Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

How much of a pain is it to change castes as an Indian ruler? I'm Buddhist Hasteinn in England and the single county holy war is painful.

As long as you fulfil the holding requirements, yes. I dunno why it wouldn't be. I invaded it as Erik the Heathen and it was the perfect place from which to permanently cripple Christianity.

Go Hindu, get 200 karma and six years of your income and you're good to go. If you have 12 learning it's just three years, IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

That is one of the worst puns they could've used.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

dj_clawson posted:

Couple things to take into account:
- Morale. Where are they and where are you on that bar?
- Do you have awesome commanders leading? Because that's a HUGE bonus over the AI
- Are you attacking or defending? Defenders usually have a bonus
- Are you in the mountains? Get the gently caress out of the mountains. No one wants to be there. You will die of attrition.

Unless you are the defender and you are outnumbered. Then mountains are awesome.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Goofballs posted:

What's the fastest way to get a succession that isn't gavelkind because that seems to really gently caress me in the long term.

If you're not a king, rule for ten years and make sure none of your vassals have negative opinion of you. As long as you're not a king, you can change the succession to whatever you want. If you are a king, what succession you can choose depends on your crown authority. However, you can choose Elective at any crown authority, IIRC. This allows you to choose any of your kids you want to be your heir. Just make sure you make your vassals happy otherwise they'll elect themselves. As a Celt, you can also choose Tanistry, which locks the succession to your dynasty, but your vassals will vote for your old uncle who's unmarried and has no kids.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

What does the map look like for the Charlemagne start? I have yet to buy the DLC (I really, really should considering how much I love this game)

Not good. Massive Karling Blob in Europe, horrific Abbasid blob in the Middle East (seriously, the worst). Tribal Ireland and Scotland Pictland. Tengri Kharzaria. Lots of Ibadis in North Africa though!

I also have trauma from the patch that came with Charlemagne, which effectively reduced decadence to nothing. The Abbasids would lock down the entire Middle East, laugh off the Seljuks and even fought off the Mongols. Maybe that got fixed with later patches, but 769 is the worst start date, IMO.

Try the 1337 start date. True, it's short, but I find I rarely play for long anyways and you can play as the Ottomans, Glorious Srbja, an independent Italian city state (the HRE is very weak in this start date), or claw for power within the disintegrating Mongol Empires. And you can have fun with the Black Death! Enjoy -7 health and an 80% chance to spread to adjacent provinces!

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 27, 2015

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

Oh, and India just looks really hosed up at the moment, it's a mess.

That's pretty standard for India. Endless de jure and subjugation wars.

Here's a map of the 769 start:

Charlemagne himself gets a bunch of unique events and it's possible for him to create an HRE that controls all of Italy, Germany, and France.

Oh, and the Sunbros are Zunist pagans, with unique events and sun worship. Reforming them can be tough because a) Abbasids and b) one of their holy sites is in Egypt of all places.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

mornhaven posted:

How do I get baron-level vassals to improve their holdings? All they do is sit there amassing hundreds of ducats, yet they never build anything.

You can't force them to it. Just hope they improve things on their own, which in my experience they will do as far their local tech level will allow them to.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

As someone who expelled the jews as a mad king early in the game (and later welcomed them back) is there any benefit at all to doing that? Seems like a giant trap, because you randomly lose 50 tech points.

It's a move of desperation. I've done it a few times on purpose, but it's usually at a point when 50 extra tech points wouldn't help me anyways. 200 extra gold and wiping away your debt can be very handy in a pinch.

If you're dependent on mercenaries to win a war and your coffers are draining, kicking out the Jews can be very useful.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

So I chose the scholarship focus from WoL and the events where I buy the Necromincon and search for the Mad Arab fire over and over and over and over again and the event chain is progressing right. Has this happened to anyone else? It's been a while since I played CK2.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

Can anyone explain to me what these events that causes the Abbasid Caliph to lose 50% decadence out of nowhere are? He's gotten them three times in a row now, every time knocking him down from 100% decadence to 50%. I've been keeping a close eye on him, since I want to attack when he gets a revolt.
Every time a decadence invasion hits a Muslim ruler, they lose 50 decadence, preventing them by being hit by one multiple times in a row.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Weird, that's the only situation in which decadence should drop so fast. At least its not the days when Charlemagne first came out, and the Abbasids never got decadence at all.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Hey guys, I've got something to show you.

First, I'm going to tell you a story. I was playing through the Indian Tutorial LP for the Megathread when I first came across the Black Death. I was excited to see its carnage. One of the most devastating diseases in history - right in my empire! Unfortunately, I would not see the continent changing disease I expected. The disease killed a bunch of noblemen and burned itself out in Persia. Kinda sad.

Flash-forward a few years later. I'm playing around with mods and I notice that when I changed some values in the bubonic plague data set, it goes from "kinda nasty" to "holy crap it's the end of the world". So with the help of some other goons, I've created this - the Enhanced Black death mod.

It may not be historically accurate, so if you care about :immersion:, you may want to leave.

So here's how it works: in 1304 (I picked the date at random), the Black Death will have a 90% to spawn each day, but it will spawn only once.. (I've had problems with it not spawning at all with 100%). You'll also get this event:

As the plague spreads, (it has a contagiousness rate of 90%), it hit each province for two years. In addition, when someone gets the Bubonic Plague disease trait, an event will fire for their liege:

(this is from an earlier version of the mod, the effect of the new trait has changed a little.)

When this event fires, you'll get a new trait - Plague King. (I borrowed the Icon from After the End, sorry Ofaloaf, I couldn't find a good icon for what I needed)

As the description suggests, this trait represents the breakdowns in the social order when the Black Death struck. A massive unrest penalty and your vassals will hate your guts. As the plague now stays in a province for two years, even if the top ruler is killed, it's very likely that his successor will get it too.

Due to various problems with getting the event to fire only once, I had to make it so that the scope for the event firing depended on the liege not having the trait. Thus you'll have cases like the picture above, where because both the liege and one of his underlings got the trait, the effects stacked and now there's a 40% chance of rebellion in that province.

Essentially, what this means is that you can see which countries have been hit by the plague simply by checking the revolt risk map. In a few years that map will be covered with red. Like this:

It's not uncommon for the plague to start in Spain and reach India.

As the plague spreads, even the highest of the high will be hit. Right now, (later I'll be adding more) when the Pope, Sunni Caliph, and Shia Caliph are hit, their religions will be hit with a massive moral authority penalty, as people turn to heresy in hopes of finding some cure to their ills.

Eventually, in 1315, the chaos should subside, as things return to a relative calm.

Sound interesting? I've got a few plans for this mod:

1. Multiple outbreaks of the plague, this will involve creating several new diseases (representing each separate outbreak) to spawn at various points during the 14th century. For example, black_death_1 might spawn at 1304, but black_death_2 might do so in 1330, and so on and so on. Each of these will have their own events.

2. Every religious head should be able to get the moral authority penalty, including the Fylkirate, the various High Priests of the Reformed pagan faiths, and the Ibadi Caliphate.

3. Some editing of the disease itself.

Any suggestions? I'm happy to hear of any way to improve it. Also, I've tested it a bunch already, but it's good to get other people to test it.

And here's the mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dufwky884hldv9j/enhanced_black_death.zip?dl=0

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Cantorsdust posted:

This is a really cool idea. One suggestion--maybe make it so people in hiding have a decreased chance to get the plague? Or some equivalent trait option--you can quarantine yourself away for a reduced risk, at the cost of increasing your revolt risk/vassal revolt risk even further by your absence.

Interesting. I'm not sure how I would implement that, but I'll keep that in mind. For right now there is a very gamey way to avoid the Black Death. Simply raise an army, make your ruler the leader of it, and keep that army on a boat for two years. Any kids he's tutoring will come along for the ride. As long as your ruler is not in a province with the plague, he'll be fine. And since water doesn't get the plague modifier, he won't have anything to worry about.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Being able to quarantine family members would be neat as well. Depending on the situation a bit of a no-brainer (sending your genius heir to hide until things blow over, etc.), but besides only being able to quarantine yourself and not your spouse or chidren being silly I kind of like the idea of sending off you family but staying to manage the country yourself. Also, depending on how complex it'd be, the AI deciding whether to quarantine themselves based on traits (Craven versus Brave, Zealous and maybe Cynical, etc.) and other factors. Which could be fun if you stay to run things but all your direct vassals run off and you end up having revolts all over anyway when their subjects get pissed.

Of course that's all complexity even beyond the base idea. Still, that mod looks pretty neat; I probably won't try it immediately (I'm still getting back into just playing regular CKII) but I'll definitely give it a try sooner or later.

I'm thinking of making it so having Plague King (which, remember, also represents the coming of the BD to your realm) can trigger Go Into Hiding, and being in hiding somehow reduces your chance of catching the plague. I haven't figured out that last part out yet. Boosting health to help survive BD?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

There might be localization problems for the Sunni and the Shia, I've just realized. Will fix that later.

Also, I'd like some suggestions for flavor text for the other religions that are hit with the MA penalty.

Norse Fylkirate flavor text (this will show up for the Fylkir only, and is from their perspective):
Worldwide Fylkirate Disaster flavor text (this shows up for everyone, and is from the same perspective as the Mongols showing up):

Ibadi Caliphate flavor text:
Worldwide flavor text (for example, here is what it looks like for the Sunni Caliph "The Plague strikes high and low. The realm of the Sunni Caliph has felt the wrath of Allah as the plague depopulates entire cities. The cries of the mourning drown out the call to prayer and the prayers of the faithful are filled with requests of deliverance. Only Allah knows when the plague shall stop."):

Tengri worldwide flavor text (given that the High Priests are unplayable, I won't need good flavor texts for their leaders):

Finnish Pagan worldwide flavor text:

Romuva worldwide flavor text:

West African worldwide flavor text:

Slavic flavor worldwide text:

Zunist (Ha!) worldwide text:

Zoroastrian worldwide flavor text:

Jewish worldwide flavor text:

Miaphysite worldwide flavor text:

Nestorian worldwide flavor text:

Orthodox worldwide flavor text:

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

monster on a stick posted:

There should be a "someone was in a house infected by the plague, do you want to brick it up and kill them" event, preferably for your genius heir. Of course you'd have to figure out a way for it to never fire for ambitious rear end in a top hat vassals.
Honestly, if you get the Bubonic Plague, you don't need to worry about bricking someone up to kill them. One time with the mod, every single vassal of the King of England was killed, and the king got to restructure the realm as he pleased. Another time, nearly every single significant ruler in the world was a child, because their parents were killed. I've seen Muslim rulers go through like ten wives in two years.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

"Oy vey, another bout of suffering? Doesn't this ever get old for you, Adonai?"
That's not quite what I need for the Jewish worldwide (meaning everyone sees it) flavor text, but it is good for the Jewish response to it.

Skype has provided me with this for the Zunists: The sky is darkened as a hideous disease strikes both the innocent and guilty alike. The once bright lands of the Zun Shah are trembling under the ravages of the plague, as the Plague sweeps through mercilessly. It seems that Zun the lawgiver has truly forsaken them.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Edit: Also I like that Zunist one, but using "plague" twice in that one sentence sounds a bit awkward.

I just changed the second "plague" to "the Black Death". And I've noted your text.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

"Desperate sacrifices to the death god Erlik reach an unprecedented level as the plague races across the far steppes. From yurt to yurt, the Black Death strikes deep into Outer Mongolia, an unstoppable wave of death that only grows faster by the day. As horses die under their riders, the withering war bands of the east look to the sky and wonder why Tengri Khan has abandoned them to darkness."
:stare:

:drat:

Going into the mod right now.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

at the date posted:

"It's the economy, fools!"

"I wish I lived in more enlightened times."

Though I probably will use your quote, as I find a EU reference very funny in this context.

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 18, 2015

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Man, some of these are pretty metal. I kind of want to rewrite some of what I wrote earlier to make it more in-line with how dark the others are.

Yours is just fine. They don't all have to be :black101:, just showing that things have taken a serious downturn. A very serious downturn. Though if you want to edit for flow or something that's fine.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

pwnyXpress posted:

I think it would be interesting to have the plague interact with the WoL focuses on some way. For example, having the rulership focus is what would allow you to brick up people in their houses, or the trade focus would give you knowledge on trade routes such that you would know how to protect your borders better, or the family focus is what would enable you to send family members into hiding. This gives players more of a choice on how they deal with it.

Sounds good and I'd put those in, but the way the Black Death spreads is those epidemic clouds that appear on the map, and I haven't figured out how to mod those, as I feel they're probably hard-corded. Regardless, have some pictures of what goes on in the mod.

Due to the high revolt risk, it isn't uncommon for liberation revolts to get absurd amounts of troops.

It isn't fun to be the HRE with the mod. Which means it's working perfectly. (That wasn't even the most revolts they've had a time.)

By the time Plague King wound down in 1315, Italy, Lotharingia, and Frisia all broke away from the HRE via liberation revolt.

Jocelyn lost all his siblings to the plague.

Teodoro had many children, but he lost half of them to the plague. And then the plague took him.

edit: hold on, I think I may have found a way to roughly simulate quarantine. Going to need to look it up first.

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 18, 2015

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Reveilled posted:

How about this?

Gif format makes the transparency a bit janky, it should look better in game I hope.

DDS file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o9sqp93t7yonfon/plagueking.dds?dl=0

Thanks, I'll test it out.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

What's a good way to build up piety as an Orthodox character? My 26 martial Byzantine emperor died in the battle that won the last city in Rome that I needed to mend the great schism and my heir had negative piety. So, only 2000 to go.

E: also my character is cynical

Got any Muslims or pagans you can holy war?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Alright, I'm working on a way to quarantine the realm. Probably won't work, but I'm giving it a shot. Basically, what I'm doing is creating a decision that will give your ruler the "Quarantine" trait, which puts you in a regency, cuts down tax income, and other things, but should prevent you from getting the Bubonic Plague trait. When you get it, all of your realm characters should get an event that gives it to them as well. Likewise, when you initiate the quarantine, you can enact a decision to lift the quarantine, removing the Quarantine trait from you and everyone else.

I've just got a couple of problems.

1. I need a icon on the decision tab for enacting and lifting the quarantine.
2. I need a good tool for adding transparency to really small icons so I don't get that ugly white border around the Quarantine trait.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Bel Monte posted:

Not sure if you're going for a realistic feeling or results from that or not, but I had read some reactions to the plague. Very few groups practiced true quarantine as we know it today (I haven't really read of any, but I know some had to exist).
If you wanted to establish some kind of stepped quarantine that gradually gets more stringent the more your people die, that might be more realistic.

As an aside, will this be on the steam workshop when done? Really looking forward to this!
People were asking about quarantine, so I decided to see if I could work with it. Also, I will probably set this on the Workshop when I feel it's done. You can actually play with it right now with the link in the original post, if you want.

Roland Jones posted:

Also if you still need icon/graphic help, I can assist with that. What'd be the best way to get in contact with you for that, Morgenstern?
Just pm me the stuff you make and you can put it up on Dropbox if you have an account. It would be most helpful.

I suppose I should set up some goals for the mod, in order of importance.

1. All religions get the MA penalty. (Definitely, easy to make but tedious)
2. Flavor events (Easy to make, just need to come up with them)
3. Multiple Periods of the Plague [1304-1315, 1330-1341, 1370-1381]. (Will take a lot of work, but I feel it will better emulate it, as the plague IIRC came in waves)
4. Jew events. I'm planning a choice to expel the Jews or keep them and if the latter whether or not to accept Jewish refugees. Expelling them gives you the same penalty as expelling them normally, but will also lower revolt risk. Choosing to accept refugees will anger people, but will give you really good advisers and tech points. (Would like to, but could run into trouble.)
5. Quarantine stuff (would be cool, but kinda of difficult to get it to work.)

I may make up some more as I go on or I get some cool suggestions. I will post if I put it on the workshop, though!

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Additional goal: add in special Hard mode version of the mod, for those who thought it wasn't lethal enough.

Also, Bel Monte, there's some localization problems for the Shia and Sunni MA events, which I've fixed, but haven't updated to the internet yet.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Alright, I have most of the quarantine stuff worked out, as it turned out to be less painful than I thought. However, in order to initiate a quarantine, you must have 200 prestige (could be more, 200 is just the placeholder now), be at peace, and over 16. Furthermore, all landed characters in your realm will need regents as well and your tax income is halved. However, Poles (and possibly other West Slavs) can do this without the 200 prestige, in reference to their historical quarantine.

And Jaramin has kindly made a new Quarantine icon, which is actually transparent and looks more natural.

edit:And there is a cooldown on the quarantine before you can lift it, so as to prevent any kind of shenanigans.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

I remember hearing Groogy saying something along the lines of the next DLC being about the legends of the Middle Ages, like Excalibur and stuff. Maybe we'll get a named weapon system like in that mod?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Pretty sure I've got all the kinks involved in quarantining worked out, so I'm moving on to flavor events.

Here are some ideas of mine.

1. Infected village
a. Send monks to help the sick -> monks die and you lose prestige for losing them, but you get piety and a possibility of gaining the Kind trait for your kindness.
b. Burn down the village -> village burns but you stem the plague there, gaining you prestige and a possibility of gaining Cruel. You lose piety for this.
c. Do nothing -> Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

2. Religious doubts.
a. God is dead -> lose piety, possibility of gaining Cynical
b. This is a test of our faith -> gain piety, possibility of gaining Zealous
c. I've got no idea. -> NV, NG

I can't think of any others at the moment, so help is appreciated once again.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Fuligin posted:

No idea, I only played 945 before it got merged in. In general I'm pretty leery of CK2 modding these days though, feels like spergs are running the asylum now.

:mad:

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

:woop: Quarantine is working exactly as I want it. Quarantine costs gold and prestige to activate, so you need to be pretty powerful to pull it off. Also, the quarantine will not stop the killings by the Black Death, but it seems to greatly reduce them. Just need to work on flavor events. It wouldn't be an apocalyptic mod without some spooky events, would it?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Nakar posted:

A possible revolt by peasants who think you're not doing enough to stop the spread of the plague. The leader of the revolt is really strong, but has the plague himself.

But thanks for the ideas.
This:

quote:

Maybe some plague doctors want to study the plague and you can go along with their proposal for some cultural tech but probably contribute to the spread of the plague because the doctors have no idea what they're doing.
This:

quote:

Events related to dead in the streets and how you treat them, for more revolt risk if you burn the bodies or whatever but it maybe limits the spread.
This:

quote:

Another ruler with the Plague King modifier contacts you to figure out what to do about it. Be diplomatic for a relations boost and maybe even a friendship but turn away the diplomats and block off the border for a relations hit but a chance of slowing the plague.
and this:

quote:

CAROUSING: You can commiserate with your vassals over drinks, lessening the penalties from Plague King.
all look quite interesting.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

How does the game handle cases where the Norsemen took over areas and became known by different name or became an entirely different culture? Like Russia or Normandy, for example. In the game I took to the 11th century, I saw some Norse in Scandinavia turn Swedish, but not all of them did and I've no idea what caused it. I haven't seen Russia or Normandie form in any game so I'm just curious.

After 950 IIRC Norse characters get a decision to convert to a certain culture depending on the area they're in. Thus Norsemen in France can become Norman, Norsemen in Sweden can become Swedish, and Norsemen in Russia can become Russian etc.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

As a Norseman in Finland i didn't get that option.

Well yeah, you're in Finland. Norse splits into Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish depending on the kingdom and Norman if they control a Frankish, French, Occitan, or Breton province.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

What do you need to control to be russian? I Figured I might turn russian since I had suomenusko territories but

Oh wait I think I had turned those regions Norse by that time?

My mistake, I was thinking of Severians, Volhynians, and Ilmenians, who will turn Russian if their owner is not an unreformed pagan, not East Slavic or Finno Ugric, or is already Russian. I think it used to be that you had be Norse to convert those cultures into Russian, but they've changed it.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

I like it when they do stuff like that. I wish there was more stuff like it! A cultural change mechanic might be neat, give you a random culture name or something derived from where you are located, if you're one culture ruling over another like in England post Hastings.

Normans will convert Anglo-Saxon provinces into English provinces after 1150.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Yo gently caress horse archers. It is loving bullshit that I can lose a battle where I have 27k troops defending against 18k crossing a river just because they have a thousand horse archers. And all of my commanders had 22 martial and none of theirs were over 17. gently caress!

Were you fighting Steppe Nomads (Cumans, Pechenegs, Mongols, Kimaks, etcs)? They have a special tactic that allows them to boost horse archer attacks by an insane amount and sets the fight back to the skirmish phase, where your infantry are useless.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Alright, before I release v 0.2 of BlackDeathMod, I need a couple things:

Romuva struck by the Plague responses-- This is what characters of a certain faith say in response to a religion getting hit with the plague.
Reformed Romuva:
Old Romuva:
Muslim:
Christian:

Suomenusko plague responses--
Reformed:
Old:
Muslim:
Christian:

Slavic plague responses
Reformed:
Old:
Muslim:
Christian:

With those done, I can release v 0.2, which adds:
  • Quarantining - I really need other people to check if this works well.

• An additional bookmark in addition to the 1304 one, the new one shall be in 1279, the year that Ivaljo the Cabbage ruled. Ivaljo was the leader of Europe's only successful overthrow of a monarch by peasants. This should give you some time for monarchs to have kids and alliances, just in time for the world to go to hell.

• All non-heresies with a religious head will get the MA penalty, alongside an improved system for it occuring.

Looking forward to testing it with you guys. I'm still working on the flavor events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Passenger Of poo poo posted:

What is the easiest way to convert provinces? I'm Jewish Axum from the 1066 start and its 1088 and I'm really worried about these frequent religious uprisings.
Raise Moral Authority, and make sure your vassals are Zealous, Jewish AI characters won't convert provinces if they aren't. It's weird, but true.
I think "the Lecher" is actually an understatement.

• Locked thread