Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Why. Why do they do updates during EST primetime. This one isn't even necessary in terms of a game breaking bug!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Azaael posted:

Been having a lot of fun in the game again, I'll say that much. Trying to get my warrior to 60(he's almost 55 at the moment, I played a bit at SL's release but then ended up swamped by games and then a lengthy trip so it was put on the back burner). Been going between a Warlord leveling spec which is very survivable, though not the fastest killing-and the Paragon PvE DPS spec, which kills much faster but it's hella fragile(it's meant to be played in situations where the stuff is being tanked.) I still somehow think that the Paragon spec is doing it for me more though in terms of soloing-I need to be more careful, pulling too much is essentially either running away or dying, and I need to eat every couple fights but it's about +1/3 more DPS than the safe spec. I've tried them side by side and I think glass cannon might be the way I level to 60(though he's a tank main spec actually...I just ran out of patience for round up AoE slow grind-down. I'm wondering if I can cobble together a tanky Champion AoE leveling spec though.)

Wait, what? You think Paragon is faster than the 41-35 War/Cha build? I think you're pulling my leg here. Use this for leveling and enjoy killing everything. Fast.

Kreczor posted:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gen...ng-50-60-a.html

Warriors literally 4 button leveling guide is really, really easy to use. Make sure you grab those warlord points first.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Fried Sushi posted:

Why do you say that? I messed around with BM when Storm Legion launched and liked it but the lack of AE while leveling kinda stunk so I switched to the standard warlord build and have continued using that since I came back to check out the F2P. I was under the impression BM was pretty underwhelming in general compared to other souls though.

He was referring to BM for raids.

deimos posted:

Also, welcome back calling-specific trinkets:

While I am at it: Abu/Archons, this is a thing (parses ~1k under 61 pyro, has all the utility not overwritten by BM/Bard): http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcNzae0cI0zcocxqvAM0VRfbqzMM0s

And finally, warriors: GET AND LEARN BEASTMASTER

I have my BM build setup but I need some practice with the actual rotation. If we can run some x spurts I should be good to go after 2-3. Is the gear the same? IE CP > everything?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

necrotic posted:

Yeah, if we had a BM consistently that would be a swell spec. Come on, warriors!

I. Am. Willing. To. Do. It.

I'm your most well-geared warrior outside of the core group (I think) give me attention!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

The Auction House now belongs to us. This server will be vacant to no one but goons by the end of the week.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

necrotic posted:

I signed up for the GA raid now that we've moved, but I'm not sure of the "official" plan. I'd be down for GA (and I would actually be online at form-up time)

The Generally Good guild has signups, and we've been raiding with them.

It doesn't state "GA" or any raid for that matter, just that it's "Farm Night" so I signed up.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I got mining, runecrafting and weaponsmithing at 375. I don't have a lot of patterns, but I've been farming the crafting tokens long enough to buy almost any recipe. Send me a mail in-game (@Kreczor) if you need anything done.

On that note, am I allowed to take gear out of the GB to turn into RC mats and consequently stick those somewhere as well?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Red87 posted:

The new souls already got taken down off Magelo. That was pretty fast, didn't get a chance to look.

Is there any general recommended path to go with your Planar Attunement? I've kind of been driving up the death tree to get the Vampiric buff to feed my Warrior AOEing.

Step 1. All three tiers of fire, in the third tier only get the necessary upgrades (+str, purple icons, minimize orange and greens, get most blues to 3), and the damage booster (razer edge or w.e).
Step 2. Extra planar charges, sink 1-2 in each tree to get the 9.
Step 3. Fill War, and get any in tier two that are a must. (All purples, strength, endurance and crit power blues)
Step 4. Death or Life, at the end of each there's a spell that can recharge planar points (and since you upgraded fire, you'll get two per use)
Step 5. Earth or Air, both give an extra planar charge at the end.

The first two steps can be switched around. Alternatively, if you're playing 2h instead of dual wielding, get LIFE instead of fire. That way you'll get the damage booster AND the planar recharge.

You can always respec them at the warrior trainer in TB (Or the patron warrior trainer, not sure if he offers it or not).

EDIT: Please note, at level 50 you should definitely complete the one-man chronicle to unlock PA. To add onto that, if you have a second character that hits 50, all the experience is cross-account. That means if you have 200 points in PA on your warrior, when your rogue hits level 50 he will have 200 points to spend.

Kreczor fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 23, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'm down. Going to try and grab some more BiS or near BiS gear before the raid. I wonder if I can grind 80k torvan in 3 days?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I replaced my motherboard and RAM today and am having BOOT issues. You'll see me in-game when it's fixed but as of now looks like I'll miss the raid.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

So? How did the raid go last night? I'm finally up and running again, but it looks like I'm a little late :( Ended up having to reformat my C: so I didn't even get up and running until ~20 minutes ago.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

That's never going to happen.

Deepwood is not open to transfers, so no, we can't go back to Deepwood.

Here are the options being considered, please weigh in if you have a strong opinion:

- Move to Hailol. It's the new shard, but I've heard it's been filling up pretty well. It puts us back on cluster 1 with faeblight's cross shard events and seastone's pvp.

- Move to shatterbone/wolfsbane. These are pve shards on our current cluster, but would possibly be more populated than 3springs. I was kind of surprised that Wolfsbane was open to transfer, they must have had some defections.

- Stay where we are.

Hailol, gently caress this cluster.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Blackluck posted:

No kidding!
Yesterday on Faeblight there was an event in Silverwood where you had to kill 200 invaders. Nothing in the event description said "close rifts." You can guess what happened: The horde vacuumed up every rift despite some of us telling them we need the rifts to stay up to spawn invaders. Doh.

No kidding!
Yesterday on Three Springs there was an event in Silverwood where you had to kill 200 invaders. Nothing in the event description said "close rifts." You can guess what happened: We closed every single rift despite some angry nerd yelling at us the whole time.

It owned.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Every goon should have to go through the trials of the dong, and subsequently pray to our divine God.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Kreczor posted:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gen...ng-50-60-a.html

Warriors literally 4 button leveling guide is really, really easy to use. Make sure you grab those warlord points first.

Quoting since a lot of people have actually been asking about the warrior build recently.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

lordfrikk posted:

I expected as much since I was told off by some guy in the global chat and his reasoning was even poorer ("I guess you never played Everquest 2?" - yeah, great, let's defend bad with worse).

I'm pretty sure the 40% and 80% don't lose any effectiveness past 50. The only ones affected by past 50 are the veteran reward experience pots as far as I know.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

shut up gelly posted:

did team yolo try kaliban this week? it's probably easier with one tank and a good ranged dps on boulders. and how did goonraiding go?

We managed to do Kaliban with me hopping in originally as BM but later tempest. We avoided all the trash somehow, and I was disconnecting most of the time which caused a lot of wipes. It went pretty well during the actual fights though and Antaris got away with the BiS belt afaik.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

lsp posted:

I didn't avoid all of the trash, *buys soulwalk, proceeds to run into trash* :haw:

In regards to Rift Dimension -- They updated our info and voila, http://www.riftdimension.com/?p=4321, there it is. I wonder how many votes we will get this time?!

They didn't mention the slide. :colbert:

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

All of our raids are death-oriented.

Guaranteed Hedo will attempt to cleave kill me and wipe the raid.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Daerc posted:

I am amused that without context I can tell you who was being insulted (it was Kreczor), but not the name of the person doing the insulting, nor why they are insulting Kreczor.

Always so quick to put me down.

So, are we putting down Crucia on wednesday? Come on folks, she ain't that hard!

Also, for the love of god we need more clerics and less mages.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

d3k0y posted:

Deimos did you use to play a Warrior on Zul'jin?

And to make my post somewhat worthy of a non-PM (not platinum), how are the raids in Rift? I only really raided in two games, one was EQ and one was WoW.

Eh, the mechanics are fun, the problem I have with it is that it doesn't seem like there's a lot of bosses. You have 4 in TDQ, 5 in EE and 4 in FT. You have to farm those for weeks before you can get into GA which has another 5, but requires you to hit every loot pinata to get the hit requirement. Personally, I think there isn't enough content but that's coming from someone who used to raid a lot. If you're not someone who looks to raid every night and want to experience the bosses (mind you, the bosses are a lot of fun), then RIFT raiding is for you.

I've also not seen every boss yet either, and there's a huge team requirement. I know I'll be doing it for awhile to come, level up a cleric and come join us.

Edit: Now that I think about it, there are quite a few bosses. I just don't like the idea of having them split up between multiple places. I'm more attuned to something like... Hammerknell where you have a bunch of bosses in one raid.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

shut up gelly posted:

i'll be back on saturday and hopefully deepwood will still be open to transfers. if that looks like it's going to change some time before then, i'd appreciate if someone could transfer royals to deepwood (shoot me a pm/steam msg).

You mean Dongdraper.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

roboticbears posted:

What was the calling breakdown of the raid last night? (Yeah I know play whatever you want blah blah, I'm just curious.)

I believe it was, 3 clerics, 4 warriors, 7-8 mages, ~5 rogues.

Mind you, Vandee is supposed to be a warrior but switched due to the low amount of clerics.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

lordfrikk posted:

Just to make sure - EU <-> NA character transfers are no longer possible, right? I was hoping I could transfer my soon to be 60 level cleric.

I'm playing a tank, currently at level 51, and I contemplated switching to healer for a bit but I hear horror stories about tanks in PUGs all the time so I haven't made the switch, yet. What is your general experience with random pubbie tanks?

Everyone is horrible, but with goons you can yell at them and teach them fights in mumble whereas all pubbies are dumb without exception.

Submit a ticket and I'm sure you can get the transfer done.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

cinn posted:

patcher is hanging up for me and not finishing and popping up with mean errors!

anyone else having problems?

can't log in :(

(the saddest of faces)

e: Patching has failed. (Error #3145)

Murvin posted:

If anybody else is having Error #3145 while patching today (me included) I found this from the Rift forums and it worked for me:

Rift Forums
"If anyone is having issues patching rift, just hit the "guest"' button, and patch. Then restart the client after it patches, and log in with your main account."

Read a few posts up.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

necrotic posted:

So we're going to kill all of the farm bosses tonight, yeah? Right? One shots all the way home.

Yep, I hope my internet doesn't poo poo itself!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

shut up gelly posted:

the only reason i bother subbing is because of the patron vials. increasing rep/token gains by 40% is more useful than anything from loyalty.

You'd be getting the same bonuses from just buying the 30-day patron passes in the store. Unless Trion addresses the issue of patron pass buyers getting twice the amount of loyalty as subscribers, I highly doubt it's worth it to stay subscribed. Just drop $20/month on credits, buy a 30-day and some cool skin or something.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Good attempts on Crucia last night, we got to see phase 3 despite my horrible network. We'll down her for sure on monday.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Serai posted:

Do we have designated weaponsmiths? I know I'm leveling but I'm 35 and the best outside of some tiny upgrades since 20 has been the PvP 2h mace and the 30/40 mace is insanely expensive and probably not worth the time spent grinding.

Machineelves and myself are both level 375 in weaponsmithing. Just drop a line when either of us are on and we'll make you something.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

necrotic posted:

We need more "good raiders" at 500 hit please. I hate not being able to do GA right now.

I'll log in, that is if you need another dps! (Or BM)

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

necrotic posted:

No, like, we need a second group. I got shunted, again.

You and I are like the only two extras over 500 as far as I know, and I'm only over with runes.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

deimos posted:

As a note about GA:

To give some perspective, GA trash hits harder and is about as forgiving as Twins, and a pack's combined HP is about as much as a twin. And there are actually more mechanics to worry about.

The first boss has killed me within 2 seconds numerous times from a ~60k special attack and a 20k melee attack because either me or my healers did not react in time.

The second boss is fun as gently caress but has many personal responsibility aspects, mostly involving being personally responsible and moving the gently caress out of rectangular AEs. The fight is so hectic I am pretty sure the first time we kill him we won't be able to tell until it's done because personally I have never been able to watch the boss' HP during it.

As far as we have seen EVERY fight has a personal responsibility component:
- You know when you should die on an FT fight to stupid poo poo and AEs how you get your rear end saved by Egeus? That can't happen on GA fight.
- Do you remember every recent Zaviel when I have to yell at people to stop being dumb cunts and hit the conducers instead of Zaviel? That can't happen in GA.

This is why you find that the same (or close to the same) 10 people run GA when we run it. (Because we can yell at each other for being dumb cunts and be certain they won't be butthurt about it.)

500 Hit is not enough to run this poo poo.

A working internet connection is not necessary.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Daerc posted:

Lots of packs can be avoided by the tried and true 'run the gently caress past it because it doesn't drop anything and is literally just in the game to waste your time because whoever designed it is a complete and total rear end in a top hat' method. Only need to kill 3 packs to fight the first two bosses.

e: also Tsu and I leave the dying part of this plan to you plebs without assassin.

Nope! Get Tsu to run up the stairs after the first boss and drag the mobs to the side while the rest of us get to the rightmost bridge, then we soulwalk across!

Only gotta kill the mobs right before the first boss as far as I know, the ones beside the second boss we never did when I was there.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

deimos posted:

I believe you are confusing Hedonism dragging poo poo around and Tsu being stealthed like the pansy he is, but it's understandable considering you weren't online for most of that.

I don't play my rogue very much, but can't he just like, sprint/hop around the room then go stealth mid-combat?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

lsp posted:

Well, if lots of build up with no money-shot is your sort of thing, here is a majority of our Crucia kill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB4_jUSOtGM

Unfortunately, I didn't know the in game recorder only captures 10 minutes... enjoy a taste of what raiding with us is like. Good job all!! :toot:

The audio is horribly off :(

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Let's just hope for some useful loot this time...

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

kzin602 posted:

How worth it are the Storm Legion souls? I am currently playing a Warrior and a Cleric and I am not seeing any recommended leveling builds that use SL souls. Are they better for endgame or is it a bias because fewer people have access to those souls?

The warrior soul (tempest) is the only decent ranged soul for them. It's not required for raiding, and most of the time I roll riftblade, however there may come a time where you're required to go tempest for extra ranged dps or the crit buff. I'm not so sure about clerics though.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Sledra posted:

Nope, start an art chain by sending them to Taoism. Literally the only artifacts that go in the guild bank are the awful ones from Freemarch that drop so fuckin often that we can't even give them away. I would not be at all surprised if some of those ritual jars had been in there since Seastone.

Incorrect, Kreczor is first on the list.

It goes Kreczor -> Taoism -> Guild Bank.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Gifting SL souls and slower CQ decay!

e: fb

edit2: Whoever that feenix dude is that sent me three artifacts, I forwarded them to Taoism.

Kreczor fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Another Crucia kill last night, 9 attempts just like last week (and we got her down to 1mil on our first attempt!).

Just a few notes on the fight, from a DPS perspective.

Phase 1:
-Melee dps should stick to the outer part of the ring until Hedo/Dongs gets agro. He's a little wonky and has a cleave so it's best to stay far away.
-We did great on the turrets, getting the first turret at ~60% on the big golem and the second one coming up around 15%. It's best that we continue to slow down dps on the bigger one at about 20% since without perfect timing of a flare/vandee purging we won't be able to get it down in one turret rotation.
-If you get targeted by the bigger robot (the last one), don't stand near the tanks. Go off to the side and run around so the AE won't hit anyone.
-Little robots were done great.
-I think only one person died to bridge boss which is one less than last week so... progression!

Phase 2 (Including AE and tempest):
-DPS was good and the healers seemed to be on top of things.
-I'm not sure if the orb closer to the boss deals more damage since it's meant for tanks, but if it does melee dps should be stacking at max melee range. She has a huge hitbox so it shouldn't be a problem.
-AE phase went pretty smoothly, most times getting adds down to at least 5% or dead by the time tempest came up.
-Have to be on top of interrupts on the tempest, especially the first concussive cast.
-Stand in the green until one of the tanks gets hit by Crucia.

Phase 3:
-Don't drop laser circles in the middle. As soon as you get targeted run to the edge of the platform. Once it drops, go right outside the first circle and drop the second, repeat for the third.
-As soon as the tank swap is activated everyone should be killing the tank who's controlled.
-Lasers are a bitch, but get a lot harder if you're sitting in the middle.
-Break Free can be used on some of the stuns.
-Don't go anywhere on the sides/in front of the boss. If the taunt doesn't go off as planned you can get cleaved or breathed on.

So, great job last night. Got some good loot and not completely useless stuff from Crucia either.

• Locked thread