Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
JYB as Artemis? that is an interesting choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

The Blu-Ray/DVD sets for the first half of the series are now up for preorder.

They'll be out November 11th.

I'm curious as to what the release schedule for these will be, every two months? three months? Hopefully the gaps aren't too long.

I'm very much excited for the new dub. Maybe they'll put some clips up before release?

As for Crystal, a bit sad there's no rose throwing but it wasn't too bad. Hopefully the next episode will improve on the animation though, it was awfully stiff.

Where? I don't see it on Viz or amazon.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Moatman posted:

She's definitely less emotive

Whether that's a bad thing or not is up to you

It's good for keeping 200 episodes entertaining at least.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Question: Can someone explain why Ami's/Mercury's senshi outfit is the only one without shoulder sleeves?

this is starting to send my OCD into overdrive

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Robviously posted:

Each of the senshi have little differences in their outfits. Shoulders, accessories, shoes, and Jupiter has her antenna on her tiara. This is not the series for OCD.

Said antennae is used for an attack and is hidden away until it is used. It is practical.

It just weird to have 5 people and only 4 match from the knees up. For some reason the shoes don't bother me but I this they kind of match some of them well like boots for the more rough and tough Jupiter heels for the fashion Venus and stilettos for the fiery Mars

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

neongrey posted:

Not in the manga design, as above!

From the manga

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Really? That's... sort of dumb.

Not really, It allows them to stay true the the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month. It's annoying but that is what they said they were doing.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Dove from Above posted:

Spotted on tumblr:

"So now we know Minako is the one taking the Sailor Moon product photos."

wow, just wow Japan

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Going by other people's reactions I am probably in the minority, but I like the new dub.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Season 1 Part 2 up on Amazon for preorder
http://www.amazon.com/Sailor-Season-Limited-Combo-Blu-ray/dp/B00OQRU9FY/ref=tmm_blu_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Despite what they say, I still thinks this was more of a part of the Dark Kingdom Arc then the start of the next arc, especially since it had the finale of the battle take almost half of this episode.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
For those interested, R Part 1 is up for pre-order on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_i=desktop

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
It bugs me they are calling it season 3. The first Crystal was announced as being 26 episodes but for some reason they keep calling 14-26 the second season. Yes they aired in a different year, yes it's a different story line, but the first part of 14 concludes the Dark Kingdom story before it moves on and they all aired with no break in the middle. (granted the airing could just be how Japan does shows with out breaking between. I admit the only other Japanese shows I watch are super sentai and Kamen rider and the new ones do air immediately the next week after the old one ends). The only reason Crystal was split between two years though it because of the scheduling which only aired two episodes a month.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

If anybody cares Crystal's english dub is starting next weekend. :geno:

Still no word on S in the US. And anybody who bought part 2 of R in the US should call Warner to get a replacement for disc two because Viz hosed up and put a version of episode 80 on the disc with a hosed up audio sync near the end.

would that be DVD, Blu-ray or both on the disc 2 audio?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's both.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
yeah I still call the first 26 as one season as it was announced that way.

• Locked thread