Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

HughGRect posted:

Grim was the server most goons joined, but server choice largely doesn't matter. You can do PvE with anyone, and only Fusang (the only persistent pvp area) is affected by server choice at this time.

Pvp is not a fun experience for new players. Without gear and abilities unlocked your just going to get rolled constantly.

PvP isn't fun until you're geared out period. Used to be you could just idle in Fusang for welfare epics and kill some Templars every other hour. Now you have to do things to get rewards and there's a really good chance that you will just get killed a bunch by a team that's geared and coordinating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
There is a Blade/Chaos build with heal procs all over the place that needs two or three healing items initially but you can scale it down to one with decent purps. It's an old build though and I have no idea how it compares to newer stuff but it still works.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

guppy posted:

Don't craft anything except endgame glyphs. But crafting mats come from disassembling gear, which you can do anytime.

Also consumables but the consensus on that used to be craft level 3 leech drinks because those cost very little and are pretty amazing if you're doing any damage at all.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Killsion posted:

Next Tokyo pack on Thursday according to Joel.

Already?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

prefect posted:

I'm getting my rear end beaten left and right by these stupid onis while trying to get their sashimotos. Please tell me Tokyo just starts off terribly unfun with non-stop ground effects I'm not quick enough to dodge. Tell me it gets better.

Happened to me too, loving hate Oni. Doing fairly okay with everything else though.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
So I'm back playing this. What's the way to hook up these days since the old mumble doesn't seem to exist anymore?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well you better get to it again because I just got half the Archeage thread to pick up the game.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I hosed around with it a bit, there is now an AEGIS category for shields you can put points in. Then my connection poo poo itself which I can't really fault the game for though.

Mob density is still way too high though, it's impossible just to get around without pulling to or three packs and getting killed. Or fighting one mob without pulling two or three more packs and getting killed.

Edit: v Nah, it was everything not just the game.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 4, 2014

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
So I wonder why I seem to be the only one running around without an AEGIS shield. How do you get one? Do you have to get the collector's edition?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I'm almost done with one kill ahead though and I don't have it so it looks like I missed something really obvious.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

prefect posted:

The detective you met earlier; he starts the quest.

Welp that'll show me. I pretty much wanted to do that after the story poo poo.

For gearing up yeah, mission packs are great. If you can find people let them drag you through dungeons, that's how I got most of my purpz. I recommend not trying to grind too much of issue 8, you can just buy your way out of it for a million Pax. Also probably group up when starting out in Tokyo, friend of mine recently started and it was super frustrating for him.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Where are you getting those keys from? If I got one I can give it away too.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Illuminati have the best handler, Templars have the best costumes you'll never wear and Dragons are... yeah.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well right now it is up against EVE online which is barely even a game.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Better late than Firefall.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I bought Grandmaster when I picked up the game, some Christmas after the free to play conversion and I haven't regretted it. Sure they could've done more with it but I got a bunch of free points and cool poo poo every month to pick up lots of stuff to dress up with. Was an okay purchase but I wouldn't pick it up now with the way things have been going.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I could probably tank some if I sort out my build and gear. Also relearn all the mechanics. The basics aren't that hard, all I do is spin round. Right round. Like a record, baby. But I tend to forget what bosses do because it has been a while. If you find two competent people they can probably carry you all the way up to nightmares, takes three to carry you through them and you will have to bring a shotgun.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I saw Orcane hanging around London yesterday. Does that mean you're getting the band back together? And by that I mean three people that drag me through more nightmare poo poo so I can figure out where I was going with anything.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Sekenr posted:

Frankly I don't get why so many people wear suits ingame, its not like your character works in an office

The world's your office and your job is to refile suckers under R for rekt. Nobody's gonna correct your spelling either 'cause holy poo poo you just cut that elder horror in half and now you're looking at me like that oh look at the time I left something in the oven.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Honestly it's not so bad once you get all the controllers and get them leveled somewhat. It's best to focus on one though just so you can equip higher level capacitors which help a ton. Not great game design still but also not as big a hurdle as people seem to think it is.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I for one am looking forward to EAPIN VHIRLV. Honestly any update is good I'm pretty sick of doing the same two or three missions over and over.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
So I just finished the tower and I have to say it was some of the most tedious unfun poo poo ever. Getting into it and the first three floors are fine. You can even choose which way you head up so you get a bunch of different floors belonging to different Orochi divisions which I think is pretty cool. Not gonna spoil anything but especially the top floor sucked. Usually I do new issues again as soon as I can and keep revisiting them from time to time but they seriously need to rebalance this poo poo and I would not recommend doing it at all and just looking up the story parts on youtube.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Issue 11 is an odd one. Some of the floors are super easy, some took some effort and a decent number of potions and some I can't for the life of me finish in what is decent Nightmare gear and a survival spec. I would be very surprised if they did anything more than very rudimentary testing that didn't involve top tier gear on top of it.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Still wouldn't exactly recommend going it alone if you can help it at all but it's doable. Unless you leech. Then you can get hosed.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

HughGRect posted:

They are making AO into a Lego game?

I'd play it.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Which isn't even something you actively need to do, the Orochi are like Team Rocket. They show up, they gently caress up and then they blast off. Only difference is they all die in the process.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Or you get dragged through some nightmare poo poo and do some PvP on the side so you can just grab some sweet purpz along the way. I could actually use some more marks to finish my poo poo so if there's people playing again I'd dust off my tanking build.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
When I last played PvP people would rarely heal because the go to build was AR with that windup massive damage sniper shot and whoever clicked first won. Made it entirely unfun for anybody not in either full 10.4 or a zerg.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
That should be plenty and early healing is pretty much spamming Surgical Steel anyway. AR healing is super complex and you pretty much want to be decked out in raid gear for that. You probably want different passives though and get some crit in there.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jul 8, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I will always remember him as a swearing sword of righteous rage who would appear out of nowhere and vanish as quickly as he appeared.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
This game has an amazing story and atmosphere so picking it up, playing through the story and then quitting once you hit the dungeon endgame part is a perfectly good approach to it. Not that the dungeons are bad, they're pretty good too just not worth sticking around and grinding. Just do yourself a favor and skip issue 8.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I seem to recall them selling the ultimate edition in their own shop, both on the site and in game so you can still get it anyway.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
That's not horrible unless you hit the cap and after that 200 Pax per gently caress right off, that's insultingly low.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-abUtRbUS_U

I would say the graphics card is the least of your problem, you really need more RAM. With those specs you should probably get an entirely new computer.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Sent. Also yeah the game should run a lot better than it does but here we are.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Funny, I just switched from 9 to 11 and actually gained FPS. No, I don't know why.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Megazver posted:

That kinda sounds like blame-shifting to me. I dunno.

Funcom, please sell The Secret World IP to Bioware or Bethesda or CDProjekt.

Those are all horrible choices.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yes, a single player version would be nice but all the companies you mentioned make super bland games at best and fundamentally flawed once most of the time.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well Larian did manage to make a really good one with Divinity: Original Sin for example. Kind of on the fence about inXile since I really enjoyed Wasteland 2 but it had some pretty big drawbacks especially in the railroading department but I guess that's kind of the point when you're working for a military kind organization. Or you know, let Funcom keep it, they've been doing alright even though the gameplay is lacking. Also obviously Obsidian, they're pretty good with the storytelling.

All of those are better choices than anything Bioware has shat out in the last almost two decades now, Bethesda ever shat out and the Witcher isn't really anything I would consider providing meaningful choice or indeed any which is kind of huge for any kind of RPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I did and don't remember any choices at all in the first before I got into the city, my save corrupted and I refused to play all that again because of the tedious as gently caress combat. 2 I quit even earlier when the combat system required you to be clairvoyant to be prepared for what's ahead or just die and reload. I didn't touch 3 after that even though from what I hear it's better. I'll put it another way though, the story telling aspect I experienced was not good enough to get me to stick with it despite the massively flawed and downright tedious combat and I very well admit that what annoyed me about the game may have colored my perception of the good parts and I'm not outright saying the game has no merit, just that there is also a lot not to like about it that in fact many people do not like and in either case I wouldn't hold it up as a cornerstone of the genre even though I am well aware that some do.

• Locked thread