0VRfbqzMM0s

And finally, warriors: GET AND LEARN BEASTMASTER

This is a build you run if you have someone providing the cast time reduction of Surging Flare and Burning Purpose, just sayin'

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

necrotic posted:

Thank gently caress. That was incredibly annoying.

I signed up for the GA raid now that we've moved, but I'm not sure of the "official" plan. I'd be down for GA (and I would actually be online at form-up time)

The Generally Good guild has signups, and we've been raiding with them.

I spoke to stay yesterday, he said they aren't doing signups anymore.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

I've only been gushing over @gtae a million times since 2.3 and no one seems to understand the importance. It makes dominator a lot easier to use in pvp with terrain and the like causing the manual targetting to be messed up. It also works with targetted non-aoe things like the warrior leap. I don't know why they didn't add it to the notes, its a pretty big help.

On macros where I may not always have a target selected I put a line underneath the gtae part so it looks like:

cast @gtae spell
cast spell

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

necrotic posted:

For mages it's only really useful for Archon and Dominator. Maybe you are gushing over it with mages who never play those specs? Alternatively (and more likely) they are stupid.

I wish I'd seen this before... placing Lava Field is annoying as gently caress on some fights (like Artifex, the grating always hosed with it for me).

I do this for most macro that uses any of the target modifiers. It's really nice to be able to use the same macro for quick `@mouseoverui` crap, or to let it pass-through my target if I just want that.

It has also streamlined Stormcaller really well, as streamlined as it can be currently that is. I had been using it on trash in FT and it was competing with the Champions and a tiny behind tacts! The upcoming changes should make it better too :toot:

Edit: Its very useful for backdraft (This is a dps gain in a single-target rotation for pyro, it serves as a filler between instant fireballs) as well as recasting firestorm whenever we use it... On that note, the pts pyro changes include combust increasing firestorm damage by 10% per stack.

Here's the current collection of Mage changes in testing on the pts:

quote:

Archon - Rising Vengeance now also increases all non-Archon damage by 2/4/6/8/10%.
Archon - Archon’s Bulwark now also increases Endurance by 100. It no longer stacks with Searing Vitality.
Archon - Increased the damage of Patron’s Rage.
Dominator – Fixed an issue preventing ranks 7 – 13 of Mass Charged Shield from dealing their correct damage.
Dominator - Lightning Wall now costs a flat 60 Charge instead of draining Charge while active.
Elementalist - Elemental Link now increases the Mage’s damage by 1/2/3/4/5% instead of reducing the damage they take. The rest of the talent is unchanged.
Elementalist - Cycle of Earth, Cycle of Fire, Cycle of Air, and Cycle of Water now provide a 7/15% increase to their appropriate damage types.
Harbinger - Luminous Weapon now causes melee attacks to deal additional Life damage to up to 5 enemies. Lasts 1h.
Harbinger - Blademark now reduces the Mage’s damage by 10%. Down from 30%.
Harbinger - Abilities granted by Empyrean Ascension now count as Slashing attacks.
Harbinger - Jagged Blades now increases damage from Lightning Blade and Reaper’s Blade by 20/40%. Up from 15/30%.
Harbinger - Lightning Blade and Reaper’s Blade now receive benefit from effects that increase damage. Previously they only received bonuses from effects specifically referencing them.
Necromancer - Symbiote now also causes Essence Link to increase the damage taken by the affected enemy, from you and your pet, by 2/4%.
Necromancer - Corpse Explosion can now stack up to 3 times.
Necromancer - Deathly Collusion now causes stacks of Deathly Calling to increase all of your damage on the affected enemy instead of only Death damage.
Necromancer - Fresh Graves now also increases your Spell Power by 1/2/3/4/5%.
Necromancer - Every 2nd Scourge Bolt from the Shadow Revenant pet now applies a stack of Deathly Calling.
Necromancer - Corpse Talon now receives a 15% damage bonus from each stack of your pets Deathly Calling on the enemy. Up from 10%.
Necromancer - Reduced the cooldown of Grave Rot to 6 seconds.
Pyromancer - Ignition now decreases the cast time of your Fire spells by 4/8/12/16/20% and all other spells by 1/2/3/4/5%. Reduces the mana cost of non-instant Fire spells by 4/8/12/16/20%. Increases the range of non-melee damaging abilities by 1/2/3/4/5 meters. Increased range does not stack with the range increase from the Dominator's Mental Fortitude.
Pyromancer - Improved Fireball has been renamed Improved Bolt and now affects all Primary Bolt abilities instead of only Fireball.
Pyromancer - Combust now increases the Fire Storm damage by 10% per stack.
Pyromancer - Burning Fury now deals damage when the caster critically hits with single target damaging ability. This can occur up to once every 1.5 seconds.
Stormcaller - Cold Weather Training now also reduces the cast time of non-Water abilities by 1/2/3/4/5%, and reduces the mana cost of non-instant Water abilities by 4/8/12/16/20%.
Stormcaller - Static Flux now increases all damage.
Stormcaller - Arctic Chill now also causes the snare effect from Arctic Blast, Eye of the Storm, Hailstorm, Icy Vortex and Wind Chill to deal Water damage each second based on your Spell Power, while the enemy is moving.
Stormcaller - Increased damage of Lightning Arc.
Stormcaller - Pouring Rain now resets the cooldown on all Stormcaller abilities. Increased the cooldown to 2 minutes. Moved Pouring Rain to the 40 point root ability.
Stormcaller - Electric Charge has been moved into the soul tree into Pouring Rain’s previous location. It requires 35 points spent in Stormcaller to unlock.
Stormcaller - Perfect Conditions now also reduces the global cooldown of Air and Water spells to 1.33/1.17/1 seconds and reduces the mana cost of instant Air and Water spells by 11/22/33%.
Stormcaller - Tempest Armor no longer provides a global cooldown reduction to Water spells.
Warlock - Neddra’s Torture now has an 8 second duration and cooldown.
Warlock - Expanded Contagion now gives your Radiate Death a 33/66/100% chance to spread Life Leech, Atrophy, Necrosis, Combust, Electrified and Deathly Calling.
Warlock - Lingering Pain now gives Primary Bolt abilities a chance to refresh Life Leech instead of only Void Bolt.
Warlock - Conflux no longer consumes DoTs on cast. Increased the cooldown of Conflux to 45 seconds.

and then yesterday Kervik posted this:

quote:

Have some more updates for you on things heading out to PTS.
Burning Fury - Trying out having this as a flat crit chance increase. 2/4/6%.
Conflux - Changing this to be a 10 second debuff that deals damage each time a Death based DoT is applied to the enemy. Still has a 45s cooldown.
Dark Armor/Warlock Armor - These armors now also increase DoT damage by 5%.

One thing I want to mention regarding the change to Burning Fury is you won't be seeing the crit from it spread back out throughout the tree. One of the goals of this change was to reduce the value of crit power for Mages. As much as it sucks, there is going to be at least some shift in gear values and stat weights.

lsp fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 20, 2013

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Uhhh, that looks like a huge boost to harbinger. And looks like they are giving life to pyrolock hybrids.

Yeah stampy, some parses say about 10% increase. Pyroharb is still dead from what people have been testing, but there is hope in the SC/Harb spec! This was incredibly fun in beta, but they nerfed it since it was a bit crazy. If that spec is viable again, I would not be surprised if mages actually wanted to be in melee again :dance:

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

deimos posted:

You can't buy them from the store without the faction.

I am so glad that Kervik is looking at his class with the most anemic DPS.

Elrar and Kervik himself both stated that Cleric dps was getting looked at next, patience

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Datasmurf posted:

Bah, I'm still missing my SL souls.
I got the expansions through Raptr, for the sake of it, I even bought the souls from the cash store, but still, no god damned tactician on my rogue, and no new souls on any new char I create. GMs say they're working on it, after I ticketed them on the day of f2p release, but still nothing. I just want to try out a tactician, dang nabbit!

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical-discussions/tech-support/367784-cant-access-sl-souls.html ?

quote:

GENERAL
* Purposes with Storm Legion souls can now be properly selected by players who own them! You may need to create a new character to see them.
* During character select, those that own Storm Legion souls can now select Purposes with those soul

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Plate posted:

Sorry if this has been covered recently, but I've just updated my client and tried to log in and it says I have to transfer off the server I'm on as it's for trials only. Ok, fine, except it then gives an error saying I'm coin locked, but I don't see where I would enter the code (no flashing coin icon like I think I remember seeing before), and I also have no email about the code. Did the system for this change significantly?

The code gets sent to the email that your account is registered to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

So, even if this is just conjecture... it is certainly fun to look over and start thinking about what is in store. Some are saying the new soul abilities have leaked, as they are on magelo.

Mages - Arbiter
Clerics - Crusader
Warrior - Liberator
Rogues - Physician

:coal:

• Locked thread