Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

That new thread smell.

My only problem with the OP is Prowl ought to be in the list of "best of" Animated figures, the articulation on that figure is phenomenal and he looks amazing and perfectly cartoon-accurate to boot, plus transforms flawlessly.

quote:

Man, I didn't notice this one beforehand, and a Masterpiece G1 Wheeljack and Bumblebee would be amazing. I really hope they have, somehow, gotten the licenses for their alt modes. I would love if part of the stuff with Bumblebee being a politician and not a warrior(and doesn't have a gun) had something to do with getting the license for the alt mode, I know it's extremely unlikely, but it'd be great.

Keldroc posted:

While I firmly believe a new thread was not needed, and at least should have been cleared with the mods, I have decided Terry van Feleday is the best person to make the new thread specifically because they did not call it the loving Galvathread.

You are more of a robot than the ones in the cartoons, dude. This isn't your thread to dictate nor was the last one, your approval is unnecessary, and even with the new thread with a GREAT OP you had to make a final arms-folded passive-aggressive disapproving post. Maybe one day, your smiling servos will unrust and you'll smile again, to the enjoyment of everyone!

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jun 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

What... what have you guys done to me? :psyduck:
Created a mark we can point to and say "new, well-written threads can attract new readers!"

PS: buy Springer now, before he goes out of production. Then buy Sandstorm to go with him.

Then buy a Breacher. Then buy one of these guys and you'll be all set. Thank me later! Give your wallet my condolences.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jun 26, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Phy posted:

Counterpoint: You don't have to buy toys if you don't want to, Sodomy. I'm a big nerdlinger and I do, but the comics are also pretty darn good. I'd recommend checking out Robots In Disguise as well; it would probably be in the running for Best TF Comic Ever if the Roberts books didn't have that sewn up.

Well obviously man, my post was slightly tongue-in-cheek. But only slightly. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
But how can you do without all the Rattrap and Dinobot hijinks???

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

I figure if it's anything like MP-10 (got offered $400 for mine) it will be worth buying.

Between the time I ordered one about 30 minutes ago and now, it jumped from something like toys and games bestseller rank 5,800 to rank 4,380. So uh...probably best to grab one now, yeah.

edit: lol, Cards Against Humanity is the number one bestseller on Amazon.com's toys and games list, as well as all of its expansions. I wonder if any parents are buying that thinking it'll be a fun game for their kids to play.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 29, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GD_American posted:

The packaging for the SDCC stuff is loving INSANE

Where are you guys seeing all this stuff?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Huh. After looking through all the pictures, most of that stuff looks like total crap. Like, knockoff-quality. Rhinox and Waspinator look great, though. I'll have to pick up Skids and Swerve just on principle alone.

GD_American posted:

I know opinions on BBTS are mixed but I've always had phenomenal customer service from them. I don't even mind their prices being higher at times because they're pretty upfront about their business model.

I also understand why they'd be pissed. Amazon breaking embargo probably cost them quite a few sales.

Isn't BBTS the one that basically encourages people clearing out all the highly-sought stuff like Vehicons at stores and funneling those to them? Or am I thinking of a different TF-selling site?

edit: oh, a lot of the Beast Hunters are scaled-up versions of smaller classes? That explains why they look terrible I guess! Taking notes from the dollar store knockoff handbook apparently.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
NDA's are a sunuvabitch.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Do people not like that mold? Huh. I was quite satisfied.

I didn't even know it existed. How old is it? I want one but it's probably one of those super expensive ones.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh, it's third party. What a shame.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I know, but I actually like the look of that one more, dinky feet/thighs and all. It's just a shame that it's third party and thus forty loving dollars.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The face is chromed too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ahahaha. I find it far more amusing than is rational that I just bought Rumble, thought "wow, he is totally a Gurren Lagann Gunmen", googled "enkidu gurren lagann" and this was in the top 15 results

Rumble's torso is straight-up Enkidu's torsoface, almost to the letter, just slightly more angular. And you can just not transform Rumble's torso to make the figure "headless", which turns it into a Gunmen.

A pretty neat and slightly random reference.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 26, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I know it's not really related to the TF thread and I'm a bit late to the discussion about it, but I remember a few folks talking/being excited about the Lego Delorean and someone(probably Rhyno) talking smack a couple pages ago, well it turns out the front of the box picture is just the worst possible angle for it since it really doesn't look that terrible at any other angle. For those who don't read the Lego thread, here's a review with a bunch of great pictures. I'm totally going to buy one after reading it.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 29, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
probably like what happened to two of mine, both arms will snap off and he'll become a paraplegic.

Rhyno posted:

I've seen numerous angles and it still looks like absolute poo poo.
It's okay, Rhyno. Let it all out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Before I even finished the word "Masterpiece" the guy at the customer service counter at Toys R Us started to curl the corners of his mouth into a grin that said all I needed to know.

:negative:

He then said that they were supposed to get them last week, never did, and haven't heard anything else since.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Because it would cost $500. Duh.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I passed. Have at it, Doctor, WHO KNOWS WHEN YOU WILL GET THIS CHANCE AGAIN etc.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He was also a diecast missile that was used to great effect during many a bedroom war until he eventually made an Astrotrain-shaped hole in the wall.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
SOUNDWAVE IS IN STOCK, GO GO GO! Just got an order through!

edit:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah at the TRU Sunday morning a guy showed up at like 9 AM (an hour before opening, but well after I'd arrived) to scope out the Marvel Legends. He mentioned that he'd heard about would-be scalpers being massively undercut by Hasbro's production and distribution speed. Soundwave may not be easy to get, but it's not gonna be Grimlock or MP-10.

Oh gently caress, I have a Masterpiece Grimlock, and the undamaged box still. I didn't realize they were going for $300+.

Maybe I'll sell that sucker. It's a good figure but 300 dollars is awfully tempting.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Honestly I would be okay with some kind of trailer that unfolded into an open Iron Man-esque suit that you smacked the smaller Ultra Magnus body into, which then locked around it using springy bits or just closed together over the arms/legs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like the chunkiness of it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Masterpiece Soundwave arrived in a box big enough to hold Metroplex's box in it. What.

The box itself is pretty snazzy. Low-quality cardboard, but has a nice design on it, and there's even stuff underneath the sleeve.

Soundwave himself looks like and is a little bigger than an average Soul of Chogokin figure. He loving owns and I am so glad I got one after missing out on reissue Soundwave. The cassettes too, so good. I actually didn't know he came with an Energon Cube, that's a really nice bonus!

Keldroc posted:

Truly, the horrors you endure at my hands are vast and innumerable.
Nah, there's only five pages worth. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If you're talking about Star Sabre, did he really even have a distinct character?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The name pretty much rules though.

CYCLOPS: ANOTHER STEELIAN SCIENTIST

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Because that is a bad website. He is asking $560 for Masterpiece Grimlock and Jetfire. That is silly, do not buy from them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That actually doesn't look as cluttered and messy as most of the earlier movie designs. Not bad comparatively.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bet they'll combine. You'll see.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I would be totally okay with Grimlock going from a tank or something into a robot dinosaur. Trypticon didn't have a man-shaped robot mode either in G1!

Swoop would probably go from a Predator Drone into a pterodactyl. Or something completely unrelated to flying into a pterodactyl, like a Humvee.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He also looks like a bunny rabbit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Monstructor completely ruled and I wish I could get him without paying both my arms for it.

Abominus is a boring scramble city POS.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well yeah, I was more talking about the combined form. Hun-Grr and Blot are both great. The rest are pretty awful though. The Monstructor guys ruled, my favorite shell was Birdbrain and my favorite robot was Slog.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Keldroc posted:

Really, the tiny microscopic Pretender Monsters ruled? I wish I'd bought them at the time because they're obscenely valuable now, but I always passed them up because they were so completely loving terrible. Hell, the only reason they're valuable now is because two of them break if you look at them funny due to Gold Plastic Syndrome and all the shells have a tendency to decay into goo.

I'd probably buy a reissue, just because they're the only Decepticon combiner team I don't have, but better than Abominus? Not for one second. Just Hun-Grrr alone puts the Terrorcons over the top. Is Monstructor himself even taller than Hun-Grrr?

I liked it BECAUSE it was a small six-man combiner that wasn't scramble city. It's alright, Keldroc, some folks have different opinions.

I would totally love a Monstructor remake, if it was this:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What's the time limit on amazon returns? Might as well return the two I bought there and go to costco and buy three(plus save ten bucks!) and just shove a couple in the closet for a few years down the line.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Veg posted:

You're sounding like a TFW2005 user.

Guess what? Toys get cheaper months after release. Thats retail.

Metroplex will get heaps more releases too.

You don't need to act nasty just because I fund my Transformers habit entirely by buying one or two extras to sock away for selling later so that I break even on the money front while getting some neat toys to futz around with. It makes you come across as extremely bitter.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I love that Toyworld one, love the Fansproject one for how Geewunny it is(it just LOOKS like it's 30 years old!), and absolutely loathe that MMC one. Man that is a crap-looking figure, itty-bitty face, big fat helmet, and apparently the hands are totally visible in vehicle mode, good job guys!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Buy a half dozen Metroplexes and construct ACTUAL furniture out of them!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope you're not sassin' the Bludgeon mold, Gamma. We gonna have issues if that 's the case. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Reveal the Shield Lugnut is really one of the best 20 dollar action figures the world has ever seen. Seriously just top notch in every aspect, though he really doesn't need the red rocket donglauncher thing.

The wings-into-arms transformation is just such a joy. When you see Transformers transform in detail in a given show, and then try to imagine your toys of that character doing that, you know it's not possible(except Cybertron and such stuff, weren't they basically 3D models of the toys complete with same transformations?), but whenever I transform his arms, I can practically see the speed lines behind the arms as I do it.