Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

signalnoise posted:

Soooo, straight up, nothing you do for free can net you anything for PvP? Is that correct

You can still play against other people with PvE cards, just not in tournaments or under formal rules. There's apparently going to be at least two separate pvp formats, one "anything goes" and informal and one more formal with rules about what cards you can and can't etc.

I agree that the game races seem really hackneyed ("Driders, but MALE") but what I care about is gameplay. Blizzard-style MMO's are always hackneyed as gently caress because that's what has mass appeal. Everybody knows what an orc is.

rinski posted:

Like you said, I think that's something that will likely come with time, and it's something people have mentioned to them. I mean, the game kind of blatantly rips off other games, subtly and overtly. One of their cards is a functional reprint of Man-o'-war. I'm hopeful that, once the game gets going, they'll have a bit more leeway to develop it in their own unique way.

Even if they don't, it'll be Magic 2 with a better online multiplayer client. That in and of itself seems worthwhile.

That, and a chance to start over at the ground floor of a new game without having to deal with two decade's worth of crazy rear end cards. This is finally my chance to get in at the start and be That Guy who has the crazy cards that only came out in the first print set or whatever. This is my chance to be part of the problem. I'm in for more of a preorder buy than I care to admit.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Here's a fan database of all known cards so far:

http://hex.potion-of-wit.com/

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Kinda weird question.

I haven't played a TCG in over a decade, hell, it's probably been over fifteen years since I played M:TG back in high school. I know Hex is largely similar to Magic (one reason it caught my interest), but I also know that Magic has evolved considerably since my day. Back in ye Olden Tyme, which for me was basically Revised Edition, the major decks I remember were black card-loss/drain life decks, hordes of cheap white 1/1 creatures, and for people with crazy cards, various first-turn-kill shenanigans.

I feel like I probably have a lot of strategic catching up to do. Is there a website I can look at somewhere that tells me what the major deck strategies have been in M:TG over the past few years? Does anyone have any thoughts on what sort of strategies we're likely to see in Hex?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Stormgale posted:

As for hex without a better understanding of the core set I think it is mostly guesswork at the moment, though I feel that multi colour decks will be very viable with the threshold mechanic as it is harder to get flooded of one type of your mana, epsecially if there are good cards at 1-2 threshold (In essence instead of you needing to assign specific Mana colors like in magic, you have a simple check requirment of having played X number of a given type of Mana source and mana is all colorlessness.. In magic if you only have one source of red and a hand full of red spells you tend to be poo poo out of luck but in Hex if they need 1 Ruby you can play 1 ruby and then 6 Wild (the green analogue) and still play them all.)

Thanks, that's a good thought. I read through a bunch of the links y'all provided and I think I have a decent grasp of how things mostly work these days.One thing I've noticed is that there seem to be a lot more cards (both in Hex and in MTG) that pull from the graveyard than there were back when I was playing MTG.

At this point, yeah, we're theorycrafting. I'm also wondering if the ability to insert cards into opponent's decks or generate many new cards of your own might alter the standard "minimum number of cards only" rule. But we'll see.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Exclusive posted:

Whoa some of these cards and ideas are so interesting.

So the Spectral Lotus transforms into a Black Tiger after use permanently (even after the game ends). There a Spectral Lotus Garden card that creates a Spectral Lotus and adds it your collection the first time you login each day. The concept of cards that manipulate your collection and are not used in decks is super cool. I do wonder what effect this will have on the availability and price of certain cards. I would expect the Spectral Lotus to be low-value since the production of it can be 100% controlled by players.

Not quite. Only kickstarter accounts @ King and up will have Spectral Lotus Gardens, so there's going to be a finite number of Garden cards. It depends on a couple things.

1) How popular and involved the PvE game is. If it's a full on MMO in its own right as deep as WoW or something there will be a market for the Spectral Lotus, if only to reduce deck size by four(Play for 0 cost, draw a card) or as zero cost artifacts for dwarf decks.
2) How popular the game is generally. If nobody buys in beyond the kickstarter, everyone and their brother will have the garden and the lotus will be worthless. If a million subscribers hit, less than a tenth of a percent of players will have gardens and the Spectral Lotus will probably be fairly valuable.

Karnegal posted:

Well, in today's article they writer talked about having 59 cards in his deck for a dungeon when one of his 60 was lost (just for the duration of the dungeons) due to a PvE encounter. So we know that, at times, at least in PvE, you can have less than 60 cards.

Yeah, good catch. It sounds like if cards die in PvE play they stay dead for the length of the dungeon, which is another good reason to stack your deck big and thick.

I kinda like that. Some of the most fun Magic games I ever played were ones where people played with like 500-card decks because you got crazier results and there was a lot more variation game to game.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 24, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Adar posted:

A word of warning: in the gam(bl)ing world, this is very often a sign of a company with less in the bank than it needs to cover obligations. When a company is unscrupulous and in trouble, player funds take a backseat to affiliates, marketing, and day to day operating costs, all of which get more players in the door at the cost of 'merely' making a few existing ones unhappy. It's happened many times and the pattern always looks like this.

That does not mean these guys will be broke two years from now or even that that is what is happening here. But don't count on making serious money from this particular videogame too heavily.

Thanks for posting that, appreciate the warning. Looking over the thread the later few pages seem to have a lot of posts from people finally getting paid, though; the original poster seems to have been paid, etc. It might just be squeaky wheels or they may be catching up.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 13:52 on May 25, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
He probably means spending directly on advertisements, awesome promotional kickstarter videos, etc.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

All Nines posted:

This game is looking awesome so far, especially with the Twitch video with Midrange Humans v. Mono-BlackBlood Control. It speaks well of this game that I was already really excited for the former deck type, got more excited for it after seeing those new cards, and now really want to play the latter as well, after seeing it in action (and it's cool to see that there's a seemingly balanced Necropotence-style card). Another thing I'm really glad for is that the Black Lotus equivalent is PvE only, so I can safely ignore that sort of thing in my own experiences.

I'm only getting in at the Knight tier, though, since I'm not in any position to invest more in this than I would any other video game. But I feel like this is still a pretty good deal, especially if I only want to put two decks together at the moment.

Is there any way to watch those twitch videos? Didn't see an archive.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Yeah, I've had a hard time reading details on some of the twitch streams but I've assumed that was an issue with the resolution on the stream more than anything else. Otherwise all the card images have been plenty clear.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Am I correct in thinking that "destroy" and "bury" on the card descriptions mean the same thing, while "Void" means "remove from game" ?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Adar posted:

This confirms it for me: they have always been short on cash (I did some quick research and they're basically 3 years old?) and went the usual route of paying the advertising fees and staff $ over players and third parties.

The Kickstarter should fix that if they budget well, so hopefully it's a thing of the past now. For that matter, I'll probably fund them myself. Just remember this post before you decide to try to spend 12 hours a day practicing for months to try to win five figures or something.

Thanks for the heads' up, your analysis seems sound.

For me though it's not about planning on winning competitive play but more about the chance to participate in competitive play and find out if it's something I'm capable of.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Adar posted:

Basically, if you have a job, you're not going to be top 10. If you don't have a certain ability to do complicated math and predict your opponents' deck construction in your head, you probably won't be top 100. But pretty much anybody with a high standardized test score and some time to practice can win more than their share of drafts in a game like this.

tldr: maybe! I'm more of a PvE and :10bux: guy these days but if it's sufficiently deep and there's a bit of fun auction house money in it, I'll make a hobby out of it myself.

Yeah, that's about what I expect. There's always that top clique of people in any online competition who are dedicating their whole lives to it. My goal is just to see how I high a ranking I can get without making my life revolve around the game.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Adar posted:

Incidentally, if you're gonna (spend a lot of money and) try to get good at Internet cards, there are three overlapping but not identical skillsets involved here:
. . .
This means that Dungeon Crawler is by far the best reward tier. Pro Player is an extra draft a week in year 2+ of the game, but you're hopefully not already planning on playing this game for a decade. DC gives you double the storyline loot and 20 legendaries immediately and you can sell all of it off for Paypal on the first day. That's a pretty sweet deal if the game is halfway decent on release. So if you're going for the 250 bucks, I'd forget PP and go with that one. The others seem quite bad in comparison.

Yeah, I figured that much out and went in for Grand King because of it before they added a year of free draft to all the other tiers, and it still seems like a sufficiently superior deal that I'm not going to change out. I don't know how much grinding I'm going to want to do, but I know that Dungeon Crawler means I'll have to do half as much of it, and time is money. Plus, there's a decent chance that the Collector tier's unique-art cards will add up over time.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 26, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Adar posted:

Time is money, though. I'm not planning on deeply caring about auction bux (let's not forget I just spent a few posts saying it might be a Bad Idea) but if I'm going to put down $250 for a game, at the very least, I don't want to spend any more afterwards. With DC I can easily do that if the PvE is any good, because my loot will pay for boosters and then some (and what's more, the account itself only gets more valuable every expansion). With Pro Player, I get one entry into a tournament I'm not planning on winning and one draft per week a year from now, but then have to pay for all the other drafts. The only way this is a good trade is if the PvE is awful. It's sort of amusing to me that Pro Player is sold out given how much better DC will be in almost every case.

Raid Leader is a far, far worse version of Dungeon Crawler and Guild Master is niche/pointless for almost everybody. Collector...eh, I don't wanna speculate. Could be good, could be really bad, but I understand you guys. Just don't take Raid Leader.

Well that depends on how much people actually care about equipment. I think it's likely you're correct but if this game ends up being a PvP game with a MMO tacked on to get freemium players in through the front door, the long-term value of gear might be very little. If it turns out more like WoW with a deep and long-term experience that people really get into then Dungeon Crawler's a much better prospect.

Basically people know what they're getting with pro player. DC is probably a better deal but is more of a gamble.

edit: for some reason I forgot about the added year of free draft in this post

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 27, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

thiswayliesmadness posted:

How many starter decks are there likely to be available when the client is released to us? We've only got so many, and already starting to theory craft decks/themes I'd like to try running.

I've never played a game of draft before and from what I understand: You open a booster, take a card and pass the rest to the left. Keep passing them around till there's no cards left and you've gone through all 3 boosters like that. What's the real strategy with this format? Do you just take the rarest card in your first booster and start trying to build around that? Taking cards to deny another player something useful (eg. a great centerpiece black troop, when you've been building red/white) must be hard to balance against choosing something you need. Teach me how to survive at draft!

There's a guy on the HEX forums posting Drafting tutorial videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjZmfPzXUxk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2S0kZq5jb4

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
One thing I'm wondering about drafting in Hex. Is it going to significantly flood the supply of singles?

If it's both popular and cheap, it would seem that there's likely to be a wild oversupply of cards generally, as everyone buys packs for drafting, both because of lower drafting prices and because of the much greater ease of anytime online tournament matching. I would suspect that this wouldn't be as great a worry with a game like M:TG that prints a limited run of each set, and I suspect it wouldn't be an issue in this game if cards were purchased solely on basis of demand for cards (because of the Glorious Free Market, etc.). But if everyone gets the cards they want, then buys more for drafting, it'd seem like that's a lot of extra cards out there. Which is a problem if we're viewing cards as an investment to any degree or planning on cashing out down the line.

I'd seen various people predict a flood of the initial set in Hex due to the Kickstarter purchases and that wasn't worrying me due to the likelihood that the Kickstarter people are going to be a very small minority of players. But it seems like drafting is a larger concern. Or is this even a concern? Maybe a general flood of cards is a good thing, esp. if the initial set goes out of print (will the initial set go out of print?).

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

HotBobaloo posted:

I guess I will take the plunge and go with Dungeon Crawler. I'm assuming that actual cards are part of that 100% bonus and not just gold and equipment. Have they confirmed that cards drop in dungeons and they are part of the bonus?

This seems like a good question for Blinkman. I don't think it's been explicitly stated either way; the comments I've seen seem to strongly indicate that the vast majority of PvE rewards will be PvE items, gold, and PvE-only cards, but there might be some rare PvP cards. I suspect that you'll get more PvP-legal cards from the free year of drafting than you will from dungeon bashing even with the dungeon crawler boost.

From the videos I've watched on the Hex youtube channel (add to OP? https://www.youtube.com/user/CryptozoicGaming?feature=watch), it seems that a lot of the PvE cards you gain may end up coming from story decisions, rather than as "loot". I.e., recruit a particular individual in a dungeon, get his card.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 09:19 on May 27, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Zonekeeper posted:

Aside from the price, how is this any different from MTGO? With a few exceptions, commons are incredibly cheap on there. A competitive pauper (common only) deck can be had for less than $2.50.

Commons are just that - common. As for rares, the desirable ones will be expensive, and the crappy ones will be cheap, same as any other TCG. All increasing the supply of cards does is decrease the magnitude of the price.

I'd argue that this is a good thing - one of the big barriers to entry for Magic tournaments is the high cost of competitive decks, and reducing that barrier leads to more people playing in them. It's healthy for the Tourney scene and healthy for the game.

You're probably right on the whole. When I said "wild oversupply" I meant more things like the most expensive legendary cards being less than a dollar." There's some transition point in a collectible where you want it to have some degree of value.

signalnoise posted:

Do we have any indication that our free weekly drafts will roll over? Or do I need to really use them each week?

My understanding is that just like having to log in with the spectral lotus, you'll have to use the draft each week.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

signalnoise posted:

Yknow I was gonna say this is bullshit but on the other hand it's a pretty nifty way to ensure your player base sticks around

Also makes sure more people are playing drafts which makes it easier for everyone to find drafts. I'm sure one point of the "free draft once per week" tier is to ensure a base of people are around whenever someone wants to draft.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Hah, yeah, don't sell that one.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

katkillad2 posted:

I'm a little annoyed that the rarest card of the kickstarter is probably going to come from a shirt.

From comments on the forum it seems they're nixing that plan.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

rear end Catchcum posted:

Why is it such a big deal if they include a card?

Some people care deeply about Catching Them All and would feel they "had" to buy a $30-plus-shipping shirt just to get the card.

For me I just don't want to monkey with my pledge settings any further for fear of having someone snipe my pledge tier out from under me.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
The PvE/PvP mixed format is going to be a flood of one-round-kill craziness unless you're only playing with a small group of friends at your same level or something.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Question(s) about the "friend codes" from the Guild Leader tier:

Can I use those codes to get a friend into a beta? If a friend has an account with a single free starter pack, can I still give him those codes, or does it need to be a pay account?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Yeah, Dungeon Crawler is a gamble on people being willing to pay hundreds of virtual dollars for end-game raid content.

I'm not sure that's a sure bet for a lot of reasons. Primarily, you're not going to get the same chance to show off fancy PvE content; raids of three people are not raids of forty, there aren't going to be big cities where you can wave around your fancy raid gear, etc.

More importantly, though, the PvE endgame content in most of the big MMO's exists because the PvE endgame content is the long-term value driver of the game. That's what keeps people playing for a long time, so it takes forever, so people spend a lot of $$ to shortcut that long process. That's the whole point -- make people spend months raiding so that all forty people can get a full set of Dragonbone Plate or whatever.

In this game I suspect that they will have a far greater priority on getting people into PvP as the "endgame" content. There will be leveling up the champion and various mercenaries, sure, and there's clearly lots of cards for people to get equipment for, but I think the PvE equipment market is going to be a bigger gamble in this game than x number of free drafts over time.

Of course that distinction is somewhat moot because presuming you only play for a year you'll get the same draft benefits either way. But (for example) the Collector tier might turn out to be just as valuable as Dungeon Crawler, if PvE gear is relatively easy to obtain and there's a high demand for the PvP alternate art cards.

EDIT: another factor is that every booster you open supposedly includes some sort of virtual "prize" in addition to the cards. My bet is this will at least sometimes be a random item of equipment.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 28, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Exclusive posted:

Am I the only one who gives 0 fucks about PvE? In fact I'd be ecstatic if they scrapped that idea altogether.

I'm rusty enough on TCG play that I want to practice in PvE a bit before jumping into the deep end of the pool. Just browsing modern Magic decks there are a lot of concepts and abilities that I had to look up ("annihilator"? Indestructible? Hexproof? Flashback?) and I'll need to play for a bit before I'll have a deck worth actually taking against other people.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Eh, they've explained it to a certain extent. They've released an article or two on it (Kraken's Lair) on their website. The problem is everyone who's played a TCG before *knows* what the pvp side of the game is like; PvE, no matter how well explained, is so new as to be hypothetical, and the parts that will determine loot value are precisely the parts they aren't going to explain till post release ("Yes, it will take you months of grinding to get a magic sword for your raid deck. You'll love it. Trust us. There will be lock-out timers and everything. It'll be just like that tedious grind that made you quit WoW in frustration after a year.")

EDIT: New article today (or did this go up yesterday?) on a PvE dungeon: http://hextcg.com/interview-with-a-supervillain/

Interesting thing is the endgame card appears to be PvP flagged.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 28, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

katkillad2 posted:

I still think the collector is the hidden gem, even after they doubled the cards in that update as of right now there will only be 604 sets of the alternate art pvp cards each year. Still a little bit of a gamble as it probably depends on if they just pick whatever they feel like for the alternate art or if they do the best cards.

Plus, most people backing at Collector tier are going to keep their pair. I expect that, like Spectral Lotus Garden, those are cards that are only going to hit the auction house when someone's account gets hacked.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Can you Counterspell the casting of a "hexproof" creature?

Also, what ever happened to Banding? Is that just not a thing any more? Banding was awesome.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Some Numbers posted:

You can, but the new philosophy in Magic is that creatures are more interesting that spells and counterspells are really uninteresting. So, they've made countermagic worse and creatures better.

Banding was a dumb ability that way more text than can fit on a card. Wizards doesn't want abilities whose reminder text can't fit on a card in 2 pt font.

Bleh, that's dumb. Creatures are lame play for borings. The fun part of magic is forking a counterspell onto itself.

Exclusive posted:

And banding has been gone for over a decade I believe.

What do you want from me? I'm old!

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 28, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

cheetah7071 posted:

Probably every 3-4 months once it gets up and running. I'd be surprised if the second set is released less than 2 months after the transition from out of beta, though, which would mean about a year after the beta goes live.

I don't think they've given a precise release date on Beta but from what I have heard them say they intend to release the full game "as soon as possible" after Beta, a matter of months.

signalnoise posted:

So the question then is when do the free drafts start and when do the sets come out?

They've said every three to four months. So it's possible a free year might take us into set 2 or even set 3 maybe.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
IT depends on the "beta." Is this going to be a beta like, say, Mechwarrior Online, which is technically still "in beta" months and months after what was functionally a full release, or is it going to be a "beta" like Everquest where 3/4ths of the game doesn't work and they're just stress testing the servers? Is it going to last a month, or six?

If it's a three-month "beta" and they release Set 2 after four or five months from the start date of "beta", ok then. If it's a six-month beta and they don't release set 2 till three months after "release," yeah that would be more annoying to a lot of folks I think.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 29, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
It was an alpha build, new bugs are going to be cropping up while things are in development. They also said in one of the streams that they'd wanted to use a different Champion but the last update had broken his abilities.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Here is Stovetop posted:

Pretty much the gaming community has allowed this to happen to themselves back when they started pre-purchasing games for beta access. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it's the current state of affairs, enough people did vote with their wallet and say they wanted this that we are getting it full on.

I think it's also an inevitability given the nature of modern online gaming. It's not possible for a company to fully test for all bugs and problems pre-release. In house testing can't match the mass market, it's just not possible, because they can't duplicate every weird configuration someone might possibly have at home and so forth.

If we didn't have "open betas" for these games the games would just release buggy as hell anyway. Calling the initial release phase "beta" is more honest anyway.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Blazing Zero posted:

I'm certain they will ban thieves. I don't think this game is supposed to be that hardcore. Hilarious if they let that sort of thing ride, though.

If it's *possible* to steal from the guild bank, the whole concept is going to be a failure. The only way to do it is going to be with account-flagged cards that revert to the owner the minute Owner leaves guild.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

signalnoise posted:

Crypto response to my question about how guild bank will work:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I guess since it's going to legit be with my friends

Eh, is that "Decks (which you retain control of) and cards donated to guild bank (which you do not retain control of)" or "Decks and cards donated to guild back, neither of which you retain control of"

Subordinate clauses are the bane of clear developer communications.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

katkillad2 posted:

Yea that definitely makes the most sense and how I was interpreting it.

Yeah, I agree, just pointing out that his wording was a little ambiguous.

quote:

This card is blowing my mind :psyduck:

Hex seems to have a lot of high-power game-ending cards with high logistical costs. Things like this, Trial of Faith, Soul Marble, Sliver of the Immortal Spear, and The Transcended all take a bit of setup but will basically end the game once in play. Seems like they don't want games lasting more than a half hour or so :P

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Jedit posted:

I'm waiting for all the trolls in the last 24 hours, posting "GK/PP about to open up".

I'm just afraid of what's going to happen once the first few Hex accounts get hacked.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

signalnoise posted:

The thing that kills me about it is that, well I forget where I read it, but I read something about the guild bank basically being the equivalent of when you and your friends pool your cards. I did this when I was a kid with Magic, and our collection suddenly filled a duffel bag. It was a huge selection. They're really trying to limit that, and it's bullshit.

I think they probably have to. The more power they give the guild tools, the bigger of an issue eve online style scamming is going to be, because ultimately online guild-mates are not your childhood friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Some Numbers posted:

It sounded like picking on of the mutually exclusive cards would block your account from obtaining the other card, by any means.

Yeah. It also sounded like they would be PvE only.

Collectors will just adjust and a "full set" will be considered everything but the mutually exclusive cards.

• Locked thread