Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I've been having some bug where the Byzantine Empire will never offer or accept a surrender from a non-player realm no matter what. It's not uncommon to see the Byzantine Empire with numerous wars, all with a war score of 100%, just sitting there and not surrendering or trying to enforce their demands. Is there any way to fix this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

fool_of_sound posted:

Certain CBs only transfer the titles of occupied lands; NPCs often will continue these wars past 100% warscore in order to steal more land.

I'm talking about wars that will last for decades after every single Byzantine holding is occupied.

e: Deaths of characters are the only things that end these wars.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I hope this new expansion adds the West African coastal provinces that are there in EU4 so it doesn't look so weird when you conquer West Africa, convert a game, and then see all those countries suddenly there.

I'm going to be starting doing multiplayer with friends soon, and we decided on trying to do an Old Gods start date, forming Scandanvia, Wendish Empire, and Russia, and also reforming their respective religions. I'm going to be dealing with Russia, which is a country I've never played before. Any tips/hints to starting in Russia? Here's what I've been informed of so far:

-Send spymaster to spy on Byzantine tech
-Have other advisors do their tech stuff on my capital
-Invest in horse archers and get ready for Seljuks (and eventually Mongols)
-Reform the religion as soon as possible.

Any other tips for a Russian start? Until religions are reformed, I'll be able to count on the other players for military assistance.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Is there any way for an unreformed pagan to change religion to another unreformed pagan religion? I'm playing a Norse Russia game and my heir is West African religion because his ex-wife converted him. Every Norse wife I've given him since then ends up converted by him to West African. His oldest son is Norse so I could just take that way, but the lack of being able to raid will hurt.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Bishop Rodan posted:

One of these days I want to engineer a scenario in which Europe ends up divided between the Mongols and the Aztecs and then converting to EU4, for a Renaissance Cold War without any nukes to dissuade people from turning it hot. :getin:

I did this, but it has some problems. The one time I ran an observe game of it, the Mongols and Aztecs never went to war. They got royal married, allied up, and then somehow the Aztecs wound up in a PU over the Mongol Khanate. So the Mongols couldn't declare war on the things around them and expand, and the Aztecs never declared war on anything outside the Americas. The Khanate also didn't really help out in the Aztec's wars because that'd have required building a fleet capable of transporting troops across the Atlantic and the AI hates doing that.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I changed government types to make sure the Mongol Khanate didn't just fall apart, I changed tech groups, I did everything but mess with ideas and the natural enemies stuff.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I think the Norse can raid any coastal province regardless of religion, but I'm not sure. For the other pagans (except West Africa, which can't raid or do anything interesting) the victims have to be of a different religion than you. So a Romuva can raid a Slavic or Catholic, but not another Romuva.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

SourceElement posted:

Does an up-to-date version of the Shattered World scenario exist? It was my favorite way to play, and now it doesn't seem to exist in its original form. Some of the most amazing chaos came out of those "everything is reduced to single counties" starts.

I was hoping that CK2+ still had it, but it seems to be suffering from a complete lack of optional modules in general.

Someone on the forums has a version but it's not quite what I'm looking for. They completely disable vanilla CBs because of how they've hacked together their "dynamic duchies."

This person does another version that takes out the pre-existing kingdoms and empires, leaving behind only duchies to start out. It's closer to what I want, but not quite there.

I used Kingdoms Abound to do this. It has an option that'll make a mod of the game where the history has been cleared and you can spawn a certain amount of realms. If you set the realms to 9999 (or any other number higher than the amount of counties) then every county will be its own realm.

I'm wondering if there is a mod out there that starts the game with the dejure kingdoms or empires intact.

e: Its main purpose is not what I just described, so it isn't advertised as doing that. It is capable of it though and hasn't caused any problems aside from the Duchy of Latium not being part of any empire's de jure territory for some reason.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Allyn posted:

You don't even need to set the realms to 9999 anymore, it has a feature specifically for making shattered world-types -- you just set history to "Generate" instead of "Clear" (if memory serves). I think you can do what you're asking about using that feature too, there's something about what level you want to clear titles up to in there.

Duchy of Latium tends to drift into the Papacy's de jure land, and the Papacy doesn't have a de jure empire title. Maybe that's it? Dunno.

Oh wow, thanks for that info. I either misread about (or assumed incorrectly) the 'generate' function. That's really helpful to know about.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm not understanding the boat thing. I already can make trade zones that extend across North Africa.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Darkrenown posted:

The Maldives are down by India ;)

Oh, I feel dumb. I had a brain fart and thought they were talking about the Canaries.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Lots of shout outs to Wiz during this. Good to see they're using his cool ideas.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I've been seeing some weird issues where wars end, but some countries don't actually release all of their seiged territories from other kingdoms. It's really bad if with an observe game I started in the latin empire start date it seems. The Byzantines currently hold half of the Latin Empire's holdings, but aren't actually at war with them. Similar is going on with the hordes and Cumania and Persia.

It's weird.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Using the beta patch on a save with the bugged Indian religion revolt risks doesn't end them or put a expiration date on them. What's the console command to type to end them?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

If I'm playing a republic, how do I seize a trade post from a rival patrician family? I've heard you can't do it as doge but after not winning an election I'm still unable. The current doge is, however, stealing my trade posts for his family. So I'm really confused as to how that system works.

e:

Beet posted:

I believe you also need to have fewer trade posts than your target.

Well that's not happening any time soon. Guess it's time to bribe and stab my way back into power.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 21, 2014

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Azmodaii posted:

I just wanted to ask if the CK2 to EUIV converter is any good, I am considering starting a game in CK2 and play on into EUIV and get fully attached to my characters, but if the converter is crap and causes problems then I'd rather not bother at all.

What's the advice here?

Overall it is pretty solid, but it does have some problems. If Ironman and achievements are important to you, you can't use them in your EU4 game as the converter creates a mod that disables Ironman. Jainism doesn't really convert right. Some weird things can happen if you've got a CK2 game where you own a ton of land, including a ton of universities and then convert it. I think I once had a game where all my tech was 50% off because of stacked university bonuses from Italian possessions.

Overall I like it, but you're gonna encounter some odd stuff that normally wouldn't be possible in EU4 because of it. That universities thing can really bite you in the rear end if a large neighbor you're friendly with has a ton of universities, you convert, and then they're suddenly not very friendly to you. The tech gain can be massive.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Torrannor posted:

I very much am in agreement with county creep being bad, but this map of Africa is a vast improvement over the vanilla map.

Yeah. I remember when they first announced Mali would be included, and I assumed there'd be some coastal provinces and you'd have to sail ships to even get to them. After many attempts at an Ethiopia or Mali game only to be frustrated by only having one real way to expand each, I'd definitely like an overhaul to Africa.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

How are we to murder our lovely children now?!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

You can't form plots to murder your children.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Increasing centralization will increase your demesne size, which is a nice bonus. Legalism now no longer does that (or they're modifying how it does) and instead unlocks how high your centralization and crown laws can be.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Project lead for CK2 said he hoped they never do a China expansion for CK2. The guy he's talking with pointed out that as project lead, that was up to him. The project lead responded with "Tell that to Johan." with an exasperated tone.

I think Johan's pushing for China.

e: Secret bears may actually be put in in a way that can be disabled.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 28, 2014

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

They've had "press all claims" as a CB since the game launched. They have to be your direct claims though.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Looks like there's going to be another Charlemagne preview livestream in about two hours and twenty minutes.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Shadeoses posted:

Occasionally popes can get it, even.

If anyone has a screenshot of Pope Priest-Hater, I'd love to see it.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

e: Nevermind, found a sort of solution.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 1, 2014

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I got some land I don't want and I'd like to grant the count independence. However when I do I'm told I can't because he's not a de jure vassal of my religion. What do I have to do to make him a de jure vassal or grant him independence anyway?

e: I just checked and the kingdom his county is in did de jure drift into my empire a while ago.

e2: I've also used the console to switch over and I've tried to get the count to start an independence faction. Every time I click the "start faction" button my game crashes.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 5, 2014

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm emperor and I've got some duchies that are called minor viceroyalties (instead of duchies) despite not having any viceroyalty laws. For some reason I can't hand these titles out, I'm just stuck with them. Any idea on how to fix this? Not ironman, but I dont' want to just use the give_title console command because I want to give out land with it too.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I am the viceroyalty holder.

e: guess I'll just console command it onto someone else and then kill them.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 8, 2015

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Anyone do a decent amount of modding? I've been trying to make a decision to help me set up custom scenarios for EU4 but everytime I trigger it via console it doesn't show a button to click on.

I've had it with text on the area that usually describes the event but I removed it to see if it would cause the button to pop up. I've tried a lot of things and consulted a few guides but I haven't found it yet.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

SeaTard posted:

Usually this is because you didn't define your namespace.

That was it, thank you.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'd be ok with regencies if they suffered from the same inability to change crown laws more than once. As it is it is absurd that a regent can change crown laws 4 times in the span of a year while an actual ruler can only change it once in their life.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Map expansion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5pIdN4iSZk

quote:

With an expanded map, revised interface and new rules for successions and trade, Horse Lords will immerse you in a world very different from the fixed settlements of Europe and challenge you to become the Great Khan – the Ruler of the Sky.

Features in the coming Horse Lords expansion include:
Nomadic rule: Distinct from the tribal governments already in game, nomads need lots of space and resist the trappings of settlement
Clan politics: Rule a clan within a nomadic tribe, split clans that get too large, fight for dominance, and proclaim feuds and blood oaths
Muster Hordes: Raise vast armies of horsemen and archers, mobilizing your entire population to ride forth and conquer
Silk Road: This rich trade network can bring great wealth to whomever controls the cities along the route – but it’s especially ripe for pillaging.
Larger Map: The Central Asian plains have been expanded
Tributaries: New diplomatic relationship for nomad states forces defeated enemies to keep the Khan’s coffers filled.
Forts: build temporary fortifications to hold a province under your sway for just long enough for you to finish the war.
Horse Lords is the eighth major expansion to Crusader Kings II and will be coming to major digital retailers very soon. In the meantime, prepare to meet the Great Khan on the field of battle; your stone walls won’t help you.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Dallan Invictus posted:

Also, the very last map (or timeline) expansion I am prepared to not hate. Seriously. Stop. Please.

I'd be ok with a West Africa revision, to include some of the other nations in that area and the coastal provinces. Mali needs more to do beside just kind of exist. Neighbors and a sea route to expand without fighting through the Moroccan deserts would do that. It would also require a huge revision to West African religion mechanics, which I am also for. I don't see this as a huge possibility though.

DrSunshine posted:

Calling it now -- China expansion Q1 2016.

Eventually the map will be all of Eurasiafrica with a big hole where China should be. Then they'll announce Oceania DLC.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I've recently come into quite a bit of land due to a successful crusade but the option to ask one of my council to distribute it isn't appearing. I've used the console to switch to them to see what is up, and the option to offer appears but can't be selected. It says someone else has already offered to assist me in handing my titles out. Letting the game run for a bit doesn't have any sort of pop up happen. What is the Event ID to type in to get one of my councilors to do this for me? I can only find the IDs for this from the councilor's perspective.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Deific Presence posted:

You don't want them to do it anyway, they will create super dukes that hate you and leave you with all the two holding provinces.

I was thinking of just freeing Jerusalem since I don't want to defend it, but yeah the AI will probably screw up the distribution. Guess I'll deal with it myself.

e: Or I can just grant the kingdom title and all lower titles to my most competent non-heir child. That's a lot easier.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jun 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Crusader Kings 2: Just Horsin' Around
Crusader Kings 2: Khan't Stop Me Now

• Locked thread