Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

Now if only it was possible to import a file or something. I loving hate scrolling that long list.

Psh, Just use descriptive icons. I mean, for starters, all my macros are called New Macro and I have ZERO PROBLEMS picking them. (Disregarding the times when I hit the wrong target macro obviously)

Seriously trion give us more macro icons I'm sick of using apple potion or root for everything.

It would really make more sense to unlock more macro slots with more role slots or just have unlimited macros, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

Must not heal very much.

So many mouseoverui macros... :negative:

Maybe for a mage healer.

I only have like three macros for purifier and two for defiler and one for warden. And that's including res macros.

Most of my macros are target macros and for those I stack as many things into one macro as possible across different fights.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Magile posted:

I was set on doing a Defiler build until I saw this. Does the Cleric have a subclass setup that is taken in volume for a raid/group scenario, or is it more directed toward one of each subclass and that's it?

With regards to healing setup in raids, there's generally two roles that get doubled up on with a third for certain strategies.

Chloro - most setups use at least one lgv and lbv chloro. During progression on a constant raid damage output fight you might end up using a third one in lieu of a warden due to consistent throughput and wild growth and single target cooldowns etc.

Warden - on fights with a lot of predictable high damage that happens at a rate that exceeds a purifier's ability to shield it, doubling up on wardens is a thing. Also the 10 target thing on a lot of warden cooldowns makes doubling up not so bad.

Purifier - We only did this on four tank twins and early crucia farm. Due to burnout this isn't a soul that is used often but an extra set of tank cooldowns and gathering of fire can be useful. Also sometimes you need symbol of the sun on the whole raid faster than a single purifier can apply it (7 gcds vs 3 gcds).

Purifier and Defiler aren't often doubled up on because you can adjust other healers to which tank gets the bigger link. Purifier has problems with burnout and if you're not coordinated cooldowns blocking each other (IIRC rite of the forge has stacking problems with spiritual conflagration). Stacking purifiers for trash pulls can be nice though plus you can talk about your massive fire wall dps and make fun of mages for their crappy blue knockoff wall.

People end up calling Defiler "support" because it's kind of akin to archon and bard in that it's an essential role in a raid. You're going to want a defiler for every 20-man fight but just one, so it's a good spec to know how to play. It's also a great spec for solo healing a dungeon or supporting a pubbie healer since it has a stance toggle for healing or damage and a really strong tank cooldown on top of the already great mitigation.

But yeah in general you're not really going to have doubled up clerics on anything aside from DPS until you decide that on that fight you can drop a purifier or warden. Then it's time to break out the wiffle canes (Shaman :black101:). Gone are the days of stacking inquisicars and senticars (rip).

Saxophone posted:

It's a shame that this game has such a robust Wardrobe feature with lots of options, because I'm probably only ever going to be dressed like this:

http://imgur.com/R4nxgef

I swear someone else dressed like that too. I can't remember WHO HE IS AAAH some goon who only pvp'd.

Also I miss the truck macro sometimes. :smith:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jun 3, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kreczor posted:

Hmm, I guess it's time to find out where the warrior dps trinket drops from. Asm you were right, we need a working, up-to-date rift wiki.

This is a list of all the lvl 60 dropped trinkets right now.

The upgraded values are PTS only and therefore not "finalized" so they don't exist on rifthead. I don't know why the proc values aren't all there for the damage trinkets.

This is probably what you want. It drops off the last boss in Archive of Flesh. I'm not sure what in Rifthead isn't up to date tbqh.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 3, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

You can't just farm an expert.

The mage formerly in my guild who ran it 19 times in less than a week would like to disagree. I think the trick is to get 4 people to manually queue it and random queue at exactly the same time but he wanted his scalpel so badly.

Also how are there 3 bosses to dislike in archive? Archive has some of the coolest flavor ever plus you get to fight Murdantix i mean Tzul.

deimos posted:

gently caress you trion. :eng99:

So when that trinket was released it only gave you a shield for 5 seconds ON EQUIP. Might have almost been disenchanted because dreaming stars were worth more at the time but I think Morek still has his :v:.

I was reading they'd have alternate upgrade paths for stat sets somewhere though, maybe.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 3, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

one day you will get a bad pug group and wipe 30 times on emphalea and never want to see the inside of that horrible shitfest again

That's why you queue as healer and if more than two people die to flooding two pulls in a row you quit.

(I say this as someone who has messed up flooding himself)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Hey Machai, nice writeup on the guild bank exploit.

Like holy crap who found that one out on the PTS and kept it to themselves @_@.

Edit: Link to explanation

The rest of the thread is pretty awful.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 3, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Now I'm really regretting spending 100+ marks on blue tank gear for a stupid bug. :argh:

That'll teach me to neglect tank gear! Guess I need to farm some daily experts again (sitting at an anemic 19 marks right now :qq:)!

What the... :ohdear:. It better be only cosmetics on launch like DotA chests (the apparently low stats do point to this at least). And of course NOBODY posts how that stuff looks :argh:.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 3, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Something about trying to do ID tonight maybe.

I'll try to be on for it too. Come see the horrifying love between two terrifying dragons.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
There have been attempts to run EU time raids but they're hard to do outside of weekends.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Verranicus posted:

Do clerics ever stop being incredibly unbalanced in PVP or can I look forward to 20 more levels of "whoever has more clerics wins"?

Having healers is better than not having healers.

At some point being good at healing is a thing that matters!

Just mark the highest hps numbers with 1 2 and 3 on the enemy team and kill them a lot for deigning to heal in PvP.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Asehujiko posted:

with some more thinly veiled nationalism and personal insults thrown in.

I can't imagine any jingoism in goonsquad to be serious but that seems pretty rude! We tried weekend ROTP a few times too but then it was really a matter of not enough people showing up in general with no subpopulation to blame.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I was under the impression that the main reason afternoon raids (HK in particular) stopped was because it wouldn't get filled and the people running those raids at the time were starting to burn out on raiding so much.

If anyone in particular in the past was rude to you please point it out to that person in particular because I really don't think bringing that up in general is conducive to anything at this point. This level of drama is starting to read like the rift forums and those are awwwwfullll~~.

My understanding of the history is this based on when I started: there used to be an afternoon T1 farm run on saturdays. Then membership swelled and people tried to do afternoon alt/newb HK at the same time frame but that didn't fill as consistently. Unfortunately this moved T1 farm to one session in the evening which made it hard for EU players. Also 10-mans were always hard to get into as a newgoon - I know that I definitely tried to pug what I couldn't x into when i started out but that's not easy for someone in a different time zone.

Anyway eventually farm/alt raids were run on friday/saturday night. There was an ROTP weekend afternoon group for a while and yeah that's pretty much all I can think of.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 4, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
EDIT COMPLETELY MISREAD THIS PART :O

Xavier434 posted:

So! I am asking for opinions from you veterans. How much fun is it to level and run lower tier 5 mans as Chloro? Is it slow? Is it harder to over come challenges solo than Necro/Warlock? Am I going to be starring more so at HP bars or my enemy? A while ago, I spent years healing in WoW and I gotta be honest and say that I never want to do that again. I still enjoy healing a lot but starring at HP bars more than anything else gives me shivers.

I'm not sure what you mean by staring at hp bars, but Chloro definitely heals by damaging enemies which means you'll always be looking for something to target in order to heal.

If you want truly hp-bar independent healing purifier is where it's at since the key to playing purifier well in raids is to throw out shields right before the big hits but now I'm just being facetious. Healing in Rift overall is substantially more interesting than casting Heal1 Heal9 Heal3 (unless you're a sentinel).

Zoness fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 6, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

If you have 420+ hit with at most 2 runes quote this post and put yourself on this list: (add class and role you can fill)

1. Hedonism (cleric, tank)
  2. Kreczor (Warrior, dps)

If we have enough of you scrubs I'll run you through the 10 man on Thursday 6pm server time, and hopefully ~5 people from the core raid group joins me so we don't fail too miserably.

Caveat: if we wipe more than once to the first boss we're aborting.

Oh yeah so we don't really do 2 10-man groups any more so I can try to be on my main if you need mans. I don't need anything.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Hey to my defense I quit when SL rolled out and I missed two weeks of ID total :v:. I do apologize for being a huge jerk during ID though.

I'll be honest I'm a lot happier with council as opposed to limited free roll but maybe that's because I'm weird but I can also see how a council system might not work really well for a more casual raid group.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Keshik posted:

Hey, whoever made the bag swastika in the guild bank, don't do that unless you're going to throw a ton of cloth in there for those of us who provide you shits with free 18+ slot bags. I don't feel like looking through it carefully for various pieces of cloth to use.

Also, on that note, please start dropping any Silk, Spellspun Silk, Witchweave, or any of the SL cloth into the bag thing instead of the crafting JUNK tab. We will turn it into bags for you. Alternatively, if you want some SL 24, 26, or 28 slot bags just let an outfitter know and we'll tell you how much cloth we need per bag.

p.s. don't take the 18+ bags for your lovely alts, those are for newbie mains. Take the under 18s for your lovely alts, and remember to pay it forward in cloth for newbies to get good bags.

I literally dropped like 300 spellspun silk in there (JUNK) a few weeks ago are those all gone @_@.

Let me check my other alts I used to be up to my some really high body part in spellspun.

Oraculum Animi posted:

I am not close to raid ready as I am only level 57 but I am interested in raiding. I have experience in Hammerknell, Greenscale's Blight, and River of Souls, and I don't mind doing bitch duty like Archon.

I don't see why people see Archon as a bitch role when being a good Archon has a huge bearing on whether your raid kills a progression fight or not. The roles you don't double up on are more important not less important. If anything, being a good Archon is rather tough because you want to manage your charge for power draining and want to track when best to use flaring power in a raid situation while packing good utility.

Being a good Archon is something to be proud of.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 7, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Look as long as you're not taking bags out for personal profit or for all your alts it's okay, that last guy only got ridiculed because he turned around and placed them on the auction house.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Seafoam green is the third best color after dark red and green.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Pyros are the bane of my existence when I go ham as a Riftblade.

Go Riftblade or go home :colbert:

Anyway as far as callings and generally corresponding raid roles go right now, if you're trying to weigh classes by endgame:

Warriors: Tank or DPS
Rogues: Tank or DPS or Bard
Clerics: Tank or Heals or DPS
Mages: Heals or DPS or Archon

Note: Trion has a terrible track record of making Clerics good at DPS. I don't think you'll ever be kicked out of a goon thing for DPSing as a cleric but a lot of pugs will get mad at a cleric who wants to dps (not that it will matter).

SL 20-man Fight compositions generally run:

1 Bard
1 Archon
2-3 Tanks
2 Chloros
2-3 Cleric Healers
(The rest is DPS).

Basically the idea is there's always a lot more room for DPS but every class has a bunch of good roles to play with choices.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 10, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

have you ever run a beastmaster? the only times we've ran one they've been ridiculously good, especially since they can do their flaring power equivalent whenever without waiting for charge, and they have tank cooldowns.

They can't reflect or teleport.

We don't usually use one just because Archon has more raid utility overall (also not sure if beastmaster has power drain but that is a thing). Also we have a dedicated Archon.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

w00tmonger posted:

From what I am reading online, storm caller isnt really a valid starting soul for mages right?

It's actually my favorite one at low levels because I don't like pets (they tend to pull more things than you'd want) and it comes with two nice Single Target CC/Channeled abilities.

Goddamn it Trion I want to log in to CalZoness@Laethys to see how I built my extra life mage back in 1.11 you poopheads. I built it something like this (note this was a Warfront build but it worked pretty well in soloing up to that point too):

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcxazVckxcxvG0b at Level 23

Storm armor is huge as it lets you lock down a single target and just murder it with Electrify and Raging storm. Use Icicle whenever Storm Shard is up (after every electric move).

Buffs: Storm Armor, Mass Charged Shield, Searing Vitality

Your rotation on a single target should be something like:

I'd rather use a priority rather than rotation system for doing this in PvP or soloing but it goes something like this

1. Use Static Flux if you have charge and if Electrocute and/or Raging storm is up
2. Icicle if Storm Shard has proc'd (you just used an air ability) as it will be instant
3. Raging Storm
4. Electrocute
5. Thunderbolt to get the target to 3 stacks of electrified
6. Cloudburst until electrified falls off

It's pretty fun to use but eventually falls off in terms of PvP viability but by that time you'll have access to better things in Dominator or something. It's very effective in the early levels despite the gifts saying that stormcaller gives you less single target (ignore that). Also note that this build is really only going to be effective at low levels but it will just destroy people in Black Garden and Library.

If you don't want to PvP you can replace the dominator points with like Chloro or something. Also 0 point harbinger can be used instead of Archon if you want more damage as opposed to health

Keshik posted:

I asked this a couple of weeks ago since I'm used to idling 24/7 and apparently one of the regular raiders is really annoying so all of the raiders tend to jump on for raids then immediately get off again.

Who could that even be after I quit the guild?

deimos posted:

:siren::siren::siren: If you have 480+ Hit (without hit runes) please show up tonight around 6pm server time so we can knock our heads against the new 10 man.:siren::siren::siren:

:siren::siren::siren: If you have 400+ Hit please show up tonight around 6pm server time so a bunch of you can knock your heads against the old 10 man. :siren::siren::siren:

Did you try the new 10-man? We're going back in to wipe to Salvarola some more :negative:
EDIT: I am bad at dates.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 13, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

SlayVus posted:

I'm in for old 10. I have 48k HP tank, 6-7k dps melee or 5-6k dps ranged cleric specs.

Not to start a spergfest but what is your spell power cuz that is like, pretty low for self-buffed.

Even with just like a crafted hammer 8k ST self-buffed in Inquisitor shouldn't be a big problem.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

If the lag continues to be as bad as it had been raiding could be interesting...

Tell me about it, I can't even log in right now!

And I'm a patron and everything!

Edit: oh boy, third time's a charm :rolleyes:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

rawr im a tree posted:

In as Arroyo and Speero, looking for a guild invite!

edit: Although after 35 minutes of this ...

double edit: It just changed to position 332 in queue to over 4 hours estimated time. I'll try again next week I guess!

What happened to meepo?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

<- not a mage

As far as I know you want to go either pyro or dominator. Pyro does absolutely insane burst damage, Dominator does hilarious burst AoE (so it's great for Scion and really warfronts in general) and completely fucks over healers (you have like 2 silences and at least three ways to drain mana in addition to all the other annoying poo poo they get).

Actually a good healer really fucks over a Dominator. However, when you're facing healers who are either wardens who spam cataract (awful) or LGV chloros spamming void life (also bad) and don't AoE cleanse, Dominator really kicks rear end. (Note: Most people in warfronts are bad and this is a thing that is going to happen).

Dominator's still good, just not as theoretically strong as it actually performs due to people being idiots about things like mass betrayal. For example, never pop your split while dueling a good riftblade unless he's used rift spear recently.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
So what happened to seastone then? Is Deepwood still on the same cluster as Seastone?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I think I'll take a jump into this game. Haven't played an MMO since vanilla wow. What class is similar to the warlock? Not so much in the magic set or feel, but being a strong pvp character who can juggle a few enemies at once. Having survivability is a little more important than damage.

Mages have a soul in warlock that is dot spreading. As for the pet aspect of warlock, everyone has pets, and mages also get to transform into an alternate mode (empyrean ascension in Harbinger).

As for CC, Mages have that in spades too! They can also heal whoooooo.

On the other hand, for PvP balance, at higher levels of PvP warriors tend to poo poo out damage, clerics either heal or be obnoxious kiters with burst, and mages can burst down single targets or do really obnoxious things to groups. Rogues do something I'm not really sure how rogues work.

But if you're looking to do anything other than tank Mage is a good option!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

StumblyWumbly posted:

Some stuff about Stronghold's I've figured out. Some of it may be wrong but it could help folks.

You can see strongholds on the map in Dendrome, they look like larger footholds surrounded by elites. They come in level 60 (meant for 2-4 folks, real tough to solo) and 62 (10+ apparently). To start the stronghold event, you need to clear out the surrounding mobs and then hit the stronghold with a flare. This summons a Mech (or something else for the Hailol maybe) that attacks the stronghold, and the stronghold sends a few elite invasions to attack the mech. Once the stronghold is cleared out, a jump pad appears and soon the stronghold will start to get attacked by a small number of elites.

Here's what you need to do: Upgrade everything the same way you upgrade guns in Ghunts. The mech, the jump pad, take the jump pad up and upgrade the blue balls floating around into more jump pads. There's 3 special items on the jump pads: Lifespring which gives a 20S heal/absorb buff that stacks up to 5, a spire thing that gives a 30S damage buff, and suction balls. The balls will draw in any flying enemies that appear so you can melee them. I think they also do less damage in melee.

To Clarify-

Empyrean Alliance flares on Strongholds will do Stronghold events.

Hailol flares on Footholds will do Hailol stuff.

The key to success in either is the Nexus Infusion ability (in addition to other mechanics for Stronghold bosses). Make sure you have whatever thing you're supposed to protect on focus and nexus infuse it if its hp gets too low.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Platypus Farm posted:

Yeah, true :(

On the other hand, there's a lot of fights where the "god I hope this ends soon" phases happen AFTER that 50% line, so give and take. I just really hate pyro, and trying to juggle all the cooldowns makes fights basically no fun if you're trying to optimize DPS and still avoid loving mechanics.

There's also the part where being really good at pyro requires constantly bunny hopping backwards.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Platypus Farm posted:

Every class can pretty much do everything competently enough to be welcome in a raid.

Only exceptions:

Warriors can't heal
Rogues can't heal (kinda...sorta)
Mages can't tank

If you go cleric you can do everything in the game and do it well!

Clerics don't have flaring power or cost reduction or group runspeed.

They're also behind on top dps specs and this apparently won't be changed until 2.4 v:shobon:v

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

- Get away from Zoness

Goodbye sweet goons :qq:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Daerc posted:

Comedic:
If we'd transferred to Shatterbone we could have had Roughraptors in our regular 60 chat. Which is probably why we didn't transfer to Shatterbone (see leaving Zoness behind being listed as a bullet point). Also, I'm not actually sure if I'm in 60 chat on our current server since I've not seen anybody talk in it.

I'm not sure how I feel about being compared to Roughraptors, but he's not the worst person to be compared to at least!

Also confirming that Kyzan is a nuts-hard dps check :smith:.

shut up gelly posted:

ya but i've downed goloch so technically we own :smug:

You could be like Dragongem and have only Crucia downed in FT :v:.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

Once you have gear 60shaman/16justicar wrecks everything so fast that it's almost too fast. You essentially follow a regular 61 shaman build but use even justice/reckoning as your non-physical attacks.

But you lose furious assault :qq:.

Even justice is definitely really nice though, probably worth taking over furious assault for soloing.

77 points please trion ahmahgerd.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
BG Domination is such a dumb mode. Whoo 2 control points, get a lead and camp one point~~

Unless there's like an incentive to attack points when you're ahead. I'm assuming point scoring follows how it goes on codex.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Don't know how long it'll last but that inq/shaman/icar spec is wrecking poo poo in SL, and it's a lot less annoying to play than druidicar.

The single-target leaves something to be desired but it's no worse than druidicar I guess.

It's not like any grind spec is better than 61 inquisitor for single target (for spike damage) anyway.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or is there something wrong with a server? Apparently I have 30k ping when it's not a problem for everyone and my internet is fine :qq:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

Not just you, but it's random (maybe?). This poo poo is screwing up both my guild's GA runs :qq:

Yeah both our defilers are having ping issues and Morek isn't very happy :v:.

Edit: We literally both just managed to log in v:shobon:v.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 20, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Looking for a ginvite for Belzoness! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Tairon posted:

Mac, you need to log back on and raid. All our clerics died at a cleric convention or something. Everyone seems to avoid this class for some bizarre reason.

It's probably because trion neglects the poo poo out of clerics and won't be making a major change to cleric until 2.4

• Locked thread