Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Paxman posted:

You can't get your skills wrong, at least not as a newbie. Putting two or three points into the "wrong" skills might seem bad when you're just starting out but you'll get new skill points before you know it.

To elaborate on this it might seem like you've spent your points badly because at first xp doesn't flow but power on, ask goons for dungeon runs, and then you'll get to the places where the game shits xp all over you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Captain Oblivious posted:

Blade/Hammer? WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS

I think I still have a hammer lying around somewhere!

It's actually a pretty stale hell. You've been gone quite some time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I raise you:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Reverend Dr posted:

Oh, we have plenty of room to fool around with. Actually we have far more than every other role combined.

Stale as in blade/hammer is old hat to everyone except people who ABANDONED the game. Like a certain oblivious captain.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

Huh. I hadn't noticed that the Envoy of Ca'doro signets are tradeable. I want to sell one, but without green versions there's no way to estimate the price- the few that are on sale (5-10 million) have been there for a few days, and there's only one of each.

That seems really high for something that is a guaranteed pick up with minimal time investment.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

tallian posted:

How did you get the item window there? Addon?

Item windows have a little lock on them that can keep it visible when you close the inventory.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

orcane posted:

Other than pubbies exchanging terrible ideas on the TSW forums and some outdated info, I can't find any actual signet "guides" for all roles and their most common builds. Does such a thing exist or do I have to research and write one myself?

I think Mayushii started writing one on the enjin site but that was a few patches ago and full of his standard "my opinion is fact" writing. But a bunch of them are getting revamped in issue 7 so its probably best to hold off until then.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Some of you scrubs need to sign into mumble. I have nothing better to do and want to run some dungeons. I don't even care what difficulty they are.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Would anyone be opposed to reforming the illuminati cabal? We have almost 500 people in it and there's only about a dozen that actually do things.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Marx posted:

I would just wait until after the next issue drops as that will be when you'd see the most activity so I think cat hearding would be easier then.

When issue 7 hit there was still only about a dozen people online in the lumi cabal at any given time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anyone got some good ideas for a lumi cabal name?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

orcane posted:

I think that paints Kingsmouth/Solomon Island as some kind of Tortage just in TSW, and that's not really accurate. Sure, the investigations are frontloaded and later zones have more "kill stuff" missions, especially in Transylvania. So one could make the point that they did indeed run out of steam (and time/money) towards the end. Still, beyond that the regions are indeed disjointed to some extent and that has to be on purpose. The themes connecting the zones are the filth, Orochi and the old gods or whatever they are, but the actual zones then focus on the local effects of these themes in different ways and that's good because that way whatever legend never gets stale.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to have more actual towns, like Kingsmouth. Al-Merayah is my favourite area in the game, you have a wide variety of missions in and around the town. That's also why I'm not a big fan of Transylvania - there's never really a town, it's just like one or two houses or a romany "trailer park", and some quite old ruins which make the whole thing feel like some regular fantasy MMO at times, always in some woods or monastery ruins or graveyards fighting weird creatures and ghosts. At least Carpathian Fangs has the Red Hand installations, but those mostly shine in their dungeon variants (Facility mostly, I love that place).

Maybe Tokyo will be the "town" zone I'm missing, though.

Edit: I also don't understand why they didn't flesh out the starting cities more (well other than not having the time and money for it, obviously) and even after launch concentrated most services in London. NY and especially Seoul are quite pointless.

Because London is the social hub. If you post wanting something different on the official forums pubbies will tell you to gently caress off and Joel will politely tell you to gently caress off.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

GEMorris posted:

In that case why not just ask us to clean house, or dissolve/reform? I certainly don't mind cleaning out the ranks, but dissolving and reforming could also work.

As long as I end up rank five out of this shuffle I don't care what happens.

Edit: How would thinning the ranks even work? The cabal system is garbage and doesn't tell you when people were last online. Would it just be posting on the offsite forums that we removed a bunch of people and they can message someone to get back in?

Len fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 10, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I was almost excited about the event until I read what it was. I'll sign on to get the boots then go back to Last of Us.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Scudrider come back we miss you.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Amante posted:

Minus the not so awesome issue 6 changes that broke the game running on a bunch of people's systems.

"What? I don't know what you're talking about." Funcom

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Phanatic posted:

I've been away for a while, thinking of starting back up again since it went FTP.

I feel sort of like I basically "won" the game, went through the main plotline, and left when it started feeling like a standard MMO with nothing to do but grind for better gear so I could do harder versions of the same instances or grind PvP for no particular reason.

But up until that point, the game was awesome. The Facility is probably the coolest story I've seen in an MMO, you could turn that into a Delta Green RPG adventure in no time flat. The investigation missions were generally fantastic, except for that one in Egypt with the light beams that were consistently broken unless you were the first one there after a server restart.

So is it worth it to download and update the client and come back? Have they added more really cool poo poo like the above, or is it just do-what-you've-already-done-so-you-can-do-it-some-more?

When exactly did you quit? Because Issue 5 and 6 had some good quest chains.

And if you didn't do The Facility on nightmare you're denying yourself a fantastic bit of lore.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Fewd posted:

Has anyone figured out some tweak to get rid of bloom in this game? That poo poo is seriously hideous at times and my eyes were hurting after some prolonged underground parts today.

I have no idea why developers even put bloom in their games, it's not like it even adds to the graphical realism unless you chew lsd and shrooms all day every day and are just used to everything glowing.

I'm not sure but if that's a thing that I can do I could actually play this game on my laptop.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

OneEightHundred posted:

If you disassemble a taco, you get a nacho. Where the filling goes, nobody knows. Maybe they ARE magic.

On top of the nachos to make a delicious taco meal?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

FreeEvilBillMurray.com

Fourthing it but I could be biased.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

How far do I play 'til I get the joke?

I got permabanned from the TSW forums. Forum name EvilBillMurray.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Any humorous story or just standard PR crackdowns on forums?

Technically mod sass got me in the end. But I hassled the developers about commenting more about the horse head fiasco than they did the game being broken for two months.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Why don't we just improve the crygaia wiki? All the work is done and it wouldn't have the potential of being a goon project.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

guppy posted:

If they nerf Cleanup (again) and don't make anything else better probably everyone will just stop running Hell Raised, or at least the last boss of it. Including me. I have most of what I'd want to buy with bullion, I don't need that kind of headache.

Agreed. I'm sitting at 1200 billion right now so if Funcom makes 18s even more of a hassle than it already is I'm not going to even bother signing in until Issue 8.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Toshimo posted:

The corect solution to the Machine Tyrant design is to add another ground particle area that moves about that remove lifeburn when you stand in it. Then double lifeburn's damage. Have Joel send me a check.

Not enough adds. Factor adds in somehow and you have my support.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So I may have bought another TSW account just to post on the forums. Let's see how this goes.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

quote:

I'd rate 10k group DPS as "low end of average", but then I generally stick to relaxed, casual groups instead of the "5k+++ AR ONLY NO NUBS" Agartha PuGs.

I have no idea what this guy is saying.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Reverend Dr posted:

Bind your builder to spacebar. Its the most readily accessible key and you will mash your builder an awful lot.

AR is good and can do the whole game completely by itself. Also early on, with less of the skills filled out, you will just not have as much to pull from for your weapons; its definitely not uncommon to get the feel that you are hardly using your secondary. Though definitely keep a consumer for your secondary weapon, you are building those resources anyway, might as well get use out of them (well, unless you are using anima shot exclusively as your builder since that only generate AR resources, if you are doing that consider putting in another builder or a second builder [anima shot is a 'healing' skill and like all healing skills only generates resources for its weapon, while all damage builders generate resources for both weapons, but anima shot is also really good solo])

As you move into Egypt you will get significantly more AP/SP and be much more able to change up weapons if you want. It just doesn't seem that way when running around the first few zones.

My builder is set to "e" most used consumer "q" and my aux weapon "r". That way the farthest I have to reach is the 5 which I have a cool down on. My normal rotation is eeeq4 and throw 5 in when it's off cool down. But I also tank and can't DPS to save my rear end. I pull 10.2 DPS numbers in full 10.4s

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

MadJackMcJack posted:

^^^ Are there any auto attacks? Mashing my most used attack gets annoying after a while.

I miss that loving game :smith:

There are no autoattacks. You have to smash that builder like there's no tomorrow.

Lyrhea;1603443 posted:

Removed additional posts that were getting petty and derailing the point of the thread. Please refrain from that sort of posting or I shall unleash a herd of frenzied leet upon you. :)

...then again, that would probably just encourage said behavior. ^^

The worst forum mods. :bravo:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

OneEightHundred posted:

Raging Volcano doesn't actually make a volcano, it makes you spin around and shoots chains at things near you. I really don't get it, but it's hardly alone in skills that look nothing like what their descriptions or icons would suggest (Rail Turret, Mortar Support, everything in Chaos).

I think he's talking about Eruption. My elite of choice in my builds just for the range.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rookersh posted:

So, I did /chat join awful, and am in channel #awful, but nobody else seems to be in it. Is it just usually dead around 2:30pm pacific time, or did I mess something up?

Also, where do I buy the Cairo expansion? Apparently the last two issues are not included with the base game? Don't really care about rebuying them, but can't seem to find them on the item store.

You can type /chat list awful to see who is in. It's usually not very many at any time.

Edit: Would it be worth popping onto testlive to check the Whisper thing? Two tanks and a healer would be all you need and you could test literally any stat build for free.

Len fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 24, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Someone back me up on this. I feel only one of my demands is ridiculous.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

You've really gotta start pacing yourself, man. Make the Murray last.

This is my testlive account it's not been banned or anything despite me actively telling them they're bad at things. Besides I have a spare waiting for if I get banned. But really. Would it not be a good idea to give all players access to 10.5's and a raid timer remover on testlive?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Toshimo posted:

Road to Xibalba was a cool loving boss fight, Frankie. :colbert:

Except for the wonky hit detection that was a holdover from when the boss was Melothat it was pretty cool.

And in other news, there's an Internet Superstar at it again! Another 13 hour livestream! What's the over/under on Funcom deciding this is going to be the one year event now?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

Gloves/Glasses/Chest/Legs/Boots. You can wear a jacket over it.

It's everything I've been wanting since November.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Nombres posted:

Holy poo poo the OMB looks great. Any word on how much it'll cost?

Too drat much.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

quote:

My apologies that an attempt at creativity with the title examples was poorly constructed. This game provides a different tone to my three characters based off their faction. Why not gender? For what is, at most, five titles.

I am a female who only plays female characters. When I've conquered, achieved, or completed an epic achievement, I prefer not to have a pat on the back followed with a "Atta boy!" and presentation of a men's gold watch. Part of the lasting attachment to my characters is the memories and tokens earned.

This is something that was presented and changed in the last MMO I played. This is not the same game but I think the idea has the same merit.

Because achievements are discriminating against TSW player -Ara-.

Edit: Look who got back to me on testlive!

Joel posted:

Hey!
Every time I have tried to reply to your PM's on the live forums, you have been banned by the time I hit reply.

Here is the explanation you have been asking for as to why it took 2 months with the AMD bug.

Firstly, we didn't have hardware we could test it on. We had to order a specific configuration which matched those who were having the bug.
When we got our first one of those, it still didn't have the bug (didn't crash). We were pretty baffled.
Meanwhile, our error reporting system said it was Scaleform. So we had the GUI coders going through Scaleform with a fine toothed comb trying to find the error. We didn't find anything in the Scaleform/AMD render code - so we asked AMD for help.
AMD got back to us (after a while as large companies tend to do) and they basically said that the only instances of that error that they have seen is when a specific Nvidia card feature is attempting to be parsed by an AMD card.
Okay, so we started disabling and enabling our Nvidia only features to see if that helped. We were running these tweaks in the background of the live servers, because we were still waiting for a second test machine which we hoped we could use to reproduce the bug.
We got the second machine, we found the render component causing the problem and we disabled it.

That's what happened.

Now on the communication side, you seem to think we should have said more than "We're working on it.". I think we disagree on that point. No good would be served by explaining in a general post what I have explained here - all it would have done is invited people to say stupid things like "I can give you a computer to reproduce the bug on".
Things break, they take time to fix and I think anybody who believes that we would purposely cripple a percentage of our player base and then ignore their bugs is insane.

We are working on it is really only the appropriate response. And obviously a time frame is out of the question when we have NO IDEA what is causing it, as was the case here.

Hope that explains things,
Joel

Len fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 27, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cleretic posted:

We don't know how many people picked which choice in the Dreaming Prison. If it were up to us and our choices Tokyo would probably be dust in the wind because almost all of us sided with the Filth.

But by my guess, we'll be seeing Tokyo at minimal fuckeditude. Even though TSW's a game full of moral ambiguity and there's never really a 'good' choice, the majority of the playerbase (any playerbase, actually) wants to be Good Guys. Tokyo still won't be a pristine paradise because it's still a huge loving crater where a big disaster happened, but I figure damage otherwise will be minimal.

With how many posts on the TSW forums about "I didn't even know there was a choice I want a redo!" I could believe that through sheer pubbie stupidity Tokyo could be hosed.

I sided with the Filth because hey, they offered me a giant demon chicken to ride and power but mostly the demon chicken. And when I have a flying mount and none of you do? Oh man will you be hosed.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cleretic posted:

Where do I find them? The change isn't noted on the live patchnotes, which seems like a pretty important thing to have just forgotten to mention.

This isn't the first time Funcoms done that so you really shouldn't be acting surprised. There's a reason Funcompetence is in the thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

What broke that the "hotfix" was 342 mb?

• Locked thread