Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Mimsy posted:

Firstly I wasn't aware people were playing this again, secondly villains haven't won diamond heist at all since the game went F2P so far as I know. Ring war was about 50/50 last time I played though.

So what are folks playing as now? I only have villains.

I won the diamond heist like twice as a villain. It does happen, or it did, just extremely rarely and at super weird hours. It's pretty retarded how close the heroes base is to it though, since they're all just flying around right there anyways when it starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Maybe if the high-level game didn't rely on clipping animations and other pro-click DOTA bullshit that is not explained anywhere in the game but is tacitly assumed you know about already, much like the rest of the game's mechanics.

Clipping is super easy if you just look it up on YouTube. Back when I played, chaining hard light skills together was the easiest way to poo poo out damage like it ain't no thang.

I might get back in on this, anyone still playing back from when we has the league or whatever? Sadly my only 30 with decent skill points (think I had like 80 or something when I got bored) is an ice tank and ice is boring as poo poo.

Thinking nature. Anyone know if they've made the SP grind less annoying or does it still take forever to get to 140 sp to get accepted into the best guilds?

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Syrg Sapphire posted:

The 1-30's simpler, if you're subbed/get some expansions the middle tiers are faster than ever. I can't even think of people who ask for requirements that high, but I also got into a league that's pretty newbie friendly. We've got a couple of crazy high-end guys but they also go "Okay so here's HOW you play this way" and do instructions on lowbie raids.

Really it's just a matter of knowing who to ask if you aren't trying to be THE TOP OF THE TOP.

Ah. Back around when I stopped playing even random pickup groups for fortress of solitude 1 and 3 were requiring like 80+ cr. Which is completely retarded because I tanked both of them on my ice tank when I only had like 65 cr maybe.

I never got to do prime battleground or gates successfully so that's probably what'll end up bringing me back.

Anyone ever feel like Saints Row 4 feels exacty like DCUO? I just rented it the other night and it's so drat similar it's hilarious. The open world setting, the powers, running around like a super hero collecting poo poo from city rooftops for hours.. Just thought it was funny.

Edit ^^ ah, true! HL dps were definitely the most.. Vocal about their power needs. Pretty annoying.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Oh Jesus you just reminded me of my first Khandaq attempt... I swear we were in there for like 3 hours. Spent 30 minutes trying to get past the first boss, like an hour on the last guy because everyone kept standing still and dying...

I say gently caress that place altogether but you guys probably won't listen. I can only hope that pubbie raids have improved drastically since I last played which is.. Doubtful.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Unless they've buffed it since I played, super strength is pretty worthless as a feat. Being able to pick up cars and poo poo is cool I guess but there are just better things to grab. If you're dps the two that give you might and crit damage are a must. I think that's what they are at least.

Also, Lex has the best final mission imo. Joker's storyline is just annoying imho, Circe is alright.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Giedroyc posted:

Got to CR 84 on my 'main' and having fun exploring the Gotham Wastelands. I wish they'd introduce more of those Legends 1 player challenges, they're really good for getting used to the moveset of the characters and aren't that long, thanks to the Bizarro one I'm getting okay at Brawling clipping now. Hilarious that you get 315 Marks of Triumph for killing 13 cultists in Gotham/Metro considering it can take 10 minutes tops.

Here's a nice guide to casually trying to get your CR up (a lot of it involves having DLC/legendary and game update 32 is going to ban PVP gear in PVE so it might not be useful for that long)
https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/casual-solo-players-guide-from-cr-30-to-cr-84.179129/

They've announced some of the ideas in the next DLC War of the Light Pt1
https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/war-of-the-light-part-i-creative-director-letter.181648/

New Rage tank/red lantern power, blue lantern/Atrocitus legends, new instanced version of metropolis where the missions are like the Gotham Wastelands. They're also moving towards having most drops being available to buy using marks to remove the chance factor in alerts/raids.

Thanks for the guide, looks pretty handy. I'm thinking of paying to switch my cr 70 ice character which is boring as poo poo to another power but I'm not sure which. I'm not legendary so that limits me sadly, I want to try quantum out but I'll probably settle for gadgets or something.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Spaceman Bill posted:

What power sets pair well with shield? Power respecs are cheap right now and earth and I ain't friends and I am too committed to gimmick to switch weapons from my beautiful trash can lid

electricity. It just looks loving sick for some reason. Plus it's a sweet powerset.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Yeah I've been leveling a quantum dps character and it's pretty fun so far. It's pretty funny how fast I can get to the level cap now that I've done it a few times. I'm dreading the SP grind though. They really need to make some of the achievements unlock across all of your characters, that would be boss. :smith:

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Got a PS4 so I'm jumping in on this again. Wish I could port my ~70 cr ice tank from PC but I'm sure gearing up is just as easy now as it was back then.

If anyone wants to play some legends or level or whatever, hit me up, psn is Clizzby

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Dravs posted:

Just trying this out on PS4 as it is being promoted on PSN+ until next week. I finished the tutorial and went to do the first mission in metropolis and it told me it has to download content and will take over 5 hours. Is this normal?

Also is the op still up to date?

yep, poo poo takes loving forever. Better leave it running overnight.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

PS4 League is up!

Hero League: The Outcaste (lovely name, I know, but this was created on nothing but nicotine and sleep deprivation).

Message PSN tag TempusRimeblood for a League invite!

Currently we have a whole 2 members, and are still sub-30, but it's gonna happen! Endgame content will be a thing, as long as we have enough people to run it!

I'll message you for an invite later on tonight probably, as long as you can join leagues without being a subscriber! Playing with goons is a great incentive to get back into the game. Not looking forward to the SP grind again though, getting up to like 90 was a pain in the rear end last time. Maybe they made it easier? :/

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Kyrosiris posted:

Nah, it's related to a change they made to how stuff's sold. The full forum thread is here but the TL,DR is that packs are no longer a thing and their individual components are sold a la carte at cheaper prices (overall). There's also bundles that group like-things together, like a bundle for all of the first six powers, a bundle for all of the ancillary stuff like utility belts and lairs, etc.

Membership is obviously unchanged and you have unlimited access to everything while subbed.

This is pretty awesome, considering all I really want are the powers. Maybe some of the new zones and instances would be good to get too. As long as farming those sub avatar things is still the best way to get your CR up.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
super necro bump. Anyone still play this on PS4? I don't expect to ever get an active goon league going for this game but even having one person to play with would be cool. I'm a CR117 hero wishing I never chose fire, add me! Character name is Country Mac.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
As far as I know, ice is the best DPS spec by a long shot, then sorcery, mental. Not to say you can't top the DPS charts with rage but it'll be more difficult. Ice is basically "press 1 and auto attack. You win"

Which is annoying because I mained an ice tank back when the game first came out on PC and ice sucked.

Quantum is fun, that much ill say. Who cares if it isn't top DPS. Also, hand blasters are awesome. E

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
You have to assign skill points for each loadout, so you probably have skill points sitting there unused. That'd be my guess

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Quantum is loving dope, last time I played it was consistently top 3 for dps, celestial is good, munitions kinda sucks and rage is meh. Really though you should just play quantum and own stuff

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Tsurupettan posted:

I think I'll make a Quantum and Celestial with my free boosts since they seem both good and thematically interesting to me.

And when water comes out, it will be an endless deluge of trump jokes.

Any advice on what weapons to use? Or other things I should be choosing?

hand blasters are good for building up power quickly. one handers are p good for melee, as well as dual wield. Really just pick one that you like the combos for

Brawling is great too

zeldadude fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 12, 2017

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Fuzz posted:

Shield is fun and good.

yeah I have no idea how strong it is in relation to the other weapons but its badass as gently caress so yeah I agree, go shield

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Inzombiac posted:

I've always wondered how this game turned out
I played it in the beginning as some sorta ice bow villain. It was kinda fun but I had no clue what was going on.

It's not bad, the new powers are fun but grinding skill points is tedious as gently caress and takes forever now. And last I played at least there was a CR range that was really difficult to get past, like 110 or 114 or something. Was really annoying.

Once you reach the upper tier of a certain set of raids you're basically forced to just grind easy poo poo over and over unless you use replay badges. Maybe its different if you have a league to carry you though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
stuff that's good in dcuo now: sorcery, mental, ice, earth, natures and hand blasters

I wish gear wasn't so annoying to get past like 110 CR. It becomes such a grind.

• Locked thread