Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

awesomepanda posted:

I wouldnt be surprised if that rumor was true. I felt that Moffet's writing and direction since 5 has really gone down the drain. While there were still some great lines and scenes, it was as great of a show any more. If I were an actor, I'd leave too, at the height of my popularity.

Not to mention the faffing around with the delays and split seasons and all that, if I were an actor I probably wouldn't want to be tied to a show whose producers I couldn't be sure knew what they were doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Peter Dinklage.

This would be rad.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

thepokey posted:

Actually I completely forgot he basically already has been The Doctor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl35zTwSXOM (:nws:)

I always assumed Frankie Boyle's show would be terrible and unfunny, I never realised it would be this terrible and unfunny.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

computer parts posted:

So, you didn't like Nine's season then?

I don't know that really counts since that took about ten seconds of explanation and was really foreshadowing more than laid-in clues.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Twisted Perspective posted:

The issue seems to be that some people don't want to accept that Paul McGann regenerated into John Hurt and John Hurt regenerated into Chris.

Probably because that's a retarded retcon.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Daniel Rigby is the guy from the BT ads? Hope it's not him, I wouldn't really be happy with a Doctor whose smug face I'd want to punch in. Not so soon after Tennant.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I wish they wouldn't go to Victorian England so bloody often.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I don't want the clockwork robots back because he'll never write a better one and until now, nothing from that episode has been dragged into the self-referential continuity clusterfuck that now wraps around pretty much everything else he's written and I really didn't want to see that episode get dragged in there too.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Harlock posted:

Why does everything have to be a big cliffhanger mystery. Why can't you just solve a story in one season.

Why not just solve it in one loving episode. Oh, I forgot, Steven Moffat needs to show off just how super clever he is.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

PriorMarcus posted:

Huh. The Doctor wears a humans sliced off face as a disguise.

The Doctor's real name is Doctor Hannibal Lector, calling it now

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Timby posted:

People are bitching about the Doctor battling Robin Hood with a spoon after they fawned over Tennant making a big dramatic speech and trying to make his Zygon detector go "ding" at a rabbit.

It's possible that there are two discrete groups of people.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Metal Loaf posted:

One thing that stuck out to me, though, is that they seem awfully long in terms of pages. I thought the general rule of thumb was that TV scripts are usually a page for every minute of screentime. Maybe I'm being needlessly pedantic; I couldn't write an episode of anything, much less an episode of Doctor Who.

That's one of the things I particularly dislike about Moffat's Who, actually; how quickly everything gets rattled through so ideas never get any time to breathe. Everything feels so muddled and incoherent because there's so much crammed in.

A page a minute is considered about right, how long are these scripts?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I would like for someone to take over and not have the ego to believe that have to write five episodes a year as well as running the show. Get somebody good at running a show to run the show.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Bown posted:

The only Sherlock episode he wrote that I really liked was the season 1 finale. The s3 premiere may still be the worst TV episode of this calendar year.

I didn't really like that one either, it was basically just mashing together a bunch of little mysteries to stretch things out to 90 minutes.

Actually, the only episode of Sherlock I watched that I quite liked was the first one.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Shadoer posted:

How about a compromise.

Lady Lizard and her lesbian assassin servant girlfriend are terrible, but it's made up for by the awesomeness that is Strax.

Strax is the god drat worst of them, a one-joke character whose joke got tired long ago. At least the others have a tiny amount of characterisation.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Chairman Capone posted:

I liked the use of Capaldi's death-glare rather than his entire face (especially one doing the creepy Colin Baker smile-morph) but other than that I probably liked the fan one better.

They're both pretty terrible though.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Lampsacus posted:

I love how The Doctor Dances has grown in critical acclaim. It as such a sneaky subversive ep. I have a feeling that these Season 8 episodes will gain favour over time as well.

If anything, it's reputation falls as Moffat's limited bag of tricks get countlessly reused and you can spot those same components back in that one.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

marktheando posted:

I think children are better at distinguishing fact and fiction than they are usually given credit for

The mentally ill, however, not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Mordiceius posted:

Why the gently caress are people spoiler tagging things in the SPOILER thread yet again?

...for an episode that's already aired.

• Locked thread