Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rincewind posted:

You know how the 1066 start has That One Habsburg you can try to take from count to, well, Habsburg? Are there any characters like that in 867-- members of future great dynasties lurking around as counts or dukes?

I think there's a Hohenzollern kicking around the HRE in a later bookmark, maybe a Romanov too.

Also, Piast in Greater Poland, but that's a massive pain in the rear end thanks to Slavic somehow sucking worse than Romuva.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

How am I supposed to maneuver my grandchildren onto every throne in Europe if they die before puberty?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

9.9/10 of the time, the Caliphate(s) are formed by Bedouins, Andalusians, or Berbers. Titles owned by characters of those cultures take on the dynasty name (and in the case of Muslims, the emblem is replaced by the dynasty standard.)

Going by the color, it's probably some randomly generated Muslim dynasty that took over the Idrisids and proceeded to unlock the full potential of Islam.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sam. posted:

The beta is out!

After the End 0.1

Thanks to Ofaloaf and Klonself for all their hard work.
Patrician Thom and Martha of Wayne.

You called the New York culture Gothamite just for this didn't you.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh yeah, and the Texas counties are unselectable at start, and half of them apparently have NO_CULTURE. I'm not running Sunset Invasion, so maybe it has something to do with that.

And is the Caribbean Empire heir supposed to be Peter Tosh?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Paradox move us back to the collapse of Western Rome, I want to play as Attila the Hun.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm surprised that the Holy Columbus Confederacy flag isn't just the flag of the Army of Tennessee.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

More importantly, you can reform the Gothic kingdoms because the Visigoths were still a thing in 769 apparently.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The various Pueblo peoples meanwhile have not noticed nor cared that the world sort of ended. Taos Pueblo is a peaceful oasis now that tourists have gone extinct.

The Pacific northwest Indians just got on their boats and left.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dear God it's full of counties :stare:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My personal favorites are vomit Iberia (seriously do any modders pay attention to how colors are organized in the base game) and Saharan Africa somehow being an even shittier place to play in.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Truly, having even more bullshit in the Sahara and pixel-sized counties enhance the CK2 experience.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh poo poo is that Ibiza as it's own county ahahahaahahahahaa

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

VerdantSquire posted:

This thing called "secret bears" came up during the stream, and I have no idea what its about. Would someone care to explain?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82485&d=1370418450

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

VerdantSquire posted:

I desperately want this to go into the game just to watch the paradox forums explode into frothing anger. It'll be beautiful.

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but ahistoric!!! Immersion!!! Vote with your wallet!!! No one cares about Native americans!!!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Yazidi in-game is represented as a Sunni heresy for gameplay purposes (the tooltip even says as much - in fact most non-Christian heresies are actually separate religions.)

Getting the Sunni MA down low enough will cause heresies to spawn in a random order (this can be accomplished by just letting the Fatimids do their job.)

If there are more characters who follow the heresy than those who follow the "mainstream" religion, the heresy becomes the dominant form of the religion.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sam. posted:

Some stuff I coded for the America mod:

Is Theovelt supposed to be a mangling of "Theodore Roosevelt"?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Roman Emperors are static, Mohammed and the Caliphs (Rashidun, Umayyad, and Abbasid) are static, Charlemagne is static.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

KOraithER posted:

I think I saw something when they announced elective gavelkind that vassals who don't like the new liege would have an option to declare independence, possibly without a war.

And lo and behold, the shittiest loving mechanic in the game just got shittier

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I've been experimenting with starting as a pagan and converting to Judaism via concubine. Only really practical with the Norse (Rurik and Dyre mainly), but it turns all your neighbors into free lunches and thanks to your ancestral faith being unreformed provinces and characters convert much easier.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So I started as the count of Dublin in good old 1066, conquered my way into King of Ireland, married my way into king of Scotland and England (with Wales coming in as a package deal), became Emperor of All Britons, vassalized the Pope for popeclaims and popemoney, and then finally married my way onto the throne of Byzantium.

Game's going pretty great, right? Nope. BROKEN SAVE.

gently caress everything, I even managed to convert the Ilkhanate for god's sake.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

DLC where the Ming replace Tamerlane and wreck everyone's poo poo from Anatolia to Iberia.

When exported to EUIV, the Ming territory turns into successor states that continue to wreck everyone's poo poo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bold Robot posted:

What's their rationale for taking away the stab button? Seems guaranteed to make the game less fun.

No one actually uses it because the chance is always so loving low for a hefty sum.

Also if you fail the assassination they almost always send one for you.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

From what I remember, Great Holy Wars can only be called on specific targets that are different to each religion - usually where Holy Sites are.

You probably have all the targets that can be Great Holy War'd by Zoroastrians.

EDIT: Okay, here we go: http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Great_Holy_Wars

The targets are weighted, the higher weight means the higher likelyhood of getting Holy War'd. Everything that's not in the Persian Empire has a really really low chance of being called for.

Note that this is possibly out of date, because I've had the Tengri High Priest call a Great Holy War for Hungary.

Funky Valentine fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 29, 2014

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm imagining that the Norse religion in the north came about from hearing stories about the legendary "Vikings" and their struggle against "Lions", "Redkins", "Giants", "Dolphins", "Cowboys", and "49'ers."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Is that Comancheria up on the github version?

:getin: yesyesyesyes empire of the summer moon here i come

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If you really want to view Paradox Forums, just watch this on repeat for an hour.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

quote:

- Wars can no longer be won before a major battle has taken place or 3 years have passed

Oh Jesus.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

GSD posted:

fake edit: the Prophet is a Comanche himself too, for bonus points.

Quanah Parker walks again, get the peyote.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Duke Gonzalo the Speedy

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Last Emperor posted:

Who would 'Africa' be in that screenshot?

If it's Muslim shouldn't it default to the Dynasty name?

It's actually culture that decides the realm name.

Whoever holds Africa isn't Berber or Bedouin.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Jesus christ the county names in Ireland now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

This thread makes it sound like adventurers pop up every other month; I haven't seen one gunning for me since SoA came out :shrug:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ratpick posted:

Could someone spill the beans on the details of Zunism? I'm not all that interested in the Charlemagne stuff, but new religions to play with are always fun.

Think the non-Norse/Tengri pagans, only even more hosed by positioning.

EDIT: also, they have a holy site in Egypt for some godforsaken reas - oh, Ra, right.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It's not letting me properly change the title of my kingdom if I'm a religion that likes the dynasty name. :negative:

Maybe if I restart the client?

Changes cultures to something not Bedouin, Berber, Turkish, Persian, or the Dravidians.

Religion only decides the flag, not the name.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's actually sort of refreshing to see the Abbasid Caliphate not be completely limp-dicked. Their new flag is pretty cool too.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Saxons do enjoy lopping off northern Norway for some reason.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Why would you want to stop being Pictish and lose out on the awesome names for characters?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You can apparently get Strong, Genius, Quick, and Blind via events if you're Zunist.

Holy gently caress what.

• Locked thread