Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I for one love how more and more kickass British actors are showing up in Who. I mean, gently caress, in the last 5 months we've had Ian McKellan, David Warner, Warwick Davis, John Hurt...now if Patrick Stewart could please be in this year's Xmas special, and Sean Connery could just put his retirement behind him for a few days worth of shooting, I could potentially die a happy man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Well, at least Tennant knows a good photobomb opportunity when he sees one!

edit:Although that may be shopped in.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

00Kevin posted:

That's not to say Tennant would never photobomb a shot like that. He probably would. So would Matt for that matter.

Oh god, that's how the special's going to start, isn't it? Ten and Rose step out of the Tardis like any episode in Season Two, talk and wander around for a bit, maybe you'll notice a second blue phone box when you rewatch the scene, and then we'll see Eleven pointing and gurning in the background like he's wont to do.

I can certainly think of worse ways for the special to start. *cough*tardiscoral*cough*

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rhyno posted:

Something I liked about the old series is that Gallifreyans could recognize each other despite changing bodies.

It kinda makes sense seeing as they're low level psychics.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

scary ghost dog posted:

It could also be something totally unexpected.

Gaiman as show-runner? :allears:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rhyno posted:

It'll probably be Rupert Grint. He's very vocal about how he wants the part and since I loving hate him he's a shoe in.

Oh gawd. If we have to have a Harry Potter actor, let's get Emma Watson as the first lady Doctor.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
If we're going for an older Doctor: Patrick Stewart with Jeremy Irons as the Master. Don't tell me that wouldn't kick all kinds of rear end.

A middle-aged doctor: I'd be down with Hugh Laurie.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So CNN has jumped on the speculation bandwagon, and according to them, the list includes Helen Goddamned Mirren.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
My guess? Wheaton Doctor.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Um....dafuq?
http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/07/06/doctor-who-bbc-posts-cryptic-fourth-doctor-video/

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The_Doctor posted:

Follow the main thread, I said what it was. :)

Yeah, I caught that waaay after the fact.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Jose Mengelez posted:

So who was it?

No idea, but apparently both Tennant and Smith were on stage at some point.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rhyno posted:

They could cast her as the elderly Rani before she regenerates.

....into Susan!:tinfoil:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The_Doctor posted:

Like that time he hosed a pig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr9y40F3qu4&feature=c4-overview&list=UUCHcEUksSVKsRDH86j77Ntg

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

That's Peter Cushing.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Yannick_B posted:

Yeah, when the Eighth Doctor says (AAAAAAAAAAAAAA)

I get the impression that this is going to be a large part of everyone's commentary on the minisode from now on. An unashamed :neckbeard:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Whizbang posted:

Wait until midday when they put up one for Hurt.

Nnnnnnnope.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

computer parts posted:

I think it's more likely we'll see Davros.

The old boy has been MIA for awhile now, and lord knows he's survived worse than a spaceship exploding around him.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Teek posted:

Certainly sounds Christmassy, with the snow, a village called Christmas Town and the Doctor aging into some sort of Santa-like figure.

So 2 years ago we had a special themed around A Christmas Carol...last year had The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe...and this year is....The Nightmare Before Christmas?

Or it could be Santa Claus: The Movie. But only if one of the aliens is played by a cackling, hammy John Lithgow.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So this is kinda interesting:

quote:

Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat has revealed that Peter Capaldi "leaps around the place" following his regeneration scene.

The show's 50th anniversary special, 'The Day of the Doctor' aired at the weekend and saw Capaldi briefly appear as the Twelfth Doctor for the first time, but the actor will make his official debut in this year's Christmas special.

Moffat told journalists at the Official Doctor Who Celebration in London yesterday: "We've only seen the tiniest moment. It's just the beginning of a process really. Of course, he's brilliant. And just seeing the energy and vitality that he brings to his performance, he works - he's like Matt [Smith] - he works, he's a worker. And he's an extraordinary vital performer."

He added: "The man is not at all elderly in style, he leaps around the place probably more than any other Doctor in that first scene. But that's not how he's gonna play it, he's in a state of post-regeneration madness. It's something we're still working on."

I loving love the phrase "regeneration madness". Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't 4 and 6 both have something of that? 10 just fell unconscious for the better part of 24 hours, and 11 just had his tastebuds go all wonky.

edit: Also zooming in on the teaser image for The Time of the Doctor reveals some interesting stuff too. For instance:

2 minutes to 12. Yeah, that's not intentional.

Are...are those Silents wearing turtlenecks?

Bow Ties: Still cool.

"I SEE YOU."

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Nov 27, 2013

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The_Doctor posted:

...is that McGann in that last pic?

I dunno, looks distinctly Capaldi to me. Although I've read that McGann is also hiding somewhere in a fire as well in there.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The_Doctor posted:

The eternal flame of utter boredom?

That's the one!

edit: Here's a giant-sized one, the Capaldi/McGann face is between Smith and Coleman:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Just going off his brief appearance in DotD, you can see a brown collar next to his STARE OF DEATH, maybe we'll see a combination of outfits from previous Doctors? Ten's coat, Four's scarf, Seven's umbrella, Three/Eight's ruffles...and either Eleven's bowtie or fez.

gently caress, I just want it as a running gag that after Eleven, no Doctor can resist the allure of a fez.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
YOU ARE A MEAN ONE, MIS-TER GRINCH

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Republican Vampire posted:

So, according to the Daily Star the 'ghost' of a 'huge favourite' appears to Eleven in the TARDIS just before he regenerates.

So it's probably River, but it might also be Amy. I'm kinda hoping for Idris, but that's pretty unlikely considering that she didn't crop up in one of Moff's episodes.

Romana or Bust!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Davros1 posted:

Only if Davros is their landlord.

"I NAME YOU THE DESTROYER! OF! PLUMBING!!!!"

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rita Repulsa posted:

There was a minisode that addressed the Straxx thing
forgot which one.

Or you just do as I do and chalk it up to Sontaran Cloning.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rita Repulsa posted:

Or this will be Dr. Who plus Reservoir Dogs somehow

Now you've got me hoping that we'll see John Simm (or his replacement) strapped to a chair while Capaldi dances to "Stuck in the Middle With You".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

bobkatt013 posted:

Would Clara be bleeding in the corner?

Nah.

River.