Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is there an EU guild by any chance?

Getting back to rift after I heard it's going f2p, hopefully the model is any good and the game gets a well deserved population boost. I enjoyed it a lot for the two months I was subscribed, but I can't afford to pay a sub.

Also, wow, they got housing now? It looks pretty lovely, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well, I didn't get the time with my expansion, and that sucks :mad: now I can't play for a month!

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Someone asked before, but I didn't see a reply.

Is it possible to transfer regions? US-EU? I'd like to play with goons but I'm in EU and I'd also like to raid sometime at the end game...

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What do you goons recommend then, if I play with you guys, will I be able to raid sometime as an EU goon?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is there any action in the guild for EU players? I'm not a +-+hardcore+-+ raider anymore, but I'd still like to be able to run heroics and the occasional raid with my guildies.

Will I get this on my crazy EU time or will I find a desolated guild and be forced to pug with (non goon) idiots?

Or, if anyone's got a goon friendly guild on a EU shard, hook me up!

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 11:31 on May 25, 2013

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Is there any action in the guild for EU players? I'm not a +-+hardcore+-+ raider anymore, but I'd still like to be able to run heroics and the occasional raid with my guildies.

Will I get this on my crazy EU time or will I find a desolated guild and be forced to pug with (non goon) idiots?

Or, if anyone's got a goon friendly guild on a EU shard, hook me up!

Asking one last time, maybe someone can answer?

IA's really are a blast to level with. You just enter and run around with a mob killing poo poo and not worrying about anything.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Invite up to here then! <=

Invite Alaidra! Guess I'll play with US goons, since I have no friends in the EU anyway.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Can I get an invite as Liarann, goons?

I got tired of the mage far too quickly, trying the warrior now!

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
With the switch to f2p, do you guys think it'd be possible to create a secondary raid group for us EU players? At least a core group even if it means pugging the rest?

I want to raid, too :smith:

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, I never intended the question to be so loaded, of course that if we want raids in EU friendly times we need to set them up ourselves.

I would do so, but I'm a noob and I won't even be raiding for a long while. I'm sure that the game being f2p will just bring more players and we might be able to get something together for alts/eu goons!

That way we can finally have a raiding schedule that takes tea and siesta time into account.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Since we're talking pvp, which one is the dominant faction? And is it badly unbalanced?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Madcosby posted:

I took 3 18-slot bags;

Why? It's ok to take 1, because that's what they're there for, but taking 3 is just being kind of a dick to any 2 guys that're in the same position than you are. Remember that you're not the only one that might need them, and since you won't be able to give nothing back for a while, don't abuse the fact that goons are generous to guildies.

I took 1 on one of my guys and that's it. Even if I'll probably level another one and maybe even make that one my alt, I'd feel bad taking another bag, since I know I won't be able to pay for it for a while.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Datasmurf posted:

Do I have to download a new client to play with you guys in the US, or can I just change from Europe to US on the client I've already got?

Change it in the launcher settings! Yay, the more EU goons, the classier.

Anyone else having problems with the connection today? I get kicked a lot, and for some reason the second time I try to enter the game from the character select screen, it ALWAYS freezes.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Anyone else having problems with the connection today? I get kicked a lot, and for some reason the second time I try to enter the game from the character select screen, it ALWAYS freezes.

Welp, it's completely unplayable now. I get dc'd every 10 minutes tops, and when I try to log back in, it freezes. There are some people having the same issue in the forums, but no solutions.

Guess I won't be playing on my only day off, yay. And I was enjoying my tactician so much...

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hey dudes, could I get my alt in the guild? Name's Lazula.

I'm having the hardest time deciding what to play, I'm the definition of altholic...

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kyrosiris posted:

If it's from the collector's edition or Raptr code, you get one on every character you make.

Wait, what? I didn't get a turtle with my raptr code!

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Rift's store is everything GW2's store should've been.

Hopefully it makes them a lot of cash, both to keep the game going, and to encourage future.mmorpgs to use a similar model.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Euro here as well, maybe we should get a new rank in the guild for EU goons so we can identify each other?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah I think it was a general opinion, and since it's basically changing a variable, there's no reason to not change it super soon.

Unless they're assholes, but TRION seems pretty cool about listening to its players.

Edit: I still think the map needs an extra, secondary, objective. Like a flag that you need to carry to a base (like EOTS, if you played WoW), just to make it more interesting.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

deimos posted:

So... goons except carries don't change every week?

And less dick jokes.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
In true d&d 4th edition Warlord, a warrior heals by yelling at people.

"GET UP YOU MAGGOT! YOU CALL THAT DISMEMBERMENT?"

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hey, what happened to that EU players list? If we're going to start raiding as a guild we should look into having a secondary, EU friendly raid group. I'm getting close to 60 and I don't want to be left behind once I'm raid-ready!

If no one else wants to keep track, I'd be happy to edit this post with a EU/NA-people-with-crazy-schedules player list. I can't lead or form the raid since I'm not even 60 or have experience with RIFT end game, though.

vvv Yeah dude, that's why I want to get an EU players list together, I'm pretty sure between EU players and NA goons that can play really late, we could get a group together with little pugging.

I think there's quite a few of us playing in the NA servers, and the lag is minimal (a little worst the last few days), and since f2p will only attract more people, I'm pretty sure the guild will be active 24/7 (if the new EU players actually roll with us)

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jun 24, 2013

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
We should make a Guild Website so we can start scamming pubs for money to join the guild, then invite and mute them forever.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

evilentity posted:

Three springs? Wat? Wasnt it deep wood like yesterday? Should i transfer or what. Im not yet in the guild.

E: Also why is this loving loading stuck on entering world 95% of the time...

Wait on transfering, we will be changing servers again very soon!

As for the loading, I get that a lot if I'm alt+tabbed. Usually pressing a move button unfreezes the load.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

That only makes sense if Deepwood opens some time in the next week, otherwise it makes sense to give Hailol a try for a week and see if we like it

I agree, let's change to hailol,!

We can change to other place in a week anyhow, and that way goons can keep bouncing from shard to shard like a virus.

Edit: Someone else having the Rift Mobile app working like poo poo lately? It never ran super well on my android phone but lately I can't even connect to the servers. It doesn't make it better that the thing sucks a bunch of memory.

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 28, 2013

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

lordfrikk posted:

Anyway, I just arrived to Cape Jule and holy poo poo is this transition extremely poorly designed. It takes me 30-45 seconds to kill one regular enemy and I have to kill 16 of them you say? I can't round up several of them either because then I get smacked silly. This is not how you do expansion introductory area, Trion :mad:

I had the same experience, but din't worry, you iust need to soldier on for a little while: once you get some queat greens everything starts to die faster.

It's actually pretty fun when you actually feel a lot more powerful as you do more quests.

One thing you need to do, though, is check your build. An optimal leveling build will go a long way.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Serai posted:

Is the goon server US only? Can't seem to find it from this desolate place.

Check the settings at the launcher, you can change your zone there. Change it to NA and come play with us!

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Serai posted:

How active are you guys? Any activity during EU evenings?

There's a few EU goons in the guild, and I'm in Spain and never seen gchat quiet, so yeah, you can play on US, no problems.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Innerguard posted:

I'll be rolling up a cleric as I enjoyed one back at launch, though I only played for a short time then. Back then of course, it was using a standard subscription model. So with this free to play model, where is this 'Storm Legion' expansion I missed? I can't see anywhere to buy it, unless it has been rolled in with the base game and parts of it are now on the store or something?

On the store, how is it? I assume the stuff is pretty reasonable, not required, etc?

I think I remember reading near launch that pubbies would apply to join goons, and were made to join goon TS / etc and discuss holy scripture. I think I remember some recording of it, too. Anyone still got that, if I'm recalling correctly?

Forget about Storm Legion, all the content in the game is free and doesn't require purchase.

The only thing from the expansion that is not free are the souls, one spec for each calling, and can be bought at the store!

Unrelated, I'm running bard/tact in regular dungeos at 53 and my healing is pretty drat sick! I can't solo heal, but I'm usually like 5% behind the actual healer. I'm guessing the coming rogue healer soul will be focused on single target, since it looks that bard has raid heals covered.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

zerocrash posted:

Tactician I found stopped being useful for leveling after you leave the first Storm Legion zone. Everything just starts to hit too hard and its self healing can't keep up anymore but before then it's pretty good. Harbinger though is really good, especially when paired with chloromancer. I'm not sure how good it is pre-50 but I made the spec during Rift's Storm Legion beta and it's still the spec I use now at level 60 soloing.

I'm 56 and everything dies super quick to my tactician. I usually pull 4-5 mobs, no problems.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yay just hit 60!
Now, what? Some goons told me to do conquest, and I'll try it just to see what it is, but I'd rather focus on PvE.

On that note, which rep should I level first? I got a quest reward for the first lvl 60 chronicle and it's a scroll that vies 300 rep with any faction, but I don't know which one to choose. I'm a rogue if that matters.

Also, since I'm reading about just one raid group, I'm guessing EU goons are poo poo out of luck raid wise, unless we can play at ungodly hours, right?

edit: Oh! And are those support specs in the OP still up to date, for rogues?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Thanks for the help, goons, and thanks specially to (IGN) Rolle, who crafted a couple of epics and gave me tons of advice.

Last night I actually managed to hit 301 hit after buying a few cheap enchants and some gear. I'm ready to suck at experts now! I'm running Hunter, since I'm guessing melee needs a bit more gear so its a little more durable, and Hunter is pretty fun and up until now I've been top dps even against some dudes with epics.

And as for the 150% mount, I'm TWO loving CREDITS away from buying the spider, so I guess I'll drop 5€ to actually get that and be left with some cred for something else.

Also, Conquest sucks, Trion should fire the guy that came up with that.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

StumblyWumbly posted:

:siren: Gear for new 60s :siren:

On that note, how do sinergy crystals work?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm guessing there's still no way to transfer between regions, right? I'm starting to think that rolling with the goons was a bad idea as an EU player, since I will never get to raid with US goons and it looks like there aren't any Europeans around.

If it's a matter between leveling another character to 60 from scratch and not raiding, :suicide:

VVV Oh, I mean that I'm playing on the US server, since I thought the goon guild had some Euros and that I could raid with them later on. Nope!

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Nov 6, 2013

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Datasmurf posted:

Bah! Rubbish.

Oh well, a man can continue dreaming of a living goon presence on Eu, then.

We're like on oposite sides, I'm EU goon playing in NA shards and I'd like to transfer to a EU shard so I can raid.

Let's switch accounts!

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Datasmurf posted:

I may have invested too much RL money in this game to just up and switch accounts, apart from that, it's a good idea.

Hey Data, I just rerolled EU, leveling a cleric now, but give me your IGN and I'll add you as soon as I can transfer.

edit: same goes for any EU goon

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Cleric questions!
Is the "energizer" cleric build still the best for leveling, or should I go Druidicar?

Also, how's Cleric DPS currently? I think I enjoy healing but I will want to shake things up if I end up healing too much.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Taear posted:

Is there still an EU guild?
Nope! Some EU Goons play in the US guild, but I tried that (and got to 60 there) and decided to just play alone EU side, since I'd like to raid someday.

We should get a EU guild going, really.

edit: and yeah people are stupid lately. I'm making a killing selling things in the AH for three times their price at the in game store.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Taear posted:

Well I lead the EU guild when it existed and Taear is still guilded to Goon Squad, so it exists on Bloodiron if you're on there.

I could transfer to Bloodiron but I don't want to be in a guild with just you. Not that I would say no to some romantic IA's and the ocassional expert play, but a guild is like, way too fast for me.

No, but seriously, how many EU goons do we have that would we willing to get together and reform eu Goon Squad? I love playing with goons, but I like active guilds a lot more.

I actually joined a "serious guild" the other day just to have a group to play with. They actually had a webpage with an application form, how Burning Crusade of them. At least they are not hardcore raiders, but they do use DKP for their raids...

Edit: Jesus, people are super butthurt about the latest issues in EU shards. What's even more funny than that, in every thread where someone is complaining at Trion for ruining the game and stealing their money, there's a guy that goes "Yeah! Not to mention the loving RUSSIANS IN MY SHARD!" Server stability and the Russian ocupation are the game's biggest issues.

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Taear posted:

Why? People don't attack you anyway.

Being on a PvE server means that any faction can join the guild, party and run instances together, plus no one attacks you in an open world event or anything like that.

If we do reform eugoon squad I'd totally vote for moving it to a PvE shard.

• Locked thread